/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible. gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/henkaku/offline-installer/releases/tag/1.0
mega.nz/#F!7YIlVRDT!jKoKP6CelJvpA85D_yolmg!3VoRFI5B
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/olderfirmwareguide.html
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for you guys are all faggots desu

Post Pokemon ORAS romhack lewds.

Is Digimon Cyber Sleuth actually good or is it a meme?

I'm gonna destroy my Vita's innocence!

HENkaku offline installer released.

github.com/henkaku/offline-installer/releases/tag/1.0

hey fellas for reasons I lost my emuNAND sd from my o3ds.
the sysNAND is still 9.0, what I should do, or more exactly where I need to start in the plaitect guide?

It's an Persona game with Digimon and Durarara/Devil Survivor character design.

VITAUPDATEBLOCKER DOESN'T WORK DESU

>henkaku for ps4

What OFW does a new PS4 ship with? Wha tis it likely to ship with for their new slim powered up PS4 later this year?

How soon until we can play pirated PS4's?

Should I get one now or several of them to lock in good OFW for hacking later on?

Why didn't I get a vhbl bubble after rebuilding database?

it's alright. it's like a shin megami tensei with a digimon skin. if you like digimon story games you'll probably enjoy it

Why do you even want a VHBL bubble?

>try to connect to CMA
>you must update your system
fuck

use qcma

People suggested it.

I just tried that, but the H&S app is still not showing up in the emuNAND dashboard.

>it's like a shin megami tensei with a digimon skin
That sounds fucking great though.

ah, thanks buddy

It's more of a middle ground between SMT and Persona.

Got my DS flash cart
What are some good games
Already getting Strange Journey

It's going to be hilarious when RA Desmume runs better than the standalone.

What's the best version of retroarch to download on a n3DS? Nightly or stable release?

What do I need other than rebug to play PS3 ISOs and folders since no one uploads pkg files

Just a shitty cheap ps3 game right? Like some shit football game for $2 used from gamestop or something?

If you have a back-up of your emunand, start from Part IV. If you don't you'll have to start from the top.

you don't need that

How do I play iso files then or those folders? It wont let me. I tied normally off the XMB, then though multiman.

Help, I want to get MegaMan Legends 2 on my Vita but the remote and PS3 methods aren't working? What do I do?

The Castlevania "trilogy" (Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia).

is probably right, since I never played Persona I wouldn't know, but most people seem to agree on that.
It's pretty good as far as digimon games go, but not without flaws. Like I said, if you like digimon games go for it, I don't think you'll regret it.

Nightly, always.

Does the retroarch gbc emulator has battery save implemented? realboy is getting on my nerve by not saving

Etrian Odyssey 3
Kirby Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush and Kirby Mass Attack (these are spin-off puzzle platformers)
Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby Squeak Squad/Mouse Attack (these are more traditional Kirby)

no I don't have it, at least not near. so I need start from Part-1 Homebrew right?
also, if by chance I found my old sd, I will be able to use it as is again?

The World Ends with You
Kirby Super Stars Ultra
Luminous Arc. (I recommend befriending the healer girl right away)

And I found a mega folder of pre-patched pokemon roms from /vp/. Do you want a link to them?

So I decided to play some gba pokemon on the vita. What are the best gba pokemon rom hacks out there?

Why wouldn't it?

Delta Emerald and Lol & Kek editions if you are a memester

I don't know, some user told me it only had save states a couple of days ago

don't try soulsilver with it, i can't get it to work on mine

It is, i played it recently and it was totally worth it, should have played it on release. Just don't expect it to be super serious, it's a digimon game after all

Is there a DOOM for Vita?

I'd like it.

Alright thanks, I'll look into them.

Sure.

mega.nz/#F!7YIlVRDT!jKoKP6CelJvpA85D_yolmg!3VoRFI5B

Yes but it sucks, you're better off playing psp doom through VHBL.

