/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Lavastone Caek Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31044
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why arent you posting your builds

1.7.10 is dead

>download MultiMC, install forge and throw the mods in the mods folder
>it all works and we've been playing on the server for a week
wtf I love curse. I thought I was going to relive those nightmares of scrounging through google and wading through minecraft forums or random sketchy websites to download mods. With curse it was all J U S T T H E R E

I have no idea if there's a more elegant way, but this should work.

>tfw forget to fluip the switch on the smeltery and end up with 15 stacks of agmallen

Can two smelteries share the same walls? What about seared tanks?

Who are the /mcg/-approved Minecraft Youtubers/Streamers?

I really like Grian. His style of build tutorials, instead of being tedious block-by-block shit, show a style and inspirational ideas. They've helped me a lot with getting better at building and making my own creations.

Also he isn't 12 years old, hyperactive, with a terrible voice.

I can't find decent Minecraft content on Youtube anymore. Everyone else has moved on to whatever 3D crafting game is fresh off Greenlight this month and the Yogs have all gotten fucking insufferable. I miss Sips Co and Hat Corp...

Try AvlisGamer.

Oh would you look at that, I'm right. You can just shove it on a drawer controller and not on every fucking drawer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>I can't find decent Minecraft content on Youtube anymore.
I can't find decent content on Youtube period.
>tfw AvidyaZEN hasn't uploaded a new video in nearly a year, and he's basically "Guude's editor" now

how often does hoboserb get new people?

is it a commie that's all progressed and shit?

Best Friends Play and Team 4Star are good for current games, Supergreatfriend and Shub (Iconoclast187) for old/shitty games.

I pretty much have Youtube on more than Netflix and Hulu. Seriously, Best Friends and Supergreatfriend both have excellent Deadly Premonition playthroughs, both good for different reasons.

No commie on hobo, it's everyone for themselves, but everyone is pretty open to trade or help out

Population isn't increasing much atm, since /mcg/ is a pretty small userbase, but you're welcome to come join us

A lot of it is all for yourself, though I've got my little enderslut farm in the end and am at the point where I'm voiding pearls. So I have them in a public ender chest for anybody to help themselves to.

Past that, you're on your own pal.

Is...is that a drawer full of fire?

>Hat Corp
Those guys were very creative, what happened?

They fell into the GMod hole after Google decided to cut everyone's ad revenue share, last I checked. And they do races in GTA Online. I still pull those videos up because I enjoy their banter.

It's Grudge, what botes use as fuel and for ammo.

Every mob drops it, and it gets in the way with everything. So I'm just voiding it basically, since it's so readily available from basically anything. The lumps can make for some nice decor blocks, and the Abyssium that can be made from it does have a nice sharp red color to it.

Less mods used fluids at the time, but nowadays a lot of the big mods (BuildCraft, ThaumCraft, Ender IO, Thermal Foundation, MineFactory Reloaded, Forestry, RailCraft) have their own fluids.

Everything is a convienence. Even Forge is a convienence, if you ask the people making JAR mods - effectively, at least some of the modding community seeks to make life less painful for others rather than more painful.

Also, the performance loss is neglible - and can even be a performance increase, as a good foundation can beat a mediocre custom implementation - while the results are worth it for aesthetics and added mechanics. Many mods (such as RedPower 2, BuildCraft's pipe system, Applied Energistics 2) simply had their own pseudo-multipart APIs built in instead, which causes the very same "issues" yet doesn't even add cross-compatibility.

Any mods that can complement with Ancient Warfare 2? 1.7.10 player here.

The Multiblock is for power gen, if you so chose to use it. NEI recipe usage a Nether Star (or any of its fuels, like blaze rods) to show what else can be used as a fuel for it, and NEI usage the multiblock core to show the actual multiblock construction.

It's just something like this.
>placing, mining and collecting laser all converge into one
>this array of reflectors make the laser point down and around the pure daisy
>filter in the mining laser is set to either livingwood or livingrock, so it won't break anything else
The only thing left is generating power for the block placers and miners.

