Good deal or Ripoff 240sx?

Been looking for a nice 240sx for a while because I secretly want to be Iketani from Initial D.

I've seen a couple locally but just about everything I've test driven has been somewhere between clapped out drift garbage to slightly less clapped out drift garbage. However I finally found one that doesn't suck.

Actually, it's great. Fully rebuilt SR20 Blacktop, lowered suspension setup (stock geometry, no stance nation shit), great paint with no body mods, bolt in cage, RPF1's with good tread, 5 Lugs with Z32 front and rear brakes, 180sx LSD, blah blah blah. He did what every 240sx guy does but seems like he actually took the time to do it right. Wiring looks clean and for once all the goddamn gauges work. Drives like a dream. Definitely not the fastest car I've driven (stock SR20 tune), but it's the most solid feeling 240sx I've driven in the state by far.

Problem is the guy wants a lot for it. $8000. Probably too much, right? What do you guys think? What would you want in a 240sx for it to be worth $8000?

>I want to become an under performing loser
You sir, have come to the right place.

I bought mine for 4000 about a year ago, and I definitely over-payed, so 8000 is kinda out there, but understandable.

Keep in mind this is a 25 year old shitbox "race car" that teenagers buy to show off to their friends.

Post the craigslist, but so far so good.

>4000
>overpayed
Seems fair to me desu. Especially in that condition.

A guy in a turbo 240sx tried racing me in my 350z, could not believe how slow it was

The 240 is from a time when Japanese sports cars were DIY projects, not necessarily sports cars out-of-the-box.

No.
Nissan just did a piss poor job as usual

SE right? That's about what I would be willing to pay for a completely unmodified one in clean condition. There's dude in my neighborhood easily in his 70's with a clean 92' SE that he just putts around in. Sort waiting for him to die so I can convince his kids to sell it to me.

It was the 90's. Everyone did a piss poor job as usual.

LE actually, the leather on my seats is all by everything is nice.

>calling a bottom of the line sports car piss poor
well you're not wrong

Shit, everyone's been doing a piss poor job since the mid 80's till now. Sub $45K no sports car bought new is really worth the depreciation hit you take driving off the lot. Not that I've driven anyway.

Nice. Mostly I want something I can drive daily-ish. I'm so sick of project cars and I just don't have the time or money to dump into one. This one seems like an option to avoid that shit. Also no Craigs ad. Found it through a friend I know from local car meets.

I have dailyed mine, great car, most people where I live don't really know what it is, or don't car, other then who I go to school with. A 5spd is a definite with this car, it's a lot of fun. Got anymore specs on the car? Miles? Title? Maintenance history?

Other then that it looks pretty good

Chassis has 180K on it, but that doesn't really mean much since most of the stock 240sx components have been swapped out for aftermarket or JDM equivalents. Engine has about 5000 miles on it from it's rebuild though. It's a SR20 5spd but millage is anybody guess. Syncros seemed fine when I drove it so that's a plus. Title is clean. The entire thing was stripped down before paint so in a lot of ways it's almost a ground up rebuild. He has receipts but almost most of the work (including paint) was all done by the guy selling it.

Pretty similar condition to how I got mine.
But asking price was $6k & actually paid was $4.5k
Then again these cars have been appreciating in value over the past 3 years since I got mine because more & more are getting scraped while people are willing to pay more for them.

Try to get him down to $5k & don't go over $6k. At that price he's not gonna sell it for months, so just enquire then & again if you notice a price change on the listing.

>buying the only version of the S13 with a Mexican-made truck engine
>buying ADM when you fucks rice the shit out of them and "drift" them into walls
If you were in Europe, Asia or Australia I'd recommend the S13, but you're probably better off going for an S14 in America

I offered $7500 originally. He balked at that offer. I'm honestly not sure if he will take $8k but I'm going to find out later today. I've been browsing Craigs and Facebook for months and even the stuff that's listed for 6k is almost all garbage. Drift tax has taken it's toll out here and left very few clean cars on the market. It didn't used to be like this.

Why? Even the S14 got the KA24DE truck power plant in the US. Chassis is supposed to be stiffer but only marginally and they usually demand about an extra $1k-$2k cost increase for a body style that I think looks kinda bland.

assmad holdencuck fangirl detected

A little high in price. That's a 6-7k car where I live. For 8k+ you can probably import one and have a clean stock example.

>buying a 240sx in 20 fucking 16

GM sucks too m8

I think that's a bit much, but I don't know the 240sx market that much.
There's a 2JZ-GTE IS300 in my area going for less and it's not selling, I can't imagine that 240 going for $8000.

Try knocking that down to 6.5k or so and it's not all that bad. If the car really has been taken care of and is in exceptionally good shape, it can be worth it. Sometimes the extra you pay is better than the stress and frustration of shifting through a gazillion shit examples, until you end up spending even more cash crossing half the country to get a decent one.

Life's too short to miss out stuff you enjoy just because you wanna save a few bucks.

If you want a set noodle you can buy them at the store for less than a dollar.
Plus you can make them go super fast. And they gain more grip the wetter they get. Plus you get to choose what engine noise you want to make. One minute you could be straight six. The next you could be a jet engine!!!
>wet noodle officially more fun than a gay40sx

$5 says you drive a 2004 Grand Am.

Isn't a "set noodle" just dried pasta? I know you typo'd but it occurs to me I can go get some "JDM" noodles from the local Asian market. How does one "stance" a noodle. Tell me more!

Men are like noodles. They're straight until you get them wet.

I paid $1800 for pic related in 2005. Prices are insane now.
That being said, if I was going to pay $8000 for an S13, I'd buy an imported one from japaneseclassics, fuck buying a shitted on 240sx

Why not just ask him to sell it to you?

Already tried. He flat refused, no counter offer even. I get the impression he wants to take it to the grave.

Ah that sucks

Can some one please talk me out of buying an rx8. Tell me how shit the gas mileage is and the engine is about to blow. Please. It just looks so clean

>84K miles
Engine 100% guaranteed to be fucked.

Have a look at it and do a compression test

You know, you don't see a lot of RX-8s anymore. I wonder why that is?

>FOURTEEN MILES PER GALLON
>SIXTEEN GALLONS
>TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY MILES BEFORE FULL REFILL
>AMERICAN GAS PRICES