If you were in charge of Scion, what would you have done differently?

If you were in charge of Scion, what would you have done differently?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Ractis#Second_generation_.28NCP120.3B_2010.E2.80.93present.29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Killed it sooner

aren't they doing well? I see a lot of scions on the road

The entire idea of it was stupid from the beginning.
>Designed as an extension of Toyota's efforts to appeal towards younger customers
The only thing young people drive is 300+ hp RACIN DRIFTAN RWD ANIMU cars or cheap ass 10 year old shitboxes.

So I would've given it a better logo and just made it the DRIFTAN line of toyota cars.

They're closing down everything, and absorbing most of the lineup into Toyota's

Shot myself asap.
>sudoku

>Make the entire range electric
>air ride as standard
>factory vaporisers

Import all the quirky Japanese Toyotas like those kei cars and shit

The problem is when it tried to go mainstream, or to sell cars above 16k to their target demographic, the poorest car buyer.

I agree, they needed to be cheap and unique cars to attract young buyers.

My mother has a 2009 2nd gen Scion xB and I think it's alright. The 2.4l I4 gets up and goes pretty good.

not hired the biggest losers to shill their shit

Release a supercharged tC

More RWD options

ban CVT's from being mentioned in the design office

They opened strong, on the backs of the tuner craze and fast n furious

But they didn't evolve with the changing car cultures

They could have offered real performance upgrades for the track enthusiast, and I know they had a supercharger kit for the TC, but to be honest the TC was a shit platform, literally a celica with a Camry engine

The FRS came way too late, if it was released 10 years ago scion might still be around

maybe because for their audience a realistic dream car was a used rwd shitbox where the ad on craig/kijiji mention drift. Unless they where making a 16k rwd coupe or start to import kei cars they were doomed to failed.

Maybe now we can see the Celica return and the TC go

Quirky jdm kei cars
Get Copen
RWD sports cars to compete with Miata and Z
Small CUVs

Given more attention to the periphery demographic sooner. Apparently their largest customer group were retirees and old people looking for reliable small cars. If they had played that up, that their cars could be just as fun in the hands of an old guy as they are in the hands of a young guy, they might have been able to diversify and survive.

1/2
The second gen xB would've been done right... by being a rebadged Toyota Ractis. It wouldn't be an ugly box, but it'd still make a unique statement. And the 1.5L engine already meets emissions. It would've released in 2010, with the original xB being built from 2004-2009 instead of 2004-2006.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Ractis#Second_generation_.28NCP120.3B_2010.E2.80.93present.29

EVERYTHING would've come standard with 4 wheel disc brakes. Not just the tC, second gen xB, FR-S, and the iM.

Also starting with the second gen xB, Scion's would get an actual performance trim level. The differences would be limited to sway bars, shocks, and an engine upgrade. The trim level would be RS, because fuck those special edition "Release Series" cars they did every year.

The xB RS (released in 2010) would have a 1NZ-FTE (a 1.5L Turbo) making 150 HP. The engine was previously exclusive to the JDM 1999-2005 Toyota Vitz RS Turbo. pic related.

The xD RS (released in 2012) would have a 2ZR-FZE (a supercharged version of the xD's original 1.8L engine), making 217 HP, sharing its engine with 2012+ Lotus Elise's.

The tC RS wouldn't be released until 2015. The engine would be Toyota's new 8AR-FTS, a 2.0L Turbo making 235 HP, possibly 260 HP.

In 2012, along with the FRS, Scion would also get a new model, the xE. The xE would be a rebadged Toyota Mark X RWD sedan. The base model xE would get the Camry's 2GR-FE 280 HP 3.5L V6 as the base engine, while the xE RS would get the 2GR-FZE 3.5L supercharged V6 making 345 HP from the Australian Toyota Aurion TRD.

Instead of getting a rebadged Mazda as the Scion iA, Scion would instead get a rebadged Toyota Vios as the iA. The iA RS would get the same 1NZ-FTE as the xB RS.

For 2011, along with the second generation Scion tC, Scion would get another new model, the hF (rebadged Toyota Sai). The hF would be advertised as meaning high fuel economy. The hF would be hybrid only, getting the 2AR-FXE 2.5L I4, a hybrid variant of the second gen tC's engine. Available with the tC's 6 speed manual, or a CVT automatic. No RS model here.

The xB would still be replaced by the iM for 2016, a rebadged Toyota Auris. The iM would get the 2AR-FE though, and the iM RS would get the tC RS's 8AR-FTS.

For 2015, Scion would get their first truck, the Revo. The Revo would be a rebadged Toyota Hilux, and would hopefully slot below the Toyota Tacoma. Engines would be either a 2TR-FE 2.7L I4, a 1GR-FE V6, or a 1KD-FTV diesel I4.

The brand would continue to expand as the years went on and broaden their portfolio.

>SCION commercial with Jaleel White and the wax Urkel
the cringe was too much

they are undoubtably good cars i mean they are built in japan by toyota, but they are the same as a corolla underneath so not much difference in potential

Continued production of the seventh gen Celica, plus a GT-Four trim. Offer people an AWD turbo alternative to the WRX/STi and Evo.

Also offer the MR-S without the stealership tax.

I def would have tried to make at least one good car, that probably couldn't have hurt the brand