Every time I can't pass somebody on an onramp I feel like a cuck...

Every time I can't pass somebody on an onramp I feel like a cuck. Especially when it is Chad and Stacey in the other car... fuck I hate that.

>mfw 160hp

Does anybody else feel trapped by the performance level of their car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Zj2h-3AeiM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do I find that hot?

>60 HP shitbox
I am that guy

>have 160hp shitbox
>have 0 issues over taking
>downshift from 5th to 3rd and gas it
>easy peasy

t. Ford Focus SE Hatchback

I don't think you can buy cars that weak where I live.

>have 0 issues over taking
You haven't tried to overtake somebody with 300hp that doesn't want to let you pass.

Over taking one car maybe, once you sit in a car with power it's entirely all too effortless

Overtaking someone who doesn't want to go much over the limit is not impressive. If someone is blocking me from merging on purpose, they'll find themselves looking at my taillights as I blow their doors off, but otherwise I'm not interested.
t. 500hp street demon

>t. 500hp street demon
stop holding out on us, lets see it.

Back when I was 17 I had a 300ZX... I drove it like a dangerous asshole 99% of the time. One of those times I passed a minivan on the inside right at the end of the on ramp.

Right now I drive a car that weighs 3000 pounds and has probably 110 wheel HP. My other car weighs 2600 ish and has maybe 80HP to the wheels. They're both rice burners and it's fun.

>110 hp, 4 speed
>passin niggas left and right them giving them an exhaust bath

You have no excuse

Not mine, but same trim/color

I only have 69hp and I overtake everyone easily.

even with 560hp you'll always be a cuck

>Be me, driving my 1989 Honda
>3rd gear on the highway
>going about 80MPH
>at least 9 gorillian rpms
>as I fly through traffic I don't even have to look at the other drivers
>I already know their jaws are agape in awe of my engines power and sensual exhaust note.
>I keep braaping into the night

My car isn't super fast but it has decent power. It exceeds the speed limit quicker than I expect sometimes. I would really like the power of a Tesla, though.

Shitboxes are sideways 8 times more funner than retarded horsepower numbers

I'd take a geo metro with a blown motor over a super car any day

You guys aren't understanding my pain. Anybody can pass anybody else with a tiny amount of HP if the overtaken car lets it happen.

I come up with my 160hp subaru box and you disappear in my rear view mirror.

Just buy an extension cord lol

>tesla
>passing power
Tesla's are only fast off a line, that's it.

>go to overtake a ford expedition doing 50 on a 55
>drop my 90 wheel hp miata down to third, 4700 rpm and climbing, in the power band
>hear V8 roar to life, expedition starts speeding up too
>uhh, what?
>max 3rd, bang into 4th
>get to 80 mph before before seeing an oncoming car and backing off
>mad man expedition just stays over 80mph and until he disappears from my view
that was the one and only time I've had a problem overtaking someone in my 1.6 miata

Know your place subascum.
>let it happen
Pull back into the lane when they're speeding up, find out who's the real cuck

>Does anybody else feel trapped by the performance level of their car?

Not really since most people here drive under 1.4l hatchbacks or 2l diesel bigger cars.

To be honest a lot of the time I like to drive my gfs 1.2l Fiat Punto around town because I don't feel under pressure to go fast.

In my 2.5l V6 Mondeo I always have to be getting ahead.

It won't be your last

Interesting thing about the electric motor is that it could be feasible to never have it run over... like a few hundred RPM? Gear ratios waaay longer than a ICE engine are possible. If the motor was kept at low RPM (optimally, according to this graph, whatever RPM it turns at 40MPH) it could put out maximum power continuously. It would just takes a proper transmission to do it.

>gear ratios
>transmission
Teslas don't, and will never have transmissions. Stop trying to make your shitty battery work.

>Stop trying to make your shitty battery work.
But user, the future. It is 2016, we can do anything.

Typically I try not to over take children. People who can't handle being passed without their egos getting bruised are people I try to stay away from on the road.

I've driven cars ranging from 90hp to over 700hp. I'm usually a pretty docile driver and tend not to pass anyone unless they're doing 10 under in the left lane.

I don't get it. :(

Over 400 HP is plenty for me to pass.

Technically its the present (present emoji)

>I don't get it. :(
Because mustangs have no pushrods

That only confuses me further. D:

When you have a subaru box with no exhaust, every opportunity to go through the gears is seized like it might be your last.

:[

Because you are depraved

>buying a car for performance
lel

>drive my car to get from a to b
>basically a couch with 4 wheels
>ride motorcycle if i want fun/get somewhere fast
>beats 99% of cars i come across in the suburbs

>doesn't beat 99% cars ever made
Pleb

did you read what i wrote?

how often do you come across a porsche in the suburbs?

anyways money for performance a bike wins hands down. $10 000 AU and i've got a bike just shy of 200hp.

I ride a motorbike too but I do find being able to throw a car into a corner with reckless abandon is something I miss on the bike.

i do understand that.

but i feel guilty driving recklessly in a car. i'm more likely to hurt somebody else. on a bike im 90% more likely to kill myself than another innocent person.

