FIRST FOR

4 4 T O N N E S
T
O
N
N
E
S

Goddammit I'm getting my trainer tomorrow, Roehltard is it you? They put me and three other noobs in a rental car and sent us up the east coast to intercept moving trainer targets one at a time. So far we spent all day driving and found one trainer.

Confirmed for hwut?

New hire working logistics/shipping at a Tech firm. Over the past 4-5 weeks I have gotten a massive respect for LTL drivers.
Shouting out to any DC area Polaris drivers.

>mfw sitting in Indiana with malfunctioning air conditioning and its too fucking hot to sleep

>live SF bay area
>december comes around
>turn the heater up and get warm blankets when temp drops below 49F
>have to endure this every winter morning when showering
>its summer
>turn on AC, get ice pack, wear shorts when it goes above 75F
Such is the life of a califag

Having to unload this was fun.

>Nothing banded to the skids
>Insulting level of wrapping
I'd expect to get charged for being a fuckwit if I ever shipped something in that condition.

*niggers

Fuckin keg loads, man.
Budweiser don't give a shit.
They require you to strap or load lock before they let you out the gate, but they make zero effort to contain their pallets.
I always take a picture before the doors close, and a picture when it opens.

Keg loads always collapse. Always.
The best part is when you open up at the consignee and three or four kegs roll off the back and start bouncing their merry way across the lot.

I guarantee you nothing behind those bulkheads was wrapped.
They literally stand a bunch of wobbly kegs on a pallet, then put another wobbly pallet of kegs on top, shove the inevitable disaster on the truck and call it a day.
It's disgusting.

It seriously takes 2 minutes to band and wrap a pallet, even by hand. I would get fired if I sent out a skid with just a single shitty wrap. In fact I just filed a complaint with a supplier because they shipped 20K worth of specialized one off hardware loose on a skid.
>10 boxes just sitting on a fucking skid, no packing list, no markings, just a waybill taped to the top of one of the boxes with my address.
One of the boxes got rekt because the shipper didn't make em secure their load, and now I can't make schedule because I was supposed to turn it right around in a kit.

I saw that, and it made me sick to my stomach. Like I said, I would get fucking fired for doing the same thing, not because we missed a deadline, or damaged expensive hardware. But because I didn't do a good job.
>Yes I take pride in my Logistics/Shipping position
>I'm that guy that OCDs pallets together inside of a carton so they are evenly balanced, and level. Then bands it before covering it in a generous amount of wrap with pic related

This is the first time this shit has happened. Fixing all those pallets was exhausting, they definitely need to use something other than flimsy shrink wrap to secure these things. But the damage is done, and I'm sure as fuck.

What does it mean?

Does it mean USA only haul 44 tonnes instead of the standard 60 tonnes?

Are the American trucks so weak?

Why don't they have proper 700+ HP trucks with 3300Nm+?

There's one upshot to amheuser busch loads, and it's pretty good.
The policy for their distributors is, if the seal is intact on arrival, sign the bills and take up any discrepencies with the shipper.
So the driver doesn't have to deal with os&d of any kind, including if a pallet falls over and smashes to shit.

Murritrucks haul
3 6 T O N N E S

T
O
N
N
E
S

And it's not the equipment, it's the roads and bridges.

so much for being 1st world

Sup truckfags.

Starting a cdl-a school soon at a community college, but also 20 days after completion I start at a technical college for hvac(free GI BILL)

The cc is free too because vet and unemployed. They want people to have a job a month after, the career guy doesnt like when people get their cdl and do other shit than hit the road, makes since.

So I'm in a moral dilemma. Do i get my cdl and still go to school and fuck them I'll do what i want.

Or what other options locally can i find jobs that are mostly day or late night so i can also focus on school (1 year, hvac associate degree)

I know theres dump trucks, waste management, school buses, city buses.

Kind like something seasonal or part time. Once i get this school thing done I'm going to hit the road and also look into getting a vet business loan and buy a truck or two and get my buddy to help (he's doing same class, but going otr right off the bat)

>"Rookie user, I need a count of all the tubs in the old lot trailer. Go climbing."

At least dispatch tries to get me hours... r-right?

What was your MOS? If you had any tactical vehicle licenses, they may allow you to waive driving tests. I got my CDL-A w/ endorsements only having to take written tests in California. Look up troops to trucks (your state).

