Trying to git gud at drawing cars. What's wrong here and how can I fix it? Criticism welcome

Trying to git gud at drawing cars. What's wrong here and how can I fix it? Criticism welcome

Updated

Make the wheels bigger and what car is that

Work on your perspective. Block out the car before filling in the details.

Getting the wheel size and spacing right is one of the hardest things if you're not great at drawing cars.

Looks to be an AE86 Levin.

Make the bonnet a bit longer or just trace this

Pic related

>Make the wheels bigger
You're the reason all concept cars look like garbage

Correct, it is a levin.

Also, what do you mean "block"? Like draw the general shape of the car?

Your sense of space or perspective is all fucked.

Don't remember the levin having 4 wheel steering

It's a basic drawing technique.

You draw your subject in basic shapes and fill in details slowly as a process.

it's hella stanced yo

Tracing doesn't help you learn the basic dr

I suggest until you have a better grasp of perspective, start by drawing out all the construction lines. Sketch the car out as rectangles to start with, if you have to.

Make sure you know where your vanishing point is. I can give you some demo images tomorrow if I have time to sketch some out.

Spend a bit more time on it, too.

Finally someone noticed

Thanks.

Draw thread?
Pic is how I imagine the Bugatti SUV will be.

And OP, try to rewatch all those YouTube tutorials and work on your perspective.

maglev/10

>Pls rate.

Sure, since you asked:
Rotateyourfuckingpictures/10

Sorry I couldn't get the pic straight.
So had to delete it and upload.

I don't know what's wrong. The pic is upright on my phone and here it gets uploaded upside down.

I fucked it up.

The right side front end is a little too far out, and the back wheel angle is off (its pointed to right instead of down). Decent starting place, wheels are a pain in the dick to draw

Perspective is what's wrong. Practice drawing 3d shapes from different angles. After mastering that chunck the car into those basic shapes to get the perspective and basic shape right, then add detail until Kitano-sensei says it's enough.

Unless you're making a 2D technical drawing, you should take perspective into account. Things further away from you should be smaller than things closer to you; the hood and roof of the car shouldn't be smaller in the foreground than in the background of the image.
Try three point perspective drawing, you can then move the points to draw at different angles and by then you should have a feel for how the perspective should affect your drawing.

heres one i made earlier

dumping pics i made now

Doing some requests now.

>dat camber on the rear wheel

Your perspective is off and you're too much of a pussy to put some weight behind the pencil, so everything is stupid light.

The perspective is a little off, that's also my problem when drawing cars.

I have the opposite problem when I draw, All my lines dark and I have hard to erasing when I mess up

The pencil's not a chisel. A light touch is needed.

Read some books on perspective like "How to draw" by Scott Robertson or "Perspective made easy" by Ernest Norling. That ought to get you started.

This is what I expect to find in the math notebook of a teenage schizo.

that AE86 is bent

foreshortening is needed yo

What's the difference between 2-point and 3-point perspective (other than one point har har har)?

it literally is just one point. in 2 point perspective you have two vanishing points. in 3 you have three.

so like in two you have two horizontal vanishing points; in three you might have two horizontal and one vertical

look at the lines that line up with the drawing from all 3 points then take one of those points away and make all the lines in the picture that used to line up with it crooked.

o

why not four points?

One for each dimension. Of course, you need more when you're dealing with more objects whose lines aren't parallel to your original.

You can actually have up to six points of perspective for a single object, though (two in each dimension) -- but drawing like that is hard, and really it's not something humans often see when looking at an object; in most cases thre point will suffice.

3 dimensions = 3 points

If you mean the hood it's supposed to be like that since it's the side of the car.

4 makes the perspective look like a fisheye lens.
You have 3 because of the X, Y and Z axis as it's a 3D image.

Bottom left ae6, hood and windshield extend too far and the car looks like it's bent.