Quick, someone teach me how to drive a manual

Quick, someone teach me how to drive a manual.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=How to drive a manual
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>>/initiald/

Neutral
-
Clutch in
-
Slam gear stick in 1st
-
Let clutch go slowly with a bit of gas
-
And continue until 5th
-
???
-
Profit

how to stop quick if asshole cut you off

FOOT OFF GAS
-
CLUTCH
-
BRAKE

**DO NOT RELEASE CLUTCH*

do a skid uleh

TO ADD TO THIS

KEEP CLUTCH IN AND SHIFTER IN NEUTRAL WHILE NOT MOVING

Beat me to it.
But yeah

You hit the brake before the clutch you sheltered American cuckold

Isn't keeping the clutch in when in neutral riding the clutch or is that only when you have a gear selected?

Emergancy stop (kid jumped in front);
Release gas pedal.
Push clutch down completely. Do not release.
Immediately after pushing the clutch down, push firmly and quickly (not hard) onto break pedal.

Car will stop. Before starting again do the following:
Look around dumbass. Don't get prepped to go unless you're clear.
Clutch should still be down. Switch to gear 1.
Look left, mirror, blind spot, behind. Look right, mirror blind spot.
Then repeat left again.
Do the opposite (right, left, right) if you're American.

>all these big words
>not using superior automatic cars
lmao

go to the arcade and play initial d

So say I stop in third gear. Do I push the clutch in and skip to one, or do I have to go to 2 then 1?

If the car is stopped, straight to one.
You do not need to switch to 2 then 1.

If you have to slow down so much that third gear starts to stall/vibrate the car (think turning corner), switch to one gear lower.

If you have the car stopped; gear 3 then parking in a road, or gear 3 then Emergancy stop, you can switch to gear 1 immediately instead.

Here's other things that can happen;
Going fast then switching to a lower gear will fling you forward and worst case fuck your gearbox and your car up. Switch carefully.

Going too slow and switching to a higher gear will stall the car. Makes a fool of yourself but isn't as bad as above. Be sure to restart your car quickly. Remember to bite the clutch and Rev the engine on hills with the parking break engaged.

Going from a fast gear 2 to a gear 4; this is possible, albeit not easy. You can get fast enough (say downhill) to skip gears.

Wrong, try again you mental Tiny Tim

Should I switch to 1 every time I stop or just neutral then back to the gear I was in before?

Also thanks a ton

If you have stopped completely, you absolutely must switch to gear 1 to continue travelling.
Stationary to gear 2 will stall you 99% of the time, even if you're on a down hill.
I've seen so many girls fail test because they stalled going downhill because they tried to use the downhill motion of the car and didn't use gear 1.

If you have stopped and won't be moving for a while (parking or traffic), switch to neutral to save your legs.

Ask away. I had a really good driving tutor who taught me how to master the clutch.

So when you are in neutral at a light in line does one typically take their foot off of the clutch when the car is in neutral or do you leave it on the whole time?

Push the clutch in all the time it allows for faster shifting.

Also delete system 32

>Accelerate
>Reach peak revs
>Force gear stick into desired gear
>Crunching and grinding noises mean a successful gearchange

Light traffic; foot on clutch gear 1, parking break engaged, other foot above gas pedal.
Medium; foot off clutch, neutral, other foot above gas pedal.
Heavy; foot off clutch, neutral, other foot resting elsewhere.

lmgtfy.com/?q=How to drive a manual
Kill yourself faggot

Attendum on clutch;
Find a quiet road, have the car parked.
Engage parking break, foot on clutch gear 1.
Slowly lift foot upward. You should feel the car vibrate and lift up/sound different.

That's the clutch biting. If you release the parking break and lift your foot off the clutch any more, the car will move.

Remember this. You don't have to use the parking break but it helps compensate on hill starts or starts where you are afraid of stalling. The parking break gives you necessary power and room to rev the engine.

Foot on clutch? What's a clutch? Are you telling me you cucks actually use three pedals AND a stick? I thought it was just an extra stick. What a load of shit. So not only do you only have 1 hand on the wheel but you have an extra foot petal to worry about.

No wonder nobody drives manual anymore, imagine how many more accidents there must have been.

worse than that, these faggots can't even agree on the right way to drive a manual.

