/hou/ - Killed by Alphonse

This is Houston's thread, and we're the ... Orange Flames?

Previous thread got prematurely deleted: Next meet is still scheduled for Friday, June 17th, at 8:00 PM, with no location decided.

Current news:

· Civic user is still dead and posting from the other side.

· GS400 blew his engine.

· Spoderstang is actually performing work.

To-do list:

· Suggest locations and activities for the 17th.

· Keep brainstorming names? Doesn't hurt, maybe we'll strike something.

· Perhaps once monthly is too wide for our group? Things hit a lull. Once every 2-3 weeks? You decide.

Other urls found in this thread:

bringatrailer.com/2016/05/25/4k-daily-cruiser-sausalito-green-1971-cadillac-coupe-deville/
reddit.com/r/Corvette/comments/2hj87t/texas_corvette_owners_lets_talk_about_the_front/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can I join your biker gang? I'm in Florida, I have a bosozoku style bike I made. I wish I could make a gang with Veeky Forums

tfw no one near me has a fast enough car for a local wat night club

;__;

Lelski, my car tops out at 110, and we have an unofficial (hasn't actually managed to attend yet) original Beetle, and I think he said his tops out at 80 mph.

Speed has nothing to do with it, friend.

Just keep the dates moving. For the most part, I can't make Saturday meets if they're at night.

Of course, bikerbro. If you don't mind crossing 5 states to get here.

My cars will do 120+ and I don't like cracking the triple-digit mark; some of us just aren't about speed.

How long does it take the DeLorean to reach 100?

Automatic; 40s, 5-speed, 25s, my modified 5-speed, 20s.

Getting exhaust done on my 05 accord coupe v6 so my car doesn't sound like a total dud for this meet. I'm ready to get rid of those damn resonators, it sounds like crap compared to my old 03 eclipse gt

I'll be there on the 29th (Sunday) the whole day, taking pictures, doing ride alongs and talking to the drivers about their builds. If anyone is interested, feel free to join up. The round finals usually happen between 2-6pm and before is just practicing, if anyone is interested in taking their own vehicle to drift you can sign up as a driver on their site.

Speaking of work my rims and tires came in.

Probably not; not too interested. But maybe some other H/o/ubros will.

Fully sick, mate.

Found a sway bar for my gti at LKQ.

Currently doing my a/c now

Christ... Is that an exaggeration or is yours a lot faster than stock?

Update... My dad told me to stop doing this in the driveway, stuff the engine back in and take it to a mechanic shop... I told him I wasn't trying to prove a point I just wanted to 2jz swap it and he said ill ruin it and offered to pay for a replacement 1uz fe. My gs will be back in commission probably Saturday/monday

Anyone want to buy a crane? It like 1000 new. Loll. Ill part with it for 200 I bought it for 250

Well you can't argue with a free engine but a 2jz swap would be cool.

S2000 blog fagging.

Hit a curb,

Replacing LCA, endlinks, adding coilovers, swapping black M220 for silver, and a new clutch/flywheel.

Thoughts on the silver M220?

Yup I got some caring parents. I think they knew I was desperate because I just paid 2100 for this paint job, someone hit my car and this engine overheated. So yes I was broke and they came to snatch me up and im really appreciative

2JZ, no shit.

This will decimate all after you put about 15 grand into it.

A used 1uzfe is not expensive but used vvti 1uzfe can get kinda pricey. A 2jz isn't unattainable I just gotta save up 1600 for a 2jz and a 4spd auto + ecu. It'll be nice to have a good v8 to cruise in in the meanwhile though. My neon is W H A C K
This is a good back up car but its not styling at all. I think I gotta pic of it in the back ground there

Needless to say ill be dyno tuning this nitrous if I even put it back on!

The 3-speed automatic SUCKS. Normally I drive automatic cars because of the gentlemanly vehicles that I prefer,but the difference between an automatic and a stick DeLorean is the only time I agree with the manual faggots in the auto vs. manual threads.

