Any of you guys have an Veeky Forums related job?

Any of you guys have an Veeky Forums related job?

What do you do? Do you like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Water_Army
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is driving tractors Veeky Forums related?
I drive one of pic related at work, there are worse jobs i guess.

My family used to do all that. Got to drive one as a kid.

They're so fun.

Kind of I guess, I work for holiday, see all kinds of cars all night long here

it's just a mustang.
and a badly done shoop.

lube tech at a chill ass dealership

I suck dicks at the local truckstop

Credit analyst in NYC
Bus ride to work
Barely drive my (new) car that I bought about a year ago
Have this job for about 7 months now
Tryna get to wall street

Autobody at a local rally/restoring shop, studying car mechanics atm.
Fun as hell but frustrating sometimes.

I just quit an 8-year long stint working for a mid-level motorsports company.

Not sure what I want to do now because it's not like I could go up to some bigwig at a nascar team and ask for a job but considering the only thing that made me leave was salary negotiations I'd just like to find someone who's not gonna fucking jew me out of a decent salary.

Oil change shop.
We try to stay honest save for some employees that just want to upsell everything.

Try to guess which one.

Oh I'm a lube tech.
It's alright, pays minimum. But coworkers are chill.

Doing what?

thats the life of being a tech whether youre at a race shop, dealer, independent, etc.

I'm trying to leave this field of work ASAP.

was a mechanic... busted my back. now i need spinal reconstruction. started at oriellys. hate the company but the job itself was pretty good and some of the products... now im buildin computers and wonder why i wasted 2 years on school for cars.

Lucky, i wanna be a truck stop whore but can't afford to go to school for it.

bmw independent tech

should have been a mechanical engineer.

its fine through your 20's but once you get close to 30 you realize you need a house/nest egg and in CA being a tech just aint gonna cut it. oh well ill try again next reincarnation.

its never too late desu senpai.
im a tech at 26 and im halfway to ME degree.

same desu senpai

>We try to stay honest

Definitely not Valvoline or Meineke

I painted cars and antiques for a restoration shop for over a year. I had a really good hand at it and it paid very well. I was making $50/hour without having to do any of the dirty prep work.

I drive these pretty fast and stuff if that counts

I work at Honda as a technician

I work as a engine dyno test engineer, sometimes stuff blows up

I work on a fire engine, sometimes an ambulance. Working on them is breddy cool.

It's kinda Veeky Forums related when I see how not to drive, and somebody is wadded up in a tree stump.

Last year I put out a turbo'd 63 Impala that caught on fire because of some wiring issue. It had a water meth tank in the trunk that we helped him hide from the sheriff that responded. Good times.

I used to do overnight maintenance on a roller coaster if that counts.

Most of my job was composed of re-greasing, restoring, and simple welds. Almost all of the problems arose from computer related incidents handled by the "electricians".

Being third shift in a dead quiet theme park warehouse with a couple other wrenchers was fairly cozy. Just not great for family and personal life.

Good guy fireman was a good guy

I drive trucks for the Army. Just trucks with MHE built in for now but i plan on moving up to these tank haulers soon which are called HETs. p.s. Fuck you oshkosh Wisconson.

Pic related

I shill for ford on an anonymous imageboard. Pay is pretty shit.

I load delivery vans, and move shit around the warehouse so they can be loaded by others.

I get to ride in them sometimes when newbies don't have criminal records checks back to show they can be trusted with the van/contents/customers/electronic gadgetry.
I'm applying to drive them myself soon!

I'm a Toyota dealer tech I basically replace airbags, frames and dashes all day...I very rarely actually fix cars because people that take there cars to the dealer actually take care of them

parking lot, car wash and car detailer

fuck with stanced cars on purpose

many lels

Worked at this quick lube type place over a couple of summers while I was in HS. Place was a shitshow. Cars would come back all the time with leaks/oil covered undertrays. I could see who was a return customer in the computer system and almost every time I got to actually work on a returning customers car the filter felt like it was installed with loctite. Worst instance was this one time when a Subaru Outback came in for oil. The kid under the car managed to drain the transmission and change the transmission filter (the filter is external and is extremely similar a 4612 filter) (also the belly pan literally says "engine oil" on the cover for the access hole). The car got filled with oil (we never really checked the level cause you just start to remember how much oil each car takes), started, and reversed outside before anyone saw how much smoke was flying out of the exhaust. We had to hold the car and wait for a new transmission filter to be delivered, had to drain all of the oil in the engine, and now flush the transmission. I was put in charge of babysitting that guy for the rest of the day and making sure all of his stuff was done right.

