Should i Buy/ First car thread

didnt see any threads related in the catalog so ask whether you should buy or if Veeky Forums knows problems associated with*insert car name here*.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/camillo/cars-vans-utes/morris-marina/1107576474
pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/arrawarra/cars-vans-utes/1970-austin-1800-sedan/1112497574
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/waikiki/cars-vans-utes/toyota-corona/1104018537
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gosnells/cars-vans-utes/1971-nissan-other-sedan/1113382385
mybroadwaycars.com/2006-Mazda-Mazda6-i-Dallas-TX-75220/5628728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how the fuck did you find one of the last remaining Morris Marinas left in the fucking world

why on earthy would you WANT to buy one

cus ausfagia

If you wanted something faggy, you could do better than a fucking Morris Marina. There's less than 1000 of the things left for a reason. They were awful awful cars, and you will hate yourself if you buy it. I don't think there's even one good quality to the damn thing.

If you want a mediocre BL sedan, just buy a landcrab.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/arrawarra/cars-vans-utes/1970-austin-1800-sedan/1112497574

>gumtree.com.au/s-ad/arrawarra/cars-vans-utes/1970-austin-1800-sedan/1112497574
>in nsw
>5000+km nahh mate it wont making back across the 'bore

although these look promising
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/waikiki/cars-vans-utes/toyota-corona/1104018537
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gosnells/cars-vans-utes/1971-nissan-other-sedan/1113382385

>all the wonderful cars you can get in Australia
>wants that
Why
Why
Why

Toyota. Not only is it a wagon (for maximum haulage and utility), it's economical, it's reliable, and the thing looks brand fucking new.

Why are you on o, that's not what I want

because 19 year old on green"p" plates, so no "performance/sports/high power" cars so na for days
yeah thats what im thinking between that an a na 2nd gen impreza wagon/hatch

The Toyota is a classic, though. That's got to account for a lot.

Everyone sells broken shit you literally can't get a decent car for under 5 grand in the Melbourne area which wont fall apart a year later

yeah, im heading out to look at it now,if the thread is still around when i get back ill let you guys know how it went

Yes, but that's a fucking Morris Marina. It probably wouldn't make it to the end of the block without breaking down. The Marina is up there on the list of "worst cars ever made".

Drop into the /CCG/ if you get it.

I bought one with ruddbucks. Its still going.

That 1200 is a collectors item.

1983 Porsche 944. just bought one

Choose my next car, currently considering:
- Nissan 370z
- Scion FR S
- Some other car I should look into?

I'm into the sporty look, what do you suggest?

It would be rare, at least.

>last remaining
>marinas

>Morris Marina. There's less than 1000 of the things left for a reason

They're not fucking rare at all m8. I could buy half a dozen within a week if I wanted to.

They're kind of the British Lada. Definitely not bad cars either despite what some wanker on top gear says.

Fiesta ST.
Doesn't look as nice as the FR-S, but it's faster and more practical.

They're not great cars but they're reliable and easy to fix.

I'm looking at a 98 GMC Sierra k1500 with the 4.3l v6 with 5spd.

Anyone know of any major issues I should look out for? Anything these trucks are known for? It looks really clean and has super low miles, as well as a clean carfax (thanks VIN hero!).

Pic related.

why a morris marina honestly

just buy a ke30 or datsun 120y if you want small and gutless. at least those cars from that era are reliable as hell

Thanks, will look into it.

How the fuck did the Marina get such an undue reputation? Can someone explain this I'll meme?

Currently have my eye on an 87 16v Scirocco and an 84 GTI. Which would be less of a headache?

How are Toyotas and Volvos for first cars?

Was told Peugeots handle like shit, and Hondas are just goddamn souless to drive.

All FWDs handle like shit and all small engines are gutless unless in a super light car like the Peugeot 205.

Volvo are the Swedish Mercedes and 100% infallible and perfect in every way.

I'd avoid Hondas because rice tax unless you specifically want a Honda.

Some Peugeots are great. Others not so much. Depends what model you're after.

Unfortunately it's difficult as fuck to find RWDs in britcuck as a first car.

It's the Peugeot 408 I'm after, though there's several Volvo S40s I could pick up.

