Tell me why importing a 1991 skyline gt-r for 17k is a bad idea

tell me why importing a 1991 skyline gt-r for 17k is a bad idea

Other urls found in this thread:

thegarage.jalopnik.com/the-real-problems-with-historic-or-antique-license-plat-1705740384
miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5597032502.html
ksrevenue.org/dmv-antique.html
joelstrick.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/its-20-years-this-october-since-godzilla-wins-bathurst/
youtube.com/watch?v=cV-_zeAaI60
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

25 year old semi-legal car that you can't personally inspect for $17k is not a bad idea.

it isn't bro. just fucking do it. don't let these faggots convince you otherwise. if you have the money then do it, if it turns out to be a bad idea then what the fuck ever who cares. learn from it and move on

just sell it to canada

Just do it and see what happens. Or don't.

Would have to be registered as an antique car and would have to follow antique car laws that are very restrictive also all parts would need to be imported but if you just want it as a show car then go for it

>semi-legal
pretty sure legality is binary. and it is legal
>you can't personally inspect
buying from a site that is very reputable, so I am not too afraid.
fuck it, I'll just do it and see

do you have a source for that? because I know that is bullshit because you literally can't register a 25 year old car as antique in my state

>pretty sure legality is binary
Not when a cop had a bad night
>lol dusn't matter

until you've had to explain why your car may be legal for the umpteenth time.

Think he means classic, which means you get to drive it once a month

>Simply show license and registration

Not really an issue.

Very expensive aftermarket, need to get most parts for it out of the country.
No local garage will know dick about it, better know how to wrench and wrench real good.
Expensive to maintain and own.
Getting older, shit needs to be replaced more and more, regular parts prices are expensive.

not a problem getting pulled over every now and then for driving a unique car because I am not going to get fined.
I very much doubt this

>all parts would need to be imported

The amount of Rb20det in the US is pretty high, they're very easy to get, and relatively cheap for a built one. Parts are a non-issue.

>I very much doubt this
k bro, you know best and we're all wrong

thegarage.jalopnik.com/the-real-problems-with-historic-or-antique-license-plat-1705740384

Yea the engines what happens when OP takes his sweet new ride and destroys the control arm on a curb...1 month wait for some extremely expensive parts

>jalopnik
as I've said before, it is impossible to register a 25 year old car with an antique license plate in my state, dumbfuck.

money isn't a huge issue and I have a daily driver.

just get a trailer and haul it to the track.

He's not doubting that antique plates are restrictive, he's doubting that he has to register his car with antique plates.

You don't have to for any car, it's a choice.

>as I've said before, it is impossible to register a 25 year old car with an antique license plate in my state, dumbfuck.
What state is that cunt? Then register it as a normal caar and jump through all the legal hoops just for a piece of shit, i don't care, but antiques/classics aren't allowed on the road. Doubt it all you want.

I never said he had to. He's being a defensive chode. He's already made up his mind so I don't know why he made a thread about it.

reason 1: slower than a cobalt

florida. what the fuck is wrong with you, I never even suggested registering it as an antique. I never doubted that cars registered as antique are limited on the road.

kek someone post that picture

>I never doubted that cars registered as antique are limited on the road.
>I very much doubt this

miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5597032502.html
WHY IS OUR MARKET SO SHHHHHHHHHHHIT
NO GOOD CARS
NO GOOD PRICES

In about 5 years

>some user with wet dreams about F&F
>I will be unique and own a R32-R33 Skyline
>Lets go to craigslist
>see tons of them
>theyarecheap.jpg
>most of them have something wrong with it
>why do niggers buy them and neglect them
>itsmydreamanon.jpg
>buy it for 5k
>Drive it for 2 weeks
>transmission explodes or something electrical took a shit
>engine wont turn on
>sell on craigslist for 2K OBO NO LOWBALLERS
>sell car to nigger for 1K
>go to Veeky Forums
>call the car an unreliable piece of shit
>cry
>poop and re-insert turd in anus
>life is miserable
>cant control my spaghettis
>be autistic user with a hate to all Japanese cars

>mfw some user posts his R32

most nissan parts can easily be fitted into other cars anyway, for example on our s13 we have a r33 rear cradle, s14 front, rb25det and gearbox from r33 which did require small modifications to fit but basically it all goes together

correct, I doubt that I should have to have my car labelled as classic and be driven once a month.
kek

How are antique plates limited/not allowed on the road? In my state(kansas) I see cars with antique plates driving on the road. Then again our laws our fairly laxed and we don't have to deal with inspections.

If you have a DD and the extra funds, I'd say go for it. Live your dream.

Theft might be a concern though

there might not be any limitations in kansas
ksrevenue.org/dmv-antique.html
I don't see anything about it here

>go to see how cheap this mememobile is in Aus
>cheapest R32 GTR is $22,000
>$
>2
>2
>,
>0
>0
>0

Fuck me lads, ricer tax is unbearable

I thought any below $20k were guaranteed shit examples you should avoid. But I also don't know much about skylines.