Clutch in. Start car. Select gear. Rev to the redline and take foot off clutch fast. Next gear? Gas off clutch in change gear clutch out gas on. Need to stop? Push clutch and brake at the same time. Figure out the specific car your self after that.

>I thought it was just an extra stick.
and this fucking moron thinks we're the problem

The only "hard" part is getting the starts down. Once you master 1st gear everything falls into place. Imagine the clutch and accelerator pedals as two sides of a weight scale, you need to figure out the proper timing and force for releasing the clutch slowly while depressing the accelerator.

Also, remember to use your ankle on the clutch, not your thigh or knee. Find the perfect foot placement for using your heel as a pivot point, you get a lot more control over the clutch by using your ankle to pivot your foot than moving your entire leg up and down, newbies forget this all the time.

I just spent about three hours teaching my little brother how to drive my 6MT M3(TiAg) in preparation for owning his own(silbergrau), so ask if you have any questions, the lessons are still fresh and I did a pretty good job as he has yet to stall in a high traffic environment.

1.Push clutch in
2.Put in first
3. Find point where clutch is showing the most resistance slowly release from there while giving it gas so the rpm's don't drop and you stall
4.Car moves release clutch completely
5.Accelerate
6.Push clutch in move to next gear and tap gas to avoid sudden change in momentum then release clutch completely
7.Repeat step 6 for all other gears except 1st

>No wonder nobody drives manual anymore

But the yurocucks all do it just fine

1. get into car
2. get out of car
3. buy an automatic like a civilized human being
4. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????fuk u?????????????????????????????????????????????
5. Profit

Wrong Trolling Tricia. The engine helps slow you down. You only clutch in when you're in danger of stalling.

You're that girl that acts tough to hide how ugly she thinks she is and has no understanding of the world, aren't you?

In: Pushing pedal down
Out: Letting pedal go

Going from stop:
Clutch in>First gear>Let clutch out until it starts to grab. You might feel it in the pedal and the car will start to move, shake and the rpms drop.>Add gas as the clutch grabs and let the clutch out. If you add to much gas, you can slip the clutch or launch the car. Too little, and you'll stall and bog. Practice this somewhere. Your rpms shouldn't vary much at all if you're doing this right. If you're on an hill and you'll roll back, you'll need more gas.

Going while moving/downshifting:
Put car in gear needed for speed and acceleration>Give car some gas to bring the engine up to speed and let the clutch out, catching the rpms at the right moment. If you feel a sudden kick from behind (you get forced back into your seat) you revved to high;get shoved forward and the front of the car dips and you didn't give it enough gas. Careful, as this is hard on your car if done wrong.
Going faster/upshifting:
Clutch in>Change gear up>Let clutch out and add gas as needed to maintain or bring up revs.
Stopping:
Brake as usual. When your revs drop too low for the engine to handle without stalling (depends on gear, but usually below 1.5k you should put it in neutral), press the clutch in and shift into neutral. Let the clutch out when in neutral.
Bad Habits:
Keeping your foot on the clutch, or keeping clutch in while in neutral.
Keeping your hand on the shifter.
Being sloppy and letting your clutch equalize your revs. You should feel nothing when shifting and your rpms should always move smoothly, not jumpy.
Tips:
Always leave ample room in front of you when learning so you don't rear end someone
Be careful of your reverse gear, as some gearboxes are easy to slip into reverse.
Don't panic and DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT IMPATIENT PEOPLE. If you stall, or take to long to get going it doesn't matter. The people behind you can wait or go around.

Spotted the faggot whos never been cut off before.

Do you even know how to drive?

Sure, its more efficient to use the engine to slow down, but for quick braking without much anticipation you hit the clutch so you aren't fighting the engine while you slow down.

>but for quick braking without much anticipation you hit the clutch so you aren't fighting the engine while you slow down
You were in a horrible car accident and lost brain function weren't you? The engine helps slow you down a tiny bit and doesn't do much otherwise. It is physically impossible for it to fight you while braking unless you keep your foot on the gas.

The simplest advice is hold the clutch, rev it till it goes BAM BAM BAM BAM, then dump the clutch into first for maximum respect

>not downshifting and clutch braking while tapping the brakes

Sure clutch braking isn't the ideal in every situation, but it's definitely faster in the 2nd-4th gear range than going in neutral and relying on brakes.

jesus fucking christ the cringe.

