Unpopular Veeky Forumspinions

>I will never support Chevrolet (and GM by proxy) in any way shape or form for as long as I live until they stop killing off good badges just to protect their middling-tier shitboxes
Yes, I am (and forever will be) salty about Pontiac and Holden.

>aux cables are not a sin
If you don't like the other person's taste in music, just tell them it's driver's choice. Better yet, just have your music playing when they get in.

>automatics are not always shit
>ditto for FWD
Sure, it won't be a GODMACHINE, but automatics and FWDs ARE capable of going fast. Most of the time you won't be fighting for hot lap times in traffic, anyway.
>doesn't mean RWDs and manuals aren't god-tier

>People who stance and donk their cars sacrifice functionality to make their car look gaudy and horrific, purely as an attention grabbing method. They see any attention as good attention, and should be thusly treated like any other person that's damaged goods, and ignored.

Other urls found in this thread:

chevysmallcars.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>DSG/Tiptronic are better than manual, but most other auto's are trash

>FWD is shit unless it's a car specifically built for being FWD and fun, eg. GTI, 850R, Si variants

>Mitsubishi and EVO's are unreliable meme rally cars

>Subaru has the worst car community behind that of Mustangs

> Auto centric urban planning is cancer
> Climate change is real
Fite me

There is absolutely nothing wrong with fwd automatic. The amount of people here who act like a car that isn't a dedicated race car is worthless is ridiculous, especially when so few actually own cars and even fewer actually race.

Electric cars will be god tier so long as the nannies can be removed.

>Dodge vehicles aren't steaming piles of shit, and Dodge is the only company nowadays actually making a good looking muscle car that LOOKS like a muscle car.

That last one is hardly unpopular have you seen the amount of stance bashing on here? haven't seen it as much for donking but at least they can drive wherever they want without busting an oil pan.

>not getting all terrain tires on your vehicle
>not keeping your ignition system in sound working order
>a Cheva Nova is an awful place to deflower your girlfriend
>not rolling your windows down so they dont get all fogged up and you cant see out
>parking near the graveyard
>parking near the haunted amusement park
Am I right, guys?

Crossovers are good cars

Modern safety features are good and I like them

DRL/low-beams that cannot be turned off should be compulsory on all new cars everywhere

Eating, drinking, smoking and pretty much anything that forces you to not have both hands available at all times while driving should be illegal

Safety inspections should be mandatory everywhere

>Properly cleaning your car is routine maintenance
At least only half of Veeky Forums will get mad about this.

Wait, would anybody actually think this? Are there actually people here who have no idea what good polishing & waxing does to a car? Have they never seen what a red car in a sunny place looks like after some few years with no care?

You're supposed to post UNpopular opinions.

I agree with everything you just said, you fucking dipshit.

> not supporting GM because they kill off good brands

But there are so many legitimate reasons to hate GM.

Facts are not opinions

>paddle shifted auto is better than manual for track use because gear changes are quicker, can't miss shift and grenade the trans/engine, can left foot brake very easily
>manual is better for daily driving because you use all of your limbs, pay more attention to your car and the road, and rev matching is fun at any speed

>I don't mind stance because most of the time it's cars that weren't designed to go fast anyway and stuff that doesn't have extreme camber or tacky wheels actually looks pretty cool

>Most of Veeky Forums knows fuck all about actually driving and are probably just underage benchracers

>Street racing isn't some sort of sin and allows enthusiasts without money to track their car to get some rubber down

>Drifting is a REALLY overrated Motorsport and is kind of boring after a while

>Fwd isn't shit

>Most American cars are poverty level and shit compared to the rest of the world's offerings

>Most people with performance cars on the road probably don't need and shouldn't have that much power for just driving around dailying

>Environment and safety checks are actually good for overall road safety and ensure retards don't drive around bombs on the road.

>Crossovers are good cars

If they made a ~300hp 50/50 or rear bias Mini Countryman I would buy the shit out of that. They already make them in manual and AWD with completely variable torque split

>gtr is a meme

>c5 corvette a shit

>shakotan =/= stance
>Z33's are the ugliest Z, not the 280ZX
>You need $20000 to be able to purchase an S13/S-Chassis, just unfuck it and paint all the mismatched body panels.