Hondas feel so plebian.

what hondas have you driven? year, model? saying that hondas are soulless to drive is more a projection of the driver's lack of soul than of the cars.

Just a rumor I've heard, and the amount I've seen.
I'm a pretty souless person though.

I heard a rumor that people like you are pretty stupid.

Maybe I am; it is my first car after all.

yes they really are actually soulless unless it's a type-r then it's a banzai nutter

cool.

How good are Citroens for first cars?

The same good that Peugeot is good

>honda owner triggered by the truth
toppest of keks

It's funny because any honda with a dohc vtec(b series) is amazing. But they're skipped by hipsters on Veeky Forums because ''hurr plebs drive it'' ''hurr it's cheap so it must be shit'' ''hurr japanese cars are soulless''

hondas are stereotyped for being normalfag cars, and being on an imageboard, you'd think you're a speshul snowflake and want to steer away from normalfags.

Hence why people joke about hondas.

not to mention the stereotype of souless jap cars.

Nothing FWD is amazing.

Most people trash their first car. Grinding the gears and putting ding's in it. I don't know much about soul but a Honda engine lasts forever.

youre grasping for straws there buddy. your attempt at trolling is so infantile and basic that I couldnt help but point out how stupid you are. your reply is formulaic, not an ounce of thought went into it. do you think youre clever? do you get enjoyment out of repeating the same old stale shit constantly? "___fags" "triggered" "top kek". you couldnt form an original thought if your life depended on it. this isnt even about honda. this is about me taking a shit on you and everybody who posts like you. you unoriginal thoughtless parrot. eat my shit, parrot. I bet it tastes good to you

I have more of a general question. I need to buy a car soon, and people have been telling me that I shouldn't buy used because the cost to fix shit that goes wrong will make it more expensive than a new car. I've also been told that insurance rates are much higher on older cars due to that lack of newer safety/anti-collision features.

To what extend are these things true, if at all?

Seeing as how this board's sticky is literally about buying used cars, I'm guessing that the general sentiment here is to contradict the above statements. However, I'd like some additional thoughts from anyone with more experience, if possible.

older cars are less efficient so people in the uk get taxed for having cars after 1970s but before 2001.

the safeties also fall in line too; a pre-2000 car crash can result in your steering wheel being pushed through your head and neck, whilst the newer onces squeeze your legs.

Obligatory.

Forgot to mention mileage, but that should be an easy factor to consider since it's readily quantifiable. I'm in the United States and I've not heard of any such tax here.

Cry about it some more, faggot.

insurance too. there is a tax because they're super screwy with non-eco/modern cars but antique and LPG cars are partially exempt. something along those lines.

petrol and diesel get taxed unlike the states, but over here the car itself is cheaper.

not sure about mileage, but if it's got 100k miles in 5 years, I sure hope they took good care of that car.

i'm actually laughing right now. i'm laughing at you. do you like the taste of my shit, parrot?

I only need a car at weekends and I live in the UK. My budget is about £5K. I'm looking for something small, fast and quirky. So far my main choices are:

>Mk2 Golf GTi
>MGB GT
>Saab 900 Turbo

Any more suggestions? Any big reasons why any of those three are bad ideas?

mgb because fuck hatchbacks

>MGB

Get that. I was fucking blown away by how diverse the parts situation for them are.

I'd say era, or how much you're willing to mod might matter a bit. Those are good choices though (Or at least the MGB & Golf are, haven't driven the Saab)

The Mk2 is in my opinion the best Golf GTI they made, it was a lot stronger than the Mk1, yet didn't get as fat as the modern ones are today. Good ones are really cheap too, because it's only really the 1st that's regarded as a classic, but that goes for a lot of brilliant hot hatches.

Small BL Sports Cars can be good, especially if you dig up a good model. The fact that there's a shitload here and that they're known for horrific build quality keeps prices low, irrespective of how good individual prices are.

Bike

*parts situation is
You can get better deals on parts for an MGB than some modern cars.

>they're known for horrific build quality
That's the best part. MG actually had the best build quality in all of British Leyland. Abingdon never struck once, and its workers not only gave a shit about the cars they made, they actually liked them. An MGB is vastly more reliable than a TR7.

exactly that, there are far worse shitboxes out there and considering it's survived this long it's probably in really good order.

