/blaz/ BlazBlue General

Previous thread: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction out in Japanese arcades with Nine and Izanami playable.
- Console release will be in autumn in Japan and in winter in the US with Es playable.
- XBlaze Code Embryo and CPEX out on Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/421610
store.steampowered.com/app/388750
- XBlaze Lost Memories will be released on Steam on the 11th of August:
store.steampowered.com/app/438940
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, has started being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/g3XuzXVj (embed)
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
- Steam/Skype Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/BlazBuru
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/EupJUZnx (embed)
- Blazblue Music
mega.nz/#!ERZFAZwJ!Os0KzK4EDU0kXl_f74sdkKO1gRlANjeHs5uGStIH0vg
mega.nz/#F!PQAmiDpY!yOAWI8ZfzJX99bLOR4r5XA
-DS3 Installation Information
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/blob/master/README.md#installation-how-to

/blaz/ CMV: youtube.com/watch?v=e6vRn_Kz8t

Other urls found in this thread:

blazblue.jp/buluraji/
youtube.com/watch?v=u1OlXHEL8Io
youtube.com/watch?v=wriuJZN2T5M
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Onslaught
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/SUSANOOH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

xth for Taokaka

Confirmed playable.

saori will be on the next raji but as kaede takagaki from idolmaster cinderella girls

Bang!

Ragna's hips are surprisingly wide. Not child-birthing wide, but a little wider than you'd expect.

Maybe it's because his waist is so thin.

6th For Izzy!

The hell is a raji and why should I give a damn? Whose Saori?

Bururaji is a show where Ragna, Noel, and Tsubaki's VA promote material for ASW and talk to various guests and such. This time around, the VA for Mai is going to be in the show.

Fuck. I know it's inevitable, but the moment Mai's confirmed, the maifags are gonna be insufferable. And then it's gonna turn into a shitfest when the maihaters retaliate by shitting on her even more.

I wish I could see into the future so i can know if she's in or not. I want to brace myself

Let's really think about it logically. There's no point to Variable Heart unless they were planning on adding her in. Mori even dictated certain details about her character design as well.

I don't like it, but all signs point to her being in. Maybe I'll avoid these threads for a while when it happens. I'll come back when the shitstorm dies down.

My theory is that Naoto's some kinda incomplete or failed Ragna. It'd explain why his crest is an incomplete/distorted version of Ragna's crest.

And Ragna's crest actually combines with Nu's crest to become the crest of the Azure/Black Beast.

>Let's really think about it logically
I know I've already accepted it

More like lewd goddess.

Makes you wonder what Touya's crest looked like.

The XBlaze's crest wasn't necessarily Touya's.

It's probably because they're both Bloodedges. Naoto's got his own faux-Murakumo Unit too.

Nah, that doesn't explain it. Nu, Mu and Lambda all have fairly distinct emblems. Naoto's emblem is clearly an incomplete, distorted version of Ragna's.

Also, being a Murakumo Unit isn't enough. The BlazBlue's emblem is explicitly a fusion of Ragna and Nu's emblems. Kiiro isn't even a Murakumo Unit. She was cobbled together from trashed Es-N units.

Ragna's emblem.

Nu's emblem.

Well he can barely feed himself in the wild thanks to seithr mutating everything.

It's because Bloodedge didn't come from him

It came from a sword that somehow fused with him

I don't really see it.
To me it look's like Naoto's Hunter's Eye with some similar elements of Ragna's crest.

Notices how bits of Ragna's crest appear to be attempting to "grow" out of it. It looks like it's deformed somehow. Like it's forcibly being turned into something it's not supposed to be.

Naoto going to literally become Blood Scythe for the final battle to perform Eternal Onslaught of Black Bloodedge to finally defeat Terumi-possessed Sankishin fused tri-murakumo fusion Izanami.
It's so obvious.

So why's Naoto so pissed at Ragna for anyway? Is it because everyone keeps giving him a hard time due to his resemblance to him?

Celica is cute! Cute!

Seifer did have records on his computer regarding Mai as well as his research. Mei-Fang might have found those.

This is set around 2 years before the game. Maybe Izanami needed it for something that got solved in some other way. Kokonoe for example wanted the Crimson Grimoire because she wanted to use it as a power source for Tager. However since she failed to get it, she had to develop Artificial Causality Phenomenon Weapons. Maybe something similar was the case with Izanami.

