The BMW M2

Does anyone here own one of these awesome cars? Does it drive as well as the critics actually say?

Also what the fuck BMW? Did you not anticipate the serious demand this vehicle would get? It's an actual M series car that's attainable by the average consumer. Every dealership I've called is a 2-3 years deep waiting list. One has 112 people on the waiting list and 20 had already put down the deposit and they hadn't even seen the car yet and most likely wouldn't for 9-12 months.

Other urls found in this thread:

f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1263410
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>buying a bmw after the e46, e39, e38, and m coupe
shiggy diggy.

drives fine

steering is dogshit, felt like I was pushing around a force feedback video game wheel

it's got everything you need to look smug at the office

>same curb weight as the M4

whats the fucking point

So I guess you don't like BMWs? I've never owned one is your opinion from actually owning one?

>$20,000 cheaper while having all the good parts of the M4 in a physically smaller body

that's why

It wouldn't be my daily driver most likely and would be a fun car to drive on the weekends and maybe some track time.

^ This

The M4 almost feels like luxury shoehorned into performance. The M2 is a drivers car period.

>fun car to drive on weekends

F-type, 4C, Cayman S

>track time

Atom, Cayman S

The point of the M2 is that it can double as a DD and it doesn't draw attention in traffic once you debadge it

if it's just a weekend or track car, get a cayman

what bothers me more is that both are 3500 for coupes. almost mustang territory.

I don't understand the hype..

.. and I'm a Bimmerfag.

>Reasonably priced for a ///M car
>Has all the good parts of the M4 (subframe/diff/brakes/suspension/hubs/transmission and a detuned version of the engine with one turbo less) without the unnecessary luxury bullshit, electronic dampening suspension, or pointless expensive bits like ceramic brakes or carbon fiber trunk.
>Smaller body, closer to a E36/46 in size. The M4 is almost the size of a E39.
>Seen as a successor to the 1M.

Really just smaller, lighter, and cheaper.

A lot of bimmerfags myself included got sick of BMW going away from building sports cars to trying to build high-tech luxury computers on wheels to compete with Audi and Mercedes (and Lexus too, less high-tech but more isolated boring luxury). Said pursuit of high tech and isolated luxury also had a side-effect of making the cars less reliable and more expensive.

Absolutely 100% this everyone I've spoken to tells me the M2 is the car everyone has been waiting for BMW to produce and they wonder why it took them so long to come around. Given the overwhelming demand and high ratings I expect this car to be around for a very long time as long as BMW doesn't start adding crap on and once again pricing out the average consumer.

I wonder if you could tune the engine and get M4 performance in a smaller lighter platform?

The F-Type, Cayman S and 4C all cost more than the M2 yet they perform the same/worse than the m2.
It's a turbo engine, of course it can be tuned
I'm pretty sure 400 hp with a remap is doable

>focus faster than the rustang

mind if i save this meme senpai?

>gimped engine

its all yours, friend.
Source
f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1263410