I'm thinking about getting rid of my 07 Monte SS and getting a fully loaded 2014 Fiesta ST in black...

I'm thinking about getting rid of my 07 Monte SS and getting a fully loaded 2014 Fiesta ST in black, 15k miles on it and a 100k/6 year powertrain warranty for $17000 after taxes.

Should I do it?

yes

Only downsides are I've only driven a manual once and where I live traffic is almost always stop and go.

Not having to worry about that with auto is nice, but when I go on fun runs I end up changing gears myself since the shifts are drawn out.

>drive auto
>b-but I shift the gears anyway.

And this is how you destroy an auto tranny

The fiesta looks like a fat girls car

Go for it

get the focus st instead, more room inside and it's more powerful with an independent rear suspension. it msrp's for around 21k

Don't care, already rebuilt it with a performance kit to let me do just that.

>mfw sacfag
>remember wanting to go to this meet
>didn't go because it was raining and I'm a huge pussy
>told myself I would go to next sacfag meet
>tfw there hasn't been a sacfag meet since, only Bay Area

from a junk
>auto C4
to a
>auto w body
to a
>2014 fiesta
You are just full of bad decisions

Hey, the Monte has had pretty much 0 problems in 2 years except a bad thermostat. The tranny upgrade was a choice I made for fun.

Sounds like a good deal, although not my favourite colour on it.

The FiST is better handling than the FoST. It is the better drivers car, go for it. Watch your brake pads, the weird simulated differential eats them up under prolonged hard driving.

>spending $17k (SEVENTEEN FUCKING THOUSAND) on a 2-year-old Ford Fiesta
>spending extra money for a warranty that probably won't even pay out anyway

I heard there's limited slip kits out there for the FiST. I'm assuming once you install one of those, somehow this brake vectoring crap will stop happening?

Well it would probably still operate slightly, but the LSD would quell the majority of its action since you wouldn't be working the inside tire so hard under acceleration. The only way to fully defeat it is pulling the ABS fuse.

They're only cheaper around here if you buy private and I don't for anything over 10 grand. Besides, the warranty will last years after I pay off the car. It's actually 10 year/100k miles.

I want a FiST, they look absolutely fun as shit and always get positive reviews for driving experience.

Has it been modified? Tuned? Drivin hard or improperly during the break-in period?

idk the fiesta felt really small when I test drove one.

Subjective as fuck

Compared to what? A Toyota land cruiser? Ya it's gonna feel small after sitting in a small house that just happens to also have 4 wheels on it.

Compared to a Yaris I imagine it to be a quite comfy fit.

That's the point?

You can buy something better than the FiST for $17k OP, come the fuck on

>a subcompact felt small

Alert the presses.

For $17k you can get
>Infiniti G37
>Ford Mustang
>Chevy Camaro
>Hyundai Genesis 3.8 coupe
>Volvo C30 R-Design
>Mazdaspeed3

Literally any of these are better buys than a FiST

>>Infiniti G37
>>Ford Mustang
>>Chevy Camaro

All considerably more boring than a Fiesta ST.

You're shitting me,right? You'd look like more of a cuck driving your sub-compact "sports hatch" than either of those cars, but if you insist on having FWD,the MS3 and the C30 are better choices than a FiST

MS3 it up then, pussy. I cannot overstate how much fun those cars are, especially with a good tune. Don't fear the torque steer, but above all please don't fall for this shitty fiesta meme

Shieeett, a post 08 Cobalt SS is going to be funner to drive than a FiST

Nope, dead serious.

I like MS3, but I like the Fiesta ST too. If I was in the market for a new car I would probably still lean a little for the Fiesta, but I would want to try both.

>Nope, dead serious

Then you're retarded, go buy your cuckmobile

lol mazda shills never give up on this board.

>Mazda shills
I recommended more than the MS3 dumbass

>anyone that doesn't have my exact opinion on a fun little hobby is retarded!

It's not that serious m8

>listing the ms3 before the c30

Can't fool me mazdacuck.

How much do people pay for insurance on FiSTs and FoSTs?

about a cuck's ransom

>Only downsides are I've only driven a manual once and where I live traffic is almost always stop and go.

Stop being such a pansy.

It's a 2014 gearbox, it's not gonna break your arm or wear out your leg.

If you're sitting long enough for you clutch leg to get tired you should be putting into neutral.

We daily manuals in stop & go city traffic in Europe everyday and we manage somehow.

Get a C30 R-Design for that kind of cash. Fuck man...

I pay around 450 every 6 months on my Fiesta ST.

If you want it, you should do it. It's a good car and should treat you right.

I would not recommend the extended warranty if you plan on modifying the car.

You can usually get a base new one for about the same price as a used one.

Fucking this

73usd/mo comp and uninsured motorist

>warranty
1 qt oil loss per 500 miles meets acceptable rate. Warranty = shit.

Yeah, definitely; the ST is actually pretty quick and one of the best handling FF modern hatchbacks. It was slightly torquesteery though when I drove it, but to be expected for the power.
...Just sucks it can only lift oversteer and you have to really pull the wheel and throttle on turns, and powerslide to slowdown when having fun sliding; like all FF...it cannot drift.

The warranty comes with it.

Have you looked at new ones at all? There's not a ton of incentive to buy used since the prices are fairly close depending on your location (anywhere but Canada mostly).