open 173.199.103.120:23000

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/232090/discussions/0/360672047209736154/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a l i v e

someone give me a rundown of today's stream please

>opt in beta tomorrow if all goes well
>demo gets pewpew rifle with GL
>SWAT is in (mp7, mp5, p90, Kriss, flashbang)
>Riot shield is being worked on for a later date
>more large zeds on higher difficulties
>albino crawlers and alpha clots
>chance of SC spawning on early waves
>some new animations and sounds and effects for players and zeds alike
that's what i remember

I'm anticipating this update, mainly because some perks might be unfucked now

Oh and Support can now repair broken doors. We almost KF1 now.

>While you have body armor, you only take Health damage from sonic attacks...
Isn't this a bad thing?

no

The only thing I don't like is the new Medic, everything else sounds pretty great, really excited for it
SWAT is a bit underwhelming though, I expected more

>10th class isn't martial artist, katana going to berserker in the update
wew lads
why the fuck did they even keep it as non-perk weapon for so long

also random starting spawns

>During Zed time, you move in real-time and have massive knockdown power when you run into a Zed.

Holy fuck. Imagine being totally pinned by nasties, getting zed time, then just plowing the fuck through the horde like a fucking train.

>M4 203 can be used with the RPG
>Hans can also dodge stuff now, also looked like it had lower HP

I don't remember how much attacks penetrates normally. I was thinking at pre wave 5 that perk would only make you wear your armor faster than necessary, making the perk just an extra expense. But i can definitely see how it's good against FPs and such.

So, Hans new evasion moves, he's just teleporting, or what? Hard to see.

So the FN P90 is out tomorrow with SWAT right? That's the thing I've been waiting ~2 years for.

yes, with red-dot sight

now all i need is FN FAL

This game is still updated and played? Thought it died in early access hell. Surprised to see it still around.

yes
>That's the thing I've been waiting ~2 years for.
but, damn, you need to brace for disappointment because that thing does not look especially interesting

If it's highly mobile, I can't care about the damage too much.

Large update tomorrow so yeah it's still getting updated. There's 1 more class coming out after SWAT and more maps coming as well.

The game lost of a lot of players when the devs took too long to add "new" stuff to the game. Basically it has taken too long for people to stay interested, but there's always an influx of players with every update. It's starting to come together nicely now.

See Use tactical movement and you'll scoot around like a madman in no time.

>the zeds from Versus mode will also have a chance of spawning as buffed versions of normal enemies on Suicidal and HoE
>so far only the (normal) Clot, Crawler, and Bloat have alpha versions
>Hans can block and evade attacks
>Support's armor backpack gives 20 armor
>Commando's weapons had their sounds changed
>running animations were tweaked
>zed voices are being worked on, there are some of them in the new update already
>the Fleshpound and Bloat have "new sounds," not sure if that's just new sounds or voice lines

>SWAT's bonus XP is gained by killing Clots
>gets 30% perk damage bonus at max level
>gets 100% damage resistance (immunity) to bullet damage at max level
>gets 25% increased magazine size at max level
>player spawns will be randomizedso they don't always spawn in the same place
>MP7 is the starting weapon, then MP5 at tier 2, then P90 at tier 3, then the Kriss at tier 4
>Kriss weighs 6, MP5 weighs 4, P90 weighs 5, so you can carry them all at the same time
>there is a chance that Scrakes can spawn on wave 2
>SWAT has a fuckton of ammo
>Siren screams go straight through SWAT's armor even with the perk on
>the flashbang is able to stun Fleshpounds(?)

Twitch VOD for anyone who missed it
/tripwireinteractive/v/82866875

and for those who just want a summary

steamcommunity.com/app/232090/discussions/0/360672047209736154/

Cool, I didn't mind "Stalker" in Modern Warfare 3, so that was what I was gonna pick anyway despite the armor being the obvious better solution. Being able to ADS constantly and zip around with the SMG's is my jam.

Awww... no iron sight option? :( I use iron sights on all guns.

I feel like Tactical Movement and Close Combat Training should switch spots. Because otherwise TM literally would never get selected by anyone.

>If it's highly mobile
it's basically not
equipped weapon, other than melees for berserker, don't affect movespeed in kf2
inventory weight affects movespeed, but only a bit, and p90 isn't particularly light, heavier than gunslinger's tier 3
SWAT has a shit skill to move regular speed when crouched or aiming, but nothing for moving faster than usual

There's no weapon customization. You'll have to live with the red dots.

>option
i don't think any weapons in kf2 have sight options

I prefer iron sights as well. If you spam the devs enough maybe they'll add options for it down the line, but i doubt it'll happen any time soon. MP5 has iron sights though, and it's looking sweet.

putting it up against tactical reload probably wouldn't be any better

He uses his jetpack thing

Anyone got webms of the new guns yet?

rapid assault sounds like a superior version of some existing zed time skills, unless they changed the old zed time skills too

>there is a chance that Scrakes can spawn on wave 2
seems like a shit idea

Who /stoked/ here?