She probably doesn't know jack-shit about Izanami. She probably thinks it'd be useful for her.

What would Izanami need a mere Grimoire for? And if it was actually important, she'd have sent Hazama instead.

I'm sure they'll go in greater detail regarding Mai's abilities in subsequent manga chapters.

>which one is decendant from the Mei we know?

What do you mean? Tenjo and Homura are descended from the Xblaze Mei. The fact he used an outfit that looks like hers makes it apparent.

Cute girl!

Dunno what went wrong.

What do you base that on? As the head of Zero Squardon, Mei-Fang is really high-ranking in the NOL. It would make sense to have met her, and when she thinks of Izanami an image of the latter is shown, indicating that she has seen it.

And we don't know what she might need the grimoire for at the moment, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't have a usage for it. And why should Hazama do everything?Since they control the entire NOL, it makes sense to delegate things instead of having one guy do everything. It's not as if Mai is especially powerful from what they know, and Mei-Fang is pretty strong since she was able to disable Kagura.

best girl

>A murder hobo with close to no character
>Best girl

>watching rwby

I can't believe people believe what they read on /blaz/ with no evidence. I would love for Hayami to be the next guest and for Mai to be playable, but the bururaji site clearly states that Naoto's VA is the next guest:
blazblue.jp/buluraji/

Also, Grimoires can be pretty damn powerful and with a variety of powers. Nox Nyctores are a type of grimoire and Izanami is certainly happy to use Take-Mikazuchi in CP.

what's the context for that anyway?

She disabled Kagura by being a pretty girl. The so-called Black Gale is soft for attractive women, you see.

Don't say something so misleading. Despite being a shit character, Kagura's ludicrously strong. Strong enough to go toe-to-toe with even the likes of Jin, Ragna and the Six Heroes. Mei-Fang would need to show a little more skill than what she's shown so far if she wants to get into that power class.

At any rate, Hazama's been doing pretty much all the important dirty work so far. Anything that's actually important enough to warrant immediate action, such as dealing with Ragna, smelting Noel, dealing with Takamagahara, etc., etc. are under his jurisdiction. Even shit that wouldn't necessarily require his combat strength. I could see Relius being interested in the Nameless Grimoire, but not Izanami. It seems way too small for her plans. Her goals are to bring down the Master Unit, create an Embryo and use it to create the true BlazBlue and transform the world into a world of death. Even the Azure Grimoire, which is currently the most powerful Grimoire in the series, fits into her plans beyond being a battery for jump-starting the Takamagahara System. And hell, even then, she ended up destroying it once she was done with it.

That's why I say that a "mere" Grimoire would probably be useless to her. And she's not one to go into such minor details anyway, so I sure as hell can't see her directly ordering the head of the Zero Squadron to retrieve it for her. Izanami's a "big picture" type. Relius and Hazama/Terumi are the ones who deal with all the minor details. That includes issuing commands to the rest of the NOL.

So the next playable character is gonna be super saiyan Naoto?

Not him but I saw it on the wiki for bloodedge experience

All she really needed out of Take-Mikazuchi was its core to create the Embryo with. She didn't really need Take-Mikazuchi as a whole. Using it to fight Ragna and the others was little more than a minor distraction for her. The Nox Nyctores are not even remotely on her list of priorities. Neither are the second-rate Azure Grimoires which Ragna and Terumi wield, which, as stated already, are the most powerful Grimoires in the world right now, capable of actually accessing and drawing power from the Azure.

I wanna smell this cute girl's socks!

>"lol who cares about stories in fighting game lol"
>87 page dissertation in response

So who are the next three characters and did that new Mai manga come out yet?

Mei-Fang did have the ability to do what look like telekinetic attacks that Kajun has said might not be Ars Magus. We still don't know her abilities, but Mei-Fang doesn't look like she's just a run of the mill mook.

And you're the one selling Kagura short. He is willing to fight women and Mei-Fang was clearly a serious threat. You make it sound as if she smiled and he just surrendered.

Mei-Fang thinks she's serving Izanami when trying to capture Mai. That presumably means that Mai is of use to Izanami. What will likely happen is that Mei-Fang's efforts will be thwarted and the bad guys might end up finding a workaround, but revealing that Mei-Fang was simply delusional and that nothing she ever did mattered would be pretty dumb from a narrative point of view since it would rob the thunder from the story and greatly reduce its significance. It's trivial for Mori to come up with a reason for Izanami to need Mai's body. Maybe for example she needed it to stabilize her vessel.

this all sounds stupid, If they actually are going to make Mai playable and they're trying to use the manga to hype her up, why couldn't they write a better story for her? Make me care dammit!!