This makes manual farming so much more entertaining

By the way, I figured out what's the multiblock thing about and I feel dumb for having never hit the use key on it. It uses certain items+a plain laser as fuel to generate power, including nether stars because why the fuck not.

now THIS is MAWPC

is that the new tinker's on 1.10?

Like this.
An holy fuck does it eat a shitton of resources, but a stack of redstone gave me about 5 million RF. For some reason it makes 51200 RF/t for like 2 ticks with TNT.

That is amazing, yet scary.

I particularly like The Mindcrafter's videos, but their content if few and very far inbetween. Their tutorials are good their LP series suck.
I think most ppl like DW20 for who he is but hate him for who he hangs out with and what he does in his LPs like showing cool stuff and then getting it nerfed because of that.

He's probably just fucking around with VeinMiner.

what mod is this m8ty?

Laser Tech
forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31044
Don't worry about the runes, like most Jap mods everything in-game is in English.
As for learning how to use the mod, Google Translate should be enough to teach you the basics.

Add something to this list.

Battlegear, Enchanting Plus and Tool Utilities

Evening at the WIP railyards on hoboserb feels pretty comfy, even if it is a bit lonely right now

You fool! You have messed with the natural order!

Do the lasers work for defense too ro are they for tech only?

There's a laser that damages mobs, can't remember how strong it is but like everything else it can be upgraded.

Best mob mods?
Bonus points if they actually fit in

Ender Zoo
Rough Mobs

rest is shit

Primitive Mobs

Hostile Mobs and Girls
Grimoire of Gaia

worrying intensifies

HMaG
seriously

This, this is why I'm never going to go beyond 1.6.4.

for fuck's sake. can't all devs just agree to not mod for 1.10+?

Not when reddit and faggots who think modding should be a valid job exist

>who think modding should be a valid job
Why do they even think this?

Entitlement

>just about everyone who played it smart could build their mods on 1.9 and have it work in 1.10
>community: Can we expect more of this?
>Jeb: LOL, no!

currently building a bigger and better military base than this one

d-day is almost done, airstrip built and horten ho hangars done. will post pics in a bit

(pic related is my previous base)

Because otherwise most of the modders owning the big mods which rarely get feature updates anymore would have already left and, you know, found a job.

Which might be a good thing, but it would definitely keep you on 1.7.10 or whatever.

mods that never die because "they're too big" is a bad thing.
not to mention if they're open source, they can easily be replaced.

>not to mention if they're open source, they can easily be replaced
Don't let the circlejerk catch wind of that. You might get some strawman comics about how no one will take up the torch if you call them "dispensable."

>console
>actual photo instead of a screenshot
REDDIT GET OUT

yeah, witch means they would be less bitchy about muh purmissions and that the community would keep mods they like afloat

>bitching
>about a console player

NECKBEARD GO OUTSIDE

Am I doing something wrong?
i have full obsidian armor but I have no protection whatsoever above the health bar

Oh wow, this is amazing.

nice build lad.
I think you posted it before, but it's still impressive.

no

No problems there, the armor icons don't show up for TD armors for some reason. They still work though, with plate armor being equivalent to diamond chain armor to iron, and cloth to either leather or nothing, can't remember.

yeah i posted it a few weeks ago im trying to upload pics of my new one rn

>want to download mekanism
>its not on curseforge
>go to dev's "homepage"
>its a wordpress
>go to download
>have to click through 3 AdFly links
>the 2 addons download instantly
>the core mod loads with 10B/s
>its faster to download a modpack with the latest version than to download the mod itself

>wanting the only mod dev maintaining a big mod on multiple versions to use jewforge

Actually, mods have only become more open-source with time. The 1.2.5 Tekkit pack's only major open-source mod was BuildCraft, and that was purely due to circumstances of the time.

Anyhow, they can be replaced whether they're open-source or not; see what happened to RedPower or EE2. The word you're looking for is "taken over".