>he thinks good things will happen

I'm a little excited, but not much more than that.

>My man Support is back
I can't wait

Are they fixing what they did to the DB?

Pure combat medics report in

The hour is upon us.

I'm actually so hyped for that skill.
I actually think the other skill is the way better choice, but this just sounds so much more fun.

>Surrounded by grubs everywhere
>Suddenly zed time
>THRASHBALL MODE ACTIVATE

THE COLE TRAIN
RUNS ON WHOLE GRAIN
BABY
WHOOOOOOH

Guy who uninstalled after the resistances crap here, have they removed them or at least heavily changed them since then? I don't need exact numbers, just a yes or no is fine.

I'm asking for spoonfeeding, I know, but I don't want to go through the news on Steam with the way Yoshiro writes

Yes, only Bloats are tanky now
And it actually made killing SCs and FPs easier.

>have they removed them
Nope.
>or at least heavily changed them
Kinda.

is KF2 saved?

That's good enough to me. Thanks guys, I'll download the game again to give it another try hearing this.

Almost everything with the resistances were reverted back. Pistol still feels weak against everything that isn't a crawler and cyst, gorefasts have higher head hp and bloats are insanely tanky. The shitty incap system is still in, so the old fun combos mostly don't work anymore.

The lesser aspects of the Resists still remain, but the old bullshit like:
>Crawlers having 70% fire damage resist
>Sirens surviving Pulv explosive hits
>Cysts surviving Zwei heavy hits
No longer exists.

Basically everything that made the game unbearable is gone.

>Katana moved to Zerk
>Katana now gets all of Zerk's buffs

Is it time for the anime uprising?

If they buff the damage just slightly it'll probably be on par with the pulverizer.

Ninja class never

>Lightning fast Katana for trash
>Pulv for business
It'll be like the old days again, if only we had the Hand Axe

PLEASE PLAY WITH ME, FILIAPOSTER

Yes!

Did they say anything about offperk weapons getting perk bonuses for using the same type of arsenal? Like Support using Trench Gun or Commando using Medic AR.

Not a thing right now, but maybe later

So, is KF2 saved?

So what will MA be now?
Electric+Freeze weapons?

No. When they fully get rid of resistances and knockback we can start discussing that.

Hasnt knockback been pretty much reduced to big guys know? Seems more than reasonable that a scrake can slap you a couple meters out of his face

Some attacks still do but it's not as common as before, mostly "heavy" Zed attacks

Guess i've been lucky enough to dodge those

I doubt it will even be Martial Artist. They're not even referring to it by name anymore, they're just saying the 10th perk "isn't what we think it is."
So I'm inclined to believe it will be a new perk altogether. And I've got a pretty decent lead on what it might be.
Remember that so far all the new perks have just been splits from the old ones.
KF1 Medic became KF2 Medic and SWAT.
KF1 Sharpshooter became KF2 Sharpshooter and Gunslinger.
KF1 Berserker was going to be KF2 Berserker and Martial Artist before (presumably) they changed that, or it could possibly still be Martial Artist but it won't be based off of anything from KF1.

So that leaves us with 5 perks that they could split in two.
Commando is practically the same as its KF1 counterpart.
Support is practically the same aside from the lack of shotgun variety, but that will be addressed with post-release content.
Firebug is the same; that is to say, useless and a waste of space.
Demolitions lost its pipebombs and will presumably never get the M32 back. Pipebombs were replaced by C4 of course but they don't act nearly the same.
Toxic is an underused weapon type and they're trying to get Medic and Demolitions to make some use of it, but currently they're both pretty limited (Medic's toxic damage is utter trash, Nuke only works in zed time.)
So I'm inclined to believe Demolitions will be split in 2. Demolitions as we know it know will remain a single-fire, spike damage/low DPS damage dealer, while a new perk will be created that can fire multiple rounds at once and possibly lay down traps/explosives that blow up on their own.

So, my educated guess is that the perk will be something along the lines of a Trapkeeper.
It would probably be a support/damage dealer, like SWAT. It will get its damage done with DoT and has crowd control for zeds such as panic and knockdown. Its top tier will probably be a grenade launcher that shoots either mines or grenades with a toxic area of effect to them.

Furthermore, my "evidence" to support this is just trends.
KF1 Demo had 7 perk gun if you don't count pipebombs (because they're not really a gun.) Out of those 7, 4 had magazines, and 3 of them let you fire multiple explosives in a row without needing to reload.
KF2 Demo will have 5 weapons soon, of which only 1 has a magazine but doesn't let you fire multiple explosives in a row.

