Sup Veeky Forums

sup Veeky Forums.

So today i took a right turn around a corner with a red light arrow and the camera took a picture of me.

Problem is, the car is unregistered to me because i bought it on Craigslist about a month ago.

What will happen?

Assholes like OP are why you always keep your plates when you sell a car. Californians are just fucked in this regard though.

How is the new owner supposed to drive the car home if you keep the plates though?

Drive home, and, if you get pulled over, show the title and bill of sale and explain the situation?

This isn't hard unless you're fucking autistic.

In my state you get it transfered the same day and drive it home/switch plates. Taking someone's plates home is illegal. If not very ill-advised

Texas lets you print out travel plates that hold you for three days so you can get the title transferred.

I've bought a few cars, motorcycles, and trailers here in TX from private sellers and not one of them has kept the plates. When I go to swap the registration over they ask, "Are the old plates still new or do you need new ones?" It costs more money to get new plates.

fuck me..

they ask, "Are the old plates still GOOD or do you need new ones?"

in CA, seller is required to report car sold and provide buyers info, so if seller has done that they will find you. You're also a faggot criminal OP

The camera took a photo of YOU driving the car, not the owner.
The owner would simply go to court and the judge would see it's not him at all inside the car, the case will be dismissed.
You have wasted his time tho, he needs to go to court now.

That just means they haven't been fucked by assholes like OP and learned their lesson yet

This
kinda a dick move OP

Ah, gotcha

I was just wondering because I'll be in the market for a used pickup truck soon and didn't know what I'd have to do if the owner kept their plates.

>bought a car a month ago
>still hasn't gotten the title in his name

Jesus, OP. How is that NOT the first fucking thing you do?

I bought a car off some dude in arizona and kept the AZ plates on it fur over a year, never got pulled over.
My volvo still has expired georgia plates on it lmao.

Because OP is one of those assholes that never planned on transferring the title. He'll use the car and rack up fines and violations for the prior owner to deal with until he can't use the car anymore for some reason and then sell it.

This. As long as the seller filled out a bill of sale you are fucked OP
see above, this is what BOS is for in states where you keep the plates

You are a shitty person.

First thing I do is call my insurance agent and get the vehicle put on my insurance policy before I even drive it home. The next business day I go and get the title/registration transferred over into my name.

>You are a shitty person.
Why?
Nothing bad can really come of it.
If I get pulled over it's my ticket.

Does your DMV (or equivalent government entity dealing with vehicle registration) not require you to get new in-state plates when you register a vehicle from out of state in your name or something?

The plates weren't in my name, they were the previous owner's plates.
It's totally illegal to drive around on expired out of state plates that aren't yours, but I did/do it anyways.

>provide buyers info

I didnt give him my info. So i guess ill pay the fine when i go to register it?

I have beaten red light tickets, plural, in GA before we got rid of them. The cameras never had my face. If they cannot prove it was you then they cannot fine you. Read your state law, the owner is not responsible for what their car does. You are not responsible for keeping a log of who was driving nor are you responsible for getting that person in a court room.

If you want to win.
1. Deny you did it.
2. Say you don't know who was driving.
3. Repeat those things.

The state has to prove it was you. Showing your car doing something isn't enough.

I am not a crazy freeman or sovereign citizen. Just stick to your story that it wasn't you and that you don't know who it was. Do not offer ideas about who it may have been. Say you don't know. Offer nothing to them. I beat 3 tickets with 3 judges this way. One of them threatened to lock me up for contempt but I stuck to my story and he went and read the law and came back and dismissed it. He would have given me a sweet fucking payday if he had locked me up. Stick to your story and don't be a bitch who cracks under pressure and you will win.

this

I'm CA I literally did nothing at all. Threw away the tickets they sent in the mail. Nothing bad ever came out of it.

Currently drivingwithout plates so I truly do not give a fuck about 5hese cameras

This is a moot point because the ticket is in the mail to the guy the pays being to. He'll be the one who has to go to court and tell this story except it'll be true.

Me again. Throwing them out was what a friend suggested and I thought it had some merit. Good to hear that worked bro. In GA they were treated as not quite a misdemeanor so in hindsight I don't think there would have been a bench warrant.