I'm a former mechanic ,now i sell tires.

Fuel Systems on a F-16s for the AF
There are some transferable skills I guess

Shop - A little wrenching but mostly help customers with price quotes and advise them on modifications and aftermarket stuff. Occasionally drive to other towns/states to pickup and drop off cars or parts. Also run their social media and any online communication with customers and suppliers/partners.

UPS - Wash and park a fleet of UPS delivery trucks every weekday evening. It sound like a shit job but I really dig it. I've met my only boss twice since I started working over a year ago, I'm the only guy there when I'm working so I can work at my own pace and listen to tunes. Plus I get paid WAAAAY too much for such simple work.

>advise them on modifications and aftermarket stuff.
must be some wicked advice considering you run the quarter in 17 seconds

I part time at vatozone, and my real job I work on the electronic systems for turrets on 8 wheeled Light armored vehicles, usually with a mechanic.it's pretty nice I guess but the inside of the vehicles is tiny and I'm 6'3

Don't b mad, user.

someone hired me to hunt alphones and end him

Haven't seent that there whore in years, thanks for the nostalgia OP.

Lot Porter and Part-Time Lube Tech when it's busy at a local dealership. Pretty fun, very chill. Everyone who works there is a manchild and it's pretty fun. Lots of good stories told by salesguys and service techs, sometimes I get to drive fun cars when they get traded in and I get to go on test drives in fun cars when they get out of service to make sure they're fixed. Great job while in school. Not a long-term job unless I plan on becoming a tech or salesman. Pay is $12/hr

is that tiffany teen?

I'll pay you double if you make it slow and torturous.

I'm a delivery boy

I'm a tech, only recently started back in the biz after a long hiatus last year, already burnt. Have an interview at Tesla tomorrow, not really sure what techs even do for them, going there more out of curiosity, will report back.

I teach auto mechanics at a tech college. It's awesome. Two weeks then I'm off work until mid August.

I hate cars. I hate racing shit. It's all fucking gay. That being said I drive 3k a week in my Peterbilt. The transport board is full of cycle fags and I don't even really know why I'm here to be honest family.

Nope. :)

>stealth WAT

thank you for making me feel warm inside

I do, though probably not for much longer

I hate you and shitty semi truck clogging up the fucking higways. Fucking gay truckers buttfucking each other at the rest areas.

>semi trucks in both lanes of a two lane highway
fuck that gay ass shit, unless it says trucks use left lane semis should not be in the left lane

What happened? Can't handle the worlds idiots trying to buy cars they can't afford anymore?

Worked for Ford for 5 years.

Would rather go to India then work at a stealership again.

I own and operate a car service.
I do weddings, funerals, airport transfers and general chauffeuring.

Just started as a parts interpreter for a manufacturer of engines.
Currently in the warehouse learning the locations of stock/how to process the orders.

I'm pretty decent at bodywork and painting.
Like cutting out rust, fabricating new patches, and welding them.
Also full paint jobs, or spot repairs, clear coat repair, blending metallics etc.

Going to try lead work and upholstery soon.

Been playing around with coach painting for a while now. My results with custom made 2pak so far have been very good but I haven't found the perfect paint yet.
I'd give Rustoleum, Majic or Valspar Tractor paints a try but they don't sell them here.

I have another job, also Veeky Forums related and only do this on the side.

Most of my jobs are spot repairs on newer cars. Basically beating a dent out or fixing a cracked bumper, smoothing the surface with filler, and spraying only the damaged area.
Sometimes I do older cars but that takes a much longer time.

Can't really do it as a full time business because:
It would get too expensive because of the hours involved.
Don't have the required certifications.

pic related. custom ordered 2Pak paint applied with a 3" and 5" paint brush.
first coat. No brush marks, no orange peel.

>Wah! My time is more important than your time!

>I shill for ford on an anonymous imageboard. Pay is pretty shit.

You should work for China's fifty cent group.

The chinese government is known for hiring lots of chinese that know foreign languages. Their job is to go post defensively on major foreign sites to derail or stop or even attack posts or ad hominem certain posters to get them to shut up. The chinese posters in /a/ displayed that pattern as they had no real interest in a pro-japan anime named Gate as a legitimate cultural anime fan topic. Both Gate fans and the chinese posters can talk about the same JSDF topic, but one side seems "sterile" and that made their posts suspicious.

China's Officially Hired Forum Commentators (tens of thousands of them).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

To be a 50center, the Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China now holds regular training sessions, where participants are required to pass an exam after which they are issued a job certification.

