/nmsg/ No Man's Sky General

No Man's Sky general. Lyin' Sean edition.

Out right now for PS4, PC release on Friday the 12th.

>What is this game?
A relaxing procedurally generated space exploration game with some combat and trading.

>What do you do in the game?
From the HG website, no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/what-do-you-do-in-no-mans-sky/

>Is there multiplayer?
Lmao.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Au8LuBz5tE#t=1m20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for DLC keys soon.

you get v2 and v3 by following the atlas path.

just found a planet with lots of gravitino balls all over, 27k each ez money but lots of man robots.

2nd for happy Gek merchants

Anyone have the OP pic from last thread?

Does anyone know the general location for AquaSpheres? Under deep water? In shallow ponds? Near water? Rainy planets? I bought the few I needed from a space station but it'd be nice to know for future use.

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.
A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.
Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game.
What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?
Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.
But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?
How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but..."
We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.
Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them.
If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

Thanks nigga

Great copypasta. Have a (You).

Which one of you keeps posting this on Reddit?
Don't stop

Stop posting this

The people that are finding the game, "boring" or "redundant" simply don't get it.
Don't blame them, they've been playing COD, Pokemon Go and FarmVille all their lives.
How often has the gaming industry given them the opportunity to simply think for themselves and decide for themselves what they want to do in a game. They aren't in the habit of deciding for themselves.. "Hmmm I wonder if I can reach the seabed of this Gigantic ocean... What will I find ?? ". or any of the other THOUSANDS of things you can decide to try in NMS.
Their brains simply can't grasp the enormity of possibility and so they revert to what they know..."Who do i fight ?"..."What does the games story tell me to do ??", "Who do I fight.. again".
To these people I say, "Dig deeper". Set a goal for yourself. You see that huge beast in the distance. If you need to shoot something, give that a go and I guarantee you'll have "Something to do".
NMS will not take you by the hand and walk you through the experience. But, if you have a little persistence and keep digging, you are going to see some Amazing stuff and be telling your friends..."Coolest thing happened on MNS."

Where do I get Aluminum and Nickel from?

They can be found in either the crystals that look similar to Plutonium or the large deposits that look similar to Heridium. If the crystals/deposits you see aren't what you need then switch planets.

>nms is a qualia experience

LOL, gotta love this absurd logic.

Ah yes, fellow Seanfriend! Back to the most fulfilling gameplay of all!

Defending Saint Sean on the message boards!

Praise Him, our Sacred Lord Developer, Whose Cum We Drink With Gratitude Every New Dawn, Noon, and Dusky Eve!

Sean, if you are reading this, thank you, I love you. I treasure your presence in this universe.

This is a game of discovery.

Think about it.

If Sean Murry is the creator of the game universe then he is comparable to a God (I'm not saying I'm a believer, that's a whole different can of worms)

Now how rubbish would it be if God told us everything about the universe right from the start. Fire, quantum physics, space travel...

I think Sean is leaving heaps out and being coy about stuff to let us discover things for ourselves. Multiplayer for one. How ace would it be if after a month of us all resigning ourselves to no multiplayer to BOOM we see another player. That would be amazing.

Just a thought

So are we just posting reddit pastas now?

Listen you ignorant piece of shit. Thousands?

THOUSANDS?

Take a step back.

Take a deep breath.

Let me explain something to you.

Sean Murray, and his small studio of just a handful of self trained developers and math wizards have given us not thousands of things to do, but a UNIVERSE of things to do.

GALAXIES UPON GALAXIES filled with billions and billions of stars, each star with its own solar system, a sun, suns, orbited by planets, each orbited by moons - teaming with life like the human mind has never even begun to imagine yet. Each new planet you visit will have an entire ecosystem to explore, geography to map, maybe even continents, plate tectonics... the wonders are infinite, as infinite as space itself!

So you better reel back your "thousands" nonsense.

I am waiting for an apology to the fan community, and to Hello World and Sean personally.

The negativity got to me...

Unfortunately, it ruined the game for me. I don't really have a lot in my life, and I was so happy to get the limited edition in the mail,
got some pizza and had a blast. I played for a while, and had to take a break and decided to browse. I thought everyone would feel how
I felt about it, but no, all I saw was people attacking Sean for lying about multiplayer. I couldn't care less about multiplayer
because I'm kinda a loner anyway, but everyone else did. Everyone hates Sean now, and I felt bad for loving the game so much.

