Year of our Lord MMXVI

>year of our Lord MMXVI
>Subaru selling cars with pic related for a headunit

I'm sure at least half of you guys have cars that had equally ancient technology stock. What aftermarket headunits does Veeky Forums use? Or should I just try and buy one with the better stereo instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

usedcarnews.jp/archives/37877
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Subaru selling interiors that are 10 years behind the competition
>in other news, water is wet
It's nice to know that at least they're somehow ahead of Mitsubishi. I guess in terms of interiors, the Evo and the STI basically were in the Special Olympics

>buy 2016 brz
>get this radio
>okeythen

i mean all my interior lights are red, and they give me this green radio?
would have liked no radio at all instead of that eyesore

It's almost like they want you to get an Android radio that runs torque.

I generally use Pioneer headunits. Great for the price.
>silently hoping Skullcandy eventually starts making car headunits and speakers.

That radio looks slick af dude. What do you want, the home theater system most cars ship with?

>What do you want, the home theater system most cars ship with?
Actually, yes. Android for torque, display for a rear view camera and integrated navigation. I couldn't care less about all the connectivity nonsense or the actual music though.

That Subaru headunit looks like it's from 2006, not 2016.

>this is the same Veeky Forums that constantly complains about touch screen infotainment shitting up modern cars and iPads glued to dashboards

>Veeky Forums is one person

Ayyy looking for an ID on this McIntosh

i got my brz with that radio

frankly i dont want or need anything but volume adjusment and an AUX plug

Still have the stock one in my Toyota.

After market head units are garbage

MX4000 and MPM4000. Player could be a MX406 too.

On a side note, there are people who make youtube videos demonstrating the audio quality of their systems. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Looks perfect desu. Radio, CD, USB, aux, not touchscreen. What more could you possibly need.

Only result was usedcarnews.jp/archives/37877

Went scouring through the Mcintosh website, and it seems that they don't make it anymore or don't list it.

Too slow.

>not getting the cheapest one with the least wiring complication so you can swap it out for something better

What's the problem? That radio is A E S T H E T I C as fuck. Way better than alien spaceship stereos.

Honestly, i would prefer that. The touchscreens in cars is shit and the systems are half assed at best

What the fuck is wrong with it?
It has everything one would reasonably need if you aren't a faggot, is most likely easy to use, and looks quite nice.

Since this is a radio thread, it seems appropriate to ask here. Do you guys prefer single DIN or double DIN units?

Who cares subaru is literally 15 years behind

>needing a rear view camera
>needing navigation
>needing some shitty app to tell you how your car is running
confirmed numale

Probably a Fujitsu Ten unit. They are the best! They make eclipse audio for the aftermarket. I once used a CD drive from a Camry to repair the CD drive from my Eclipse HU back in the early 2000s

I actually like the basic head units with large buttons. There's nothing worse than trying to adjust tiny knobs and press little rice grain sized buttons while driving. All you really need is an aux jack since your phone can do everything a head unit does and is much easier to replace when it's outdated.

Fucking want

Oem if it has a non-regular opening, double din if it fits.

one numale cuck is not Veeky Forums

trade you.. my interior lights are green and i have this fucking red radio and it triggers everyday