Muscle cars need sequential gearboxes.
Manuals are outdated as fuck

>>Most American cars are poverty level and shit compared to the rest of the world's offerings
Explain yourself

>Cops here test mustang as pursuit vehicle
>Blows up transmission
>interiors are shit on most
>lolcantsee
>lolcantturn
>gas consumption is shit
>attempts made to match japanese economy vehicles but failed miserably.
>Numerous cases of corvettes blowing up on track
>GM neutering all their vehicles because the corvette MUST be the fastest.
>Oil crisis ensured that any actually decent muscle car was turned to shit

>attempts made to match japanese economy vehicles but failed miserably.
oh, they make cars that match japanese economy vehicles but they hate HATE selling them in their home market, and the average non-Veeky Forums US car enthusiast hates them too

expanding on that whole "american car companies hate selling cars that match japanese economy vehicles" there's this little gem

chevysmallcars.com/

it was LITERALLY the very first time that I heard that the chevy sonic existed, and had NEVER seen any details of it before. no billboards, no tv spots, no radio ads

and on top of that, it's a shitty shitty ad to one of the nichiest communities in the US, hipster trash, they're targeting the same hipster trash that rides bikes with cats in the back to work

>I like the majority of cars that brands under GM make

think FWD cars are gud dd's but shit on the track
>trying to drive my featherweight shitbox
>give it some beans
>massive wheelspin
even did a really careful slow takeoff uphill in the rain and ended up doing a huge burnout

buy some damn tires you poorfag

gee thanks dude i didnt realise i was driving on rotors

it's alright, don't let it happen again

the tires go on the rotors right

I heard about the Mustang tests. The transmission went after just 5 minutes and they're considering dropping Ford and using Volvos instead (which did pass the tests).

Ford raged pretty hard after it made the news.

something like that, what does Jalopnik say?

it said my camber was too positive and i need motorcycle tyres

connect a harley engine to each rotor

>cars are soulless blocks of steel and plastic
Fuck your boomer-spec vette, fuck your Miata. I don't lose a wink of sleep over the stanced cars, I don't care if you put a powerglide in your GT-R or buy an automatic sports car.

Cars are what you make of them. A standard car represents a million compromises by the manufacturer, and is by no means worthy of respect or restraint.
Cars, and especially modern cars, are automotive cum rags. Do what you want, and move on to the next one.

I agree with everything you said except the very first one. GM still keeps up the Pontiac and Saturn corporate websites with live chat. They clearly have plans to bring them back at some point, though what they're waiting for, I have no clue.

>They clearly have plans to bring them back at some point,
nah son, they're just legacy. Chevy Still makes parts for discontinued vehicles in some circumstances.

American cars with anything less than a V8 are dogshit.

>2016
>V8

I like climate control, heated seats, and technology integration in cars. However, most people abuse it to browse Facebook and be lazy drivers when a lot of people (myself included) use them to be more responsible drivers and actually enjoy commutes.

I prefer luxury to performance cars. Maybe this is due to developing medical issues in the past few years, but I just can't drive a sports car, or even sport-tuned luxury cars on the road anymore. I'd prefer a big, slow, comfortable car like a Lexus GS to a BMW M2 for daily driving.

That said, I still track my Toyobaru, but I've never really driven it in public since I bought my GS 350.

There isn't anything wrong with FWD, and for most shitboxes it doesn't matter. It matters on the track, sure, but for daily driving I'd prefer AWD or FWD. RWD on hatchbacks is dumb, and completely negates any reason to buy a fucking hatchback in the first place. You remove the practicality aspect of a hatchback when you get a RWD hatch. I'm looking at you, BMW.

I eat in my car. This is mostly because I get paid for driving more. But if you're not a fucking slob you can know how to drive and eat with one hand and not make a fucking mess. If I know I'm eating something very crummy, I'll put down a little towel over my lap so I don't get crumbs everywhere.

