Things about cars you wouldn't tell anyone irl

If I saw a car with rota wheels with an engine and I had a fire extinguisher in my car, I wouldn't bother to get out and help put out the engine fire.

I wouldn't say this irl to anyone but it's true.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_dihydrogen_phosphate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_sulfate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rotas are great dude

I like twingos

pic related

I'd drive a nice, normal, and fairly new, and stock car instead of my rice burner if I wasn't poor as hell.

I only give way to Mazdas on the passing lane.

>Hating rotas when their forged aluminum wheels are lighter and cheaper than established manufacturers

If you think you have a nice car because its a BMW and it's anything less than a 325, you're a huge faggot.

also more of that fb slut

>Check out my 128i bro

>If I saw a car with rota wheels with an engine
Most cars have engines user.

If I saw the same car as mine on the road I would stop and suck its owner's dick in sign of appreciation.

No homo.

mfw you drive a corolla

Sometimes i stall my engine on purpose when I'm on the front of the stop light to piss people off.

>bruises on knees
hehehehe

>Things about cars you wouldn't tell anyone irl.

I can't think of anything.

I just sometimes have to hide my "mechanic" power level because all it does is lead to a long winded disagreement with no resolution and I have no time to stand around and argue about when I am sober

I save the rum talk for the rum shop.

This feel is the worst.

I keep a 15lb Halon in my car that's worth around $300.

Unless I see an exotic, or something rare on fire, I wouldn't bother to put it out.

I just walk away or redirect the conversation when they start spouting shit.

Though most of the guys I drink with are either, business owners, engineers (older professional lead/chief engineers, not sperging students or pencil pushers), high level technicians or ship crewmen.

I rarely run into that problem anymore.

I can't really change my engine to a 2jz because my parents are rebuilding my v8 and they probably are going to want me to stop going to the strip. .. Im going to end up hooking up that cursed bottle of nitro again because im a spoiled dumbfuck

Back to my old moniker

i hate shitbox bmws
eg: < 325i
i also hate diesel cars
i live in london and look down on people with 4x4 or jeeps
if someone has a dirty car, especially the interior, it reflects badly on them

Corolla GT that is senpai

I've rolled and totalled my CL type S drunk driving

No seat belt

All windows / sunroof open

One and a half rolls and landed upsidedown

Crawled out the window without a scratch

Smoking pot while cruising is my favorite thing to do and I do it every day I can. Multiple bees, tank of gas, pick a direction.

I ghost ride sometimes.

I have 3 non-running cars in my driveway not because I can't fix them, but because this is the first time my gf has done anything for herself or me in the past year. She bought a pos because I know how to fix cars and she doesn't value my time, she thinks just because I know how to she can buy a shit car and make me do all the work. Been on vaca for 2 months now. Feels good.

Gotten to the point where I just work on my project car that's going to take years of work instead of putting a timing chain in hers, because I just don't care anymore.

I want a street bike, but I'm more afraid of being paste than my desire to ride.

wtf man?

get a dry powder

audi owners are sheep

bmw owners are dilluded

all super car collectors are old money

most everyone associated with o is a child

i think people who are biased towards manuals are stupid as shit

people who dont speed and arnt cool with speeding are not real auto enthusiests

>dilluded

I don't think you're allowed to call anyone stupid.

Manuals are by far the best driving experience. Some modern automatics are faster, but unless it's a dedicated track car, it should always be a manual.

>people who dont speed and arnt cool with speeding are not real auto enthusiests

Needlessly endangering your investments, other people on the road, and your prized possessions is fuckin stupid.

But then engaging in cuckholdry and watching another man impregnate your wife is stupid and retarded but then you engage in that so you are no better

>thinking speed limits have anything to do with a safe rate of travel.

Its all about the road characteristics, lanes,level of population,number of access points that determines a speed limit.

Associating the speed limit with a safe rate of travel is a mistake.

>yfw speed limit 45 on open gravel corners aaaah yea
>driving as close to the limit as one should on a road and not even ten over.

Your GF sounds like a cunt but you sound like an autist.

I just have the means to not work when I don't want to, and don't like being taken advantage of. I'm proving to an ingrate that I can be stubborn too.

I don't know what autism has to do with it other then being a cool newish buzzword for Veeky Forums, much like cuck or cockold.

LOOOOOOOL
you're a huge faggot too
>ftfy anything less than x35

>smoking pot WHILE DRIVING
>ghost riding (seriously, is this 2008?)
>being this Baby Boomer and keeping MULTIPLE non-running cars around like a fucking redneck
>that level of passive-aggressiveness when you could man up and talk it over with your GF
Frankly, I'm disgusted.

Guess much?

>I'm a gigantic prickface

I'm willing to bet most people already know this about you.

I find cuck to be one of the more funny buzzwords.

A guy can come out with a well cited and undeniably understandable argument that even detractors have to consider his point and there is always one person out there who has to call him a

>KEK
>U
>C
>K

I don't know all that much about cars offhand. I'm just competent enough to find whatever problem I need fixed in old abandoned car forum threads and piece together solutions as I need to because I'm stubborn as fuck and hate paying people to work on my things.

I'm afraid to go to car meets because of this. My shop talk doesn't go much farther than "I wanna do thing because it's cool and fun".

lol, i rather let my car burn to the ground than cleanup the mess after a dry powered fire extinguisher.

