Tfw just discovered how to use cruise control in my car last night

>tfw just discovered how to use cruise control in my car last night
>got max 42 MPG on way home from work for 25 miles
>usually get ~27
>fuel gauge didn't even budge tonight

neat

btw i was doing 60 mph the entire drive on the interstate

Are you clinically retarded and allowed to drive a motor vehicle?

How is using cruise control something discoverable? Are you fucking stupid?

It's a fucking button, lever or whatnot. Saying stuff like that puts you on a level similar to chimps.

eh, not OP but my civic's cruise control is pretty finicky and it was a while before i decided to learn how to make it work properly.

I learned how to use the lever. I never bothered with it before. Took me a few rides around the neighborhood to master the skill of flipping the lever in either 4 directions.

Also how to use it. Never used CC before. It's a pretty nice feature

You people are fucking stupid. And this isn't a typical Veeky Forums mindless insult. You people are stupid.

No wonder society is fucked. People are fucking dumb and this is one of the many proof.

> doesn't know that my car is 20 years old and the cruise control and doesn't work exactly as intended anymore

Been driving since 1999
I have never ever used cruise control.
I don't even know if my car has it (probably not)

Now come the excuses. Then fucking fix it you nigger.

Which is it after all? You discovered CC and now you don't know if the car has it.

Fucking piece of shit. CC is one of the simplest things to use on a car and you come here and gloat as if you've discovered the cure for aids. You fucking aids ridden nigger. How will we ever advance if there are still walking cesspools like yourself embedded in this society.

>How will we ever advance

are you 12 years old?
lol

Then there's no hope for you kys

I'm not a fucking retard driving since 1999 that doesn't know how to operate a CC function.

excuses? Am I required to use cruise control all the time?

I don't drive long distances often enough so I never used it for the first few months after I got the car. Then I tried it a few times and if you press one of the buttons in a specific order the car will keep accelerating past the set speed until who knows what. I know how to avoid that, but I don't use the function often enough to need to fix it so why do you care?

You're required to know how basic functions of a vehicle operate. That goes both ways. On how to use it, if you intend to use it and how to turn it off in case of an accidental activation.

You're just pressing the button to accelerate you fucking retard.

I'd fucking punch you right in the teeth if you happened to be standing next time. I can't stand fucking pure stupidity like yours. And worse, people who take pride in being stupid. Fuck yourself.

lol this retard thinks user is one person

Neither am I you jewish nigger.

I was pointing out that you're a fucking retarded liberal who thinks our species can "advance" without mass genocide of the subhumans.

Gas the jews race war now

>look at me mum i can use cruise control!
who do you think you are, nigel mansell?
gtfo

>get 10mpg
>drive big block, straight piped muscle car and not a cuck mobile

Feels good.

I haven't said anything about killing of the mentally inferior. They're a reality, and they have has much right as any of us to be here. One thing though, their stupidity should be shunned at every opportunity and force them to either shut up, think twice about stuff or simple force them to get better and become a bit more intelligent. Festering stupidity and celebrating it does no good and only makes the best of us lose interest in sharing and speaking.

A proper human being that has at least a normal level of intelligence.

>You're just pressing the button to accelerate you fucking retard.

wut

No, if I quickly press the set speed button, it'll set the speed correctly, but if you hold it for just a bit too long, the car will keep accelerating without end

the accelerate button is separate, and goes up in increments of 1mph.

how about you stop assuming you know everything?

how are you getting a 15mpg increase using cruise control? I lose mpg with cruise control. Apparently you don't know what the fuck a tachometer is.

judging by how keen you were to make a big deal about your ability to use cruise control i doubt it
you can call me stupid a million times if it makes you feel good, water off a ducks back m8

does your commute have lots of hills?

You use torque and a blue tooth OBD adapter to look at your "Fuel Rate", find the sweet spot for acceleration and cursing.

I do 1.8Gal/hr on my Marauder @ 54mph which is ~30mpg. Gains of 10mpg against the EPA rating.

It will go up and down, having good throttle control helps, cruise control can only do so much.

not particularly in Texas. I was in an auto civic that would hunt for gears constantly at the slightest incline.

Actually thats just how the cruise control systems works.

You're pressing the reset button, that also works as a set button if you haven't set any previous speed since you turned the car on and which also works as an accelerate button. The set button works as set speed and deccelerate.

That's how fucking cruise control systems works. And then there are some which have even more controls, as you put it, to fine tune speed.

YOU FUCKING DUMB PRICK. GO KILL YOURSELF.

Stupid people being too stupid to realize their wrongdoing.

Keep being stupid you cunt.

You use fucking common sense to know that the spot where your car is going eat less fuel is at maximum torque. Since many have the maximum torque at non usable rpms in daily traffic, you usually drive a bit under or over, depending on engine and fuel and gearbox. It's not rocket science and anyone with half a brain can get it. Fucking idiot.

You don't use it properly. Every. Single. Time. I. Have. Hear. Someone. Say. CC. Takes. MPG. Every. Single. Time. The. Cunt. Was. Using. It. Wrong.

Ah, yes you're right. In my car, the set speed button is also the accelerate button (when a speed is set). However mine malfunctions as I mentioned, it's not supposed to keep accelerating endlessly. It's supposed to go up in 1mph increments, which only happens when I press it a specific way.

My mum and sister both have cruise control in their cars but no clue how to use it.

It's not as straightforward as you think. You don't just have to press the cruise button, you have to then press + to set the speed.
IMO it's not so intuitive

>press button to turn cruise ON
>press button to SET cruise speed

>not so intuitive

this must be bait, either that or your entire family is comprised of Mongoloids.

It explains how to operate the system in detail in the owner's manual you know?

>tfw my brand new 2016 shitbox doesn't have cruise control
>mfw I don't care

Agreed. This is Veeky Forums after all AND summer so I'm really not surprised.

>implying women open the owner's manual
Get a clue dickhead

> cruise control button : on
> push in set/decel/resume
> lift foot off gas pedal.

Those of you upset that user didnt realize they had cruise. I would like you to buy a used car from some one once in. Your life. Seriously tell me how to engage the cruise on a mid 90's Chevy truck. 94 or 95. Go ahead get in one without googling or any help and figure it out.

That's what the owner's manual is for dipshit. Do you not read through the owner's manual and familiarize yourself with all the unique systems and idiosyncrasies of every vehicle you purchase?

My car has both a limiter and CC, which I found out after accidentally pressing the limit button twice

it's fucking shit CC though, when you're doing 100 and resume CC set at 150 it'll go pedal to the metal to 150, not very pleasant

Most older cruise controls are like that, they've only recently (in the last 10 years or so) started to change that aspect of them.

Pretty sure you hit the button at the end of the turn signal stalk. To disengage you flip the switch on the end of the stalk to the right. At least that's how it is on my 95 Impala and I'm guessing it used the same system.

I have cruise control but it's not very good, so I rarely use it. Unless you were driving like a dummy I doubt it would help your fuel economy.

That's why you google when you buy the car kek. I think people are just ripping on OP because he didn't know how to use something in a car he had presumably owned for many years.

Agreed.

Not to mention how the fuck can you be so shit of a driver that cruise control doubles economy?

I bet he drives like the throttle is a button. On off on off on off

cruise control is horrible for gas mileage.

OP are you underage