/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Glaz edition

Previous thread: blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ

Livestream demo
youtube.com/watch?v=n01smDYjg9E
youtube.com/watch?v=MvvD9nkzsns

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

First for GSG9

>tfw no co-op pseudo-campaign mode where you play as the ops from each CTU and complete various missions with actual plot

do you guys tweak your settings in a certain way to see better? It's so hard to see into and out of windows because of light changes and shit

>smug anime poster arguing Rainbow Six Siege is not a realistic squad based shooter

I said bright red, and even so the laser is contrast against the white walls and white floor border.

Compare that to Favelas, with the centre area being bright green.

Again, your laser changes aren't the only ideas that are shit. You could ask me about the others ones if you want.

>peaking outside on a daylight map
>ever
No thank u.

it's 'peek'

no settings changes can help with that

Got u senpai :^)

I know right, the game is perfect just the way it is :^) Ubisoft can do no wrong

2 renown has been deposited into youraccount

What magic do you guys use, every webm is every enemy missing clean shots at you guys and looking the wrong way making the whole team of look like retards, what are your secret /r6g/

play on console

>you are biologically able to discern more shades of green than any other color
>people select green lasers for their LAM units because they are actually visible in the day time whereas you can't even see red unless it's dark as shit

>claims it would be impossible to see a moving green dot on just one of the maps

Man you put up one hell of an argument there

>Laser sight color customization
Just leave it one color and just end it at that

>Japan gets a cybord ninja op

>>Anonymous 08/10/16(Wed)23:12:40 No.151359498

pick the most obvious spot and wait

why be in a corner if they're gonna drone it?

Be the hallway user

Console land is a magical place my friend. My bud plays on PC and when he was over watching me play, he said it looked even more fun since firefights would actually play out instead of just automatically ending in a headshot.

People obviously aren't going to make webms showing themselves getting massacred by enemy players.

REPOSTING: r8 my b8

SUGGESTED PATCH NOTES

RATE MUH CHANGES

>nitro cells now have an activation period
>once a nitro hits a surface, it will take 1.5 seconds to "arm"
>the nitro cell will let off a beep every .5 seconds during it's arming phase
>once armed, the nitrocell is silent
>it will feature a blinking red light

>laser sights
>laser beam is more visible to the other team
>laser sights drastically increase hip fire accuracy to the point of being able to being competitive even at medium range (ADS is still the most accurate option)
>there is a green laser option available for purchase for 10,000 renown

>Shields now block explosive damage from the front
>Shields receive "knockback" effect from consecutive shots of Tachanka's turret

Operator Changes
>all defense operators receive 3 barb wire instead of 2, Bandit + Barb Wire recruit receive 5 instead of 3
>Blackbeards shield health reduced to absorb an average of 10 shots from all weapons, down from 30
>Blackbeard now suffers from an effect similar to recoil when his shield absorbs damage
>Bucks Shotgun damage increased at medium range, making it a reliable weapon to use for kills
>Bucks shotgun environmental damage slightly increased even more
>Blitz's flash range increased by roughly 30%
>Ash changed to 2 armor 2 speed
>Ash's breaching charges are removed - smoke is only option for grenade
>Ash's guns no longer can use compensator - flash hider + suppressor can still be selected
>IQ is now 3 speed 2 armor
>Sledge no longer has frag grenades
>Thatcher now can select frag grenades
>Montagne can now select frag grenades (3x)
>Twitch gets two of her special drones
cont.

>Mute's jammers now take multiple shots to destroy (avg of 3 shots)
>Doc can now heal defenders using his stim pistol - Heals for 50 points of health to a maximum of 100.
>Doc can now select a G36
>Tachanka's turret now has a Blackbeard styled, steel shield on his turret to protect from forward facing head shots
>Castle receives 6 barricades instead of 3.
>Bandit's electrified walls are no longer visible from the other side - walls will continue to cause damage / destroy items as normal by electrifying things it comes into contact with, but will no longer give off the tell tale signs of the wall being electrified
>Poison gas from Smoke is more potent and does 2x the damage (kills 2x faster), cloud lasts for slightly longer duration for increased area denial - Smoke also receives 1 extra gas grenade

BONUS
>defender recruit now gets 2 wall reinforcements
>attacker recruit gets 2 frag grenades instead of 1
>you can now customize recruit weapons once all 20 Vanilla operators are unlocked

Controversial take:
Siege is more fun on console because you can actually have exciting gunfights. Plus, the gameplay is slower and that's how it's meant to be.

game sense

I never said that, in fact r6s is more broken atm than it was at launch.

