/evog/ - Evolve General

Platonic Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/introducing-cataclysm-and-co-op-update-2-05-live-now/97767

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_kBwFPSa54w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nah, Behemoth is more my cake

l-l-lewd thread

>unbalanced, the game

kraken shitter everywhere

>Evolve profile service error

gee golly thanks trs

Have they said anything about Slim for next patch ? Feels like last nerf was a bit unecessary to be honest.

Reminder to buy Rocket king and lord if you haven't already, they're bugged and cost 1k keys

>hunter nerf
>unnecessary
not in TRS's eyes!

14-88th for fuck this game and gas tryhard monster pickers.

>40 wins streak monster with legacy avatar
>beats us easily since medic can't jetpack
>gg
fuck you

git gud

29 winstreak lvl 40 kraken against my team composed of lvl 27 val (me), lvl 4 waggie, lvl 2 parnell and lvl 5 griffin that didn't put a spike down the entire game.
How the fuck do these people even reach lvl 20 to play ranked?

better question is why the stupid match making puts noobs with monstershitters in a match

Nah but seriously, it just feels like they knew he was very sub par, tried something out of desperation and backpedalled.
I don't even know what they want to do with the character, I sorta like his kit but it still feels like something's missing. Not to mention his secondary is the most useless thing in the game.

Do y'all know how pros rank the monsters these days? They are putting Moliath and Elder at the top, then OG Goliath, then Kraken, then Gorgon/Wraith, Bob at the bottom

>Elder at the top
Too obvious.

>
Dead serious, not trolling rn.

What kind of stuff would you do to Caira?

Regular Caira not that pig-disgusting helmet-wearing Quantum whore.

>tfw saw my first hacker in co-op
why?

I want to inject her with Wraith HNA.

did he at least make it end fast? be grateful, coop is just for grind, the quicker the better

Anyone else experienced more profile and connection issues and bugs after last patch?

Now they're not only killing the game with bad balance fuck ups but they are adding more and more bugs.

That is truly dank my man

Yeah I got some weird stuff since last patch. People getting frozen in place (sometimes only monster). Time out connections, people just getting disconnected and that can't reconnect.

Since you guys are obsessed with wraith, here's a fun fact: Wraith currently has a 30-35% win rate across all skill levels!

pls no bully

>be medic
>team mates pick kala/torvald/waggie/cabot
>ask them to switch
>"no dude trust us"
>I respond "whatever, if you're picking trash so am I"
>pick laz
>"LOL DUDE LAZ IS GOOD"

Only the dead can know peace from this evil.

wew this shit game isn't letting me sign in anymore

out of fucking nowhere

>stage 3 kraken
>team is preparing for defense at relay
>trapper goes on his own and dies to it
>kraken comes to the relay
>kala uses a teleport and teleports where the trapper died to revive him
>assault traps me and himself with the monster
>lose

are you ok

he literally is though, have you seen his comparative winrate?

youtube.com/watch?v=_kBwFPSa54w

hunters with higher than 0.7 WLR are autobanned for hacking.

for once turning it off and on again worked

it doesn't make much sense though as my internet wasn't screwy or anything

>only competent 4 man premades play with laz and they build the rest of the team around him
>only 65% win rate
so OP, pls nerf.

OFFICIAL /EVOG/ TIER LIST

meta tier: markov, parnell, griffin, abe, val, hank

viable enough tier: hyde, crow, rval, sunny

barely mediocre tier: maggie, lennox, t hank, bucket, e griffin

too counterable tier: blitz markov, jack, cabot, caira, slim, EMET

fundementally awful design tier and worthless tier: kala, q caira, lazarus, w maggie, torvald

hey guys, what if the hunter win rate telemetry TRS is looking at is actually W/L ratio and they think it's actually percentages because nothing they see is above 1.0? if this is the case hunters have a 25% win rate, not 50% like they claim.

>M-MUH TELEMETRY

I hope your one of those retarded shitposters that just spams TRS comments.

>win 150k matches to unlock skin
What?

holy fuck thank you dude

>meta tier: markov, parnell, griffin, abe, val, hank
I wouldn't say meta tier. They are just good for all situations.

>viable enough tier: hyde, crow, rval, sunny
Yep.

>barely mediocre tier: maggie, lennox, t hank, bucket, e griffin
I would push Bucket up to viable tier. His mechanized recharge is really good to have and his sentry guns are decent consistent damage.

>too counterable tier: blitz markov, jack, cabot, caira, slim, EMET
With recent buffs I would put EMET in viable tier as well. Destroying buoys means nothing as he can keep cranking them out and a 300hp heal burst every 4.5-6 seconds is great

>fundementally awful design tier and worthless tier: kala, q caira, lazarus, w maggie, torvald
Yep. Laz and Torvald can be decent if the whole team builds around them but there are better picks out there. Even if you build a team around them it pushes them just up to "too counterable tier"

is gunslinger/rocket lord/rocket king good for parnell

shut the fuck up and get to it!

force/swap/force

Pretty sure they account for that.
They just balance for the top 1% instead of striking a balance.