>Mfw 550 hp 1950 torque no governor STILL not enough compared to you eurocucks

So yesterday I ran up and down some pretty big grades with load and my Intertrashional's oil gauge was 220-250 F, I called the senior driver and asked if a clogged oil cooler is a common problem, which he confirmed it is. I checked the oil at my stop and at home, it was good (right under full, pressure never dropped but this morning a different driver threw a pissy fit that the oil was low. Could somone explain this to me, I'm pretty sure I am not an idiot and know how to read the dipstick.

You guys bitch about messy loads like this but that used to be everyday part of life when I was a walmart truck unloader. The warehouse just threw all the boxes in there, like several thousand boxes per trailer of all shape and size. We'd sort them out and palletize them. We used to hate the drivers so much because they'd just drop off the mess and leave with an empty while getting paid way more than us.

Were you at an actual Wal-Mart or a DC? Because when I deliver to DCs all my stuff is neat and palletized.

A walmart store.

That's normal oil temp.
Or did you mean water temp?

That explains it, trucks were the same way when I worked at Toys R Us. It was only for the Christmas season but fucking christ did they not give a shit loading those trailers. Just boxes stacked to the ceilings which we then sorted and palletized.

Crossposting a shitpost about a story from Monday:

>driving in downtown chicago
>working a construction site so I've got my party hat on
>they need me to make two right turns to get the rest of the load
>both times signal right from the center lane
>both times a cab goes full retard and tries to pass me on the right
>both times they bitch out and slam on their brakes in the middle of the intersection
>both times push hardhat forward, jump out, and ask "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK A RIGHT TURN SIGNAL MEANS? GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY"
>force them to make a right turn they didn't want to make
>smile and wave to the pedestrians before driving over the sidewalk with air horns blaring
>shut down a 5 lane one way to back into the job site
>don't even touch the throttle and let the truck go back at its own pace
>foreman impressed by the lack of fucks I've given
>assigns the tiny guy with the big mouth to count out my load
>pedestrians stop and stare at him losing his shit
Not a bad way to make $800 on top of the $1250 I made that morning.

I get breddy gud LTL loads from Polaris, but usually only East of Cleveland.

>tfw been in the shop for A/C three days this week

>no load locks on the false bulkhead
How the fuck did they let you off the lot?

>Once i get this school thing done I'm going to hit the road and also look into getting a vet business loan and buy a truck or two and get my buddy to help (he's doing same class, but going otr right off the bat)
You're going to need a six figure loan to get that hot mess off the ground.

Oil expands when it's hot. The level will be low if the engine is cold.

The mechanics figured out my ac issue is a combination broken line and seized valve. They want to replace both, but i gey a "new" truck next week.
Pic unrelated.

Mfw 8 minutes later.

I meant oil, it was hitting 250+ pulling grades and that is way higher than usual

Kinda what I guessed, but going from just below full mark to not even on the stick seems extraordinary. Good job not giving fucks.

I'm gonna do a full PM when the truck gets back, I'm playing yard dog today

This dindu has been chimping out over macropoint for the last hour.
>it's in his employment contract
>took him over a year to notice

Mine was a leaking O-ring that fucked the expansion valve and two refrigerant lines, then the speed sensor on the blower motor melted after they did that. I was in the shop for 17 hours but they only charged me for 7 after parts it came out to $1100.

Kind of miss playing yard dog. Might hop on the contract to play at the Indianapolis airport for FedEx this holiday rush just for shits and giggles.

>oil, it was hitting 250+ pulling grades and that is way higher than usual
IME that's due to a clogged oil filter

youtube.com/watch?v=sXls4cdEv7c

Tesla Autopilot for trucking when?

>Implying a load lock would've saved those from shifting left and right

There was enough space on either side for kegs to fall. I'm surprised you're not on them for using a layer of shrink wrap to secure that much weight.

>chillin with his shirt off

kek

> a smooth operator could have kept them upright.

Git gud ya scrub.

Most eurotrucks are company cuckboxes with less than 500 hp. Your rig's alright.

>those mirrors
Freightliner. I cant say much, pic related.

