/fog/ - Fallout General

pls no bully edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB (embed)

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP (embed)

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA (embed)

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh (embed)

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m (embed)

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD (embed)

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17299/?tab=3&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/ajax/modimages/?user=0&id=17299&gid=1151
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there a mod that lets me build like RVs, semi trailers, or buses and such in my settlements? I want to make the drive in all vehicle themed because it's a giant parking lot

There are buses included in one of the workshop dlc and I know I've seen a sort of trailer in a mod but I can't remember which one it was.

Wasteland Workshop DLC.

4th for bittersweet Mariner kisses.

5th for Piper

Post pictures of slutty Nora

NTH FOR I WISH I COULD TIME TRAVEL SO I COULD FUCKING PLAY NUKA WORLD ALREADY

>gave Ada a nail gun because why not
>she makes fucking train whistle noises

Holy shit.

Time to make a bunch of automatrons with the brainbot legs and the cow catcher front and give them two nail guns. And name them all Pain Train.

xth for finding love and happiness in the harsh wasteland

How are your Vault's doing?

>Cait

What utter shit taste.

This is my vault. I had to wipe my hard drives, lost everything, and decided it's better to wait for nuka than it is to get all my mods back, just to watch them get broken at the end of the month.

Make them sentrybots in everything but legs and arm weapons.

I liked her better when she was huffing jet.

I'm not touching Fallout 4 until Nuka World comes out.

By that time, Vault-Tec stuff will come out.

What happened?

>I actually like most of the changes Fo4 made
>Everyone keeps telling me I should hate the game
>Can't bring myself to hate it

I honestly don't know. Probably just shitty manufacturing. I had 3 drives, a main, a backup, and a backup of the backup. Both backups failed and took the main with them, I was only able to save the main, but it had to be wiped clean.

Don't buy Seagate

Congratulations! You're such a unique and special snowflake!

Nth for trying to figure out which amusement park they used for inspiration.

I think they already said it was Heresy Park in an interview.

IIRC, they said in some interviews it was a combination of various things like Disney Land to Hersey Park

hahah pathetic

Thanks frens.

Quality > Quantity

There is no point in adding more shotguns especially when you can customize the fuck out of them

No one uses shotguns in Fallout

If you're going to use bait, use rifles since everyone uses them

Except that a shotgunner build was very good in New Vegas, and each shotgun type generally had different characteristics. Additionally, they were customizable.

If you're going to use bait, make it so it takes some effort to reply to.

Did anyone ever get the tutorials that buff made to work?
I've tried 5 times now following every single step and I still get a ctd.

I use shotguns, but only when I'm clearing raiders out of apartment blocks.

>and each shotgun type generally had different characteristics.
Not him but, not really.

they were all shotguns, and played like shotgun.

>Quality > Quantity
New Vegas had both. When there's a shotgun that supports various different styles of play, that's quality.

>There is no point in adding more shotguns especially when you can customize the fuck out of them
Disagree. Given how versatile shotguns are generally meant to be and how poorly both shotguns in Fallout 4 fit their niche (absolutely no reason to use ANYTHING other than a max upgraded semi-auto "combat" shotgun... none, at least, unless some legendary effect makes the Double-Barrel worthwhile, in which case a combat shotgun with the same effect will always be preferable) it sort of makes you feel limited in choice

>No one uses shotguns in Fallout
Patently false, don't even have to bother addressing this point.

>If you're going to use bait, use rifles since everyone uses them
Oh fuck off.

Still no pump or lever shotgun in 4.

>and each shotgun type generally had different characteristics
Nope, they're all shotguns...with different stats

Yeah, see, this is what someone who doesn't actually use shotguns would say.

Some were better at range, did more damage, had less/more spread, better reload speed, the ability to interrupt a reload in order to fire, more modability, vastly different choices in available ammo types, etc.

Blanket statements like this are why Fallout 4 is the way it is. Some people just don't care about choice at all because it's not like they'd notice something was gone.

