Hatch vs Bike

Which is more fun on a budget - hot hatch or motorcycle?

>$10,000 car
>$1000 bike

and motorcycles are still more fun. A """""""hot hatch"""""""" is just another car

For me personally - I've already got a fairly high performance vehicle, but I want something under 5k to turn a wrench on.

Thinking a mini s/focus st/golf gti or gs500/sv650/cb500 - what do you guys think?

>opinion
hmmm I would say a hot hatch would be more fun but I've never ridden a motorcycle. a quad yes but bike no

A motorcycle will always give you more perform per dollar than any vehicle. Now, can you handle riding? That's another story. Riding is a whole new world and isn't for everyone. Take your local MSF course to get a taste of what it's like.

Buy both

Out of your bike choices I'd recommend an sv650. Popular among track enthusiasts so there are plenty of mods available. Slap on some gsxr front end on it and you'll be golden.

sv650's are really nice, but sorta at the top end of what I'm looking to spend (if i get a motorcycle). Also there are a bunch on the market with fairings, and I much prefer the naked aesthetics.

Anyone do track days with both kinds of vehicles? Which do you prefer?

If you're not terrified of death, probably the motorcycle.

Otherwise hot hatch.

I have 2 motorcycles a hot hatch and a tractor.

Life is great.

death is fine. slightly terrified of serious injury.

>not owning both

lmao@you

>to turn a wrench on
Motorcycle for sure, they need plenty of attention to keep running in top form.

>owning both but they're both slow as fuck

>caring about speed

>op wants fun
>suggest a metro or rebel 250
Those are both supremely economical and highly reliable, but not exactly thrilling. (The Rebel gets a pass to some degree, a motorcycle can only be so boring)

On cheap, fun hatchbacks:

What is the cheapest AWD hatch on the market?

I've looked at golf R's and impreza WRX's, but those are a little pricey for what I'm looking for.

The impreza base is a little under powered, but maybe it could be tuned up?

Seems like a weird comparison. Motorcycle will give you WAY more performance for your dollar. I find riding much more enjoyable than driving but it really comes down to do you enjoy riding and can you handle the elements and what not.

>quad
Quads don't really perform anything like that bikes. Speed, handling or otherwise. It's a totally different experience.

Motorcycle will always be fun, doesn't even matter how shitty the bike is.

I love my 636 and find it way more fun than any hot hatch which I've driven almost every one sold in Canada. I only get to ride 5-7 months of the year but it's definitely worth it.
>daily commute infinitely better
>long trips are fun as hell (3 hours is the longest I've done on a bike and it was harsh but way better than in a car)
>develop a new skill
>women absolutely love them
>cheap as dirt to run depending on what you buy and how you ride
>instant smiles when you grab the throttle and just start flying

There really aren't any cons to riding except you may get in an accident but hey? That's what being alive is about

get a motorcycle and a not hot hatch

Definitely the bike, You could spend $2000 on a dual sport and have the time of your life exploring random shit. or spend $3000 and get something like a ninja 300, fun kinda fast and easy beginner bike that can keep up with higher cc bikes.

What bike is this?

i know its honda.

GS500's are shit, get an SV650 or Bandit 650 instead.

Used Subaru Justy

do you mean the 84-94 subaru product or the later rebadged stuff?

It's a Honda Grom I think. Teensy tiny babby engine, good first bike in Britistan or euroland countries where they restrict CC's and HP for first bikes. It wouldn't make my list for first bike choices here in the US though.

jesus christ goober change those indicators!

this
the only people who would deny this are people who are too afraid to ride or have never tried it.
>dat feeling of leaning into a corner.

you can get a new bike for the price of a used hot hatch.

the bike significantly more fun and better mpg.

the hatch is safer and more useful.

GS500
S

if you have no car, then buy a $1000 pile that you can drive when its freezing, raining, need to do shopping, and if its got a/c, when its blazing hot. then you can ride your bike the other days.

grom

This seems to be about the most concise form of my opinion and the general Veeky Forums consensus.
I think im gonna go with the cheap dangerous fun and get a bike.
3rd vehicle will probably be some kind of truck a while from now for utility - more than you can get with a hatchback

Americans say grom, its an msx125

If you enjoy life and like turning, get the car.
Enjoy straight line speed and constant paranoia on the road, bike.

>slow cuck wagon vs high test speed machine
How is that even a question?

Yeah that

The gs500 is a breddy fun bike, Its one of those things that are cheap and technically shitty but you can really run them through some real shit.

holy shit what kinda fucking question is that. of course the bike, jesus christ.

>bikers usually drive cars AND ride bikes, they ll agree that bikes are more fun
>car drivers dont ride bikes, say that cars are more fun

gee fucking whizz i wonder which opinion holds more value

>"ive never ridden a bike" - the post

Only cucks drive hatches.

>fastest mode of wheeled transport/dollar
>highest of high end models less than 30k brand new
>rawest form of motoring

Vs

>slow compromise

I think both of those choices are pretty cheap

>GS500

Always wins.

Cheap AWD hatch? Your best bets would probably be the old R32 Golf or an older Impreza wagon.

Unless you drove an 08' WRX (heaviest w/ lower hp) and you find them immediately underpowered Im guessing you want something modified.

The older Imprezas are lighter and you can buy turbo EJ20's and 25's online. WRX's in the rest of the world had higher strung EJ20's than we ever got stateside so there's that.

Old R32's are chubby but can make good power when done right.

If you need cheaper look at a first gen eclipse or galant vr-4 but good luck finding a clean one.