Vintage Cars Thread

Because there hasn't been one in a while.

Too much focus on cars that are fairly modern, usually only going back to the 1980s and classic cars dating from the late 1960s. Never any pre-war cars or immediate post-war cars. Let's change that.

1880s-1950s cars welcome.

The original compensator

1950s was the peak of automotive industry

/pebble beach/

never seen this in colour

It's been colourized. I don't know if the person that did that stayed faithful to the original colour

>12.7 liter straight eight that was scaled down from a 15 liter
>engine alone was as long as a GSX-R 1000 and taller then an Autozam AZ1
>car weighed as much as a Veyron with a 300ZX Z31 Turbo strapped to the roof
>was somehow comparable to the smaller Bugatti sports cars in speed and handling, but thats probably because every car was a deathtrap back then

I wanted to listen to that thing rev up but there isnt a single video with the engine noise

I think at this point even putting the key into one of those machines erases a thousand bucks off the value for the minute amount of metal that got shaved off the lock pins. Actually starting it up would give the owner a heart attack.

Say what you want about Jay Leno, at least he takes these kind of cars out on public roads, lane splitting and whatnot.

>no traction avant
I am of disappointment Veeky Forums.

Pix from Mercedes museum last weekend incoming, starting with the true classic.

Definitely worth a visit if you're anywhere near Stuttgart. There's a ton to see and even people who don't enjoy cars will find the design and story interesting.

Yeah Yeah. Get to the Hitler cars

antique cars are neat

holy shit is that the blitzen benz?

Saw this the other day.

I always thought that this car would make good in a noir movie
>Bitches about how no one posted a car
>doesn't post a pic with said car

looks like a replica

Couldn't tell.

Yeah in the background, unfortunately didn't get a full image of it.

usually you wouldn't drive an unpainted car. looks quality though.

[spoiler]A runabout[/spoiler]

Here's my restoration project. 48 Ford F6 I haven't done much to her but I have big and expensive plans. It belonged to my great uncle who bought it 30 years ago out of nostalgia. I won't lie, I want very badly to hotrod it a bit. But it'll still be a 12 foot flatbed.

Don't steal it.

Somewhat related, anybody ever play LA Noire?

Can't think of any other game that has a diverse and detailed roster of vintage cars much less one that lets you drift a Duesenberg or VMax a Delahaye.

Played some and made it to Arson recently. It's a shame there's not more games set in that era

>lane splitting

I love that he drives his cars on the regular, but watching him drive is hilarious. Drifting in and out of lanes, keeping his blinkers on, not even using them at all. I don't know how he hasn't wrecked anything yet.

There is an old ass movie with this one in it

> fiberglass intensifies