I'm not saying that makes you a bad guy or using it to attack you, but a lot more players these days share your mentality than those that don't, and those of us that feel differently end up feeling left out as a result. You got two camps of gamers, really. Those that want games to be more like Daggerfall and those that want games to be more like Skyrim.

And Fallout 4 is way more like Skyrim.

>they all had different characteristics
>NO! They all just had different characteristics!

???

Fo4's double barrel shotgun covers the sawn off, single, and caravan shotguns of NV. and the combat shotty of Fo4 covers the riot shotgun and the hunting shotguns in terms of how you used them. With weapon mods to the Fo4 shotties being able to cover their different sorts of slight changes more or less.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17299/?tab=3&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/ajax/modimages/?user=0&id=17299&gid=1151

THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I

>Some were better at range, did more damage, had less/more spread, better reload speed,
Are you honestly implying that any of these really mattered in NV where you did so much damage anyways that everything was overkill?

This entire post screams of someone who has no idea how the game plays, and just say the stats and things they are wildly diverse because of that.

> vastly different choices in available ammo types, etc.

Alternate ammo types in New vegas were laterally placebo effects because the entire DT armor system as broken and basically did nothing to the point even Sawyer had to give all medium and heavy armors DR in his mod to make them not suck.

You just proved my point, you have no idea how the shit in New Vegas actually works.

>Replaces

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Are you honestly implying that any of these really mattered in NV where you did so much damage anyways that everything was overkill?
... did we play different games?

Fighting most anything in NV felt like I was going up against a bullet sponge, without mods.

I really like this Wesley Dodds Sandman costume.

Just downloaded the GECK, my laptop should be able to handle it just fine but after like 5 mins of working it comes up with "display driver stopped responding". Anyone else get this problem? Was there any ini changes I was supposed to make?

>... did we play different games?
Apparently.

Unless you played on like very hard, aka artificial difficulty mode, a 100 gun skill with any end game weapon would let you ram through shit like it was made of paper.

The only difficult enemies in New Vegas were the roboscorpions from OWB,. and that was only due to poor level scaling.

You honestly had to try to not do well in NV due to how hilariously unbalanced in the player's favor it was even without shit like chem abuse.

You seem mad for some reason. You're also talking out of your ass. But that's alright, I won't judge you for it. I know you're upset, even if the reason why isn't immediately clear.

Keep on moving them goalposts.

>restating the same things
>moving goalposts
I wish people would stop abusing that phrase

Squishy Assaultrons when?

Wow, it's almost like the quality of gun modding has increased in Fallout 4 to the point where you could make all those New Vegas guns and more if you were so inclined!

>shotguns performed differently and had different characteristics
>no they didn't!
>yes they did
>well you're overpowered in New Vegas anyway, it doesn't matter!

>well you're overpowered in New Vegas anyway, it doesn't matter!
that actually wasnt the argument being made, the argument was that the differences were so small it didn't matter, on top of the fact all of them were stupidly overpowered, thus further negating the differences.

>Are you honestly implying that any of these really mattered in NV where you did so much damage anyways that everything was overkill?
Your words, not mine, fuckface.

Will people ever admit their problem with 4s weapons is not the variety of weapon roles but the variety or weapon models?

Imagine sleeping on the pillowy synthetic mounds of a busty Assaultron, listening to her little atomic engine gently rumble away underneath.

>Does Buffscale's tutorial not work for Fallout 3 stuff or something? I've tried from start to finish about 3 times now and it's resulted in instant game crashes every time.

You have to change the root node and 99% likely also the skeleton for FO3 stuff. I haven't messed with FO3 and NV stuff yet, and I probably won't.

D-don't toy with my heart, user...

>Your words, not mine, fuckface.
Read the whole post m8

>This entire post screams of someone who has no idea how the game plays, and just say the stats and things they are wildly diverse because of that.

