/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 10th:
955 – Battle of Lechfeld: Otto I, Holy Roman Emperor defeats the Magyars, ending 50 years of Magyar invasion of the West.
991 – Battle of Maldon: The English, led by Byrhtnoth, Ealdorman of Essex, are defeated by a band of inland-raiding Vikings near Maldon, Essex.
1944 – World War II: The Battle of Narva ends with a combined German–Estonian force successfully defending Narva, Estonia, from invading Soviet troops.

>News
EU4 DD04/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-4th-of-august-2016.961146/

CK2 DD 18: Optimization and Modding
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-18-optimization-and-modding.962057/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!LJpT1bBB!F8HKTwiZSCdMPzArQRNmqXI-N9Q86zQnIpdpCizc9Xg

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w
dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
youtube.com/watch?v=YLYH6ZOlXTI
popdemandmod.wikia.com/wiki/Countries
youtube.com/watch?v=l3si8jkva_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based Meneth.

Thanks OP for posting link to my CK2 music mod. I got a new update Im gonna post in the thread in 30 minutes (I swear Ill stop afterwards). There was 3 broken songs that were Turkish playing for the Latins, I dont know how I fucked that up.

based Cobra

Reapers due when.

august 25th

>Germans didn't call the HRE that?
No. Usually just called it the Empire or the Deutscher Nation or whatever IIRC, for much of history.

August 25 when?

Why haven't you joined /gsg/mp friend?

for most of it's history the empire didn't have a formal name, it was just the land of the holy roman emperor that would eventually be called the holy roman empire
after the peace of westphalia the name "Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation" was established

Based Kojak. Where were you when we were getting raided

>havent played /gsg/ for quite a while
>stellaris made me sad, HOI Iv is fun but empty, waiting for mods

Will reapers game rule set and optimization make me want to play CK2 again or am i hyped for no reason

is it compatible with HIP? Also the link in the OP doesn't work

What I want is a good mod to replace HIP.

>replace HIP
But why would you want to do that?

Yes because I removed that version. As I said there were some broken songs that played for the WRONG cultures resulting in very awkward situations.

I'll link the new version in about 20 minutes, it is fixed and it is the last verion/update for a long while as I've fixed everything. And to answer your question, it works 100% with HIP (I made it with HIP). Assuming you mean the SWMH module

HIP is pretty bad. Meneth doesn't do shit anymore, VIET was always shit and SWMH is also shit.

As long as MP is dead, my soul will haunt this place.

I dont want to replace HIP, it gets rid of india and gives me a pretty map. I just want to play past 2.45 without shattered retreat and the gay diplomacy options

Hi meneth

Go back to zumba fag

Shattered retreat is not a HIP mechanic, that is a Paracuck Intercucktive 'feature'

>SWMH is also shit
Completely untrue, and the guy that replaced Meneth is doing as little as possible while keeping it updated, cant criticize that.

I realize that but the new patch lets you turn it off in game rules

SWMH map is fucking shit and nonsensical. You have Libya and the sahara full of habitable provinces while Sinai, Arabia and Iran have random wastelands.
CK2+ also gets rid of India without adding the unnecessary shit SWMH does.

Yes it is. SWMH map is shit and the whole localized names is just the cherry on the shitcake top.
SWMH lacks any fucking direction and it's aesthetically awful.

You don't have to install the localization, you can choose not to install it in the module selection .bat. Besides, the SWMH map is 100000000 times better than the vanilla.

uh lads.... you know there's set up options that let you turn those things off......

Meneth literally said in this thread a while back that the sahara had so many provinces so his mod would "stand out"

>the whole localized names is just the cherry on the shitcake top
You can disable that with the SED ("Speak English, Damn It!") submod that's included in the SWMH installation.

It still uses translated names.

The SWMH map is not better than vanilla.
>random wastelands
>sahara full of provinces
It lack any coherence.

:^^^^^^)

who the fucc remember?

>focusing on irrelevant wastelands
>ignoring the vast improvements in places that actually matter

The irrelevant wastelands is just to show that it lacks coherence or direction. Is not like I can turn them off and have the map stop looking disgusting.

You remove india but add all its bloat back by adding useless provinces in the sahara.

>in this thread a while back
Meneth didn't post in this thread with his trip ever since July 2015.

Post /gsg/ relevant wallpapers

What is this, Grunwald?

Why does German Empire become Germany? Is there a way to switch back?

Gigau's planned map for central Germany

Do phone wallpapers count?

Yeah why not

Yeah it says something like "Grunwald battle 15 (June?) 1410 AD"

f

>>[CK2] user's music galore mod for CK2
Link: mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

This is the last update for my mod for a while. I have fixed all typos, all the music playing wrongly and the mod is in a pretty much complete state. The only thing is to add more music, which I have no plans of at the moment. I will answer a few questions below because I'm leaving the thread in a few minutes.