>implying that has anything to do with what I'm talking about

As electric cars become more prevalent transmissions will probably be developed.

You ausies are such clucks

youtube.com/watch?v=1Zj2h-3AeiM
>all car owners

>90hp shitbox
>have no trouble overtaking
>mostly bicycles though

With 480 hp. No I don't feel trapped by it

>200hp
>just enough to maneuver and pass everybody when needed

I want 300hp so I can win stoplights, das bout it

It's not that there are no transmissions for electric cars, its just that there's no reason

>Loses torks with RPMs
>no need for a tranny
are you hearing yourself RIGHTNOW?

It adds weight, cost, another piece to break (with that tork you can bet they'll fuckin break)

it's a fucking on ramp you're suppose to let through traffic have the fucking right of way you stupid fucking nigger

why can't we just kill off people like OP yet

>Duratec V6
>getting ahead of anything

Most anemic 170hp i have ever driven, 3/10 engine but only because it's smooth.

No, because I have torks.

>tfw 300hp in Cuck Britain

No not really

>so much grunt
>...all the way up to 20mph

when I was just starting out with stick I tried to pass someone on the on ramp as normal and missed 3rd gear. It just didn't go all the way in. Engine would have been kill if first gear.

Also 160 hp Club. Probably lost a bit with age tho

>90 bhp
>125 Nm
>French Wheel Drive
>10% wider than stock tires
>try to pull out in front of someone at an intersection
>shitbox can't even put that pathetic power on the ground without understeering into a guard rail
>14 seconds 0-100 kph
>highbeams flashing and honking behind me
Every. Single. Time.
>mfw

Just shoot me please.

>with that tork you can bet they'll fuckin break
ah, yes
no combustion engine has ever been capable of delivering 450Nm, ever :^)

I drive a GMC Sierra, I merge and people move.

Why does the Veyron's 16cyl engine sound like shit from inside the cabin?

Just do what I do, drive a quad cab full size truck, you just floor it and make room. I'd added a bushmaster brush guard and that's enough to send the message of I don't give a fuck. Only issue I've had was with a Prius douche break checking me on the freeway, I moved to about an inch off his bumper by the third time and he got the fuck over and let me pass. I can literally total someone small car and come away with some scuffed paint.

I drove a Passat before the truck and had problems with its terrible 2.0t in a heavy ass sedan, foot down for a quater mile just to pass someone in a v6 mustang, now my 6.2l just freight trains and away I go.

Make sure you have a big ass tow hook in your trailer hitch. It makes people REALLY think twice about tailgating.

Oh I do, bought a nice one off uhaul that's height adjustable. They will sometimes give you one for free when you rent a mid size trailer. It's the ol' radiator buster for idiots who tailgate me, most douches see it and back off since one break check from me can ruin their shit in one swift move.

>merging onto highway
>wew lad let's RIP IT
>shift up into 3rd but I'm already over the speed limit

pls give autobahn

>can literally total someone small car and come away with some scuffed paint.

my 2001 chevy blazer got rear ended, camry crumpled halfway to the firewall but we didn't even find a scuff to put down on the police report

In what country do people think a Sierra is a scary vehicle?

Everybody drives a brodozer around here. If one drives like an asshat I just assume he's a dick and drive like an asshat right back.

Regardless of what you may think, when push comes to shove, you won't risk having a focus under your chassis. Shits bad for business.

For real, my states average limit in a solid 60 almost everywhere. Catch myself doing 85 all the time and wish it wasn't massively illegal, just get lucky and don't get buttraped by the troopers. Last ticket was a 5 -10 over from a cool trooper who could have totally fucked my shit up, my NRA sticker was enough to strike up a convo and broforce the ticket down.

1. Model 3's are designed to be cost effective
2. The torque being put down is comparable to fullsize pickups
3. Fullsize pickups don't use cheap gearboxes.
4. Once again, there's no point. You're average Teslafag is buying this car as a grocery getter. Multi-speed gearboxes are not practical. Maybe if it was trying to compete on the drag strip or something.
5. The Tesla drivetrain is just a big ass electric motor between the front wheels. Come back after you find a way to fit a gearbox and differential in there

>muh rear whe...
just stop, RWD is the biggest meme on Veeky Forums

I'm in a "gentrified" area full of soccer moms in Mercedes & Lexus sedans, the most average cars here are hybrids like the Prius and those grose Honda Insights. I also see a ton of smart cars and minis driven by bearded men in whool caps with raybands on. Oh, and for some reason both of my neighbors have hyaundais, which I am now convinced only the mentally feeble buy, all disgusting. I've got my truck and a beat up ol' Jimmy that kinda runs when it wants to.

That's the kind of neighborhood to hoon a 71 monte carlo with a BBC swap

I know right. My buddy has a loud ass fox body with 4 inch exhaust and it drives my neighbors nuts when he rolls by just going 25mph.