Just because a car is automatic, doesn't mean it's bad. Most supercars/hypercars are automatic, most modern racing vehicles are automatic. That said, on shitboxes I prefer manual because it extends the life of the car, but if you buy luxury cars, higher-tier sports cars, or even mid-grade commuter cars an automatic is just fine.

I don't understand all the shitposting about different brands that goes on. I know it's mostly a forced meme, but it gets old.

you sound like you got lost on the internet and ended up on Veeky Forums by accident

They keep it up for support of owners who still have those cars, but once estimated ownership dips past a certain figure they will stop support

No, I've been on here for 5 or so years, mostly lurking.

I don't bother posting often because this board has become /int/ with cars.

Anyone under 21 should be limited to driving a car with

>Anyone under 21 should be limited to driving a car with

That's an *opinion* if I've ever seen one

>Muh nannie state

BMW makes the best sports cars.

climate change is something that happens, CO2 emissions have a very small role in that shit.

We are coming out of an ice age and geologists laugh at climate "scientists" who preach CO2 emission doom and gloom for government funding.

Seconded

They made a single generation of notoriously terrible shitboxes, that was all.

The Challenger is the last true muscle car that's not a sports car.

>We are coming out of an ice age
You know I never thought of it like this. In the geological timeline we've been here like, 2 seconds equivalency if the existence of earth was a 24 hour day.

you're a dumbass

yea pretty much, all the ice isnt gone. the earth goes through cycles all the time and we can't do shit to stop it.

we have no edfect on global warming whatsoever since historical literature has stuff like Iceland having ice all year and the climate being generally cooler.

Some historical sites have already been sibmerged before we had internal combustion engines.

It's all bullshit to say we caused this shit when places like rainforests at night produce shitloads of CO2 (which is why they're hot and humid as fuck all the time)

i can't believe i fell for it

>MUH SCIENCE IS SETTLED
>BILL NYE IS SMARTEST MAN ALIVE

I'm not saying climate change isnt a thing, I'm saying we barely have any impact whatsoever and if climate scientists gave a shit we would have had Algae farms and towers close to major cities.

Smog on the other hand is another issue

And they make a good noise.

>american cars are meme tier
>EVs are the future
>automatics are fine

>EVs
>Future
back to the 1800s with you

Hear me out here. What if we had gm work with other companies to get better electronics/electical machinery to not be so shit.
Then brought back i6 trailblazer and covalt/cobalt.

chaser jzx100 mah nigger

Why would i go so far to spend 5 hours on a perfect detail for my 20 year old corolla.

Japaneseclassics dot com my friend. You are so SO very wrong on that last one.

As someone who has gotten to analyze ice core data for geophysical data anaylsis, we sure as shit affect the current trend by a LARGE margin.

RVAfag? I just checked them out and they got a sweet 1990 Supra w/ 1JZ, but I wanna know who the faggot was that bought that silver '88 Cefiro

>muh correlation = cause

What if you have a fwd manual car?

>everyone on Veeky Forums is either an enthusiast or a weekend warrior and does not actually know anything about vehicles, except for their looks and gawking over standards

>not supporting a vehicles make because of /pol/ reasons is fucking stupid

>4l60e is not shit

>except for pre-2000-ish Mercedes, all euro cars suck big nuts

Don't forget Pontiac, Saturn, and hummer (hummer just to piss of the tree-huggers)

>Safety inspections should be mandatory everywhere

I agree. Too many fucktards out there with barely functioning brakes and suspensions so worn the car practically bounces off the road.

enthusiasts know about cars and mechanics. Veeky Forums has very few enthusiasts.

Veeky Forums has failed normies, bench racers, /v/ transplants, weebs, etc.

you should know that if you've been here for more than a day

been lurking for years, occasionally post...

I don't see them, at least not often. Enthusiasts know how many cylinders and liters...maybe a few specs off the "about" page of the makes website.

