/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg

>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>TES:O?
Find or create a /tesog/ thread.

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

techtimes.com/articles/159142/20160517/bethesda-doesnt-want-you-to-see-footage-of-the-cancelled-elder-scrolls-oblivion-psp-game.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Morrowind post

Starting the thread off right, with butts. Just like /tesg/ was meant to be.

Shor post.

>this was leaked before e3 2016 dude, so far everything on the game list has come true
And everyone and their grandmother know Fallout 4 was coming, and that it was going to be set in Boston, since Fallout 3 and its DLC came out, and talked about The Commonwealth 10+ times.

Literally, the only thing on that list that wasn't common sense information was the name "project Greenheart" which is something anyone could easily make up.

waifus, lore, harmony

Keep old thread shit in old thread

>ywn see an emperor mudcrab annihilate hordes of daedra

Next TES will be in high rock and hammerfell.
Also no spear.
My dad is todd btw.

>Making a Necromancer deck in TES Legends and watching the opponent get assflustered as I heal whenever they kill one of my dozens of skeletons

This game can be pretty fun

>post from literally less then three minutes ago
>LEAVE OLD SHIT ALONE!
You assblasted I proved why the leak is bullshit?

Something that would be easy to guess would be mentioned at E3 since Bethesda filed a copyright request well in advance that could be publicly viewed.

>download the diaper lovers mod
>game crashes when I try putting one on her

That's a shame.

That's some nice flora

Keep old thread shit in old thread

Not that dude, but the person who posted the 'leak'.

I really don't care if you believe it or not. Its good speculation and at the end of the day fuels discussion about the nature of the bosmer.

fuck off pen

techtimes.com/articles/159142/20160517/bethesda-doesnt-want-you-to-see-footage-of-the-cancelled-elder-scrolls-oblivion-psp-game.htm

lmao

Its actually bad speculation

Good speculation would be talking about how Fallout 4 has an untextured scimitar in its game files, possibly hinting at Redguards, which would make sense as they would want to build off the Thu'um crazy from Skyrim, and how Hammerfell was so key in the Great War, as well as Skyrim mentioning another great War was coming.

You said everything on the list has come true though, did you mean to say that literally only fallout 4 had come true? If elder scrolls VI is on there then why isn't legends?

Legends isn't a Bethesda developed title. I wasn't who you were talking to though, that was my first post on the topic.

Is fallout: nuka world a bethesda developed title?

>Fallout 4 has an untextured scimitar in its game files
>Therefore Redguards

Not him, but BOTH Bethesdas were mentioned in that leak, and Bethesda the publisher is involved with Legends

Did you know Skyrim even has a scimitar WITH textures in the game? Hammerfell confirmed!

It's the biggest ass pull I've ever seen for the next TES. The likely outcome is the leftover Scimitar is from when they were porting TESV Skyrim over to their new engine. That is after all the reason we're even getting the Remaster.

>Literally the weapon used only by Redguards in Tamriel
>WHERE DID YOU GET REDGUARDS FROM!?
Learn MOAR LOAR

This shit is why I said to keep it in the old thread

Yeah, it's a FO4 expansion, of course it is

I specifically said developed for a reason. Being a publisher and a developer are two very different things.

if next game is not exotic valenwood and a return to form for the TES series, i'm gonna freak

fuck off m8

Well, "project boston" could have be part of the FO4 development and Fallout: Nuka World is the last DLC for it. The "Project ______" bits could easily be the names for the production/dev teams or codenames for what they're working on, like Blue Harvest.

>and a return to form for the TES series
We already had that, it was skyrim, which went back much closer to Morrowind after the abomination that was everything in Oblivion

>The "Project ______" bits could easily be the names for the production/dev teams or codenames for what they're working on, like Blue Harvest.

thats literally what they are dude

I want Valenwood so bad but I'm almost certain that the world will have to be watered down and disappointing. Hopefully there will be a mod like Verdant, only it adds shittons of trees in addition to grass.

>everything

The major problem with Oblivion was the decision to turn Cyrodiil into a standard fantasyland. The quests and gameplay are superior to Skyrim.

Any game taking place in Valenwood would be under the rule of the dominion which has banned shit like the cannibalism.

not to mention the walking tree city of Falenesti has been static since before the Oblivion crisis.

>yfw the Thalmor manufacture a dragonbreak and we end up playing in a burned down forest

And then Todd troll everyone and TES VI is set in akavir

>Oblivion gameplay
>or quests
>superior to anything
god no

>dragonbreak in TES
pls no

Side quests, if done the way they intended, are fucking fantastic.

