and obviously with a huge ass front + side damage lol

I thought all of these were gone already, interesting

>316i

>1.6l displacement

debating if I wanna get this or not desu
>that body kit

looks like it is melting

looks like the user from the last thread didn't pick it up

having a running shitbox s-class and throwing it away once something expensive breaks would be kinda cool I guess

>181 Euros

Jesus shitboxes in Europe are cheap

surprisingly nice inside

>Jesus shitboxes in Europe are cheap

but then you have to pay at least 2000 euros to get your driver license which also takes several months to complete.

>tfw in the process of doing exactly this right now

good luck.
I was in the process of doing it, then went out of money and years later I still don't have it because rent is sucking out all the money and public transport is perfectly sufficient for work and all other things (so a car would be pure luxury).

shit still fucking sucks tho.

Yeah, that really does suck. I hate how it seems governments are doing everything in their power to systematically murder car culture.

I want to see it stanced

well a car is pretty much an icon for freedom

The real cost is insurance and road tax, not getting babby's first B license

>Runs and drives fine
>Shock absorbers just filled with fresh olive oil.
>needs new battery but starts quickly with starting handle
>one family owners since new til 1998
>23 Arab owners since 1999

Noice

>starts quickly with starting handle
Offtopic but I want cranking handles for cars to make some sort of a comeback. Maybe some kind of front mounted kickstarter with which you crank up a huge spring, then get inside and push a button to discharge the spring force and start the engine.

>hassoun automobile
Turkroachcar
Staay as far away from it aas possible

Rear suspension needs to be changed, already an expensive job

i live in north/east europe, my license costed me approx 300 euros and it took me 3 months
also i insure 3 cars (BMW 730, Merc E class, BMW 325) for 400 euros per year all together

>turks
>not taking care of something like an S-Class
I bet you five lira that the owner had some shady as fuck kebab mechanic who was his third uncles' godsons' brothers' nephew and if that guy whould have fucked with him the entire family would have torn him new assholes

Yes, bring back 70's 80's vanning culture!

For real tho it would be really cool

Official taxi color. Is it even available for private buyers?

Are you in Latvia? Pretty much the same thing here.
Yes, but you need to pass the inspection to drive on the road. Which you won't be doing in such a cheap car.

>implying not about 95% of all used car dealers belong to that group of people

ESPECIALLY if you want to buy a shitbox Mercedes. You pretty much have no choice in that case.

>Official taxi color.

Like in so many other cases Germoney also gave up this tradition.

Most taxis now look like this (or silver).
The taxi color isn't mandatory anymore and if they do have that color it's because some taxi drivers enjoy keeping up the tradition but most want to rather keep the resell value up and keep it black or silver.

the awesomeness of those XMs knows no bounds.
I wish citroen would get back to that sharp edged wedge/dagger design.

oh and with factory air suspension like back then of course.

>tfw hydropneumatics are kill
I still don't get why they don't use hydropneumatic suspension for the entire DS sub-brand. It was the biggest, most unique selling point of that line's namesake, after all.

probably like always - people are ignorant as fuck and buy bland shit anyway with lower production costs.

if you ask the average normie about hydropneumatic suspension they won't even know what it is.

I can see why they stopped using the hydro suspension though, the fluid loves water more than OP loves dick, so if it got even the slightest leak it would suck up several gallons of water, then overheat the pump. it's also very complex and unusual enough that your average mechanic can't fix it

a yet still spanks your boy racer honda

Depends on the city. In Munich they still have to be RAL1015.

>surprisingly nice inside

That thing has 3 different kinds of leather grain.

and?

depends on the city and, according to a cabbie, it also helps with getting recognised as a taxi by potential customers.

user suchst du etwa den ganzen Tag auf mobile.de nach scheisskisten?

Warum nicht, macht Spaß zu träumen

That's a great deal. I bought mine for 400€ but atleast it's running and had every paperwork and ecoshit done, unlike pic related I presume.

nicht den ganzen tag aber paarmal wenn ich wieder auf Veeky Forums bin.

scheisskistensuchen macht spaß.

My friend and I call it Polish Roulette

lol

I bet you could even turn searching mobile.de into a modern form of Auto-Supertrumpf.

>HA, I just found this W124 300E with 180hp!

>shit man... I only have a E36 316i with 105hp ... :c

>TRUMPF!

Kinda like that.
We'd set a budget and then see what's the weirdest/fastest/most awesome car we could find.
Sometimes it's just for shits and giggles, but sometimes it's when one of us is looking for our next car.

