Kevin Rice, head designer at Mazda

What do you think of the recent designs Mazda has churned out under him?

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/car-news/concept/mazda-will-build-rx-vision-if-you-shout-loud-enough
superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1505-guide-to-understanding-the-toyota-2jz-gte-engine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

faggot ass looking designer
faggot ass looking cars

That explains a lot.

>faggot ass looking designer
Name one modern designer that doesn't look like a faggot

Pretty good considering that he has to work with modern safety regulations.

Probably best looking shitboxes on the market right now.

Designers don't design cars anymore. The government is the biggest car designer and they all look like shit.

mazda should make a mazdaspeed2 or make the rumor about making their entire line up rwd reality.
Of these are terrible ideas but mazda is getting boring now. Even the mazdaspeed3 was a little pigfat.

Mazda is what Alfa Romeo pretends to be

In every segment, they have the best car

>DAT DAMN GUBMIT

Rick Owens

>tfw they drive it around
>tfw they want to produce it
topgear.com/car-news/concept/mazda-will-build-rx-vision-if-you-shout-loud-enough

Pic

God it looks even better in natural sunlight than in the black showroom

>Mazda is going broke
>Mazda is thinking about building a halo car

Literally the FD all over again, and we saw how crappy that turned out.

Mazda is perfectly fine financially. They signed a major deal with Toyota and are talk in the dough. Everyone wants Mazdas technology.
Toyota payed the most for it.

How crappy did it turn out again? I remember it beating the shit out of porch 911 in endurance racing for four years straight5

They could just build this with an ICE and I'd buy it. Beautiful car.

The recent Mazda cars look pretty good compared to the other offerings.

I actually think the Mazda 6 Wagon is pretty sex.

I think their cars are attractive looking.

Fantastic designs for sedans, wagons and hatch variants. Keep up the good work.

Amazing colors too if he is involved with that too, the red is phenomenal.

Have you ever worked on one, or lived with one?

It was like they had half the design budget they needed and ran out when it came to packaging and durability testing.

>packaging
The engine is like the size of a half keg, if that.

>durability testing
Seems like it did quite well with the people who knew BASIC maintenance with any engine.

Hell, Mazda even offered a 100k mile warranty on any Renesis engine, regardless of year.

>tfw my peugeot only came with a 36k miles warranty on the engine
>tfw still going strong at 260k miles with just a new fuel pressure sensor
>still on original clutch too

Okay let me try this again.

Have you worked on one, or lived with one?

I am guessing the answer is no, which is why you are bullshitting.

Not him.
But I DD'd an FC for 7 years. Only repair was a starter. Had over 200k when I sold it still running.
Worked on FDs too. No big deal there

>Worked on FDs too. No big deal there
lol, no you didn't

what does your FC have to do with anything?

Sure did. Sometimes I post as rotary mechanic. Believe what you want

>changed the spark plugs
>hurr durr im qualified to RP as a rotary mechanic

This is the guy you were quoting.

So, Yes, I have worked on one. Actually many.

Lived with one, you got me there. I drive my FB everywhere.

You got any other beef you need cooked?

are you the australian retard with the FB?

And you know what, I am going to bump this with shit I have done. Go ahead and say I do not know what I am doing, or what I do not know.

>aussie
Nah, I am a murrican just up late.

Still postan

>Ripping the factory sequential turbo system out makes my point for me.
Stay mad.

a golden turd does shine quite brightly compared to standard turds

>Modifying any car ever makes the point for you
Who is mad, me or you?

displaying the accepted wisdom of a need to redesign entire systems kinda makes his point for him

Are you implying that a system from the beginning is perfect?

Or are you accepting that a redesigned system that qualifies as a more acceptable approach to a more efficient system based upon a more quantifiable procedure is more efficient based upon an individuals monetary endowment versus an engineers strict management of parsimonious spending of their money?

>Modifying any car ever makes the point for you
Ripping out all the emissions and the sequential turbo system makes my point. Nobody is going to argue that single turbo FD is difficult to work on.

Original point:
>It was like they had half the design budget they needed and ran out when it came to packaging and durability testing.

So if the factory package was easy to work on and reliable why didn't you keep it?

Dude you are sperging out hard right now, there is spaghetti everywhere. My advice is to walk away, you are making rotary owners look bad.

the fact that people regularly ditch the rats nest speaks volumes for how well that system was designed.
it's so problematic people just say fuck it and get rid

Design budget does not equal emissions budget.

Ever wonder why the US RX7 ended after 95?

Because 96 was OBDll.

>So if the factory package was easy to work on and reliable why didn't you keep it?
>implying it was or I have.