>the rule of the dominion which has banned shit like the cannibalism.

if you dont think the dominion wouldnt weaponize the wild hunt u got another thing cummin

>wishing for hypothetical mods to come out for a hypothetical game that you're hypothesizing how it will be before it even shows signs of existing

I dare you to play Oblivion and then return to Skyrim. Skyrim is dogshit in every way except visually.

the side quests were terrible, and the guild had a mountain of problems that make Skyrims College of winterhold questline being short look minor in comparison.

Bruh that would be pretty sweet

The very fact that it had guilds makes it superior to Skyrim.

>I dare you to play Oblivion and then return to Skyrim
I did just last month actually, and it only made me appreciate the gameplay changes Skyrim made even more.

IF the next TES is in Valenwood, I can guarantee you its "wilderness" will look like vanilla Falkreath because consoles. You know it too, Bethesda's nothing if not predictable.

I don't believe you. If you think the perk system is good, you need to seriously rethink your current lifestyle.

They're both shit actually.

Nah, it's merely almost certainly what they are, if that memo is real.

I also don't trust this sort of thing as far as I can throw it and throw it I shall!

>implying they have the power to
The hunt was a literal pillage across nations, thalmor can't do SHIT to the bosmer.

Perks enable two characters with the same weapon of the same skill levels across the board to be different in what it can actually do. The idea of perks, or we may as well call them feats at this point because the word "Perk" was chosen because COD Kiddies know what those are and helps them get the gist, enable a stringer sense of progression than just bigger numbers and allows for more complex character planning.

>wild hunt
Welp, Bethesda rips off Witcher, again

>Weaponize the Wild Hunt

How? The monsters hunt and kill indiscriminately and are absurdly powerful.

There's a reason it's only ever done out of desperation.

Perfectly acceptable.

Its better then the shitstain we got in Oblivion.

Oblivion was as fundamentally broken as Fallout 3
>The 1-100 skill system in an action RPG only resulted in actual increases to your character being spread over such a large range that each point meant nothing, and it was very possible to raise you skill anywhere from 20-25 points before noticing even the slightest increase.
>This was made worse by the 1-100 attribute system, which did many of the same things skills did, only further reducing the amount per point one got since the devs had to split total possible power between two 1-100 system.
>Attribute increases on shit like magicka were so small one could go from 80 to 100 INT and only gain enough magicka to cast 1 medium level spell.
>All perks from skills were forced, meaning everyone who got that skill to 100 played exactly the same.
>Level scaling was the worst its ever been
>Dungeons were nothing but room after room with basically no clutter except a few broken chairs/tables and maybe a chest, old fort contained nothing that would actually make a functioning fort.
>Birthsigns were still as broken and poorly balanced as ever

Skyrim on the other hand
>Converted the 1-100 skill increases into 5 +20% perks, which offered actual significant character power increases.
>the removal of attributes meant shit was no longer weakened by multiple redundant systems, allowing the devs to add more to those +20% perks then one got from 20 skill levels since they could combine the increases of both the skills and attributes.
>The removal off attributes also allowed us to directly upgrade our primary stats of HP/Magicka/Stam, allow for far greater ranges between characters them before.
>Perks now became optional things that one could pick, allowing multiple swordsman characters to actually play differently compared to Oblivion
>The level scaling was so much better many of the big Oblivion modders said they didn't feel like it needed anything like OOO

>pillage across nations

what better than a mindless vanguard to do your dirty work. if the thalmor are nazis, what is a blitzkrieg?

Skyrim had guilds, retard.

(cont)
>Dungeons were far more detailed and believable, with old ruined forts and towns actually containing the rooms and workshops needed to have made them functioning before they became ruined.
>Birthsigns got axed, removing the metagaming aspect they enforced, and moved to standing stones, which did most of the game things in a far more balanced way

>if the thalmor are nazis, what is a blitzkrieg?
It would be more like if they let the Russians carry out the blitzkrieg operations.

I wouldn't mind TESVI to be set in Akavir or maybe a new place not yet set in the lore, a new land. I just want VI to have Sloads.

*1 guild

>bosmer are russians

>Implying damage buff perks are good game design

How about you simply make X weapon deal Z damage, and don't have enemies scale with your level.

Skyrim also objectively has more base creatures, and more creature variations, then Oblivion did.

>forced werewolf
>mages without magic
>murdering thieves
Only guild that actually mattered to their supposed skills was dark brotherhood

on hold until i get better images of those missing

Skyrim has one guild.