Water Army: Besides the 50cent Army, there are professional writers also recruited and they are paid more by the Chinese Government as the Internet Water Army. Certainly, professional sockpuppets are a problem on wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Water_Army

>design engineer
I develop car interiors, so it's kinda related I guess

are you trish

if so

hi, trish

Sorry, but I'm not

>worse jobs I guess

Just walked off my milking position. The shift before me always left literal shit everywhere.

Slip controls engineering intern in the shitty state of Michigan

I make features that keep normies safe and Veeky Forums rage

>19
>Just finished first year if college
>Hated it
>Now working my old summer job as in a mom and pop garage
>Happy as a clam

Any other younglings?

Currently in college, I'm thinking about taking lame job when I graduate and trying to get into the sportbike racing scene, get my CMRA, wrench on my baiku all day, get sponsored.

I worked at Honda for about 4 years then Evasive Motorsports for about a year.

I drive tractors, mini digger and front loaders as a part of my job

Machine cleaning. We do shot and vapour blasting primarily as well as ultrasonic cleaning for things like carbs. We do some cool historic stuff, last of its kind pre-war gear.

What country you in mate

I'm , I was a full-time student until I no longer qualified for financial aid them went part time and started working at my dealership. I'm much happier having a set schedule to adhere to and I love the banter between the guys. Managing the lot and wrenching when necessary is pretty fun. I'm 20 now.

I work down at the car wash
Where all it ever does is rain

Fellow livery driver here. Anyone from business execs, some entertainment and groups of prom kids puking in the back of the limo. fun times.

I hate to break it to you, but that was the cows leaving shit everywhere. They DO that.

Southern EU.

It's ok sometimes, mainly the people you deal with on occasion that make it shitty

Apprentice mechanic, it's alright. Most of my day is spent putting tyres on busted old wheels and the odd oil change.

It's better than office work any day

18, about to start first year of college. Nothing Veeky Forums related. Surprised to find out that out of nearly 900 clubs on campus not one of them is an car/automotive club.

Gtfo off the road with your gay ass trucks dickhead.

I'd bet money that there's at least 5 gay clubs and 20+ vidya and/or anime clubs

>Shitty Scottish uni
>Only clubs on campus were LGBTA+ and the anime club

You win the money, because that's exactly true.

I read through the descriptions of the anime clubs, and some of the are literally just people watching anime together. How the hell did the university approve that? (There is a formal process to start a club--constitution, at least one member that works full time at the uni, etc.)

I'm tempted to start el carr/o/ club.

>mfw automobile club and gun club
>mfw we do ice rally x and single stage hillclimbs.
>mfw gun club has 300 members
>mfw i have no face.

>What do you do?
Pizza delivery driver.
>Do you like it?
I enjoy it a lot, but I hate how fast I'm racking up miles on my car (1300+ miles per month) and how these rough ass roads are beating the shit out of it. Lots of squeaks and rattles I never had before - my passenger side mirror and headlights shake like they're about to break at any moment now. Need to buy a second shitbox to put up with the abuse. My coworkers/managers and even the customers are all really chill and friendly for the most part. Only had like two bad experiences with customers, no incidents with coworkers. I think I've avoided getting into four accidents in the seven or so months I've been working this job. Never got robbed yet. I'm going to buy dashcam soon - thinking the Mobius Action Camera, unless anyone has a better recommendation. Gotta say it really sucked when my clutch slave cylinder went out the other night while on the job, first time I ever needed to get towed home. NAPA store I went to for parts asked me if I wanted to be a delivery driver for them - I'd get to drive one of their fleet vehicles, delivering car parts for $10/hr, and I'd get a discount on products. Mildly tempting, but I'm more interested in a valet parking attendant position at a hotel; guy I asked said he was making $13/hr plus tips. I'm making about $13/hr - that's minimum wage combined with the average amount I make in tips. But a lot of that goes to gas and parts, so...

Oh, and I learned that delivering with the top down is slightly annoying at times. Random people on the street will see me and ask me to give them pizza. I'd say that happens to me about two or three times a week.
>Three people have yelled at me to slow down when I wasn't even speeding - was doing the speed limit or five under
I anticipate that my soft top will get slashed or my car will get keyed by them in the near future. Don't really care since my paint's kind of junk already and if they do slash the top, I can put on my hardtop.

I'm curious - how much do you make and what are the requirements? Have you seen things, man? And some stuff?

>EF getting assblasted as usual

Seems about right.