So far theyve replaced my ac compressor, expansion canister, condensor, and SOME of the lines. Everytine they get it working something else goes out. The boss is getting the new tuck for me so they can put this in the shop and do a full frame off. Then put it back on the road for another (almost) million miles.
>current odometer

>your rigs alright

Thanks. For a 9 year old freightliner she does wonderful.

Would it have to be a smooth operator operating correctly?

That might help

I hauled AB for over a year. Never had keg paletts wrapped, empty or full. Keeping a load like that upright is a matter of driver skill, and a part of driver skill is load securement. If you couldn't figure out how to use the lips on a bulkhead for side to side stability you could have at least used airbags.

Mine is over 1.1M. I've had all of that replaced in the last year except the condensers. Need to finish up swapping out the rest of the hoses, but after a new turbo it won't be due for an inframe for at least another 200k.

If you can't drive with a cup of coffee on your dash you can't drive.

1.1 million? Nice. Gotta love these work horses and their longevity.

you're truck is all janky and the boomper is misaligned and you haven't installed ML tuning headlights

The truck I started with at Skyline was the same as TF's, had 1.5mil on it. Those things are beasts.

What does tf drive?

Trucks used to average 3.5M on inframes before electronics and emissions totally fucked their longevity.

05 Freightliner Columbia with a Detroit Series 60 14.0L.

These city driving stories warm my heart.

Better add to the cuckshed folder since I got the thread named after it.

>05 Freightliner Columbia with a Detroit Series 60 14.0L.

2007 here.This truck stopped in effingham about 2 years ago. Buddy of mine had it at the time. He did a pretty good job setting this thing up. Some of my stats.

Fucking chicago...

It costs a lot more money to maintain a lot more road.

I've never driven a truck outside of ETS. How long would it take me to get my CDL/ required shit and get a job? Sorry I bet this question gets asked a ton.

I had no idea there were regular trucking threads on Veeky Forums. I just happened to come across an older thread when looking up info on Abilene Motor Express.

What does every one do here? Mostly OTR guys or is it pretty mixed? I work for Con-way truckload. I've been searching for a different job, but freight in my hometown sucks so all the good jobs are filled. So it's either move or suck it up and keep living in my shit box.

CDL courses are a few weeks. You can sign a contract with a company which requires you to be with them for a year and get trained to get a CDL for free or you can pay out of pocket/possibly get a grant to go to school. Mine was 3 weeks. After you apply at a mega carrier who will hire anyone with a pulse and you go out with a trainer from 3 to 6 weeks depending on the company, and then you're free as a bird.

A lot of otr lurk here, i'm midwest regional. (Mi, oh, ky, tn, in, il)
Got some local guys like yourself here also.

Could it really be this easy? I'm surprised there aren't more truckers out there.

Yes. It really is that easy. Most people quit because they can't handle the lifestyle change/they end up being too intimidated by the job. If you stick it out you'll be successful.

>tfw nobody got the RATM reference

Never showered at a truck stop before, how long is too long to stay in the shower? I want to sit in this room to shitposting and jack off.

>mfw every day at work some dude in a single axle daycab shows up with a dual axle 53' trailer and picks up a load

It blows my fucking mind every day

Kill yourself welfare queen

Why is this surprising?

>tiny truck
>big trailer

Guess I'm just not used to seeing that since almost all the rest of the trucks we load up are the big OTR shits with big ass sleepers

I had one last year in jersey
>going to "daylight express"
>have like a list of 50 turns I need to make to be legal on the streets
>manage to pull this off and arrive at daylight at my appt time
As I pulled up to the guard shack I was informed I had to park on the street and walk up even if it's my appt time. He then tells me to go down past the bridge and turn around
>have to back out onto the street, cars everywhere,have to saw it a few times head to bridge
Bridge is 11'6
>as I contemplate my life and re affirm I should never trust anyone
I see an elderly Mexican complete with straw hat slowly walk out to a gate and wave at me, he then opens said gate and waves me into his junkyard
It was tight but I managed a loop to pop myself back out onto the street, as I pull up I shut off the truck and thank him profusely he answers with
>"thank you for not taking out my fence" and starts walking back to his lawn chair

>ey, is this yo first time to joysy?
Uh, yes.
>welcome to the worst fukkin part of joysy
Thank you?
I liked that forklift guy
Tbh whiney I did the Busch runs too,worst I ever had was those plastic bulkheads falling over..need to cut back on the multi lane drifting, the speed stars aren't looking for truckers
Western eleven here, for now anyways.