Don't. Learn from my mistake. They can look perfectly fine from the sills up but my god the floor pan. I saw mine on Ebay and had the same 'FUCKING RIGHT' reaction, made a reasonably low bid and ended up wining it only to find that it's a rusty heap of shit with a bunch of running and suspension problems. Don't get me wrong, it's cool as shit and I want to save it so bad, but the rabbit hole can go so deep on these.

I know someone with an XM who has literally torn the entire car apart to fix a problem with the hydraulics.

What a shame.

But yours looks really fantastic I gotta say.

>buying sight unseen
Never buy anything you didn't crawl under beforehand

>19years old car
>800k kilometers
>full size sedan
>95 diesel hp when new

oh boy

also
>automatic
>when automatic drained tons of power

looks fucking MINT in the inside for a 800k kilometer car though.

What did you expect? It's a fucking taxi. That beige color is the traditional taxi color in Germany. That's someone's workplace. Of course he'd keep it pristine.

You say that as if this was normal.

I've seen tons of old taxis and when they get to those dealers, all used up, they normally don't look like this, especially not at fucking 800000 kilometers.

That taxi driver must be one of the old school. Probably some 70 years old guy who retired.

Little hint: were taxis too and that car is only half as old.

>Latvia
No shit nēģer. Trip says it all.

yep, compare this photo from Stuttgart of the 80's with taxi drivers you'll find there now

That dude obviously got crashed into or got unlucky. I found the ad and pic related is the interior of the taxi, just as pristine as the other one.

what's that pedal for?

That's the parking brake.

then what's putting it in P for?

I love the old Mercedes instruments and steering wheels.

The seriousness and no bullshit design appeals greatly to me.

That's not a brake option, that's just a resting gear of sorts. It's been ages since I drove a Merc automatic but I think you can only start the engine when the stick is on P.

>press pedal
>parking brake engaged

>pull lever
>parking brake disengaged

>2005
>already 800k

seems like 800k is in a lot of times the sweet spot where they get the fuck out and get a new one

jebem ti bosnu

The hydropneumatic system really isn't as complicated as people make it out to be. Getting the spheres off tends to be the hard bit.

Photos are flattering. The paint is scratched all over and there is lacquer peeling on the roof.

A lesson well learned.

The reason Mercedes interiors last so long is MBTex.

Why is there some red areas on the speedometer?

It's yellow, not red. They're basically quick indicators for city driving. Most European city centers the max speed is either 35 km/hr or 60km/hr.
None of that applies when you drive a Taxi though.

I'm honestly thinking about buying this. It's a 7 hour drive but I could easily afford it. Plus taxes aren't that horrible for a 20 year old diesel merc and insurance is cheaper than it is for my little shitbox.

>60 km/h
Pretty sure you meant 50 km/h

It looks fucking mint and the engine is actually as primitive and proven as it gets so it should work for a couple hundred thousands more.

this sticker scam might fuck you in the ass majorly though.

retrofitting a diesel particle filter just to get that green sticker is about 2000 euros.

also, judging by the photos the instruments seem to work perfectly (dead pixel are really common) so that's another indication that this car was more than properly maintained

wtf, that pile wouldn't be worth €100 in germoney

pretty sure that - if possible - they already added a DPF to keep the thing in service years ago.

I'm too lazy to dig up the car in mobile though, so I might be wrong of course.

Yea its no where near worth that much here either in good condition.

Good news though, he updated the ad with images of the work he is doing.
>calliper hanging from brake line

American shitboxes used to be just as cheap before Cash for Clunkers.

My first car was a '76 Chevette that I bought for $300 from some crazy meth-head looking dude. The thing ran fine, and it costed me another $300 to get the thing running back to how it was new. $600 for a car that ran just fine.

>identical damage on both fenders

HOW?

>inb4 pic is mirrored: the bonnet has an asymmetrical air intake

The UK had a scrappage scheme, devastated the used car market, and we're still the cheapest place in the world to buy certain shitboxes

This guys full of gold, advertising bikes for sale up against a burnt out car and an upside down burnt out car in the background lol

He dropped the price....but also the mileage haha

Fuck, that guy is a mess

>dublin
Looks like rural russia
>the burnt out car is standing on the road
Man I bet that dude is chill as fuck thou

do want

According to the ad it gets the red sticker, so my safest bet would be to just drive around without one. I'm rarely driving around in areas where it's required anyway.

okay then but maybe check beforehand if not one of these fucking zones are planned for your area for the next months.

that shit popped up here out of fucking nowhere and lots of people sold their nice old benzes because of it and bought shitty new shitboxes ("how convenient!" *rubs hands)

why even bother for that little money? Just give it to some kid next door or drive it off a cliff.