Pipebombs worked as a trap that blow up autonomously, while there's nothing in KF2 that blows up/deal damage "on its own" other than door traps. I might add I think that skill will also be moved to Trapkeeper eventually.
The Seal Squeal kind of worked as an explosive that stuck to walls. I'd imagine Trapkeeper's tier 3 would basically be an evolution of that; it shoots toxic grenades that blow up when zeds come close enough to it.

I'm not even sure why they would do Martial Artist when Berserker is nearly that. Just let Berserker have a tier in perks where they unequip weapons and have a benefit just punching Zeds in the face. BOOM, there's your Martial Artist class.

>fully get rid of resistances
KF2 has always had some resistances; and they were pretty much fine before bullseye overdid them.
To remove them all would be to just overdo it in the other direction, several of them do have good reason and should be kept.

>MA has been canceled
DAMMIT, NOW WHAT HAVE I GOT TO LOOK FORWARD TO AND GET DISAPPOINTED LATER BY?

Just revert the resistances to pre-"resistances"-resistances then.

and demo is back to having a "kick me at the final trader time" sign on his back

The final release?

They just have to tone it down on Gorefasts, Bloats and Sirens, maybe Crawlers

>Firebug is the same; that is to say, useless and a waste of space.
lying is a sin, user

Anyway, i think MA is out of the picture, but a trapper class sounds lame. Maybe a CBRN soldier class thing is what awaits us? Or a mix of that and some RA2 shit?

>Acid blaster
>Tesla gun
>Rad cannon
>Dirty bombs as grenades
>Shockwave gun

the final release is after this beta branch is done

>SWAT perk
>No Benelli Nova
>No shotguns at all
>no riot shield

>Source: my ass

do resource boosters increase the number of tracers you get? I think that would explain why I'm getting so many

And its a fine ass

>riot shield is being worked on
>what is support
calm down, anime

No pics no proof

Jesus Christ, do I need to make 50 asterisks for every tiny change that was actually good?
Okay, here we go:
Remove damage type Ballistic_Submachinegun or set it to x1.0 for all zeds except the Fleshpound who should have a x0.5 modifier to it.
Remove damage type Ballistic_AssaultRifle or set it to x1.0 for all zeds except the Fleshpound who should have a x0.5 modifier to it.
Remove damage type Ballistic_Rifle or set it to x1.0 for all zeds except the Fleshpound who should have a x0.5 modifier to it.
Remove damage type Ballistic_Handgun or set it to x1.0 for all zeds except the Fleshpound who should have a x0.5 modifier to it.
Remove damage type Ballistic_Shotgun or set it to x1.0 for all zeds except the Fleshpound who should have a x0.5 modifier.
Remove damage type Ballistic_Submachinegun or set it to x1.0 for all zeds except the Fleshpound who should have a x0.5 modifier.
Set Slashing, Slashing_Knife, Piercing, and Bludgeon to x1.0 for all zeds except the Fleshpound who should have a x0.5 modifier.
Set Fire to x1.0 for all zeds except the Husk and Fleshpound who should have a x0.1 and x0.5 modifier, respectively.
Set Microwave to x0.35 the Clots, Crawler, and Stalker, x1.0 for all other zeds.
Set Hans and Patriarch's resistances to x1.0 across the board except x0.1 Toxic for Hans and rebalance their HP/damage where needed.

>a trapper class sounds lame
So does a SWAT class that uses only SMGs and has recycled boring stat boosts with little to no unique abilities whatsoever, but that didn't stop Tripwire.
I'd rather have something boring and unique and different than a copypaste perk.
>CBRN soldier class thing is what awaits us?
I want to say "doesn't sound like it would fit the theme of the game" but that went out the window long ago.
I don't like the idea nonetheless.

Man you're no fun at all.

>MA is probably dead
I want my money back.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

>SWAT opt in beta TOMORROW >probably

?

oh fuck I just realized what thread I'm in, ooops

He's throwing dosh you doofus

Well its been fun seeing you again for a few hours /kfg/, i'll see you back in the grave by morning.

If you stay alive until the big probably beta tomorrow, maybe we'll have a reason to unironically play and keep this boat afloat.

forgive me father for my idiocy it has been many moons since I last played

I can't say I blame you, we need to adjust our memes

Yeah sorry about that, fork-chan. I should have said unless there's an unexpected problem

stay strong, stay tuned

yeah i was wondering what that was all about

>will never play on a ranked 64-player full server on meme maps with /kfg/

>Implying we even have 64 regulars

>/kf2g/ steam group has 720 people
>only ~10 people usually in group chat
>even less actually playing kf2
It's a bit optimistic but a lot more people will start playing for the opt-in or official update when people see the kf2 banner has changed again, just depends how long the hype will last or if people even bother to come back.
No one's going to play if they already have all perks maxed and achievements unlocked unless they like to play with pubs.