Get the older one also I think that's too much unless that is the entire cost of everything including paperwork and registration and etc etc

parts are expensive.
you are buying a car that is guarenteed to not be roadworthy. imagine a car with bushings that cost 100$ each. now imagine needing to replace them all. now imagine this ancient shitbox has been riced before by some retard who installed a sick vacuum mod to ramp up the boost. now understand what a boosted ancient shitbox is going to be worth. when buying a car, assume its engine is blown and everything servicable will need replacement before you can even get it on the road.

Sue for harassment after a while and buy even more gtr's

Oh fuck off shitcunt your money is basically worthless, that's like 2/3 that price in real money

>$20 000 CAD for an 89

Sounds about right. The average Skyline owner in Canada now has doubled their price from $8k in poor condition, $15k in pristine condition, to $15k if it's undriveable and $25-30k if it's in fair condition.

If its antique plated, you have to get antique insurance. You pay less than normal insurance on it, but the insurance company says you can only drive it x miles in every month(taking it to meets and autoshows). Which makes sense, not many people want to daily an antique car.

>for 17k
Because if you bought it in Japan you could get the car for 2-3k and then ship it yourself.

They're selling in Japan for 13-19K

slower to shut itself of

ITT
>hurrdurr why are these massively popular cars so expensive and out of reach for my poor stupid ass waaaahhhh

Nigger please.

This is the most important thing right here. If you already have a dedicated daily, there's no risk in picking up a weekend/project car. If you decide you don't like it, just sell it to a weaboo faggot.

When the fuck can I just buy a skyline kitcar so I can build the whole thing myself?

No they aren't, If you had access to their auction website you would know this..

Cause you can get one for like $5,000 less m8

Maybe in slightly worse condition but you can

>implying I'm not in Japan and talk with a local dealer about them all the time

>talking to dealers
>not skipping the process on the national auction site

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

>GT-R
>$17k

Nice GTS-t. I had a feeling the GT-R bootlid would fit.

Also . Plenty of parts unique to the R32 GT-R. You can't cannibalize the lesser models for replacements with these. If it's legit you will pay the difference in its current and original price in maintenance and repairs.

With that said if you're ready to take the plunge, do it. With more money sunk into it it'll kill modern sports cars.

Can I import an rx7 from Canada if its less than 25 years old? I know you can get a letter from the manufacturer stating its safe for the U.S. but how easy is it?

>RB20DET
Only faggots use that trash engine, RB26DETT or nothing.

Go to Canada and buy one for 10k CAD. Why the fuck would you spend that much money for that car? Not worth it especially if you can't go look at it.

It's an amazing car, but you are beyond delusional for thinking you'll actually pay 17k for that.

If JUST one part shits itself, you're looking at nearly 5k right there.

It's 25 years old and has been thrashed. You think an engine with oiling problems under extreme load won't need a rebuild?

tl:dr

buy it if you have the cash to maintain it. It will need repairs and upgrades.

As long as you can do that, it's fucking fantastic.

Ricer tax?

Keep laughing bogan, that thing DESTROYED you at bathurst in the 90's and with just 10 grand of work it can destroy any modern holden that's also been worked.

There's a reason it's a living fucking legend. The 34 is the meme one from F&F, the 32 is the GODZILLA from bathurst.

>Bathurst

/thread

Bogan tears are fucking delicious.

joelstrick.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/its-20-years-this-october-since-godzilla-wins-bathurst/
youtube.com/watch?v=cV-_zeAaI60

For non australians to learn about why this car is such a legend. This car was famous well before paul walker.

Holy shit, that is impressive. I never knew it had that many back to back wins.
No fucking wonder people say they're awesome.

My cousin has a 33 GTR and always tells me how fun it is to drive, but word of warning for you OP, i remember when he first bought it. He paid double in getting it up to standard with broken parts being replaced with modern ones/replacements from japan.

There is no way in hell you're actually going to end up spending 17k.

25DET a best. Twin turbo an over-complicated shit. 26DETT is a literal meme engine.

>muh gee tee arr
>im pol walka

Buy a Nissan GT-R instead when it's summer since then the 2017 model is out.

>implying bogans aren't the majority of R-chassis Skyline owners these days
>MUH GORZIRRU
>still no love for the R33

>GTS-t

>seriously implying I don't get auction prices from him

>tfw american
>tfw would settle for a base model 4 door r32 in a shit color
>the above is 10k plus
I got 3.5k

i don't know why the 33 gets such hate

it's a bit slower in a straight line, but it handles better and fixed the oiling problems.

>this thread
>dickheads arguing over cars literally no one here owns
Business as usual I see