No, wild hunt bosmer are Russians. Big fucking difference.

wild hunt bosmer are slavs

Too bad they were just namechanges and skill swaps

>How about you simply make X weapon deal Z damage
Because this isn't 1992 anymore and everyone hated accuracy based skill systems so much in Morrowind that Bethesda, and near every other RPG developer, switched to +damage skill systems since more people found that acceptable, and it resulted in basically the exact same thing either way.

>and don't have enemies scale with your level.
Because that just creates an MMO style game world where you can only do everything in one certain order because
>MUH LEVEL GATES!
Lack of scailing makes sense in something like Pillars of Eternity where there is basically only one order you can play the game in, but in an open world game it doesn't make much sense.

in short, you're glad skyrim is an action adventure game rather than an rpg

oblivion may not be a functioning rpg, but its still an rpg

Niko has a new waifu.
You need to shift EVERYONE under his waifus over a spot to keep the continuity.
>on hold until i get better images of those missing
So all the ones you have currently are good enough images?

>Thieves that don't even steal
>Just internal politics and draugr slogs

Why the fuck would anyone join that guild.

>in short, you're glad skyrim is an action adventure game rather than an rpg
But it is an RPG.

1-100 skill/attribute systems are not the only way to do RPGs ya know?

Hell, even morrowind thieves guild was political especially with the bal molagmer quests, but at least that was still fucking stealing

I find it funny people say this when you objectively have to do more stealing based missions to actually be named grandmaster of the guild then you did in Oblivion.

>THE WORLD SHOULD BE OPEN TO THE PLAYER AT ALL TIMES

Lmao even Bethesda disagreed with you on this faggot. Fallout 4 starts dropping Deathclaws when you trail from the centre of the map, essentially level locking those areas off.

Most RPGs have the common sense to be a 1-10 system, not 100s and 100s.

>he likes level scaling

No "the best" but the ones with the right size. Many waifushots are full body shots and i cant use them, and 90% of the images in the booru or the roster imgur are useless since they are too small.

>all these autistic grandpas who hate change and development
BACK IN MY DAY HURF HARUMPH

>THE WORLD SHOULD BE OPEN TO THE PLAYER AT ALL TIMES
>Lmao even Bethesda disagreed with you on this faggot. Fallout 4 starts dropping Deathclaws when you trail from the centre of the map, essentially level locking those areas off.
A. That wasn't my argument
B. skyrim did the same were dungeons higher up in the mountains had higher minimum levels then those in the valleys. They all still scaled up.

>Most RPGs have the common sense to be a 1-10 system
That just has its own idiotic problems such as being so small of a range that devs have to basically make upgrading it non existent or else you just easily end up maxed in everything ala Fo3/.NV

They're basically just saying morrowind is the best tes and is OBJECTIVELY better than oblivion and skyrim
This is true because I said so and used the word "objectively" and caps

You'll probably have to make the rounds and ping everyone on their tumblrs, steams, etc. asking for facepics.

Literally not how it works in any good RPG, because they had the common sense to keep classes which means you can only max out abilities within your chosen class.

>B-but classes are dumb!

No, they aren't. They allow the developer to confine abilities and balance them appropriately so they're fun and engaging at all levels. When you gut classes, you end up with the God King Master of Fucking Everything except certain shit sucks ass (Magic) like in Skyrim.

yeah probably

Some, like haar, provided.
Niko said on steam he does it too but didnt deliver cuz hes a fagit

What size do you need?

like this.
Resolution has to be at least 1080p

>because they had the common sense to keep classes
Classes themselves are idiotic as thats not how anything fucking works in an even halfway realistic way, especially in TES where everyone is magic, and most of the oldest living mages are also master swordsmen and heavy armor wearers like Fyr.

>No, they aren't
Except they are, for the very reasons above as well as the reasons you listed, ironically enough.

Next you will be arguing that
>Can't wear hat until level 15
game design is good also

Yeah, but people join the thieves guild to thieve. To get to the actual stealing, you have to do a bunch of stuff and story that ISN'T stealing.

The Theives guild was never an roginzation about JUST stealing shit though, outside of Oblivion's lore breaking idiocy.

They were always about gang wars, drug dealing, background politics, shit in Daggerfall and Morrowind.

Skyrim actually went closer to how they always were in lore

Classes are a vestigial element of pen and paper RPGs where you want players to be balanced against each other and have a particular role in a party. They make no sense in a single player game.

The same quest in a different house is still the same quest.

Honestly what's even the point of achieving CHIM?

>gain an understanding of the fundamental forces of the universe
>no point in using it because your life is literally just a game regardless of how much you abuse your new reality warping powers

>a quest ro rob shit from someones house is the same as every other quest to rob shit from someone's house because they both involve the same thing!
I love this total backwards logic.