What the fuck

Can someone please explain... Why TPG:ASX DROPPED 20 percent today just after they released their financial report with great positive results... I can't find any news or figure out how it has some how lost 20 percent after this good news and what the fuck are the point of announcements when you don't get a chance to buy or sell shares before the market opens to take advantage of the knowledge/research... Anyway I'm just very curious as to why I've lost 1000 today and if there is worse to come and the reason behind it falling this amount .... FML

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_goat
fool.com.au/2016/09/20/crash-why-the-tpg-telecom-ltd-share-price-is-cratering-today/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The market is rigged.

That sucks, man.
TPG is a great ISP.
Telstra also went down so maybe it's related.

Also I'm not angry I just very confused all I can ever find is good news on the company and never any bad information or news or any reason as to why they fell 20 percent today after releasing their good financial report I thought it would have went up in price if anything... And the only news I can find is through Google finance and it's all positive. I just want a reason as to why this has happened so I can learn from it in the future when I go to invest again.
Thanks my friends :)

Three letters.

NBN funding

>just after they released their financial report with great positive results... I can't find any news or figure out how it has some how lost 20 percent after this good news

Falling for that fundamental analysis meme.

It wouldnt be the first time the dealers distribute their line that they accumulated loong ago right into the hands of the street money when they start rushing in after good news.
They need someone to take the other side of their trade. Everytime someone buys someone sells, and everytime someone sells someone buys. The market makers need someone to distribute their line to, someone needs to buy it from them.
So they lead the dumb money in like the judas goat[1] leads the sheep into the slaughterhouse.

This same thing repeatedly happens over and over again on every timeframe.

1: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_goat
>A Judas goat is a trained goat used in general animal herding. The Judas goat is trained to associate with sheep or cattle, leading them to a specific destination. In stockyards, a Judas goat will lead sheep to slaughter, while its own life is spared.

Who knows. The volatiliry index was up 20%, most stocks are down today and problems yesterday so you might be lucky and it's just a short term thing

>all I can ever find is good news on the company and never any bad information or news or any reason as to why they fell 20 percent today after releasing their good financial report I thought it would have went up in price if anything... And the only news I can find is through Google finance and it's all positive.

When good positive news is at a extreme, or there is extreme euphoria, that's usually when you should be heading for the exits.
What did the end of every bull market have in common? That same extreme positive euphoria.
"to the moon"
Consider the front cover of the book in pic related, when was that book published? 1999 right before the crash.

fool.com.au/2016/09/20/crash-why-the-tpg-telecom-ltd-share-price-is-cratering-today/

Read this Good earnings are no guarantee of profit. In many cases, it's the opposite.
And if you can't get access during the after hours when earnings are announced, you either need more on deposit so they'll give it to you, or a new broker.

Should've bought RAP

(I sold at 41.5 like an IDIOT)

icann?

So if good news means people sell and you should be selling your stock, and bad news means nobody wants the stock. When the fuck are you suppose to invest?

>So if good news means people sell and you should be selling your stock, and bad news means nobody wants the stock. When the fuck are you suppose to invest?
If it's a good company and you're reasonably certain they will recover from the bad news, the best time to invest is on bad news.

Or as a (very) rich jew once said, "The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets."

Don't sell your TPG holding.

Think if your first parcel as the initial purchase of a much larger long term holding. Use these opportunities like today, when the share price dips significantly, to 'top up'.

The company's price today doesn't matter. It's price in December doesn't matter. The price that matters is the one in three/six/ten years' time.

this When are the institutions accumulating their line?

When the institutions are buying, who are they buying it from / who is selling it to them? The street money anxious and desperate to get out of their position(because they cant take the pain anymore or they get a margincall) by selling it at market for a big loss.
After prices has declined significantly enough that all of the dumb money has panic sold, and the institutions where more than happy to buy it from, them then the prices stop their free fall and begin to form a accumulation pattern.
That is a area of sideways congestion which it seems nothing is happening the price action is soo booring that the dumb money doesnt pay any attention.
Then after the institutions have accumulated their positions, the market makers begin to reprice and mark price up in order to entice the interests of new buyers.
These new buyers see price breaking out of the sideways congestion and into a new uptrend.
When they buy who is going to sell it to them? The institutions who are looking to take profit because they bought long ago during the beginning of the accumulation phase. And the dumb money is all too happy to buy it from the institutions because they want to chase the price up higher as its rising rapidly in a bullish uptrend.
As the uptrend goes higher more and more of the dumber money jumps on and buys, who is selling it to them? The smart money is in order to accumulate their short positions.
Once the institutions have accumulated their short positions, and price finally climaxes, then the market makers rapidly reprice to the downside where the dumb money cant take anymore pain and panic sell for a big loss.
And the cycle repeats.

