Local car club discussion

Local car club discussion.

Anyone have any good local car clubs or stories about local car clubs?
Around my area we have the WCEC it's basically mostly either stancefags or people talking up their Saturn ions. Honestly that reading that groups Facebook page makes the average Veeky Forums thread look coherent and well thought out in comparison.
Every time I go down to the river I see a group of these faggots revving up their 90s shitstangs and showing off their epic mods.

And in my town we have this little group of guys that all drive jacked up El Caminos, not really sure where I stand on that.

Pic unrelated.

How do people talk up Saturn Ions? I own one and saw a Mexican in one with a big exhaust tip. It's the epitome of a commuter shitbox

No idea user. I've always thought they were complete garbage but the kids around here will try to mod them into tuners. I guess they were too poor to afford a civic or a celica

One of the posts I read yesterday was about a kid who was pissed off that some old lady thought his window decals were gay. The guy had a comp cams decal on his saturn ion. He is a living breathing meme.

There's a 30-60's club that meets at a local restaurant and a 300+ club that meets at a local parking lot. Both have goods and bads. The classic cars are mostly owned by rich retired people who've never turned a wrench. The other one is mostly 90's imports with glory mods that, if anything, rob power.

This guy looks like that guy people always post in /b/ cringe threads.

Saturn's reputation precedes them. The old SL1s (and the SCs as well) are surprisingly nimble, nigh indestructible, and have a kick-ass aircon.

The Ion is a badge-engineered Cobalt. You get what you paid for.

Know any good roads past lake Pepin OP? MNCEC isn't much better. Literally only 'YOU ON HERE BRO?' and Subaru posts.

Small group in washington that meets on occasion. Been difficult gaining more members though.

I heard some of the early saturns are alright but I never really looked into it. When you think about it Saturn was a wierd company

Hah, one of my favorite roads is in La Crosse, bliss road can be pretty cool if you don't get stuck behind a short bus.

I wonder if it's just our area that breeds these faggots? Have you seen that asshole who drives around that V6 90s mustang with the cateyes on the headlights?

There is this local BMW E46 club, quite popular
The sad thing is, there are literally no E46 M3s in the club
tfw poorfag country

Probably because in mn thr roads are too shit to even leave the parking lot. No, I haven't seen mr mustang. I'll keep an eye out for it. I live in the cities so getting down to lacrosse would be a hike, so I usually cruise down and go into the ABC roads around redwing and Durand. Thankfully I usually have it all to myself.

Lucky man, I gotta hit more backroads myself. My favorite are the bluff roads.

The WCEC doesn't seem to obsess over subarus for some reason, it's more of a mixed bag but the car modders are terrible. Pic related. These are some meme grade stancers.

They're extremely good for 90s American cars due to the fact that they weren't forced to run with the GM standard parts bin- the old Saturns are actually built on their own platform, and in terms of reliability and cost were pretty close to the Hondas and Toyotas of the day. They were special cars.

Unfortunately that didn't sit well at all with the other divisions of GM, and eventually they bullied the parent company into forcing Saturn to conform. That's why we ended up with horseshit like the Ion and Vue.

And then, of course GM wondered why Saturns wouldn't sell.

Try heading to Kent, if you're nearby. Fuckton of cars meet there often for street drag. Anything from ricers to GT-Rs and even a Z06.

>laying on a thin aluminum hood
christ

Posting pics from a recent meet I went to called TSL (Toyota Scion Lexus) day in Auburn, Washington. You could drag race your car as many times as you wanted for 40 bucks, or do a guided 5 lap circuit run for 50 I think. It was a pretty cool meet, people came in from Canada, Oregon, even Idaho.

Anybody lurking? I've got like 5 or 6 more

Pretty standard GM move. It's gotta be rough to be a fan of a company GM turned into a joke.

Anyone actually in a car club?

Yeah, a miata club

Yeah really

I'm actually going on a club cruise this Saturday

>your average 86 owner
kek

did all you guys meet on Grindr?

nah I met your dad on there though

I seriously doubt that guy's dad runs a tofu shop.

Kek
But seriously what happens when that one guy with the s2000 shows up?

The guy with the K24 swap kicks his ass on the tooj

My city has the typical ricer scene that's full of douchebags, but there's some good people there. Mostly Japanese cars. There's a big Boomer meet every Friday, that's where all the classics go. And once a month the Volvo enthusiasts have a little meetup. The Volvo people are by far the friendliest and most welcoming of the car meets I've been to.

I live in Orlando, so a lot of ricers and stancefags. UCF has a car club, but they're mostly madpoors who cry about daddy's money anytime they hear about a Rollins student having an actual nice car instead of a slammed miata.

nice nb. shame about the 120hp

He's the guy with the K24 swap m8. He's pushing 225 at the wheels