I understand the negative criticism for some features, but the game surprised me so much with the features I didn't know about before,
the postivites outweighed the negatives. Now though, with that negativity is looming over me, and I'm not feeling so good about the game.
I thought this community would make me feel great about this game, but instead it made me feel horrible for buying it.
This happened with me with Fallout 4 and Uncharted 4, where games I loved playing suddenly had their flaws be the only thing I
saw after visiting their communities. Call me weak or a pussy for letting someone else's opinion affect mine so much, but trust me, I wish it didn't.

NMS was the main reason I got out of bed yesterday morning, but now I can't look at it the same. At this point, all I can say is "that's it."
I'm done. I don't feel that excited about anything else this year, so sorry, but I'm giving up. I can't find a community who praises these games, so I'm left with hating them.

Has anyone from HG responded about all this negativity yet?

Yes.

can you travel freely from star to star?

Does the "space" inbetween these stars actually exist in game, or is warping the only way to achieve interstellar travel?

Has anyone in this thread found something made by someone else yet?

Warping is the only way. Sean will try to bullshit, but you can't even really see other stars to know if you're going towards it or not. Also take into consideration the fact that you can't even fly toward the star in your own solar system. It doesn't get any closer.

This right here. I dunno why so many people are praising this as a technical marvel. The universe is not seamless, and every planet is basically the same.

>I'm enjoying this thing but other people aren't so I don't enjoy it anymore

How does this person enjoy anything in life?

sounds like tumblr.

Serious question, why would you ever want to manually traverse literal light years of empty space?

Does the game have multiplayer Y/N?

Share your ship.

I'm just using the preorder one.

btw, a gun with wideshot 5, and +3 impact instagibs the sentries, and 2 shots the robot dogs.
only issue it that it flings your camera to the sky every shot.

Do people prefer the Laser system or the photon cannons when doing space combat? I find the lasers to be more beneficial to me.

Are there multiple planets in each "map"?

At least freelancer size?

Dump some recoil reducers on that shit man.

Pisses me off that theres not some sort of SAVE button. I have to be careful to remember to get in and out of my ship before I warp to another system thanks to crashing issues.

Had to track down the last animal on that planet TWICE.

I have the bonus one atm. Just went in an emeril frenzy for like 3 hours and now I have 3.9 million. Sitting in a space station waiting to to buy the biggest fucker I can. Will post results.

Hey, is this game worth the 60 or not?

You save literally every time you discover a new location.

Usually around 5.

Because Sean said you could. Somebody will probably wanna test his word. (Even though we know what his word is worth now)

That's a nice one. I'm jelly. How many slots?

Like I'm still using the pre-order ship cause I found one I like, but couldn't afford it.

You're an idiot. Admit that your hopes for the game were too high, don't blame "negativity" because it's easier than admitting you were wrong yourself.

25 slots.

How do i restart my fuckin game? I redeemed my pre-order ship, and now I can't fucking warp, since the ship I traded to didn't have a warp drive, and I never got to do the tutorial, because the Pre order ship already had one.

Extrasolar planets and other cool things we know the developers for this turd lacked the imagination or vision to bother to care about.

then go do the tutorial and make a warp drive.

you can delete your save in your ps4 memory.

How? I've already warped away from that place like 3 times.

Been playing for about 6 hours and still haven't got the first atlas pass.

>been watching streamers play No Man's Sky for a while now
>still can't figure out what the point of the game is
ummmm, guys? all I see are grown men """"exploring"""" barren terrain and picking things up off the ground.

just like in Minecraft

How many times have you warped?

>still can't figure out what the point of the game is
it's what people have been asking for two years

I will literally hang myself in my closest if they add a Radiant Quest Nigger.

Loving meeting up with other players to show them my creations!

you should still have the quest to make the thing.

>mfw find a NPC selling AntiMatter and he wants 108.3% of market average for it.

I'm curious to see how they do base building. It'd be kinda dumb to build a big ass base and then warp a few systems away and never go back to it again.

So, how is it?

once,and i have made a couple warp cells

>tfw found a planet full of those plants with pearls inside them

So found an emeril deposit and it just keeps going down. I don't know if I wanna go any further because I might get stuck. Have found a cave down here though but no way out of it.