Seriously dude, If you are on a car forum and expect every car from the showroom to be perfect in every way that the car was designed, you are in for quite some disappointment.

Have you or are you just regurgitating the uninformed opinions of bus riders?

ad hominem.

>but ditching the sequential turbo system for a larger, single compressor has got to happen first

superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1505-guide-to-understanding-the-toyota-2jz-gte-engine/

That is a Toyota Supra TT link.

If you think the RX7's TT is so precious, I would love to give you tons of more links to more JDM tuners that have ditched the OEM's "well designed systems".

That ad hominem was well deserved, you are an idiot.

Butthurt you got btfo lol

>ad hominem
where do you think you are you stupid cunt

Still going at it?

Still gonna hate.

Seriously. Post as someone else. No one cares. Your argument is beyond invalid.

A E S T H E T I C

>More than doubling the 2JZ-GTE's power output isn't hard, according the guys at FSR, but ditching the sequential turbo system for a larger, single compressor has got to happen first.
thanks for outing yourself as a rotary shill.

ricky looks like a massive fag dawg

Oh I apologize. I though this argument was about removing the various hoses and "rats nest" of them from the engine bay, making everything simpler.

Oh you want to talk about power enhancers? Remind me when any Toyota engine can double its power with $100 worth of tools.

don't bully the togay king

His designs are pretty ricey.

>100hp
>wet noodle chassis
>shit tyres
>live rear axle
>open diff
more like gay king amirite?

thats why it's the to-gay king

Sometimes I wonder why I even browse Veeky Forums.

Rotaries attract a lot of sperglord special snowflake types, just look at this thread.

Slowfag bike cunt detected

>Mazda
>going broke
Nah. They're doing fine, and their sales are increasing rapidly. Their new generation of cars get such fantastic reviews that anyone who does any real research online ends up buying a Mazda.
The CX-5 in particular is selling like crazy, and the new CX-9 is just about to come out. And don't forget their deal with Toyota.

That was terrible. You don't deserve to carlospost

>less than 2% market share in US
>nothing special in China

producing one of the best sports cars of the 90s was crappy?

>anyone who does any real research online ends up buying a Mazda
I did my research on the Mazda6 and I ended up getting the Accord.

The Accord is pretty good, but unless you got the V6, the Mazda would have probably been better

Uhh no. Their sales in NA sales have been down all year except for April. March was the worst at %-27

Bought the 4cyl, V6 never.

In that case it's just a slightly more boring mazda6. I hope you bought the manual

Looks Veeky Forums as fuck tbqh. Would not be surprised if I found out he drives a rotary-swapped Citroen DS.

You have to spend some time with them. The major components are designed well. But the overall system has issues, which is why most owners rip out the complication. Mazda knows how to design and build a good chassis, good rotary engine, good trans, good suspension, etc. They suck at trying to pack a sequential turbo setup into a small engine bay.

>At high RPM the intake pulls engine bay air backwards through the intercooler, heating the charge.

>The plastic Air separator tank bursts, creating a massive coolant leak, costing people engines.

>The vacuum solenoids that control the sequential turbo system are sandwiched between the engine and intake manifold cooking them and their hoses. When something goes wrong it is a bitch to diagnose. The whole system could have been greatly simplified and much more durable by being actuated by electric solenoids, I do not know why mazda didn't do it this way. It ends up being this weird combination of digital controlling analog that never seems to work quite right. On the one day it works right, you get how awesome it can be, but it almost never delivers.

>The stock turbo system is a literal 'rats nest' of hoses.

>The sequential turbo housings begin cracking around 60-80k miles. It is an absolute bitch to replace them with the motor in the car.

>The FPR can leak causing engine bay fires

>The radiator is undersized, and the car will overheat if driven hard during the summer in stock form

>Precat clogs and cooks turbos/engines

There is more I just can't remember it off the top of my head. My point wasn't that it is a bad car. My point is that you can't enjoy it with out some scope of reliability mods, and this is a fail in my book.

For modern commuter cars, they look pretty great. I'm sad they moved away from the bubbly and happy-looking Mazdas, and I hope they bring back the Mazdaspeed lineup soon.

I'm actually considering buying a new Mazda 6 GT soon. The ride was wonderful, the interior was great for a modern car, and the price is fantastic.

I agree with you on the problems, especially the turbos I think its always been a problem with Mazda.
Though these days its not really an issue as pretty much any older sports car you buy will need some mods from the start and lots of preventative maintenance.

I don't really care for the RX Vision's front design.

I thought Mazdas were designed by nips.

not the good ones

He looks like a faggot.
go post this on Veeky Forums

Kia would like a word with you

>Rice
>head designer at Mazda

I am a graphic designer and I don't look like a faggot.