>get truck out of short service
>Litterally more problems than when it went in
>secondary airtank still leaks
>window still has not been replaced
>glue used to attach "safety" equipment still not working
>lights still stroke out at random intervals so bad people think I'm signalling it's ok to merge
>qualcomm now takes 30 minutes to boot up if at all
>still under warranty
>"i couldn't find anything wrong with it man.."
It's not even at 90k yet
I once helped out a bunch of temps re palletize a swift intermodal container. That I suspect was dropped while I was getting live unloaded. Shit sux man
>when you see it..

I do Busch runs a lot too and nothing has ever happened. It was my first time carrying those baby kegs though.

So finally got back to work after taking two weeks off for moving and handling some family stuff
>>"hey NE-tard, we're gonna start sending some regular OTR dudes with you for training on your expedited auto runs so they too can be up to speed etc"
>>mfw theres no difference except having to juggle paperlogs and knowing which docks to report to at these massive Ford/GM plants
>>I'ts only been 8 months still I've got my cdl
>>some of these OTR dudes been at it for +20 yrs
>>sharing my Volvo d13 waifu with middle aged neckbeards
>>basically training my replacement
>>"heh...y-yeah no worries"

On the plus side - our company recently started a flatbed division and I'm next to be transferred to it so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Plan to get my hazmat/tanker/duallies endorsements this summer
As well as practice/study for LSATs. Gotta have an exit strategy to this trucking game...

What are all y'all summer plans? (Trucking/non-trucking)

Another roehl-tard is born.
>>tfw Veeky Forums is not really a Polynesian papyrus cartoon posting board but a Roehl recruitment strategy

I see a lotta Polaris trucks come down from Quebec on 401. They're always 5kmph slower than everyone else. Shit sux

Lol I regularly pick up at this foam place. They literally just dump shit into the trailer and hand me paperwork. In and out in like 20 mins tops.
Pic related

Did I ever tell u, you are my hero
Also, delivered at Charlotte NC earlier today and since 77 is perpetually fucked, used them side streets. At one point, I just had my highway horn blaring while driving down a tight suburban road so all the soccer moms didn't suddenly open their doors only to be smashed away by 76k lbs of plastic and steel.

You have the same luck with equipment as whiney does with routing.
Whiney v2.0

>>Midwest regional
Ayy! Throw in a few northern states + Ontario and we're basically twins

Time for u to be a tripfag, gordo

The fat one is one of like 4 of us that post regularly but don't name or tripfag.
He just kinda subnamefags by referring to his company all the time.

>If you can't drive with a cup of coffee on your dash you can't drive.
US Route 69 in Oklahoma would like a word with you.

Also do not tell me that you carried load securement airbags in your company wageslave days.

US69 so bumpy my trainers grill popped off his freightshaker

>show up at 1200 30 mins early for appointment
>hmm, your appointment isnt until tomorrow, come back at 0400, and we might work you in early
>show up at 0359
>what are you doing here, we dont take inbounds this early
>mfw

why is the last load before heading home always an adventure?

Sorry, not a ratm fan.

Generally speaking you are good for about an hour. After that (if theres a line) management might start knocking.

>US69 so bumpy my trainers grill popped off his freightshaker

Shakin' the shaker.

19d cav scout in a heavy unit.I have my licenses from over the years with a bunch of vehicles on it, but I looked at the military vehicle skills test or something by the fed commission, and in my state it only counts if you just got out after 2 years, or are active duty and can have a commander sign it. I'm at the 3 year mark so looks like I'm SOL.

Figured probably about half a mil to get going. Where are the costs associated at? I would expect to buy a truck or two and contract. Like i said i'm so new in this field so what spewing from my texts is bullshit most likely, but 2 trucks for contract work. Is it cheaper to hire on a diesel mech or go to a shop? I've heard of schnieder doing some type of program for if you own your own truck and they do like a fuel program where they pay

HA

Aw do I have to? I'd have to decide between gordofag or orangefag.
Can't I just keep putting my blue hood in the photo?

Nice. I'm getting a new turbo and clutch and heading up around the 675hp/2300ft/lb range. The diesel doctor in Effingham does good work pulling bloat code out, but he's no power tuner.