He's willing to fight women, but he has a hard time going all out against them. Hell, they outright attribute his loss to Mei-Fang being a pretty girl in the manga so you have no ground to stand on here.

And don't be delusional. Did you not play Chronophantasma? Did you not see the story mode? It's practically Izanami's hobby to reveal to everyone that their efforts were meaningless.

Izanami does not give a shit about anyone except maybe Ragna. She does not care who wastes their time on what. Furthermore, she does not directly command anyone other than Hazama and Relius, so it's doubtful that Mei-Fang ever received the command from her. Izanami gives commands to Hazama, Hazama then interprets those commands and mobilizes them in the most efficient manner he can think of, whether it's doing it himself or relaying it to whomever he thinks might be most suitable for the task. Whether or not Izanami's the one who ordered Mai's capture, it's very unlikely that Mei-Fang heard those words directly from Izanami. She barely deigns to even meet the Duodecim as it is. Most of her "rule" over the NOL was just as a figurehead anyway. Hazama's the one who's been running everything from behind the scenes.

You think Mori wouldn't trivialize Variable Heart's story? He trivialized pretty much all of Chronophantasma's story, so what's to stop him from doing the same thing here? All that endless dialogue about starting a coup and reclaiming the NOL, overthrowing Izanami, blah blah blah. All of that was completely meaningless. A coup was never necessary. Izanami never gave two shits about the NOL to begin with.

And as for stabilizing her vessel, well, Izanami's barely even aware of what she herself is. She certainly doesn't know anything about maintaining her vessel, as shown in her conversations with Relius in Centralfiction. Taking care of it is Relius' job.

I haven't read and don't really give a shit about Remix Heart, but unless crazy chick refers to the Imperator as something specific about Izanami, she could be wanting Mai's body for the old Imperator, Tenjo. Remain with the NOL like Kagura did after the ruler is usurped, secretly find a way to save your boss, be thwarted, realize his soul is out there but needs a host you can't access. Some dumb shit like that.

E-rank character anyway, like much of this manga.

Here's what's really gonna happen. This whole farce was more or less meaningless. Izanami's gonna reveal that none of it really mattered all that much, and Mei-Fang's gonna die realizing that she never accomplished anything. Whatever use the Nameless Grimoire had was little more than a small superfluous gear that could easily be tossed aside.

The most significant thing that would happen is that Mai realizes that there's something seriously fucked up going on with the NOL and goes on a journey to figure out what it is. Mind you, given what's happened in the games, this is probably gonna turn out to be fairly pointless. I mean, the world's already a mess and it's pretty much reached the worst possible scenario. Even if she did show up, there's not really much Mai could do about it other than wait for Ragna and Noel to fix everything same as everyone else.

Don't feel bad, though. Being pointless is the default state for the majority of the cast. You think Tager's presence matters at all? Or hell, even Azrael's?

Except that they literally show Izanami when Mei-Fang is talking about her. You think that Terumi would allow the head of the secret police to be a dedicated follower of the guy the NOL was fighting a war against?

Why the hell is there so much furigana? Isn't this seinen? Are there really Japanese seventeen-year-olds who can't read 「全て」 or 「大丈夫」?

Protip: Blazblue as a whole is aimed at teenagers, not adults.

user, those are characters you learn in elementary school.

I wasn't claiming that Mei-Fang is stronger than Kagura; my point was simply that she is capable enough to be assigned a task of importance. She does at the very least demonstrate unusual powers. And fair enough, we aren't shown who gave her this assignment and it may have been Hazama, but the way she idolizes Izanami and the fact we are shown Izanami's image when she does so does make me think that she has at the very least met her.

Personally I doubt that this will happen, but I suppose we'll have to wait until the manga is concluded.

It happened in Chronophantasma. Well, no one died there though.

Why the hell do you keep posting this?

thread bumps how didn't you notice this?

Well thisAnd I'll post it until it's fucking true

That's not it anyway

Are we posting images with that mark now?

ok

The sword was a relic passed down the Terumi line for generations signifying who will be the head.
There's implications that it's The real Touya's corpse after he overused his own Bloodedge back when he was a kid.

