Car needs new spark plugs/wires, it's acting fucky

>car needs new spark plugs/wires, it's acting fucky
>call lube place, the guy says itll be $300 for everything
>dude says he can take it to his uncle who is an expert mechanic for $200
>okay
>baby the car there, it's literally a barn
>pay them half, give them the keys
>on the way home they call me and say they need to remove the headers to get to the plugs
>uncle thinks it's flooded (with fuel? i don't fucking know)
>says it'll be another $100

>leave my car in the hands of a team of rednecks powered by bud light and marlboro

Holy shit bros hold me, I'm so scared this car is my baby

if its your baby why is it broken

if its your baby why dont you know whats wrong with it

if its your baby why are you trusting stupid strangers with it

you let your car down

Should've fixed it yourself, faggot.

you're an idiot.

>car needs new spark plugs/wires
Are you sure that's the problem?

Because I don't know enough to save her.

Because LT1 camaros are confusing as fuck.

... Because I'm an idiot please forgive me

It's either that or an ignition module.

>It's either that or an ignition module.
Both are easy as fuck to replace. You're dumb.

>lt1
JUST OPTISPARK ME UP

So you had a chance to get it done with a warranty for 100$ more but you have some dude like me in a barn saying "ittle be fiiiine" ? Ya dun goofed

>can't spark up

I'd pay the $300 just to get the car back from the hillbillies untouched.

>plugs and wires
>using a shop
Fucking frogposters. Every god damn time.

You always get what you pay for. You bought cheap, uncertified, unwarrantable service.

You can literally get plugs and cables from Autozone for less than $30. It's laziness that costs you.

>posts on Veeky Forums
>can't change plugs or cables himself
its time to kill yourself

Could also be a coil pack.

What else would an ignition module be?

You dun goofed mang. Both rednecks I know fancy themselves as expert craftsmen when in reality they can't hammer a nail in a 2x4 without bending it.

There's the coil pack and the ignition control module, depending on the vehicle.

Fair enough

>call lube place
And so it begins

You fuck op. But atleast you goin to learn after this experience. Take the lose already. Those redneck are goin to fuck your car and the only person you have to blame is you.

You went full retard, never go full retard

OP, uncle says your engine is flooded with fuel, so it's another $100 to take off the headers (because we are swapping our old headers for your good ones).

OP, your tires are flat, so you owe another $100. We are swapping our old bald tires for your good ones.

OP, your gas tank is empty, so you owe another $100. We need to take it out so we can trade our old fuel pump for your good one.

OP, we will do parts swaps for the parts in your car with our old used ones we get from the junkyard. That way, we will have good parts to re-sell to the next victim, err, customer.

In my state, what they are doing is illegal. That's because they did it at an official business site with business license. Their own services must also therefore be licensed. The attorney general had a lawsuit in the news (years ago) with someone doing unauthorized business services to avoid paying taxes so that's how I know of our state law.

>Those redneck are goin to fuck your car

How many of the original parts in your care are still there? Did they trade out your parts? Report them for state tax evasion.

check under your seats when you get it back

>Holy shit bros hold me, I'm so scared this car is my baby

You left them your car (a 1966 Mustang). When you come back to pick it up, it's a VW Diesel Golf.

Nope, that's the car you left here! Take it or leave it.

Op your car is goin to feel sexually molested after those rednecks are done working on it "if is still running"

Quad. But what would they put under the seats?

>lube

tehehehehehehehe37s

If they took it joyriding, they could have smoked blunts and left some traces of weed. You need to vacuum it out just in case a future police dog blames you for drug use when you never did any in the car.

Okay updates guys.

I got it back within hours, these guys busted their drunk asses off changing the plugs and wires, as well as cleaning nearly every sensor in the engine bay. I just swapped in a new O2 sensor (the dude even ran a computer and tested everything) and desu it's running great.

Dead serious. Didn't get murdered, didn't steal my car.

I would be pleased if they left me some dank under the seats, will check.

>Car loses power for a split second at specific points in my daily drive
>I bought sparkplugs months ago for €38 but never got around to changing them
>Quickly change them that weekend
>Problem solved, runs smoother than before and about 1mpg more now

Can you turn a wrench 8 times? Then turn it the other way 8 times? Boom, spark plugs done. Can you hook up a TV or a PC monitor? Boom, wires done.

