What's the longest amount of time you should go without an oil change if you only drive about 2,000 miles a year?

What's the longest amount of time you should go without an oil change if you only drive about 2,000 miles a year?

Change it 2 times a yr if your drive times are longer than 15 mins on average. If you dont there might be fuel in the oil. change it every 4 months at least.

Every 6 months

year. you should also take the car on a spin around the block at least once a month

Good job spending money pointlessly

YES YES YES!!

every 6000 miles, so every 3 years

If you have ever read an owner's manual for any car, it says to change your oil more for frequent trips of 5 miles of less in length. Yes you put less actual mileage on the engine but that's not the point.

If it's a vintage cast block probably once every two years. If it's a newer engine, once every 8 months to a year.

Didnt for 5 years. Shitbox runs perfectly.
Hell, you just reminded me that I have to refill

2000 miles because you store it for winter and only drive it on warm summer weekends?

Or 2000 miles because you drive it 5 miles to work every day in city traffic?

Kek

>good job spending money pointlessly
you only spend about 30$ everytime you do it if you do it yourself. you probably go to a shop to change your own oil huh sperg?

This. My car changes its own oil

I miss my old shitbox, it burned oil so fast the filter never needed changing. Of course try keeping a modern car on the road today with that much oil burning. All the emissions shit, EGR, Catalyst shit, would instafail emissions even if you put new O2 sensors, cats and shit in it before getting tested.
Fuck the EPA, fuck emissions.

6 months or ~10-15000 km's

i take mine to the shop in the spring and fall and get the oil and tires switched at the same time

it's $40 and takes 20 minutes

Stupid fucking Kia soul just got its first oil change at 27k miles. I'm a bad owner.

i bet you work for a dealer or workshop.

>used some special oil
>all the gasket gets sealed
>no more oil burning
>tfw didn't have to rebuild

This.

Oil should be changed every 6 months irrelevant of mileage if the car just sits there.

Naa it's just a Kia. Nothing I'll ever stumble upon for sale.

Ignorance: The post

>oil goes out of date
mate it's been in the ground for a million years what makes you think it will suddenly go off now it's in your car

>being this retarded

>What's the longest amount of time you should go without an oil change if you only drive about 2,000 miles a year?

Take a look at the previous Veeky Forums oil thread and the links to info sites about motor oils. As for your low mileage car, you should change oil at least once per year if your driving times are UNDER 20 minutes. That's because it takes time for all the oil to get up to a high temperature. It then takes additional time for the hot oil to boil off the volatiles such as fuel and water. If you constantly use the car on short trips without any long ones, the oil will get diluted by that stuff because it never boils off.

Since you do get 2000 miles per year, you car's seals should be just fine. It's those cars that sit there for months at a time that might have the seal deform to the position of a slightly crooked or worn part. Then when you use the car, the deformed seal will leak.>Didnt for 5 years. Shitbox runs perfectly.
>My car changes its own oil

Even though you keep putting in fresh oil for the past five years because it consumers oil at a good rate, the oil filter still needs to be replaced.

What do you do that you only drive 2K miles a year? I drive 1K a month

I have not changed my oil in the last 3 years

One year.

Once a year (or 10k miles) is fine for any car. Everything else is a simple waste of money.
Synth or half. Don't know about raw.

>$30
Enjoy your crap oil and shit filters. I spend about $60 every oil change for Mobil1 5w20 and a Bosch filter.

Kek I drive 2k a month

I drive about 5k or so per year, change oil three-four times usually.

>mobil1

fucking why? its not a race car. once a year is fine. 6 months if you hoon from time to time.