Is E85 good or just a meme?

Is E85 good or just a meme?

Its good but most people dont know about support modifications or the change to maintenance schedule and fuck the car goes tits up

this
it's a tuner's dream-fuel though, due to various nice properties of it, you can tune your engine for pretty crazy power without predetonation or overheating.
but
>its hard to find
>your gas mileage will go to shit

It also cloggs your engine with sugar if you dont change your oil every 5000kms and it builds up water if you dont start it for a while

[CITATION NEEDED]

e85 is fuel, it has nothing to do with engine oil.

It's fantastic. But your car needs to be designed to support it or you need a good conversion kit. E85 eats through most fuel lines and fuel pumps over time, so it's not something you just put in and bam, instantly better. E85 is corrosive, which a lot of people don't understand.

A lot of older cars have problems with any gasoline with more than 10% of ethanol, so again, conversion is needed.

> predetonation

you mean pre-ignition?

> what is piston ring blow by

Why do you think you change oil in the first place?

because fuel contaminates it you jackass.

That's one of the wear mechanisms of oil, there are many however.

It's good tuners/ruiners, benchracers, and pic related.

Rebuilding your DD to E85 is retarded.

>good
good FOR

Meme for DD's, especially now that the prices are so close. You lose something like 30% of your MPG over gasoline when using E85.

It's good for performance and lower emissions. It's not good for fuel mileage or (if your car isn't built for it) your fuel system.
It's not for hypermilers, and if your car isn't built for it, you will destroy your fuel system over time using it.

E85 costs more to produce, but is heavily subsidized by the government. You're a commie if you buy E85.

*tips fedora*

>not wanting hectic gains in your DD for saving the planet.

It's a good fuel for high performance applications, it's not a good fuel for getting range out of a given tank. Heavily subsidising a renewable fuel has it's pros and cons.

I know you're being facetious but by far my least favorite part of the e85 ignorance is the presupposition it's somehow a more ecologically responsible fuel than gasoline.

It totally could be, but the way it's produced in america is a far cry from the green potential e85 has.

It's good for performance but shit for everything else. It's corporate welfare for mega farms that lobbied the government to have it required in most types of gas. (in the us). It made corn more valuable so the leftovers that go to feed farm animals cost more so now meat costs more.

My citation is real world experience. Ever wonder why diesel oil is so goddamn black and sooty when you drain it as opposed to the oil of a car that runs on LPG that looks like brand new? Its the carbon content of the fuel. E85 has sugars in it, its just a characteristic of ethanol. If youve seen those cars that dont change their oil for 50,000kms and they have the sludge shit built up in the rocker cover, if the car has been running on ethanol that shit is sugars and it rots the internals worse. Ive actually got some from a job i show customers that run ethanol without knowing the potential hazards

I wish regular gas was that cheap

But these faggots are getting banned from forums for over-the-top (and frankly idiotic) claims.

i get a max of 7mpg when i use e85

my milage is so bad on it but the exhaust smells so good

oh hey, they have a BEER CAVE