I read the announcement 2 hours before the market opened for trading, even if it was negative news and they hadn't made profit then I still wouldn't have had the chance to sell at the position it last closed at because I can only sell my shares when the market opens again and when it opened it open at 20 percent less than what I bought in at. so how can I take advantage of announcements before the market opens for trading when it is released on the day of trading?

also I read the financial report it's clear they made profit this year it would be illegal to say otherwise and trick investors with false information. I don't mind today that I have so far lost 1200 dollars but I just want a answer as to why this has happened and what caused it. Cause all I can see is a solid financial report and nothing but good speculation on the company opening a network sector in Singapore and trying to grow their mobile division. I just abit confused if anyone has answers so I can look out for possible mistake in future would help me out greatly.

also I understand but if it was just all bad news the company would never progress in price investors would just not buy it. Still doesn't explain the out of no where 20 percent drop. I usually invest when a stock is down which is why I invested at 11.90 when it was recently sitting in the 12.30+ I thought it was a great position till they started their operations in October and to see most likely positive results on their financial report then this shit happens for what seems like no reason?
I wouldn't have a problem reinvesting more money into the position it is at now but I still want to know why it had dropped 20 percent within a day especially on the day they had released their positive financial report.
I know this report isn't the only thing that moves the price but like I've said too many times I just want to know what else has made this price drop. I usually buy the dips especially when I know the company has good plans for the future but this took my by surprise it's pretty much the only stock on my watchlist that had dropped 20 percent today so it's kind of frustrating I somehow chose to invest in this when I am keeping track of 10 other stocks but still have no answers

It's possible that the drop is for reasons that are not logical or rational

are you suggesting someone sold millions of dollars worth of TPG shares? even if that is the case why would that person sell if they had millions of dollars in TPG knowing where they are heading in the near future.
I dunno, I've lost 1200 I haven't sold yet and probably wont till it goes back up but I want to learn a lesson from this and take something good out of the situation so I'm not shitty when I open my app and see that fucked -1200 red text chillen on my portfolio.
thanks for everyone help though so far

What Im saying is the participants in the marketplace can do things that are completely irrational and illogical in regards to the marketplace. Like this example, someone donates stock to a charity for a tax writeoff(it doesnt have any rational relationship to the stock) and the person working for the charity has been put in charge of managing selling this charity's stock position for tax reasons but is so completely clueless doesnt even understand the liquidity implications of clicking sell market for such a large position or how they could be spotted a mile away on the tape and in the orderbook and be taken advantage of if selling with such a predictable pattern at every 15 minutes.
Such decision making is soo extremely far removed from any fundamental or technical analysis of the stock.

ANNOUNCEMENTS MEAN FUCK ALL. Actions speal louder than words. If they issue debt, it means that the stock is overpriced causing the stock price to drop. If they issue equity it means that equity is underpriced and stock value will rise

Can't say I know the hours the ASX keeps, but in the US, markets are open for trading a full hour and a half before the regular session starts. Not everyone has access to this, however.
Also, there are brokerages that will allow trading even outside of that time frame.
The upshot is that the more casual of a participant you are (a 9 to 5 doing something else, not a five or six figure account, etc.), the less access you will be granted. Buy and hold investors won't worry about any of this, but those trying to trade will, as not having it means missing opportunities to get in or out.

sort of got the idea that they don't mean shit more just a warning to investors to prepare for a ass fuck or journey to the moon... but how is it that people take advantage of this news?

I see people trading low/high amounts on my westpac app before the market even opens but I've tried to place a order before and it just never sells even though there is plenty volume. is there a better app to use for australia where you don't have to pay 40 dollars every time you complete a trade?

>I see people trading low/high amounts on my westpac app before the market even opens but I've tried to place a order before and
It's probably because your broke won't allow it.
Lots of them won't even allow after hours/pre market trading because they consider it too risky for their clients.
Outside of those time frames, it's even more so.

As far as commissions go, it's directly related to your account size. So if you don't have shit, prepare to pay a bit. To your brokerage, your only worth the money they can make from you.

Also to add to that, Dividends are 1.2% yeild, which is lower than the current cash rate of 1.5% and the 10 year bond yeild of 1.29%, so for any dividend driven investor the company does not have alot of value.

CommSec charges $19.99 per trade under $20,000 when you have a linked CDIA bank account (free) and $29.99 for >$20,000 and if you make 8 trades in a month the rest are free until the end of the month.

I think NAB has $14.99 trades for under $5000 or something too.

I've had a 27.8 percent loss over 3 days, I'm not even upset for some reason I'm going to hold, can someone give me some insight of when they think TPG will go back up to its normal price?

If you actually want to know, just google TPG profit guidance.
Share prices only change on new information; financial statements just confirm expectations.