Pixels in a video game don't correspond to real life

you really are retarded aren't you

That WebM is pure bully tier

>green isn't green!
>it's a video game so actual human biology doesn't apply!

Holy shit please stop

I'd agree with that. I wouldn't want to play on consoles for a game where the only key element is precision, but Siege seems to have been made to be a team game first, pew pew second... It's just you can pew pew super good on PC.

Shotguns on console tho are even worse than PC land.

I just limbo'd under kapkan's trap!!!!

>>nitro cells now have an activation period
>>once a nitro hits a surface, it will take 1.5 seconds to "arm"
>>the nitro cell will let off a beep every .5 seconds during it's arming phase
>>once armed, the nitrocell is silent
>>it will feature a blinking red light
>>laser sights
>>laser beam is more visible to the other team
>>laser sights drastically increase hip fire accuracy to the point of being able to being competitive even at medium range (ADS is still the most accurate option)
>>there is a green laser option available for purchase for 10,000 renown

yeah not even gonna read the rest

>tfw you vault over a shield and don't trip the slav trap
KAPKAN'S GONNA FREAK

game sense

>okay with nitro cells

The Ubisoft nerf is going to hit you especially hard familia

>Memechanka is only good in consoles
Makes sense.

>Losing 0-1
>Resorts to spawn killing

I think you and your shitty ideas should stop, actually.

Like holy fuck it's like someone who played the game for 5 minutes tried to come up with balancing. Thank fucking god Ubi doesn't hire you as a game designer.

I use tachanka and doc

JUST DODGE EM

>all these [Removed by BattlEye™] messages
>played with M.L.G. one game
>fishy plays and wallbangs
>the next game he gets removed by BattlEye™

lol chanka is trash on every platform, it was a casual so everyone i was playing with and against was trash

idk I joined in progress
also
>resorts
you say this as if it's something to be frowned upon. show me where the jager peeked you on the doll user

>gets called out for being unable to handle scientific facts
>lol 5 minute gamr COPPER ur a shit

Thanks for showing everyone your epic debate skills :)

>show me where the jager peeked you on the doll user
Nowhere. I'm the one getting headshots against peeking Jägers

No one cared who I was until I put on the shield

>being so bad this game that you have to resort to cheap spawn killing

can't relate desu

I'm gonna take the bait

How would you

Buff
>Mont
>Blitz
>Thatcher
>IQ
>Twitch
>Tachanka
>Smoke
>Bandit
>Doc
>Castle

Nerf
>Thermite
>Ash
>Pulse
>Blackbeard
>Valk
>Nitrocells as a whole

Ignoring Cap and Cav since we haven't had a whole lot of time with them yet

Where were you when the Spooky Spic killed you?

meant for :^^^^^^^^)

>ADS with his bad eye
UBISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFT

how can I mic spam mexican players who join eus with trump?

FFL cap for Twitch when?

were you really so proud of that lucky spray that you had to stop moving to clip it lol

neng stop bullying me or else I'm going to team kill you next time we play

KYS Tobin

She's cute. Can I get a name?

>She

Jacqueline

i didnt even see it was you le mao i thought someone was being a baby about spawn peeking

here is a webm of my potato aim getting bullied by netcode jagers and to make up for it

Jacqueline D'Rippier

>the games wiki page had a "Plot" section
>it just describes the situations

This have could have been so much more

>still waiting for smugposter to propose not-shit ideas

>people don't like the M429

Put an ACOG on it and it's a headshot gun.

>Its a Jager player thinking hes the shit episode

I hate you all

Let's go with nerfs first.
>Thermite
Fine as is.
>Ash
Look at her weapons and tweak R4's stats
>Pulse
Getting nerfed
>BB
Make him twitch when getting shot in the shield
>Valk
Fine, shotguns are getting nerfed
>Nitros
Make them used primarily for traps.People don't use them because of the obnoxious and obvious blinking.

>tfw no 4 player co-op campaign where you and 3 of your friends play the ATK/DEF op's of the CTU's in various situations
>tfw Fuze doesn't blow up a room, breaches with Tachanka and Kapkan behind his shield, plants IED's on the door and sets up the pizza dish gun, while you hold the room from wave after wave of bad guys
>pack up and fight your way to the extraction point
>tachanka has to hold off waves of enemies rushing you outdoors while you wait for the helicopter to arrive

Shit would have been so good and it wouldn't have needed much effort. Just give us 20 situations (1 for each OP) and 5 CTU CO-OP missions with as much depth / complexity as Article 5

>Thermite
>Fine as is.