Fuck you

Does the new Creation Kit have some pretty tough system requirements? I was hoping to run it off my laptop but its just so slow and crashes constantly. It's not a bad laptop either which is frustrating.

Ah, It's just proving really frustrating trying to port the fallout 3 Winterized Combat Armor to 4

>NV fags
>ever being truthful
topkek

Yeah, it's a bit of a beast.

Porting FO3 to FO4 is actually not that hard.

Is it CTD'ing the game or CK?

Both. I tried to load the nif into the ck after I built it then it crashed. Then after that happened twice I tried to make it just replace an armor in the game and it ctd every time i tried it.

Has Bethesda, in their ultimate wisdom made it impossible to use the menu to save and quit, while in that crappy minecraft memory simulator, in far harbor?

Train, ever thought of doing an alternate empty vault settlement or modding the existing one?

Sadly it's just too convoluted.

yes
you have to leave the simulation before you can quit

leaving the memory thing just puts you back into the real world, and going back in pick up immediately as you left it

you dont need to save while in it, its persistant

Never-Ending is better on the double than on the Combat

Combat has a longer delay between trigger pulls than the double barrel has

Newest version of OS doesn't crash the CK. Also my only guess is its not properly weight painted. Does it give you an error message when you export?

No.

No error message.

Understandable, keep up the cool work.

It's very frustrating because it's just so bad

Processor: Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8gb Ram

It literally takes around 5 minutes to load up a cell if it even loads at all and the crashes if I try to do anything. Should I investigate further or just give up the hopes of doing some comfy modding on my laptop whilst I'm at university?

Why the fuck does nobody clean their floors?

Like you've been living here for years now. Sweep the floor, pick those paper up, don't just leave fucking 210 year old rubble laying around.

Don't try to mod on a laptop

I'm sorry, I'm probably just incompetent or something. I'll just do the great practice of attempting from start to finish slightly differently every time until I get it right.

Ok but my uni shunt me between hospitals I physically can't bring my PC everywhere. I just need to know if the performance is wildly disproportionate to my machine. I wasnt expecting top tier performance anyway, but I was hoping to at least run the thing, especially because I'd seen a lot of other people getting by on similar machines I thought when I looked on the forums.

I dunno then, try replacing BosUnderArmor or something, armor pieces like combat armor etc if replaced I think can crash.

I'm gonna have to go soon.

you forgot the laser rifle, plasma rifle, tesla rifle and laser musket which can all be modded to become shotguns. And before you reply "those are not base shotguns," does it really fucking matter? You can make them into shotguns.

Is there actually any armor that looks good when worn over the Silver Shroud costume?

animu hair when

THIS. I have and will always be annoyed at how lazy the wastelanders are. They live in (sometimes literal) shit, rubble and caved in roofs all over the place, mattresses infested with maggots, sweat and blood. The worst is how the shit-for-brains middle aged settlers who grew up in the wasteland cant protect their own shack; requiring the vault dweller who has been in the wasteland for a month. Just doesn't make sense.

Maybe I'm just an overly organized person, but I think these things actually take away from the game because it doesn't represent how a human would live in these conditions. I mean, who would actually sleep on one of those nasty ass mattresses if they could make one out of crops.

why? Just use concealed armor mod

By that logic FO4 has more characteristics considering the amount of modifications possible along with the varying stats each give.

To have even more armor.

is there a mod that lets you rotate objects on more than the z axis in the settlement builder?

That doesn't involve third party tools like AHK.

To have armor that looks good.

For aesthetic reasons.

This is fucking annoying as Hell. Why the fuck does everything I touch turn to shit? Why is it when anyone else follows something to a t, it works, but any time I even look at the websites for these programs I make nothing but something that just breaks instantly and leaves me at the very beginning again? If anyone wants to do this instead of me please do. It'll probably work on your first try.

you can do a lot of modding in xedit, and any toaster can run it.

using the edit program is usually a sign of
>shit mod alert
though

>middle aged wasters shouldnt have lived to be so old because they have no survival skills

yeah i hate it too, user, i think the intention was to allow the SS to be a supercool hero who brings civility and order to the wastes by helping all these poor settlers carve out a safe living. but it falls super short because your settlers never seem to recognize you and because helping settlers is entirely optional, anyway.