I started playing 5 days ago. I realy enjoy Evolve. I mostly played hunter, but after my first monster win I was literally shaking. One of the best experiences in gaming in a long time. I still enjoy hunters more. Im lvl 17 now and there is no real point to this post. I cant wait to understand more of the game and get realy bitter.

>Not picking rocket after the nerf of everything else

>I cant wait to understand more of the game and get realy bitter
oh you'll have so much bitterness in your heart, you won't even know where to put it ..

you poor fool

>they nerfed it so it's bad now

After looking at all the hunters for the first time, I thought Torvald and Slim looked by far the coolest. I def wanted to buy them first. The bitterness is already starting.

>I was literally shaking
you some kinda pussy senpai?

I'd rather take more mobility over going full DPS.
The jump height alone ensures that I can empty an RPG load from a difficult angle, and more jetpack means hero mode will not go to waste when the monster is an avoiding piece of shit.

it was probably the rush of battle, famiibo

it's called adrenaline, user.

Yeah, just shitting on four people at the same time is pretty cool. I can see why all the 14yo edgelords are monster mains. But it seems realy easy, even coming fresh from the tutorial. Of course the hunter are also shit at that level. Since then i only played hunter and its super fun.

lol bet you dweebs get adrenaline rush from dayz get a life lmfao haha

it affects you less and less quite quickly since monster skill cap is so low and you see that you can't even lose as a monster unless you meet good premades or a hacker
might as well use only your dick to play and poke 1-4 to win as monster

>He doesn't get adrenaline rushes
You're either playing wrong or playing against shitty pubs.

im just really cool and idgaf because its just a game xD

hey, im the noob posting here. What felt weird to me was the low CD on the monster abilities. I could press 1-4 on one guy and by the time 4 was finished, 1 was already up again. That doesnt seem right. Im just mashing buttons and all i have to do is stay on target.

>All theses whinny hunters mad they can't win 100% of their games

Learn to aim

you need both 1st and 3rd tier damage to 1 shot spider traps

your job as assault is to do damage

need I say more?

It's getting hard not to commit social suicide and tell my friends they all fucking suck and the game is an absolute waste of time with them because they haven't gotten better and still play like garbage even after 40~ levels

it's not the fact that people lose itself, it's the fact that people lose because one (or more) of the hunters is retarded and that causes a massive imbalance when a monster takes a lot less skill and coordination to win.

what this game needs is for monsters to have a higher skill cap that's more on par with hunters. which is hard to do since needing to communicate and coordinate with 3 other people isn't an issue for the monster.

play in-house games against them as monster until they git gud.

Aiming is not going to help you when the monster is 50 meters away and behind a cliff.

>Game session simultaneously interacts with 3 other sessions
>Monsters in various discrete game sessions must accomplish asinine subobjectives in tandem with other monsters to aid eachother

>monster needs to complete a randomized subobjective in order to be able to evolve

neither will your jetpack perk dumbass

>Fuel recharges faster
>Use it to boost around a pillar
>Shoot monster
?

but the most annoying thing about fuel isn't even the time it takes to recharge, but the time it takes to START recharging. TRS is retarded for doing that, because there's nothing you can do when being targeted by a monster.

>first cataclysm game
>wraith just straight up regens as much armor as rage trooper deals damage in the open
>43k damage in 13minutes to kill a WRAITH
WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

Probably the same person who got them to disable the skip map button.

why do people need a skip map button BEFORE Cataclysm?

to watch the little green/red square toggle back and forth while they wait for people to stop dodging.

>50k keys

how

>to stop dodging
I capslocked at a guy to "JUST PLAY THE FUCKING MONSTER ALREADY" after seeing him leave the game for the third time, and he actually did it. Felt good.

>play a bunch
>dont buy anything
>???
>50k keys

>he missed the 150 bonus keys per game week

Did they really disable the skip button to force people to play this garbage map?

>there are people that suck at monster they have to putt a wall of text up on steam

Anybody wants to team up? I'm in the group chat.

was that rephrasing really necessary?

retarded monster playing shitters are pure cringe material

you have to be so fucking bad at this game to lose as monster

if your win ratios are not over 90% after 20 matches, you need to fucking uninstall on the spot

No, but neither was your question.

it's just a reddit poster don't worry about him

touché

what does it smell like?

I want to plunge my DNA so deep into her HNA that her RNA melts.

kys

I'm already dead inside, besides if I'm dead who will my mother leech off of then?

I want to bite it

>you will never be able to touch your xeno waifu

this meme isnt funny

the pain isn't funny either

>implying it's a meme
>implying there is people that don't genuinely want to fuck it

(I'm not one of them)