Naoto hated his family so he ran away with it and went to hiding with his Mother's sister.

Some time went by and he meets Raquel, shenanigans happen and he got his arm cut off.
They use the sword to stop him from dying.

He's jealous that Ragna has so many cats that love him and he doesn't have any.

Cats hate him for some reason.

So they have their share of differences as well, eh?

And it was really just a sword that let you use your own blood as a weapon?

It's in a shonen magazine not seinen.

Huh, what is this? Where does the whole sword thing come from? I didn't read that when I read the LNs.
The thing signifying who will be the head is the Hunter's Eye, not a sword or something.
And he didn't run away from his family, most(all?) of his family was killed by Saya(although it's kind of faintly hinted that it could have been Naoto himself that killed his mother with Bloodedge).

Yeah, I've heard this stuff about a sword before too, but I had no idea where people are getting this from. What stopped Naoto from dying was getting bitten by Raquel, not a sword.

/blaz/ sings Black Onslaught II and Susanooh.
The songs: youtube.com/watch?v=u1OlXHEL8Io
youtube.com/watch?v=wriuJZN2T5M
Lyrics: blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Onslaught
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/SUSANOOH
Please send the files to this mail until and including 08/20: [email protected]
Can also be send in parts because some of you probably don't want to lose your voice.
Please give it your all.

It didn't really stop Naoto from dying, he's dead and thus his value is at 0.
Every time he takes damage and "dies" Raquel's value decreases.
The only reason he can be up and running at all is because Raquel is sharing her life with him, not some special item, sword or anything.

Dead, alive, as long as he's up and about, he's alive in my book. Rachel has a life force value of 0 too but she's alive as far as I'm concerned.

Yes.

The Bloodedge being a corpse was from Lost Memories

I think I was mixed up that thing with Hunter's Eye and Bloodedge.
But why would an ability be the one to choose who the head will be and not a physical object?
That makes no sense.
SayaT. was definetly the one who killed their family. She used Soul Eater on them.

It was the sword the 4th time he died.
I think the 1st was Raquel 2nd was Clavis
3rd time was Relius
Something happened after that made Naoto fuse Bloodedge to him by the time he was sent to Central Fiction otherwise he'd still have the sword

Has the third chapter of Variable Heart been released yet, and if so, can someone fill me in on it please?

Outseal is a fake

Mai is now Shirou

>Mai is now Shirou
what

Mai and Kajun sneaks on to a monorail that is heading towards Kagutsuchi.
Mai's weapon is incomplete and needs to have some final tuning in a "little" special place(boundary?).
Inside the monorail, it seems like a coffin that is being heavily guarded is calling out to Mai so Mai unconsciously goes to it.
The coffin seems to have something to do with Prime fields (TBIPFD, The boundary Interface Prime Field Device, Embryo Storage, Test Model, 2095).
NOL guards finds Mai and Kajun near the coffin and thinks they are after it.
Jubei suddenly appears, to be continued in next chapter.

nice nipples

Her new abilities allow her to copy/trace anything

Coffin also has Ragna's tattoo

Why the hell does everyone have that symbol anyway? Even Tenjo had it
Actually all the Amanohosakas have it for some reason

>Her new abilities allow her to copy/trace anything
That's not what not what it is at all though
You have to insert codes into it for it to actually gain an attribute of something, she can't just look at something and put it in her

How many have actually begun singing or already sung?

A guy's nipples.

You're just pulling shit out of your ass.

Indeed. And we don't know how versatile Mai's power is or what the requirements are for it to receive a code. Saying that Mai is Shirou isn't just misleading, it's outright wrong.

EU games?

Yes please

Lobby is up, search for "vidya".

First sumbmission get

please tell me you were just warming up or something i have no business having an easier time with a character i haven't played in a fucking year

I'm actually teching throws.
What is going on?

I'm probably just so used to your Celica by now that I was thrown off by a different playstyle.

You've figured out that i'm a fraud that uses the exact same tick throw setups every time i'm glad, maybe i can level up a bit from this

I hate people who are better at blazblue than me (=everyone who doesn't play on Stylish+mash)

Me too.

>think pressure's getting to predictable
>try to mix it up and fuck everything up and get hit
>remember i have another overhead
oh

6C, save me!