>The worst is how the shit-for-brains middle aged settlers who grew up in the wasteland cant protect their own shack; requiring the vault dweller who has been in the wasteland for a month.
Jake Finch actually mentions that not too long ago farms like his fathers were impossible due to the sheer number of ferals, raiders, and super mutants, and that it was only due to the people uniting against these threats(possibly referring to the Minutemen) that settling outside diamond City was possible.

Most people in the wasteland have never had to survive their whole lives in the wastes. Not too long ago, the only places anyone could live were Diamond city.

-2077: Great War.
-2110: Institute is founded by CiT students who survived the war by hiding in the basement of CiT.
-2178: Institute acquires FEV from an outside source, and begins experimenting on Commonwealth subjects in the hope of perfecting FEV strains to use in their synthetic organics project. This results in the creation of the first Commonwealth super mutants.
-2180: First super mutant horde grows large enough to launch an attack on Diamond City, and is driven off by the Minutemen in their first act of fame.
-2187: In this year, or possibly several years before, DiMA and Nick Valentine, two prototype Gen 2.5 synths, escape from the Institute. Nick remains in the Commonwealth while DiMA eventually makes his way to Far Harbor.
-2204: Curie perfects her cure for all known disease, and awaits further orders from Vault-Tec.
-2224: Institutes maxes out FEV research possible with the DNA taken from the radiation corrupted wastelanders. Institute scientists seek a new source of pure DNA to continue the project.
-2227: Institute finds records of Vault 111, and the infant Shaun, leading them to kidnap him for his pure DNA.
-2229: First early model Gen 3 is accidentally released into the wasteland where it goes to Diamond City, and shoots up the market, in what becomes known as the Broken Mask Incident.
-2240: Goodneighbor founded by criminals exiled from Diamond City.
-2242: Armitage and A3-21(Harkness) are built by The Institute.
-2247: Minutemen lose The Castle after a mirelurk queen attack.
-2263: Earliest known records of the Railroad. Railroad leader Agamemnon killed during Courser raid, Wyatt takes over.
-2273: Railroad leader Wyatt killed during Courser raid, Pinky takes over.
-2277: Pinky steps down as leader of the Railroad, Desdemona takes over. Vault 81 opens its doors to the Commonwealth for the first time. Madison Li leaves the Capital Wasteland for The Commonwealth, eventually making contact with The Institute.

-2278: Oywn Lyons and his daughter Sarah Lyons die, throwing the Eastern BoS leadership into chaos.
-2280: BoS send thier first squad into the Commonwealth. They return loaded with technology and historical documents.
-2282: General Becker dies, throwing the Minutemen's leadership into chaos, and causing their decline. Mayor McDonough makes his Anti-ghoul decree, causing all ghouls to be thrown out of Diamond City.
-2283: Arthur Maxson becomes the leader of the Eastern BoS after negotiating the return of the BoS Outcasts.
-2284: BoS send their second squad into the Commonweatlh. All but Paladin Brandis are quickly killed off, and contact is lost.
-2285: University Point wiped out by Kellogg.
-2287: Father releases his Mother/Father from Vault 111, beginning Fallout 4 proper.

literally a meme. It was only sorta sketchy when there were a lot of properties undefined, and you fucked with them.

what armor do you guys think is a good balance between weight and protection in fallout 4?

Marine Recon Armor + light weight mods

armor has zero value thanks to scaling
youre either as fragile as a kitten and die in 2 shots from a raider or can get in a fistfight with a behemoth naked and win without losing half your hp

>armor has zero value thanks to scaling
This is so wrong its hilarious.