Q: Does it work with HIP/SWMH?
A: Yes, it is made with HIP/SWMH

Q: Does that mean it doesn't work with vanilla?
A: No, it will work with vanilla aswell

Q: Does it work with GOT, TES mods
A: No

Q: How does the music work?
A: It plays depending on your culture group/or culture, and your religion group/or religion

For more details there's a readme. Enjoy and please if you can put it in the OP, I put 4 years in this.

JUST

>[V2] - Make Liquor Great Again for HPM 0.3.5.5 by Liquorlad*°
>This minimod reverts liquor production, consumption, and price values back to vanilla.
dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01*°
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.5*°
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5°
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2°
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin*°
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

* The R&I may sperg out if you download this
° Talex and his Grandi Youth may harass you if you download this

Remember that the R&I reports all posts made by or about unHPM and is prone to delete entire discussions on it because he's a petty cunt, so if you want to report bugs or suggest something, contact the mod maker at Steam.

based

What's the brown in Armenia and Assyria?

Is August Storm for HOI4 broken now?

I've been trying to fix this shitty game with some mods, and my own personal tweaks, and I've managed to get the awful AS World tension somewhat fixed, and make the war in China slightly longer.

But now the Netherlands and Belgium are having peace treaties with Germany upon capitulation.

Is there a setting somewhere in the defines that's causing that or are the wars not merging properly?

Is this game cursed, is there some form of Jewish magic preventing me from enjoying this game?

Kurdistan

fucking kurds

Beautiful. When will Kurds and Finns unite to set the world to rights?

any good eu 3 mod?

whoa, time flies, I specificlly asked him that last time he was here
Meneth, are you here now?

Can somebody get me that elder scrolls mod from paradox forum ? Please.

Pleb question but none of the DLC for HoI4 is working for me even though its in the DLC folder, am I missing something?

Toggle the DLC in the launcher on and off, that worked for me.

Its not even appearing for me in the launcher, it just says no available DLC

Nevermind fixed it, had to put in the .api files in the main folder

derp

There's a sabaton dlc already? What the fuck I didn't even know that they released any dlc yet

Thats all the DLC from the mega link in the OP

Is there any game soundtrack that goes better with CK2 than The Witcher 3's?

youtube.com/watch?v=YLYH6ZOlXTI

'bout tree fiddy

Hey.

Playing HPM and I wonder what is the country TAG for Sichuan. It's one of the cliques that appear during the warlord even.

Thanks!

look in the files

SZC, most HPM added countries are from PDM so when you have a question like this check: popdemandmod.wikia.com/wiki/Countries

Thank you!

My father who was the first to convert to Catholicism, and whom Christianized almost all of Pommerania/Wendland was just made a Saint by the Pope after his death. This is cool af.

Can I disembark on uncolonized land in vic2?

How the hell does it fit CK2?
This on the other hand...
youtube.com/watch?v=l3si8jkva_U

>he never plays anything but Byz or memeviking blob

If I want to roll democratic in Spain, what side do I support?

That's HIP right?

>implying I'm playing anything but Kingdom of God
Fucking heathens, I swear

Does anyone know how to bypass the HIP DLC check? It's not finding the portrait DLC, and I want the installer to just ignore the check, or install manually.

Yeah with SWMH, Arko COA, Lindbrook's Textures, VIET Events and SED

You're missing the South Indian protraits or something like that, you can get it for free from the Paracuck Plaza. But it wont work if you pirated CK2

this
a kind user uploaded it a few months ago but it's been taken down since

Is /r/paradoxplaza the final redpill?

Can anyone upload just the DLC's for HOI4?

I don't think there really is any, unless you didn't get the rocket launcher unit pack.

can someone PLEASE explain to me why booze is so popular here?

hoi4 crack anywhere?

Yes. Everyone who is "redpilled" will eventually descend into madness and go full circle, just like Memeth.

It's in the DLC in the archive.

What does observe in HOI4 actually break now? Is it just the country you''re observing or all of the AI?

There's the Sabaton pack, but it's pretty mediocre.

You're only observing the country, you can turn off fog of war, if you want to see the entire world.

Do EU4 achievements still work with pirate Jewlc? Paradox patched them out once and I haven't tried since.

Yeah they do, but it will show up on your Steam account if that's what you're using, so there's a very small chance that some Valve Police will catch you.

>Play as the UK
>keep sinking German and Italian troop convoys in the Channel
>beat germany in 42' without US help
>beat USSR in 45'
Ebin

How did the chin get bred out of the English phenotype?

This really made me think

HOI4 sucks, nothing feels like an accomplishment because nothing is historically accurate or plausible.

Beating China in 1938 isn't an accomplishment, Sealion in 1936 isn't an amazing feat.

Everything is so fucking bland.

interbreeding between Germanic peoples and Celts, and then inbreeding.

So did this

What should have been a GOAT combo ruined by island incest. baka

The middle one looks so retarded.

PLAUSIBLE WORLDS GOYIM
this