>I like the Juke
>the Nismo Juke would be cool if the AWD version came in a manual instead of Nissan's shitty flappy-paddle auto

This

Very few people on Veeky Forums are enthusiasts. A lot of them have a sense of snug self-righteousness because they can drive a 30-year-old manual shitbox and have to do regular maintenance on it.

Bench racers that can only afford Miatas and the occasional Fiesta ST.

Weeaboos who circlejerk over impractical Kei cars and shitty anime with horrible music.

At this rate, I just come here for the occasional off-road thread and LPG.

the word you're looking for is pretentious amateurs. not enthusiast. an enthusiast is an aficionado.

this is the problem though..."enthusiasts" to me is still a derogatory term, meaning the same as a weekend warrior or hobbyist. When I hear "enthusiasts" I think of someone who changes their oil/brakes/filters on their bmw/vw and occasionalyl goes to car meets and swaps. They can name most of the parts, and know many vehicles, but like to just stand around and talk about makes and models, while spouting out their opinions on which is best. Am I far off, or have years of browsing Veeky Forums just made me salty from the misinformation?

>Muh high school debate team vocabulary

Your GBP correlates to how many tendies you stuff your face with.

Enthusiasts are fan boys, that is what we have here on Veeky Forums. They are somebody that gets into it for the identity, not because they really like it. Sure they are smart enough to spout some facts and figures, but that is as deep as it goes.

People that are really into cars are defined by their skills (driving, wrenching, etc.) not petty maintenance, event attendance or brand loyalty. They aren't enthusiasts, they are tuners, or drivers, or builders.

>Working on your own car is stupid unless you're poor, or have an older vehicle that can't get serviced.
>Tech in cars is a good thing
>Benchracers and stancefags are cancer killing the automotive community

/somewhat-agree

>saving money and enjoying mechanics is stupid
ok?

Only reason why I "somewhat agree" is because nine times out of ten when I get a problem car, the problem starts with "i tried...I saw on YouTube...I read on a forum....It might be the...." Seems like a lot of the people working on their own cars probably shouldn't be doing so.

>it is the 21st century fampai
>everything on the internet is true
>i don't need to know how to do anything, i have the internet
get with the times, grandpa

Back to le ddit fucking nerd

The MK4 Supra is hideous.

Skyline GT-R is overrated.

New GTR looks good.

I don't like convertibles.

Fiat 500 Abarth is an overpriced shitbox meme-machine.

Ferrari is overrated.

Lowering is overrated. Decent suspension at stock height is master-race.

There is nothing wrong with having a slow track car, such as a spec miata or E30. A slow track car teaches good inertia management.

There is nothing wrong with building a car to go fast in a straight line.

none of those are unpopular opinions to me

They are all things which have inadvertently provoked many rage-induced responses with in other threads.

:^]

I daily a 2015 ford escape,use my 2014 Ninja 1000 if i want speed.Honestly not a bad car, roomy as fuck with really comfy seats

Are you me?
>hate GM for killing Pontiac
>usually listen to radio or plug in my phone
>like automatic for DD
>non-performance mods are shit

About crossovers, actualy I agree. They tick alot of boxes
>Roomy
>Sitting higher
>boot for dog bro
>Shrug off shitty roads, bumps, mold offroading
Offcourse, major part of them are not fun, too tryhard or expensive (overpriced) as fuck. But you have to know were or what to look.

240Z Blunt/Sharknose < 240Z G-Nose

Fight me

>do all of the above things worse than a wagon.

People who buy crossovers are just morons who would have been better served by an Outback but thought it would make them look like a lesbian

consider the following:
many people fucking hate the wagon aesthetics, the undertaker carry_all_my_shit_with_me vibe of the estates

Also, outback is the ugliest fucking crossover/wagon hybrid you can think off, also overpriced now.

The AMC Javelin is the cream of the 1960s American muscle crop.

Chrysler has always and will always make the best Muscle cars. From the sixties Coronets and Barracudas to the modern Challengers and Chargers, they have always had cooler cars than Ford, Cheby, or AMC.

Javelins are the fucking best. I don't even LIKE muscle cars much (defo a tunerfag) but the Javelin appeals to my dick in uncountable ways.