After you warp a couple times Atlas will guide you to a monolith and that will start you on the
Atlas Path.

I think before they go adding bases, they should probably add some way of going back to the places you've been before. I couldn't find my way back to the system I just left. Sure would be neat to somehow see the places we've been on the galaxy map.

most deposits don't give minerals past surface depth.

After several jumps, I think it's 3 or 4, you get a quest marker basically. Some dude will give you one. You won't miss it.

Use grenades to make a walkable incline upwards.

They'd have to increase the size of your ship perhaps. The game doesn't keep a planet static, so you don't get to keep whatever outpost you built. Maybe mini-space stations, but then what's the point when you travel to dozens of other systems and leave it in the dust?

You're a rolling stone in this game. An explorer, not a settler.

ok, thanks

This one is giving me it still. But I can't mine the middle, only outer. If I go only farther I don't think I'll be able to jetpack out. I'm also curious to see how deep I can go.

Is this game pretentious?

I'd solve that problem by letting you build a wormhole device in your base that lets you teleport home and then back to where you were.

Yeah I'd hope they'd add something like that. I also though building your own space station and have it follow you system to system would be cool. I hope eventually they'd just let us warp wherever we've explored previously.

is this game Gone Home in space?

it seems like it from the gameplay vid from YYYYYYYYYONNGGGG'HIRRR

All to do in this game is to fly around and collect resources because that is all I see every streamer doing.

i hope the system reqs arent too high.

i wonder if my laptop can run it.

my ps4 lags in some areas.

Anyone know max exposuit slots you can have?

>fly around and collect resources
>nothing meaningful or impactful to spend resources on
cool game

>monolith stories have right and wrong answers
>the right answers are extremely easy

I wish they made it more like FTL where neither answer is right or wrong but both have a chance of something good or something bad happening. With blue options for if you have an item/grade that lets you do something.

But basically, Geks value hard work, Vy'keen value honor and tradition, and Korvax value curiosity and technology. Even without understanding the languages you can get through every encounter.

To the user who said to place upgrades next to the core system, thank you. You blew my fucking mind.

the ps4 should only have problems when you fly full speed around a newly discovered planet

Does anyone know if there's an upgrade for your launchers that reduces the amount of charge you need to lift off? Having to refuel every 4 stops is garbage.

not going to buy the game yet but I enjoy watching people play it on twitch... its just nice looking

vortex cube land of milk and honey
free cubes everywhere
emeril crystals everywhere
no security

i will only buy if it supports flexible key binding, my WASD keys ain't gonna like those walking distances.

same
I laid in bed watching it on my good monitor til I fell asleep and it was pretty comfy

even if this doesnt have multiplayer its still the type of game I could only play taking turns with someone else
like a girlfriend if I had one :^)

>The game doesn't keep a planet static
Wasn't that one of the selling points though? That what you do in the game effects the universe and others?

Lucky bitch. I found a planet with those pearls every 20 feet but I had the space cops on my ass every time I took on.

me: your gf

I found one like that too, but you can just grab them and hop in your ship.

None of the ships I come across have a Hyper Drive. How do I fix this bug? Do I have to buy a ship without a Hyper Drive and then hope my system has a Hyper Drive blueprint or do I keep looking around for Hyper Drive blueprints currently?

Okay wiseguy. What about monoliths that ask you to put it in, and your only choices are iron or carbon? Huh? WHAT FUCKING THEN FAGGOT?

Is this game worth looking into?

I loved Space Engineers but had no one to play it with and the servers were ALWAYS shit. I just like to build dank space stations/ships.

Guys let's make a /nmsg/ steam group to coordinate raids and PvP events.

>running

That's not how I roll. I got 10 stars for killing sentinels yesterday because I was hanging out on a hostile planet.

You'll get the blue print once you leave the system you're in.

If Sean was smart, he'd also have programmed it so that if you don't have a hyperdrive or hyperdrive blueprint, a merchant will spawn on the world that will sell you the blueprint.

But this is Sean we're talking about.

ill make a discord

i thought this game was single player only

HI...

I'M KORVAXXXX

youtube.com/watch?v=8Au8LuBz5tE#t=1m20s