Item ID Repository:
starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Serverlist:
pastebin.com/8TNruA0p

Zinc's Discord
discord.gg/Tk9wpth

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

johnsnail.tumblr.com/post/148740112155/the-ultimate-guide-to-making-custom-items-using
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

apex have best pex

I've heard so many people say "make two grappling hooks, it's easier to use them if you dual-wield them!" but they always behave the same way as a singular hook.

Am I doing something wrong, or what?

Use the other mouse button to fire the second one?

No shit sherlock. When I do that, the first hook disengages and i need to click again to actually make the other one fire. To fully explain, it goes like this.
Click left, left hook fires. Click right, left hook disengages. Click right, Right hook fires. Click left, Right hook disengages.

You probably have an older verision. Dualhook didn't work in 1.0, they fixed it in an update.

Neat. Foundry biome, so they do exist.

So wait, how do EPPs work? Do I need to keep swapping them out for each planet? Is there a mod that combines them all with the Xenon light pack?

Never happened to me, seems like you're the one missing something obvious.

Frackin you swap, vanilla they have lower tiers included.

>you will never explore the galaxy with your qt (insert race here) gf/bf

suffering

Rest in pieces sundowner 1.0

So the fixed Dualhook as in they got brought it back sometime after 1.0? I'll admit that I haven't tried it recently, but those "patch notes" aren't exactly exhaustive on their changes. I didn't think I'd have a reason to try it again.
Here's your (You)

Are we going to get a glitch sundowner mkii?

It's your fault for making A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR.

>Finally finish the game
>Lose all will of playing despite all the mods

>ywn explore the universe with both a pet poptop and pet unicorn frog.

Is there anyone here who actually plays on hardcore mode?

It doesn't seem worth it.

I'm waiting for a metal-gear: PP-type mod that lets you assign jobs to settles and fight off invasions before I get back in.

only hope is unleashing your autism in multiplayer on one of the /sbg/ planets

I did it twice, when you die it's always due to negligence rather than enemies, but I only made it past Nox so the other bosses might fare more of a challenge.

Does anyone have the list of projectile types?

nth for I want to marry Leadhead but he still isn't on so I shall wait!

>tfw metroid overhaul never ever
>tfw stumbling upon a space pirate lab full of tuuubes and science never ever
>tfw derelict ships in space that got fucked up by space pirates or metroids never ever
>tfw metroid bosses never ever

Nope, but "lavaballoon" works

>tfw want to make sprites for metroid shit
>tfw have to make a million different sprites for everything cuz of player attitudes

I'll stick to less tedious shit than this.

>Lavaballon projectiles
>Make a SMG that fires lava balloons
>Unleash it on the universe

I need to test this

is there a way to make something fire multiple projectiles?

I thought they removed this USCM shit

Cant we just rip the sprites from metroid? Rescale them if needed and implement them? Make sort of like a new custom dungeon with the stuff?

You can use it to kill people who have PVP off, unless you're at the outpost. Just use a pistol so that it's onehanded, carry a meteor gun in the other hand. Right now I've got a gun named "law" and another named "order" so that I can use either projectile type.

They only removed bunkers for whatever reason

Just the bunkers. :^)

As usual, they half-assed it.

Oh, I just realized that by SMG you might have meant machine pistol.

The fourth moon reich strikes at midnight.

Oh yeah, you certainly could. Armor and weapon sprites you'd still need to be custom made, though. And armors are a fucking bitch.

I'm trying to create a set of armor for these baddies, but I've never made custom sprites for starbound before so I'm at a bit of a loss on how everything's put together and shit.

My main concern is that ripping sprites from the games could get the mod hit with a C&D or otherwise removed by whatever site's hosting the mod.

That would probably work for Terraria, but it seems like starbound would require custom sprites or else it would look completely out of place.
Also ignoring whatever copyright laws that would cause Nintendo to cry

I'm a programmer and have never tried to into art or modding before, but I would probably at least start trying this shit when my rig stops shitting itself and could actually run the game.

>being this obsessed over a shit mod
>starting weapon is a level 5 pistol because naziboos are pussies

lel

/spawnitem tungstenshotgun 1 '{"primaryAbility":{"fireTime":0,"projectileType":"lavaballoon"}}'

Come on user, let's get exterminating

you can make a pistol that fires multiple at once, though I'm not sure how to make them spread out.

Yo so you know how you can find asteroids way up in the skies of a planet? Why not make a mod that puts ships up there as well?

aaaand it's down!

>neumond edition

Are there no legendary spears in the game?

just call it the Iron sky mod, you fucking retard.
if you put "aryan" in the name its gonna get pulled down.

dumb fuck nazi

/spawnitem titaniummachinepistol 1 '{"primaryAbility":{"fireTime":0,"projectileCount":10,"projectileType":"lavaballoon"}}'

Rapid fire, one handed, spreads like a shotgun, you hard at the thought of purging yet user?

>He actually thinks chucklefuck won't take it down anyway
>He think we aren't doing this for (You)s and a quick chuckle (heh)

has anyone gotten specific numbers on spawned weapons (ddamage, energyy, fire rate) working? no matter what I try it defaults to random.

I really wish they had more endgame content.

johnsnail.tumblr.com/post/148740112155/the-ultimate-guide-to-making-custom-items-using

This will help you, gentle user.

Very. This sort of thing needs to be in the aryan mod.