He came over one afternoon to help me consume beer and eat chips while doing some maintenance in my driveway, my neighbors being passive aggressive fucks had called the police to report someone doing " burnouts" on our street. Cops came by after a while and started asking why he was revving so aggressively and causing a disturbance, we showed them his car and ran it for a minute to their delight and they told us to have a nice day.

Take every ticket to court no matter what.

They will, 99.99% of the time knock it to a no-point offense so you pay the township and your insurance company can fuck right off.

Also not all states have reciprocal agreements so tickets from some states are irrelevant in your home state kind of thing. Know your state laws!

I need to test this, damn thing was $185. Just glad the cops are still good ol boys for the most part and don't care as much as some. Now local metro will ruin you're day over a minor lane change or improper signal violation. All my recent tickets have come from metro police, last one was a cute little blonde lady cop so I was kinda okay with it, warning for excessive speed in a church zone.

I didn't even know the church zones had special rules, I used those signs to warn me of old people in Lincolns pulling into traffic.

What kind of car?
Your car may be rated to 160hp by the manufacturer, but shitty cars(brands) don't deliver 160hp.

Everyone and their grandmothers have that car. Or a camaro, or a mustang. I can drive to the dealer and get one too bro.

My car puts out about 170hp at about 6100rpm and 180 ft-lb of torque at 3200 rpm (2.8L 6 cylinder). I've never had an issue of not being able to keep up or overtake someone. In 5th gear I'm close peak torque at highway speeds so I can usually just put my foot down and go with out having to down shift.

>500hp
That's cute.
>Challenger
That's even cuter.

>owns fat challenger
>street demon
shiggy diggy doo

>tfw get on highway
>WOT
>25 over in 1st gear
fugg

>wot in 2nd
>engine uses 90% of its power to make noise
>10% go to the wheels

I hate people who can't get up to highway speeds before the ramp ends so they end up merging onto the highway at around 50mph, messing up the merge for everyone else. Get a car with an actual engine you retarded fucks.

>tfw 3rd gear does 140mph
>tfw top speed approaching 200mph
Motorcycles are based.

>guy behind me in the next lane slows to let me in
>slow down
>people start honking and going apeshit
what the fuck am i supposed to do stop dead at the end of the merging lane until the gap catches up with me

I'm just waiting to be rear ended by someone like you, maybe I'll see a pot hole or a bag fly across the road and slow down a bit. In the end, the accident is your fault and your insurance is paying :^)

God I got on Veeky Forums to try to get away from cuckposting

>on ramp
>car in front of me does 40 onto an 70mph highway

fucker

Kind of used to do this in my van. If someone wouldn't let me over when trying to switch lanes going onto the onramp, I just jammed my $800 beat up shitter van into the hole, and they always slowed down. I've seen pictures of a minivan slamming into the back of a pickup at 40 mph and the pickup having like a fucking dent in the back bumper. I'm pretty sure a pickup can take a rear ending from anything significantly smaller and get away with it.

I drive an F750 with a big ass wench on the back and still don't have this problem. Slam that pussy pedal down and let your engine roar.

That or get a more powerful vehicle. A fucking Crown Vic has like an 8-9 second 0-60 and has no problems on the freeway.

>tfw 365whp
>tfw car not pigfat
>tfw 3rd gear pull past cuckmobiles
>tfw when faster than most cars

No matter what there will always be someone faster. I try not to be an ass to people, unless I see them driving like one. Then they can't get pissy about me outdicking them

Well, if you can't overtake them, they're probably moving at a decent clip anyway, so no huge deal.

I with 250 HP in a 3500 lbs vehicle have been squeezed out by someone with 85 HP in a 6200 lbs vehicle

How?

Not enough space.

>blown motor

A car that can't move under its own power is fun?

Yeah well...
81 rabbit pickup 1.6l 49hp from the factory
Stock block and disintegrating head gasket i have everyone beat on the lowest hp rating

Pic related, the fastest my little truck has ever gone

Blown as in supercharged?

>Used to driving 20year old 75hp TarboDiesel
>Learned to overtake in said car
>No overtake was an issue

>Acquire 12 year old 100hp PD TDI
>Feels like a fuckin supercar
>Sticks you to seat when you gun it
>Having learned to overtake in old car, now can overtake literally anyone, unless they gun it as well.

I seen one of these in my town.

FUcking thing is stanced

>RWD is the biggest meme

Is that why road race cars are predominantly AWD? Oh wait! They're not! RWD gets better mileage, better power, and better handling characteristics so fuck you. AWD is only good for launching and retard lead-footed drivers.

t. Audi S2 quattro owner

>Overtaking on bike
>drop into second
>rip throttle
>dat fucking inertia trying to suck you off the seat
>dat fucking inertia making it hard as fuck to upshift
>dat fucking inertia when the fork misses the gear and you let the clutch out on the limiter banging away

>doing this when you're making 121 hp

>121hp
That's cute.

>RWD gets better mileage
no

>better power
no

>better handling characteristics
no

It's only still used because the motorsport world is packed tight with luddites.

NHRA just now approved the use of fuel injection. Shit has existed since the first diesel engine.

Why would you respond to a baitposter?