I have a performance exhaust with headers; debating going cat-less, a Peugeot 604 intake and distributor, a Motorcraft 200 carburetor, and a few more little tweaks. Cams just aren't worth it for the cost to effort/gains ratio.

It'll be pushing around 210 HP; as opposed to the stock 130.

Boy, /hou/ sure is slow when half the members rekt themselves and there isn't another meet for a month.

I really can't think of any better names, but Orange Flames has a campy Initial D feel to it.

Kart and fuck this weekend? Ill bring the neon idc

Maybe it was supposed to happen like that. The 17th gives us enough time to recover from our wounds, we need Civic and GS400 back in the game.

>we need it to stop raining.

Fixed that for you. I may have a '66 Imperial for the next meet; not 100% sure.

I'd be up for a possible smaller, earlier meet. Really just want a reason to talk with car people.

That too. Meant to say we need to wait for the weather to stop being bipolar misery.

The people matter more than the circumstances of the meet, as has been proven twice over.

/hou/ deep sea fishing out of Galveston when?

Don't have any fishing gear.

When you charter a boat, they provide all the gear.

Fuck it, let's do a mini meet on the weekend. Let's roll again at Happy Teahouse, chill out there for a bit, talk shit about each others cars and then move out to Track 21. Alternatively there were some suggestions to go to Dave & Busters so if people want to do that we can also. We don't know how the weather will be but we didn't give a shit about that last time and it was fun. If civic user or any other person needs a ride, people are willing to give one. Heck even if someone wants just to chat about cars, why not. We can make big plans for the monthly meets but in the meantime mini meets are not a bad idea. Let's do this then, who's in?

I like it too, indeed a boy racer feel to it.

What will you do with your old engine?

I made the survey. Happy tea house won for a meeting location, and "an empty parking lot" won for an ending location. That said, second place on ending location was also happy tea house. So the start / end will be happy tea house.

The next form will have set options instead of a write your own, so this likely won't happen again.

Page 7 bump.

Bump. Anybody else wreck or blow up. They might come in threes

League City (other Camry user) here

They want $5k to replace the battery on it, as well as $2000 to do some other work on it. The thing is nearing 500k miles anyways, I'm thinking of just selling it. Currently looking at new cars, going to test drive Volvos today.

Fix the car yourself you knob.

My apartment won't allow me, and I don't have the tools to do so.

Plus with my busted ass and back, I'd get on the ground and never get back up. I planned to upgrade soon, since this car was my first car and my dad had already abused the fuck out of it before I got it.

get a volvo s60/v60

Looking at the S60 T6 and various other Volvo models today.

A bit more expensive than the rest of the cars I was looking at, but I could afford it.

If you don't have the tools to fix your own car, Veeky Forums isn't the place for you.

I just moved out and back with my parents.

Even if I could fix my own car I wouldn't be able to. I'm currently at physical therapy because I can't do much of anything but lay on my stomach.

>le go back 2 rebbit maymay
I've lurked here for years, and you won't catch me dead on Reddit. Veeky Forums is full of /int/-tier shitpostinf especially now that it's nearing summer.

Fix the car yourself or leave. Your kind aren't wanted here.

this is probably some guy who doesn't even live here or go to meets don't worry camry user

He was going to show but the busses were running late

I planned on going to the last meet, but I was too butthurt.

I wouldn't even fucking trust Houston's public transit.

5k for a battery change? Is it a hybrid? I feel like I missed something.

ah.. kids these days.. trying too hard

Yeah, it's a 2007 Camry Hybrid

Ah. Ya I don't think that's something you could do yourself even if you wanted to. I wouldn't attempt it anyways.

I like the name too. Kind of has an old school bowling team/club feel.

Yes I said bowling.

I will retain the heads/cams and get them worked and installed. Will do it locally as ttc performance parts wants $6300 for the way I want them. I need money for an ecu if I do the heads so 6300 is a no go. The rest of it will probably be for sale or scrap depending on what I see when I take off the heads

Is there any room here for a normie with an A3, or will you all laugh at me when I show up?

We have like two different Camryanons and we used to have a Civicanon before he ded'd himself.