You're supposed to use a halon/halotron for cars.

I once fucked a fat chick in the back of her Mitsubishi Mirage. It's surprisingly roomy.

>he doesn't use CO2

The halon was free, and does not cause damage.

I got two CO2 at home

Benefit of working at a business that's closing is that they let you take the fire extinguishers home without knowing what they cost.

What's wrong with them? They're light, cheap and good on gas.

>implying rotas are good
>ever
Go kill yourself somewhere else.

Are you contrarian for the sake of it or just a tasteless faggot?

If everyone else is speeding, even the right lane, you are a road hazard for trying to go the limit unless you snake your way backwards to the very end of the que.

Speed does not precipitate an accident. A difference in speed and direction between two objects does. The number of objects you could possibly crash into does. The amount of traction you can maintain in the current weather on the current surface does. Basically, everything but the speed limit. Ideally, the speed limit is determined by those, but in murrika it's completely arbitrary and decided upon by hysterical "moms for safety" and old men who get chauffered instead of civil engineers.

>60 on the highway, every time. it's just how we do it.
>it's a highway with multiple four way intersections with stop signs instead of lights, no entrance ramps, just intersectiobs
>did I not say 60? it's how we do it
>this deserted highway? 60
>oh wait here's a four lane highly populated highway with multiple pullouts for homes and business that were built along it let's go 75 here

>get a dry powder

You should be more accurate because "dry powder" and "dry chemical" handheld fire extinguishers both exist but are for different purposes. Instead of "dry powder" you actually meant the "dry chemical" handheld fire extinguishers commonly sold in consumer hardware, supermarket, and warehouse shopping club stores. The "dry powder" extinguishers are not for typical consumer use.

Dry chem extinguishers leave a terrific mess in cars. They are mostly mono-ammonium phosphate and some ammonium sulfate. It puts the fire out by melting and coating the burning area and smothering it. Yes, that is messy.

Mono-ammonium phosphate:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_dihydrogen_phosphate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_sulfate

Both chemicals are corrosive so don't get it in your alternator, control boxes, wires, or connectors. You'll have to clean them immediately. In the engine compartment, heat continues cooking that powder on your wires, connectors, and other surfaces.

I bought a Halon extinguisher long ago and it still has pressure (thank you mr halon). They used to be cheap (it was only about 1.75x the price of dry chem), but are now super expensive. The high price is probably due to a combination of lack of volume sales and opportunistic pricing since those that need halon will need it badly as there really is no good substitute that doesn't harm the location or gear you are trying to protect.

>A guy can come out with a well cited and undeniably understandable argument that even detractors have to consider his point and there is always one person out there who has to call him a
>kek, cuck, or autist

In high school, the kids use the derogatory term "know it alls" especially if they are the top students. It was always okay to vandalize a know-it-all's locker or property.

who is that bruised knee semen demon

cars have progressed so much just in the last decade and we're working with speed limits sometimes set 50+years ago.
however, speed matters in terms of reaction times.

>Jumping in the bandwagon even though you might as well ride the bus with how little you know

>get a dry powder
The 1990's were really the last years that a powder type fire extinguisher could be used under a car hood. Today's cars are almost rolling computers with as many as 30 microprocessor chips in some of them. Halotron is the latest of the "halon" type extinguishers and is what you use for car fires now.

Powder extinguishers are what you use to put out a picnic fire that accidentally started to spread because you didn't clear a wide enough space around the campfire.

Nah know it alls are of a different category. A know it all can and is often completely fucking wrong.

We call them "fucking know it all" and they are often from South Africa.

About a month ago I was driving back home from my parents house and as I crested a hill this dude was stopped on the shoulder with white and gray smoke billowing from his 80's Caddy engine bay going across the road. People had pulled over a distance behind him, but I said fug dat, you're on your own bro and drove right by him through the big thick cloud of vacuum hose smoke as did the group of bikers behind me. I don't have a fire extinguisher, but I doubt I would of stopped anyway because it seemed like a lost cause.

People who drive lifted trucks are all huge homos and nothing anyone says can convince me otherwise.

Neither.

Might have something to do with the fact some cars from 50+ years ago are still on the road

That's pretty normal. The ability to search for symptoms and find the problem and how to fix it online is actually a lot higher than what most people can do.

This should be illegal.

Only cars 10 years or newer should be allowed on public roads.

Really only automated cars should be allowed but we aren't there yet...

Humans make mistakes, that doesn't mean whoever makes a mistake deserves to die. The transportation system should be designed so those mistakes aren't fatal.

For example, the human tolerance for a pedestrian hit by a well-designed car is approximately 30 km/h. The fatality chance goes up exponentially with speed. Therefore the speed limit on a road with ANY possibility of impact between pedestrians and cars should not exceed 30 km/h (20 mph).

>ride around in first gear loud as fuck 1-3k from redline in slow traffic because im too lazy to shift to second and then eventually back to first

Finally, someone who knows their shit.

I used to cary a Halon in the back of my car, it wasnt secured, and one day the top came loose, and it lost almost all its pressure before I was able to close it tight enough.
Kinda sucked cause it was a 10lb Halon that costs like $250 or so. Tried to get it refilled, or salvaged what was left inside, but it was just cheaper to get a Halotron

Replaced it with a 5lb Halotron that I paid $100 for.