There are about 4 million shitheads rolling around and about 10x as many with experience. How many do you think there should be?

Lawl I'm now hearing my hometown flooded over night.

*yawn* *smacks lips* oh..sup long haul cucks

Alright you got me. I don't see anything in pic. Maybe those two trailers are leaning like fuck and the landing gear is fucked, but I thought that was just a visual effect of your camera.

Yet other countries without so many taxpayers to pay for it can do heaps better.

Stay jew.

wear flip flops or get fungus growing on your feet

Considering murrica only hauls babby tier weight. I'm not surprised.

I've always been told that anything under 300ยบ F on oil or trans temp is fine.

Heres the full list
550 hp
1950 torque
Governor set to 140mph (i say none, at that speed who's going to argue semantics?)
Electronic egr delete (no more check engine light for me)
75psi fuel injectors

My buddy had the electronic turbo droop taken out, but a few months after that the vpod and turbo both took a shit. Theyre both set to factory spec right now.

Yep it's the legs.
>got up at TA went in for water and brekkist chatted with a guy working at milky way, he was a former rohel driver
>stop for fuel, chat up a flat bedder from rohe
We watched a technician charged with cleaning up the debris around the fuel isle pushing a paper cup with a gas powered leaf blower
At first I thought "what the fuck is wrong with that engine?" as I heard it coming from the rohel truck then he walked out from behind the fuel pump. Poor guy, I told him to go stand in front of the supervisors office and try moving things with it after telling him of the shitty leaf blower I use to clean out the truck
> moe snacks
Also holy fuck am I ever going bald. It's thin in person and no. Existent in photos..

Series question truckerfags, im enrolled to start CDL next thursday and want to make hourly rather than cpm. If I do find a job like that, what are the odds ill find something in the mid to semi mid 20's? (IE 23-27hr)

Lowes,saia,sysco,Conway or whatever the name is now would be the place to ask. The real question is are you located in a place to do that? For local gigs you generally need to be within x miles of the place. Classes usually won't cover pup trailers and running dubs or trips past the cursory blerb to pass the test, And it will definitely be something you want some grasp of before working with them as it's a big deal for most of the local company deals

well I live in KS and the school is about 30miles away so not far. Theres a homedepo in the area and a few others. Mostly thinking of going hazmat later on though

When should I start worrying about how high this water is?

Hop on truckers report and punch in your zip code see what's around you. Home depo outsources to the mC companies so you won't find anything remotely good short of being the on call delivery driver. I do know the distribution centers have jb hunt local guys you could look at them too.
When your toes get wet or when it starts moving with a purpose

I got you a present.

>pic related

>19b
>cowboy hats
>Bradleys
Bretty cool guys... for soldiers ;^)

It's burning oil, gonna get a fluid flush and filter change, that should calm her down.

Thanks for all the protips /tfg/

Rookie in the 20$ range? You gotta run cars haulers or HAZMAT to get that. I make 23$ (average) running tankers of oil/septic/grease/fuel, but I've got 5+ years in the environmental response business.

I'd suggest gaining experience before buying trucks, unless the loan entitlement has an expiry date.

When it gets to the air intake or the truck starts moving by itself.

Also if it gets any higher get ready to see an ABS light all the fucking time.

Juat got to the yard. Done for the weekend. So ill probably be ignoring my phone. You fellow Truckers have a good weekend when you finally get to it and keep that thing greasy side down.

>Out for two weeks
>Home two days
>Load to New Jersey
>Out for another two weeks
>Get home
>Three days off
>Another load

Must be nice to be working dispatch, 9AM-5PM, home every night and off weekends. Sure you have to deal with the likes of me but I think the benefits outweigh the negatives.

>Two and a half weeks in training
>Get home
>Solid 3 days off
>Get load info
>Dispatch calls a while later
>"Change of plans. Take this other load. You'll get an extra day of home time."
Neat.jpg

>seat
Unless you work the ECT crew. Work nights and weekends lol

>im enrolled to START CDL
>odds of find a $23-27/hr as a noob
Slim to none unless you suck off the owner of a small LTL company. You gotta grind the shit jobs before you land a new one. You really think all the cuckedpermile fags in here would ride that cuck shed of theirs with no home time if they could find a job like that straight out of school?