How are you gonna drive a big boy V8, post on the aut/o/ board, and be too fucking lazy to do your own tune up.

You will probly spend more time checking this thread then it would have taken you to do it yourself idiot.

>Can you turn a wrench 8 times? Then turn it the other way 8 times? Boom, spark plugs done

I cannot change the plugs easily on my car. First I have to remove all those car covers in the way. There are some pipes and wire harness too. They are stiff not flexible. The rearmost plug is at a terrible spot and I have no tool that can get to it without angled force that might crack the ceramic. It takes a long time to do the plugs because part of the time cost is to also replace everything that was taken off to get to the plugs.

congrats

>has to do all his work in the engine bay to get all his plugs out
>dosent have to deal with removing the inner fender well and get at the remost plugs from behind the front tires
>he dosent have to get underneath the car and squeeze his arm in awkward positions to move a plug a quater a turn
Stop your bitching and do it yourself plugs are always a bitch you can't get away from it unless you have a fwd i4

Have you ever changed spark plugs and wires on an LT1? I seriously fucking doubt you have. A couple shops I went to said it would be $400 because they would have to rip the headers off to get to the plugs. Do you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to install/remove headers on LT1 cars? It's insane. I've changed oil, water pumps, transmission fluid and a handful of sensors. But plugs and wires on LT1s are a massive bitch.

>need new spark plugs wires
>buy them for $50
>slap that shit in, takes 30 minutes
>wew

Heh, my dad was telling me about an old pontiac shitheap that he and my mom owned in the early 80's. It was a FWD V6 and one day he decided to change out the spark plugs and wires on it. He gets into the job and soon sees that it's physically impossible to get a wrench on the back 3 spark plugs... He talked to a mechanic friend who told him that, on that model car/engine that the back 3 spark plugs can't even be removed without unbolting a bunch of shit off the engine, disconnecting the engine from the transmission, taking a couple of bolts out of 2 of the engine mounts, loosening the bolts of the other engine mounts, and rotating the fucking engine slightly forward until it is possible to get a wrench on the back 3 spark plugs. He said fuck all that noise and just replaced the front 3 spark plugs and called it a day.

>be f250
>have to remove cab to change spark plugs

E-z job

Story of a guy I knew
>94 mustang gt
>MUH 5.0
>changing plugs for the first since he got the car cause to busy smoking weed
>removing plugs
>all but one come out
>wont budge
>some how break off the plug in the block
>DUDE I WENT THE WRONG WAY LMAO
>to lazy to get the plug out
>put old plugs back in
>return plugs
>sell car for 500 bucks because fuck working on cars and taking an extra hour to remove the broken plug
>use the money to buy more pot
And he wonders why people think he's a low life

Jesus Christ. These people are why I used to think pot destroys lives, then I realized these dipshits would fuck themselves over with or without access to drugs.

I know people who smoke pot almost every day yet are still very successful in life (doing contract work writing obscure code, business owners, a CPA, etc). I also know people I went to high school with who smoke weed every day and can barely hold down a pizza delivery job at age 28.

I think you're right, some people would still be fuckups even without the drugs. It's easy to just blame pot for their failure at life and it's really not politically correct these days to say that those people would likely be complete failures no matter what.

I've realized there are different types of pot smokers. I smoke, and when I do, I listen to music, listen to podcasts (duncan trussell is the best), paint, or hang out with a buddy and talk about shit and feel thankful for being on this shitheap called earth, even if some days are bad.

Then there's dudes that barely graduated talking about weed that have never opened a book or pondered the universe or any kind of shit like that. Yeah it makes sex and food better but there are worlds beyond that basic monkey shit.

Sorry about the rant

how would you like your engineering senpai?

For DD consumer shitboxes? With reliability and ease of maintenance kept in mind please.

> $200 for spark plugs and wires

lmao

Eh it's just an lt1

>thinks people shouldn't get paid for their labor

No I mean you'd have to be an idiot to pay someone else for it. You could get plugs and wires and install them yourself for less than a hundred easy.

I changed spark plugs on an LS1 Camaro, the one with half the engine shoved under the dash.

I took off my aftermarket tower brace and coil packs. Got a pivoting ratchet to reach back plugs.

I'm just not a bitch, like OP.

see
Sometimes jobs aren't as easy as they sound my friend.

> buying GM

Holy shit that went right over my head.

If a job was that tedious then they'd charge more than they did