Tfw a shit ton of torque lets me star from 2nd or even 3rd gear.

Lol moron. Putting the clutch in is going to reduce resistance and make you decelarate slower. You only put the clutch in after you've slowed down so you don't stall, or ideally to downshift. Even in 5th, having the engine in gear will help reduce speed.

Rev to 9000 & dump clutch

clutch breaking is fun as fuck because everybody thinks your brake lights are out until you finally use them to get down to 0 in 1st gear

Unless it's a diesel

>Let clutch go slowly with a bit of gas

Every fucking time I see this shit.

Nobody ever fucking mentions to get to the grab point and HOLD IT THERE FOR A LITTLE BIT until the engine is fully engaged.

God damn.

The hardest part is making sharp turns slowly. You can't decelerate in the turn, because the engine will rotate slower and then stall.
So, decelerate before the corner. Shift into second, then turn. Or if you're going too slow, either shift into first or just ride the clutch.
But never just take a turn with the clutch completely depressed. That is not good.

And don't be too afraid of riding the clutch. You pretty much have to do it. It's hard to avoid, if you want to drive smoothly. Just release the clutch slowly when starting. I know it feels bad. But it's how everyone does it.

step on the clutch
put it in 1st gear
let off clutch slowly
GAS GAS GAS
I WANNA STEP ON THE GAS TONIGHT AND FLY

Until you get rear ended by a Chinese lady.

I haven't regularly browsed Veeky Forums in years. This should have been the first reply what the fuck is wrong with you people?

Next you'll be claiming that sheet metal is real.

remember pushing the clutch down gives a momentary burst of speed.

If you need to slow/stop and push the clutch down to prevent stalling, compensate for this burst of speed.

slow down and change to 2 before a corner. try not to do it during the maneuver or you might wobble.
change to 1 if your turn goes uphill or is super narrow. and you must be slow.

try not to use the clutch to slow down. You'll throw yourself forward and it's a risk to everyone.

and get a car above 1.2L for fuck sake. it's a health hazard to drive a sub 1L car because it doesn't go fast enough, and hitting the gas pedal dashes you forward. it's just not predictable.

get a 1.4-1.6 MINIMUM.

>put clutch in
>rev up till on limiter
>release clutch
drive like this everywhere

I've noticed that with most cars 1st shift is before 15km/h, 2nd is past 20 up until 30km/h. 3rd is up until 40~km/h, 4th is up until about 60, and 5th is from 60 to infinite. Haven't driven any car with more than 5 shifts(not including reverse). I also have noticed that diesel cars tend to have you shift at about 2krpm whereas gas cars shift at 3k-4krpms.

This is all for regular urban driving. You can always learn to do as almost every manual driver does, by the sound of the engine.

Clutch in
Rev to 9K
Dump the clutch like bam bam bam
Drive like a boss

Leaving the clutch in excessively will wear out your throw out bearing. If you're in traffic and there's at least one or two cars in front of you, put it in neutral and take your foot off the clutch. If you're first in line, then first gear with clutch in.

>his penis is not long/strong enough to reach and extra pedal

that's why automatic is made for woman and faggots

I also learned on an E46 M3. It probably would be better to learn on a shittier car because the S54 has enough torks that it's really hard to actually stall the car.

if you're not moving you put the thing into neutral so you can release the clutch, the bearings arent made to be held in for a really long time

>he will bever know the feeling

How does nobody realise this is bait? what the fuck is wrong with you all?

Git gud
Seriously, just practice. I believe in you

If you dont drive a manual I really have no idea what youre doing with your life

Are you retarded ?
In an emergency, you only brake and don't give a fuck about clutch.
You only clutch when out of danger.
Stalling is not a problem.

Busy driving superior automatic cars like a normal person?

Sometimes bait just has too much truth in it to ignore.

>superior

stalling isn't a problem in an emergancy stop, but its so simple to press down the clutch you might as well do it.

Everything automatic is better. Do you faggot hipsters with your shit manuals also prefer to roll down your windows manually, lock your car doors manually? Why use a computer or the internet? Just fucking send a telegram why don't you. Fucking hipsters.

Why drive a car maaan just like get an electric scooter that drives itself! dude automation lmao

>some things are fun
>some things are not fun

He's a new driver, hes not going to know how to downshift properly.