Everyone has suggested for months we need a second thermite that can go through reinforced walls, but in a different manner, so we don't have to rely on thermite for every match.

he is way too important not to have

sure

buffs
>mont
let him scan and mark people like a human drone
revert the 3 armour speed nerf in the latest patch

>blitz
2 speed when the shield is on the back
slightly more reserve mags

>thatcher
>IQ
>bandit
>twitch
they're fine, for twitch people just use her drone as a single zap suicide monkey, it gets more and more powerful as the round goes on, to say nothing of its uses so far. she's really good.

>smoke
reduce smoke radius, increase throw range by a meter or two

>castle
additional barricade, maybe an additional reinforcement. give him an mp9 or an interesting submachinegun, no acog.

>tachanka
give him two unique deployable shields, slightly wider than regular ones and can be linked together. Somehow let him take 2 wire too, maybe. he's a flawed design from the start.

>doc
stimpistol living users to 65 health

nerfs
>thermite
he's fine, it's the fact that his ability is indispensible as attackers. in fact i think his rifle should get a small buff to be slightly more controllable

>ash
she's fine, fix her hitbox because I don't think it matches up exactly with her model. I might be wrong though

>pulse
I don't fucking know, I used to play pulse a lot before the buff and he was borderline broken even then. Literally revert it back to pre-buff without the phantom and missing heartbeat bugs

>blackbeard
give him a distinctive sound when rappelling and moving, raise his rifle volume so people can hear his mk17 better

>Valk
remove nitro, increase mpx recoil if it still isn't enough

>nitrocells
make the velcro louder so you can hear it over gunfire, make it 1/3 to 1/2 second longer to deploy and pull out the detonator after throwing

bonus round
>cap
reduce xbow damage, reduce fire time. you will immolate prone players atm and get a free kill, which is ridiculous

>cav
change her pistol into a loud revolver or short-range taser that makes noise. remove silent step, save it for the japs

>glaz
give him 1 more mag

>Look at her weapons and tweak R4's stats
Aren't you the guy who was saying taking away her ACOG was a retarded idea and wouldn't change why people pick her?

Now Buffs:
>Mont
Immune to explosions when shield is set up
>Blitz
Nerf nitros, he's fine otherwise
>Thatcher
Fine
>IQ
You shitting me nigga, she's top tier
>Tachanka
Rework. Stationary target in R6 is a dead target. Let him carry his gun or something.
>Smoke
Damn, you really are a shitter, talking about buffing a top tier pick again.
>Bandit
Fine as is, Just situational.
>Doc
Fix swapping bug. Letting him heal friendlies with syringe is going to be too good imo (speaking as Doc main)
>Castle
I liked idea of letting him fortify walls with his things

Not me, not using ACOG on her. Her power comes with R4. Make it a little bit weaker, increase thumper ammo by one, make G36 a viable choice by tweaking stats.

I liked idea of letting Sledge break reinforced walls after like 5 hits, but it would make him a fucking top tier pick, completely killing Thermite. If you could zap him with Bandit for every hit he takes though...

>thatcher
>IQ
>bandit
>twitch
>they're fine
You mean the guys with pretty low pick rates?

>smoke
>literally nerfing smoke by making his gas even harder to kill and easier to run through
holy shit you are fucking retarded

>tachanka
>lol I have no idea how to fix him

>doc
>max to 65 health
>when DBNO exploit brings them to 75
lol alright

>thermite
>highest pickrate on attacking team
>wants to buff him
wow.

>You mean the guys with pretty low pick rates?
It doesn't mean they're bad. Just situational.

>Just situational.

Yeah that means they are bad dude.

So, the doctor who removes appendix is a bad doctor, because people don't require his services as often as services of ENT?

>spends forever making fun someones bad ideas
>posts even worse ideas

If my GP was a doctor who was only skilled in appendix removal, I would go and get a new GP.

In a game where you select characters before you know the "situation", having situational characters means they are bad, since the not situational characters do an equally good job most of the time.

