How do you make your slow car fast without swapping the engine?

How do you make your slow car fast without swapping the engine?

Install V-TEC

More air
More spark
More fuel
Better exhaust
Less weight
traction aids
not being a faggot

Drive it off a cliff, you'll go 0-100 in a matter of seconds, and you'll come to a complete stop almost instantly

Came here to post these

Buy a faster car.

Don't pump money into a shit car that will always be shit.

WEIGHT REDUCTION BRO

It won't be shit if you make it not shit

> it will always be a civic
In name alone. You autists are the most ignorant self righteous assholes on the planet. Building cars is cool. Buying cars is not worthy of aut/o/motive respect. Asshole idiots buy sports cars almost exclusively.

but you can't make a shit car non-shit for the same money you'd spend if you just bought a non-shit car

Sometimes not true. Like turbo civic/miata and e303 cam Fox bodies. Cheap fast sports cars START at 6 grand.

start at the top of a really big hill.

Put ice in the engine bay to help cool and condense the air so you can feed more oxygen into the system.

I'm WRX swapping my Legacy GT. Have about 3500 into it total (including the purchase price), $500 into the swap so far, looks like I'll need about $2000-$2500 more in parts at this point.

You're not getting into a clean WRX that's already had everything replaced on it for under 7k, nor will you get the grandma wagon insurance rates that I currently get (and will continue to after the swap)

I would be farther along into the swap, but I've been dumping money into my dad's old Camaro to get it roadworthy so I can drive it while my soob's under the knife.

Building cars is cool when you have a cool base to work with.

Making a base granny Nova into a big block, manual trans street machine is cool. Ricing up your 4 cylinder commuter car is not.

turbo/supercharger
NOS
chip/tune
gear ratio change

that honestly sounds like it should work

This sounds retarded but I think it might actually work.

I think it was popular for drag racers at one point, not sure how useful it is though

Weight reduction
Forced induction
Tuned gearbox
NOS
Cams
Engine tune
Bottom end upgrades (to take the power)
Better suspension
Better tires
Better steering
Aero
A good driver
Suicide

If you're an idiot.

>WEIGHT REDUCTION BRO
This, strip EVERYTHING but the bare essentials off of the car. Make it a rolling frame with an engine and seat and enjoy your new superlight speed machine.

>seat
pigfat, just stand on the frame like a real man

>having a body
pigfat, just straddle the ladder frame like a REAL man

this fucker knows what's up
get your driving goggles and hit the track!

>Turbo?
ECU tune

My car has plastic covers over the metal from factory. It has a bench seat, and that's it. There's no other pigfat on the car. Do you think I could benefit by taking the bed off the frame?

But this actually works with dry ice.

It's just not cost effective.

COUPLE BOTTLES OF NAWZ

They put a bag of ice on the intake manifold.

MANIFOLD MALFUNCTION

no replacement for displacement

Pigfat. Just walk.

DUDE I ALMOST HAD YOU

What if...... I'm pig fat? Dun dun dun

roll

Press the gas pedal

Pigfat, lose some weight first.

Holy shit I was joking you fartcommanders.
I mean it WOULD work but can you imagine being that guy who fills his engine bay with ice before the race?

Don't they both have the same 2.5 EJ moter? or do WRXs have a boxer? Either way, why? Legacy GTs are already sleepers.

Mine is one of the second gen Legacy GTs that has a boring 165hp NA EJ25. I'm swapping in an EJ205. Only first, fourth, and fifth gen Legacy GTs are turbo. They're all boxers.

> I don't know what the fuck i'm talking about: the post

Stickers bro...stickers.

>Implying a 400hp turbo K swapped Miata or Civic isn't cool
Also, adding power =! Ricing. Ricing is just cosmetic additions, adding power and speed therefore isn't rice. Besides, Novas were also offered in 4 cilinder commuter cars back then.

You don't. But good tires, an intake, short shifter, and sway bars can turn any car (even a slow car) into a fun car.

Rebuild the engine and add a turbo.

TURBO
U
R
B
O

Swapping the car that connects to the engine.

With the amount of money and work you'd need to put in to make a 4 cylinder engine reach 400hp, you'd be better off buying a stock V8 with the same specs. Or turbo-ing the V8 the begin with.

Generally you would be correct, but not with a K-series engine.

vehicle swap

alternatively, a nitrous kit

>not being a faggot

I'll take that to mean "improve driving skill."

>I can't do this to my Legacy GT because I live in California and I'd have to jump through hoops like a fucking seal to get it re-registered and smogged

ad quite thfuckin gigle m8

Try getting a civic to race alongside things like RX-7s without losing things like air-conditioning to weight reduction and ride comfort to stiffer suspension.