It doesn't work this way. Most modders who leave don't suddenly change their permissions over leaving.

Admittedly, Aidan has announced that he will be pushing the mod to CurseForge eventually.

>>Admittedly, Aidan has announced that he will be pushing the mod to CurseForge eventually.

>only mod dev
OpenComputers is getting releases for 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4 and 1.10.2 simultaneously, all the time. The same was true for 1.6.4, 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 when those versions were still in popular use.

Many mods (BuildCraft and TechReborn come to mind) are also getting bugfixes on 1.7.10 with the bleeding-edge features on newer versions.

Also, back in the day, immibis maintained his mods for 1.2.5, 1.3.2 and 1.4.2 simultaneously - back when people stuck to 1.2.5 solely for RedPower.

those who run away are always in the wrong.

I don't mind him hosting it on his own page, since its literally the first google result

but he should atleast have mirrors for his downloads incase one download server is having issues

because otherwise it almost feels like googling an issue, finding a forum post with the last comment being "nvm, fixed it" or "[only registered users can see the solution]"

>The 1.2.5 Tekkit pack's only major open-source mod was BuildCraft
Huh, that reminds me, we haven't heard anything from the Technic guys in a while.

Oh, that's because CanVox got a very good job at Twitch about half a year ago. He was the last person maintaining the modpacks and the Technic launcher. Effectively, with him gone, Technic has no "official" developers left.

>on multiple versions
I'm pretty sure he's abandoned 1.7.10 already. His update checker doesn't care about the version either and will happily tell you that your current version is outdated, while linking you to a 1.10.2 version.

So other than their modding platform, they're dead in the water? That sucks.

>new snapshot
>literally nothing
>will break a lot of mods

>_

my modpack's world generation is shaping up nicely. cool underground oceans.

What mod makes that sort of generation?

>Will break a lot of mods
>Fixes a few vanilla issues, such as item elevators
He also mentions a lot of "Technology" changes, so either fixes under the hood to fix the issues of how it runs in 1.8/1.9/1.10 vs 1.7/1.6

Though with everything going to the id tags and not to the blockID's, could actually spell doom for Forge if they implement a working modding API under the hood that's akin to Forge.

Mo' creatures
Is it any good?

>nether quartz
>not in the nether

TRIGGERED

>mojang
>do something right

not even once

UndergroundOceans

it's new. it's. 1.10.

fuck going to the nether for quartz desu

Granted 90% of their best "Features" were just abuses of bugs (BUDs, Item Elevators, Piston Translocation, 0-tick generators) or community coding suggestions that they went "Hey that's pretty good" (Slimeblocks 'sticking' when pushed was something coded by the ZipKrowd server) and just stuck them into the base game.

I know that some of the nether bees can spawn in the overworld, but very rarely. They come with either a case of Quartz or Glowstone around them, and are always an interesting and exceedingly rare find.

>copy instance and try taking a few mods out to see what impacts my FPS the most
>suddenly out of memory errors
>which I don't get with my full pack
How the fuck does this even

when you copy an instance, does it copy it's settings

I even double-checked my options to be sure. All resource packs and so on are the exact same as well, but the pack with less mods seems to use so much more memory that it gives me errors in the fucking title screen.
I'll never be able to understand this game.

>voiding
>not using a compacting drawer

>expecting good things from Yeb!

fuck me why did I not think of that

>On a farm whose sole purpose is to generate Ender Pearls, Thaumcraft bags, and GoG drops

but botes

>voiding any resources ever
>not maximizing output of all resources you can possibly get from something

>remember about compact grudge
>put one in a compacting drawer
>realize that there's double compressed grudge too
Oh shit I'll never run out of room for grudge

>can see arrows at full brightness at all times
>someone told mojang how to fix it in five seconds several versions ago
>grum just now assigned profmobius to fix it

god help us, that idiot will fuck something else up

arrows cease to exist