>Thatcher
>IQ
>Twitch
>Smoke
>Bandit
>Doc

These are fine. Bandit and Smoke have very good guns why would they need a buff? Same goes for Thatch, IQ, Twitch

>Castle
Needs 4 castle walls
>Shields
more ammo, they're a supportive role not a bum rush attacker
>Tachanka
Optic and abilty to slow down time

>Immune to explosions when shield is set up
and into the trash it goes

thatcher, iq, bandit, twitch all have great primaries and have abilities that excel at what they're designed for. they all also have god-tier primaries.

thatcher is indispensable if you want to win, bandit and pulse will nuke thermite, unless the thatcher gets lucky

you really are retarded if you think they need buffs

>smoke
he's great, I literally don't know what the fuck talking about. a literal area denial weapon is powerful, and being immune to it is icing on the cake.

>tachanka
as I said, he's fundamentally broken to the game design. there is no way to buff him without making him indispensable to defenders. he'll always be a meme pick

>doc
>not knowing about rook armour
you also can't dbno revive in critical moments

thermite is shit on his own, his ability is the only reason why he's picked. unless you want to nerf his charges?

how so? enlighten me buddy

oops meant that for

>>doc
>>not knowing about rook armour
>you also can't dbno revive in critical moments

what did he mean by this

>thatcher is indispensable

Wow so the smug poster now says thatcher is "indispensable" - I'm going to assume the smug poster from a few nights ago was a different smug poster who was arguing adamantly that thatcher was shit tier and absolutely useless.

I'm now certain you do this for the (You)'d

I never said I was talking about GP doctors, stop twisting the question.

>tfw mummy won't give you GBP for an ace
i need those points for the season pass you whore

>none of these changes will ever happen
probably for the best

Blame C4s. You might as well say that: "hey, we need to buff nades because people are playing Jager".

you lose armour when getting revived. 65 rook armour is roughly equivalent to 75 without.

also, you can't down your teammates and revive them in critical moments, such as when the attackers are right at the doorway. they're going to hear [indiscriminate yelling] and push in.

that other smug poster wasn't me

Please explain to me why you would want a doctor who can only remove your appendix when you could have a doctor who can treat the any number of likely medical situations you might face?

The analogy is even worse in Siege because, a character like Ash, while not being a surgeon capable of removing appendixes as efficiently, can still do it, and then do everything else under the sun. She is quite good, and if I select her I'm never in a BAD place, just not the ideal place.

But if I select that appendix surgeon, and nobody needs their appendix removed, well shit, I'm fucked cause I can't do anything else.

If we were able to select our attacker after the drone phase and we knew what the situation was, much like how Defenders get to choose their spawn point while selecting their character, those situational characters would be better.

It's probably one of the reasons why you see the pick rates for defenders being more evenly spread too.

>all these players being removed by battle eye
HMMMMMMMM

Attackers being able to see what and where defenders are located would make them a dominant side. As of now, Def and Att winrates are pretty much 50/50, so I wouldn't change anything.

>implying people literally ever get revived by Doc's stim pistol, ever.

It never happens unless people exploit it. In 200 hours of Siege I've been revived by it a total of two times. That is once every 100 hours. It's broken and it needs to be

Siege is very much a game about headshots, and in many ways being able to top someone off to 100 health is not as big a deal as it seems.

It would also probably help legitimize defense strategies, since you'd be able to hunker down easier.

I'd be curious to see the data split between Casual and Ranked - as well as the ranked tiers split by the ranking (ie "What is the ATK/DEF win side % in the diamond bracket")

>Kapkan and Tachanka's 9x19 VSN gets the Russian ACOG

>Nitro cells throw speed/distance is lowered

>Beds now work and will cycle between day/night

>Nitro cells deal half damage to shields (only when facing)

>Ash's R4C gets more vertical recoil

>Islam is now the official religion of siege and all female OPs are required to cover their faces

>Tachanka can now crouch while on his turret but can no longer ADS aim his gun (can still shoot)

>Aliens may abduct players at night

>Mexican'ts and hues can no longer join US servers

>shitposting in-game is no longer bannable

>R6G becomes OWG

>the official insult of /r6g/

>Islam is now the official religion of siege and all female OPs are required to cover their faces

>Castle is now MALCOLM X

WE NEED THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>nerfing Thermite before an alternative is added

This is why you're dumb. If the Jap attacker provides an alternative, and the patch comes with a nerf to Thermite, very well. Otherwise, leave Thermite alone.

>shitposting in-game is no longer bannable
New player
You can get banned for saying bad things in chat?

If there were 7 Jagers, yeah, I'd say buff grenades.

>Aliens may abduct players at night
Best idea yet. It's XCOM bby.

Blitz is honestly fine, just do something with C4s. Mont has to get some big and useful buff.

Please show me where I nerfed Thermite.