>that feel when mowing down every florian in sight

>tfw you're not even the only idiot I've seen who can't pronounce or spell floran

>aryan mod makes it so tenants of all other races die repeatedly

Funny. Useless for play though.

thanks user, will look it over

Mod that makes asteroid fields better when.
>constant meteors of all sizes
>it can be meteor rain from every direction
>meteors travel in different speeds
>no gravity
>you gotta use weopon abilities or grappling hooks to traverse it
>asteroid density is between current and earlier version density
>occasional smashed and broken ships filled with weapons and resources

molly wouldn't like that

What do you guys expect from fishing? Just food source? I'm thinking maybe something like Terraria where you can get loot out of it. If this is the case, it'll probably give better loot on crazier planets, similar to how reward bags work.

It'd be neat if they let you fish in all liquids and rarer ones like liquid slime had special things in them. I doubt they'll do that, though.

is there a meme about molly casualizing the game or something? I haven't been here lately

If it's not actual fishing (with actual fish) it's going to be lame as fuck

What would even be the purpose?

Funnily enough that isn't even intentional.
We just haven't bothered with chucklefucks new colony system yet.

There better be someone who makes a fishing bot so I don't have to do the tedious fishing myself.
I hate it in Terraria and I'll hate it in Starbound.

But yeah, they're probably going to straight up copy Terraria's system.

Terraria fishing gets you fish as well, I believe. It's just that there would be more incentive to fish because of loot and such. I can't see any reason casual players would go fishing if it just catches fish. How are they gonna make this interesting?

Molly is actually the main dev.

>shoot one of my crewmates with a metwor gun
>Acheivement unlocked: villain
So it counts as a hazard kill? Can you kill other players with this?

Shittiest race doesn't deserve to have it's name properly spelled.

Wasn't there a gif paired with the post that showed your camera going down into the water along with your hook?

>so I don't have to do the tedious fishing myself

do you hate fun? why even play the game yourself? it's supposed to be comfy

You can.

>Shittiest race
>Isn't hyotl

I cut the grass too but you have to know your priorities user

They aren't.

They can copy ark's system instead, make it stupidly broken due to not testing releases then nerf it to hell.

If you thought I had a boner for florans and you were hoping to offend me, I'm afraid you've failed. I mostly play human, sometimes novakid. I'm one of the non-ERPers around here. I just think it's annoying when people can't spell something right that they've clearly read multiple times.

/spawnitem ironrevolver 1 '{"level":10,"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"ancientcrystaltrapbeam"}}'
This object can kill the Erchius Horror.

I honestly don't remember what their tease gif was like.

I'm more of an explorer than a farmer. I like moving from planet to planet.

Why is everyone here so jaded? The game is so much more fun than it used to be. I don't even play with all these meme mods and I'm having a blast.

>This game is totally not a Terraria clone, whoever suggests it is gets banned :^)
>Copypaste Terraria's features

Should i aquire this game on torrent or just mega?

Yeah, just did. Nice.

Was this a thing?
Have they banned people for stating that Starbound is incredibly similar to Terraria?

>I'm more of an explorer than a farmer. I like moving from planet to planet.
I think the game kind of forces you to adopt this mindset, unfortunately. You can settle on a gentle star, but then all your loot and such will suck. If you wait until you can get to fiery stars, your ship is probably big enough/you're probably close enough to the end of the game that you don't need to settle anymore, really. I think settling down and building is surprisingly fulfilling in Starbound, but they really don't give you much incentive to do so.

Banned, don't think so but it triggers a certain developer quite bad

>They don't even copy the GOOD features
Herp de derp

Be honest. You'd just compare it to Terraria either way, and if they didn't add a bunch of the same things you would fault Starbound for it.

As someone with about 1000 hours tracked in Terraria, maybe a bit more if untracked counts, I can say I honestly don't consider Starbound a Terraria clone at all. Maybe we're arguing semantics here, but I think they're in the same genre and the similarities stop there.

Yeah, I also love building stuff, when I actually feel like doing it. Because the game doesn't reward me for it. If the game actually gave me an incentive to do so, I would probably do it more often, and enjoy it.

>it's
wow I'm not surprised that someone who takes virtual racism this seriously can't into grammar.

>hating majestic underwater asians
kys

Quick! Post your ship and ship ideas!

I *vaguely* remember someone getting banned from the steam forums for bringing up Terraria as "derailing"
They ban people for all kinds of stupid shit over there though
One person got banned for saying the game originally had a 2013 release date as "defaming" the devs

In the forums they don't ban for it, but the people there and even the mods (Izabelle in particular) get pissy if anyone so much as mentions Terraria

Heh

Everyone on /sbg/ should just storm Chucklefish and take over the studio to fix their game.
I bet we would do a better collective job.

I agree.
Terraria and Starbound play in very different ways.
The problem I think, is that Chucklefish don't really know if they want Starbound to be more like Terraria or not.
They're sort of stuck in between: Terraria was successful, can we copy that? and, Or should we just make our own unique game?

>Fish player is an ass
>Wonders why nobody likes him

Hahahaha
I guess Terraria is a sensitive subject

Huh. I just tried it, and it sure can. Its damage isn't exactly outstanding due to its fire rate, but the piercing property screws over spooky crystal's shield.

I'm playing on 1.0 and the grappling hook is super easy. You realize it refreshes your jump right? you can just hook jump hook jump forever, you can climb anywhere so fast.

Amateur spriter here. What do you guys want me to sprite.

hes right tho, florans are degenerate savages.
they should all be exterminated

What's your favorite mods, /sbg/?

>grammar nazi

Let's consult the pyramid shall we...

Here's mine.
I'm aware it does, but I've more tan once had a spike or lag or some other oddity cause my hook to whiff or just not work and send me falling. The insurance of having another hook would feel so much better (and be more fun) if you asked me.
So don't get my wrong, a single hook is serviceable, I'd just like to have two of them if I went through the effort to make them.
Why'd it even get patched out anyway?