Asking just to be sure. Can I install games from EU if I have Luma and a9lh through FBI right

no prob, btw, you probably should pay a visit to /vp/, they have threads dedicated to hackroms, you probably will find some more there.

It's still giving me that message.

FYI, the PS3 transfer method for 3.60 Vitas only works with native games. PS1 & PSP games won't work.

Are you sure?

>still no nude pokémon models romhack
>still no lewd amie

What a waste.

I tried Deception, Tomba 2 and MegaMan Legends 2. None of them appeared as downloaded. Joe Danger 2 did, though.

I'll look it up there, thanks man.

I literally just did both so thats not quite right.

Which games did you try?

How does something like this work with the pstv?
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/olderfirmwareguide.html
Does it still plug into your computer and act like a normal vita or something?

Ys 3, Rayman PS1 and God of War.

and on my second account I transferred some jap demo. It definitly works, the games do have to be compatible with Vita though.

How do I play ps3 iso and folders? I need a ps3 game in the disc slot right? Some say I do some say I dont.

that guide covers the PSTV as well

I'll leave now

That seems to be the case. The latest PS1 Classics and PSP releases seem to lack the license to be transferable through PS3, sort of like Grandia or Magic Carpet.

That's right The first 3 parts basically assist you in setting up an emunand again which you'll then convert as your sysnand for a9lh.

The old emunand will not work right off the bat. You'll probably have to copy that emunand and import it to the current SD (the one you're setting up a9lh to). Not sure about this though as I have never used emunand.

>buying Grandia on PSN
>wanting to listen to that dub
ew

I don't have a dic in my slot.

Is it possible to play PSP ISOs on a PSTV with henkaku?

I bought it 4 years ago and never played it. I was too busy seething at the mouth at Crash and Spyro not being downloadable on NA Vitas

Not yet

You can never go wrong with the list on /v/'s recommended games wiki. I lived off that list for a year or so and only disliked a couple of games (mainly due to my own taste)

No, stick with

How can I change key binds in RetroArch cores?

Specifically, SNES9x-2002

Global config.

Wrong.

Quick menu control remap. Do not touch global.

Cheers senpai.

what if I only leave it on emuNAND/redNAND? (no al9h)

the old should still work up to that point right?

Cheers other senpai.

Slowpoke here.
Is 3dsiso dead?

Did you even attempt to access the website before asking that question? It isn't dead.

Anybody having trouble with the offline installer?

Error after error here, even after reboot.

What can I do with cfw on vita?
I'm a new friend

It is for me

UK?

Did you enable region/language emulation in the Luma3DS menu?

kick ass homebrew

Spain

there is no CFW on vita yet

right now HENkaku only gives you emulators and shit

but it's likely piracy is on its way

>mfw Gateway

What DS games do you guys like? I just found my old R4 and want to fill it with stuff, 4GB, tell me your best games!

Might as well explain why before other retards complain about why you don't remap global.

Global is for RA's abstraction layer: RetroPad. It's similar to the SNES controller, obviously. Therefore 'A' on the RetroPad is, optimally recognized as 'A' for the SNES cores.

HOWEVER! What if you were to play a system that swapped them? Like PS1? X on PS is B on SNES, and that's what it's mapped to on the RetroPad by default.

Similarly, if you were playing Nintendo games on a PlayStation device and want X to be A, you'd map RetroPad B (the device's X button) to the core's A button.

Pokemon SoulSilver

I don't know than, i know that some sites are down for the UK though. RT one of them.

Take a pick
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS

Thanks user.

I'm getting all the pokemon games right off the bat, fuck this slow bus terminal internet tho.

I honestly can't remember. I most likely did if it was recommended in the guide. But just to be sure how do I go to Luma settings again?
It's been awhile since I did anything to my 3ds

Pretty sure I just bricked my 2DS downgrading to 2.1.0

I just got it yesterday. Maybe I'm not meant for this.

LOL

Eject the SD and try booting it.

While holding select, turn on your 3DS. the Luma menu should appear.

Did you try booting without the SD card?

Tried that. No luck.