Should I?

'85 BMW 325e, 142,000 miles

>Irrespective of how good individuals are

Is what I meant to say. I like to think that as the years have went by, most of the BL cars left behind are decently maintained and well-looked after, so they serve as decent, cheap RWD cars for people who can't insure an MX-5 :^)

Seriously though, I like them, when I was 18 I could actually afford to insure old family cars that were actually great fun to drive (A mini in that case, but I get the feeling everyone could guess that)

Oh no, I got you. I'm saying that the MGB already had a leg up on that.

Thanks for the input. Tbh the only thing that puts me off the MGB is that they're common as muck - part of wants to go for something a bit less "obvious" just for the sake of diversity

Then get a rubber bumper one. Nobody likes them despite their practicality, and the last three years of production were objectively the best MGBs ever made. I can't stress how any problems were solved by them giving the MGB a 12-volt electrical system.

Seriously, can't give this car enough credit, lower the suspension to the levels it should have been sold at, and I'm pretty sure there are ways to replace the bumper with something more A E S T H E T I C if it's really too ugly for you.

Yeah I've seen several rubber bumper ones for sale that have been converted to chrome

>WITNESSED

Tbqh if you're looking for a classic to daily, keep the bumpers. They can actually take a bump, unlike the chrome ones that are just their for decoration. Save the chrome conversion for the Sunday driver.

The ride height is arguable; I myself like it for the extra clearance it gives me over speed bumps and rough roads. As I said, practical.

*just there

I need more coffee.

I'll only be used at weekends, not commuting or anything but I'll take this into consideration anyway bro.

Hey, a rubber bumper MGB that stays a rubber bumper example will stand out. More and more of them are getting that conversion and nobody is changing them back.

Because BL was utterly shit, and it had an utterly shit build quality in addition to being an ancient design. The things started rusting at the factory.

Add in that it was a parts bin car (so everyone cannibalized them for BL parts for their own vehicles), and there are barely any left.

what do y'all think? i'm going to have it inspected tomorrow by an independent mechanic
mybroadwaycars.com/2006-Mazda-Mazda6-i-Dallas-TX-75220/5628728
>102k miles
>no reported accidents
i drove it a little today, only thing that was really off for me was the steering wheel
basically, the car goes straight while the steering wheel is turned slightly left
centering the steering wheel (leaving the vehicle as is) makes the car move to the right

Needs an alignment.

think it's just a matter of having the steering wheel centered or like the (front) tires need an alignment?

I've got a BRZ and love it. Really fun to autocross, test drive one if you can.

I don't know. You'll have to get it on a lift to find out.

Thoughts or experience on Saab 900S? 96 model.

here it is, going for $1800 CAD, 169200 km.

can anyone vouch for Saab? I know fuck all about em

fuck sakes. here's the car

i guess i'll just let the mechanic know then
thanks, g

350z from 2004ish with around 30 to 40k miles.
Or
GTI from 2008ish with around 60k miles.

I'm seeing those kind of options go for 9-10k bucks.

Both are very very tempting.
I hate the interior plastics of the 350, but I really dig the outside and rice, plus manuel dorito fun.
I like the interior in the GTI, I like that it's more practical, and there's a chance I might marry soon, although it's still 50/50.
It has DSG so familia can drive it which is a positive and negative at the same time.

1995 v6 3.0 4wd, 150k miles.. Is it worth the Toyota tax?

Well... going for?

nope only the 22r or re are worth the tax

Currently drive a Ford Ka. Is currently in the shop and repairs may be getting a bit uneconomical.

So in case the repairs turn out to be uneconomical, what should it be replaced with? Another Ka, Twingo, Clio, something else perhaps? This thing has really grown on me.

Netherlands by the way.

I need help in finding a reliable enough for a cheap shitbox to learn manual. Only driven automatic for a total time of like 1 hour.

Buy an actual decent first car then
I bought a 2002 avalon vxi for 5k 4 years ago with 72000k's
You know what ive had to change in 4 years?
The oil and tyres

If you're looking for a good new car, buy something 3-5 years old, some brand new cars could have faults that may have not been apparent when they were released, resulting in a recall