Nobody here has any room for laughing at one another. For the most part we drive shitboxes or normiemobiles. Besides the dude with the Excalibur and Spoderstang, pretty much everyone drives some sort of shitbox.

kek, I almost bought a Camry, but I got an Audi for the same price.

>Excalibur and Spoderstang
The what now?

You know, those really well made replicas of prewar Benzes. The ones that are actually worth something instead of being trash.

>everyone drives some sort of shitbox
>tfw that's entirely true

One of these things.

This car, to be exact. My DeLorean is also a shitbox and is currently unusable until I finish the 5-speed swap.

U P D A T E

im ditching my neo and getting an aem fic8 and taking it to d3 and getting it and the nitrous tuned probably week after next.

Of course the door will be replaced and painted. The blemish on the fender lip and front passenger door will wait till later

I take offense to that, I do drive a shit box.

Damn dude make up your mind lol

By Excalibur standards, mine is a shitbox; a $25,000.00 shitbox.

We're all shitboxes now...

Im just gonna stay na. When the heads cam etc come on the nitrous will come off

You're not gonna keep a backup vehicle?

Can we add this to the /hou/ sticky, or OP, or something? This is like the fifth time someone's come out of the woodwork and asked the same exact question in almost the same exact way.

No one is going pre-judge you, it doesn't matter what the fuck you drive, what matters is the driver driving it. We're all equal here. You act like an asshole, get treated like an asshole, we don't care how expensive or cheap your shitbox is, that's not what the meet is about.

Stop stressing about it. There is no reason to be concerned about these things. Not here.

Maybe they are not really asking but more like introducing themselves to the group. I'm sure most of us will welcome newcomers no doubt, but sometimes saying "Will you accept me here?" is a way of saying hello.

yeah i guess that works

>n-notice me senpai

I have two cars the gs and a 2000 dodge neon.

I feel poor just looking at it.

whats the fastest you've taken a corner in it

You should only feel poor if you have one of those beetle-based kit cars.

The fit and finish on the car is incredible; though, for a car that cost $27,000.00 in 1978, it HAD to be.

70; the tires need more grip if I'm going to push it, as it's essentially a Corvette with a fancy body kit.

It has a lot of potential and is a competent carver and tourer.

Hey Dracula, I submitted your Cadillac to Bring a Trailer, and it got approved:

bringatrailer.com/2016/05/25/4k-daily-cruiser-sausalito-green-1971-cadillac-coupe-deville/

That's awesome; thank you, man. I owe you a drink, at least, at the next event.

neat

jack the price up

Put some 315s on all four corners and auto cross it.

Nah; that's not my style. I'm only selling it so that I can make space for the '66 Imperial that I'm buying, but I will hold pretty firm on the price.

>tfw saw pain management today
>tfw I might be able to attend the next meet with much less pain than normal

"The estimate by Caliber Collision to fix your car came in at $5,312.58. They totaled it because your car was valued at $4000."

Redditor here, am I welcome?

I drive a C5.

so how money monies are you getting? 4k?

Nice bait, get out. That's a C4.

The original user acknowledges it as a C4 as well: reddit.com/r/Corvette/comments/2hj87t/texas_corvette_owners_lets_talk_about_the_front/

I think he only had liability, so nothing.

>aem fic8
All are welcome. Just like cars in general.

>liability coverage so no payout
>insurance company still gets your car for free to put on the auction block

Beware the eternal Jew

Insurance is a fucking scam, but what the fuck can I do?

Nothing, brother. We're in the land of the free™.

I'm pretty sure that the insurance company can't take your car unless you have a policy with them.

*have a policy that pays out

What's AEM fic8?

An aem fic8 is a fuel injector controller for 8 cylinder cars. Used for tuning so you can get optimum a/f ratio at all rpms and all throttle loads

So what are we doing for the third meet? We had a lot of ideas suggested, but I don't think we agreed on anything.

Arcades? Street rally? Northern camping? Mad touge? Wangan time trials?

Throwing railroad spikes from overpasses.

I'm down.

if your vehicle is stock, is there any benefit to it than the stock ECU?