Chinese Tires

Hey Veeky Forums, I bought a set of brand new tires on eBay for about $250 with free shipping. They're Delinte DH2 tires from some Chinese brand that seems to have good reviews. Haven't installed them yet.

Has anyone here had experience with Chinese tires? Should I go ahead and start finishing my will or will they work for a few years?

It seems like most "American" brand tires are foreign made anyways, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15068693
walmart.com/reviews/product/21607865
hongkongfp.com/2015/08/31/supermarkets-take-tinned-fish-off-shelves-after-tests-find-traces-of-malachite-green/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"foreign made" doesn't imply chinese senpai. Even shit tier pirrelis are made in brasil. Chinese tires are universally shit, and you should probably budget a bit more for the most important part of your car.
Chinese tires are good if you're either gonna:
>use them for burnouts (it would be cheaper to buy used tires but w/e)
>can't afford anything else
>drive somewhere with little to no rain, well within the limits of the car and avoiding any road incident requiring hard braking or steering

They're probably the worst of the worst rejects of the good brands. I'd personally spend more for some acceptable tires.

a quick google search shows you can get a whole set for $164

>not buying continental

>I payed 250USD for a set

The michelin energy savers i have on my company car are terrible, so i can't imagine chinese ones

Shipping costs, senpai. Usually charged per tire

Free shipping from eBay to any of the 48 States

I believe that a proper man never skims on two expenses:

>tires
>condoms

Both are made of rubber, and your life very well may depend on them. That said, I got chinese tires (and almost had a child, but thanks Jesus for abortions) on my car because the previous owner had them changed very recently before the sale and they were like new. So far nothing overly dramatic has happened with them but if I were to buy tires right now I wouldnt buy anything from a company that has never been involved in motorsports...like Prime Well or Kenda.

chink tires are pretty good for summer tires
i only use proper brands for winter though

Enjoy dying on the highway.

Those people are essentially like this
>it's summer
>buy summer tyres
>wew, those tyres are so grippy and they were so cheap
>i'm going to write a stellar review about them so everyone knows how good they are and how bad premium brands are for ripping us off
>eh, it's so hot and I don't want to lose any power with the AC turned on so I'm just going to roll down my windows
>wow, those tyres are so noisy... but eh, they were cheap and at least they are grippy
>one day it rains
>oh man, those tyres are so grippy in the dry, they must be grippy in the wet
>let me attack this turn in 2nd at 50km/h
>tyres don't grip at all
>try to brake, but it's just like skidding on oil
>understeer into a fucking wall

>tfw I got a set of falken ziex h rated tires for 60 each with 2 day shipping

You overpaid

Delinte gave me 3 free sets of tyres for my track car to run in a 5 hour race.
They are useless pieces of shit. Literally anything is better

A bit of this.

Always keep in mind that the average consumer is a fucking idiot, and has no actual knowledge of anything. You could put some Hankook Kinergy Eco up against some MPSS's and the average person would still probably rate both 10/10, or even the MPSS worse as its louder

>cheaping out on the only thing that keeps you on the road.
Shiggy diggy.

>Has anyone here had experience with Chinese tires?
>so it shouldn't be too big of a deal, right?

The problem is that chinese companies have a pattern where they start off good to get a reputation. Then they cheapen and/or swap the product to coast on that product's reputation to boost profits.

They do that for everything like chemical purity to foodstuff cleanliness and sourcing. They do that for raw materials as well as finished products. They swap the internals of electronics without filing for another license or performing another inspection, thus invalidating the Underwriters Laboratory approval. They would continue stamping UL marks on unapproved or untested items. UL caught wind of it and made it harder and more expensive for chinese companies, so they switched to easygoing CSL approval. You rarely see UL approval now since UL keeps watching for unauthorized substitution (bait and switch), so the chinese companies don't use UL due to UL actually enforcing standards are maintained.

I bought an APC brand extension outlet rated for 15 amperes (made in china of course). I plugged in a 1050 watt load (8.75 amperes) and after a short time the extension began smelling and the plastic case started sagging at one spot. It was made too cheaply to even handle a bit over half of its power rating despite the UL stamp. In defense of UL, this APC product was purchased just before UL noticed the chinese companies changing the products so this APC unit was probably one of those bad chinese products with "fake" UL marks. When the chinese change the product internals, it becomes a situation where the product that was approved (at the UL labs) was not the same product being manufactured. The chinese do this swapping frequently once a product has been on the market awhile and they guess no one is continuing to inspect that product.

Related thread on chinese-made auto parts:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15068693

Picture:authentic jamaican

>Hey Veeky Forums, I bought a set of brand new tires on eBay for about $250 with free shipping.

You should also use baseline comparison pricing from warehouse shopping clubs such as Costco Wholesale and Sam's Club. Those stores are all over the USA and have free mounting, patch/plugs for flats, and warranty service at their respective stores in the USA. The free mounting includes the dismounting of your current tires from their rims, mounting of the purchased tires, and balancing.

At my local Sam's Club today, I saw some BF Goodrich all-season touring radials for $68 each tire. That seems really hard to beat since it includes the services that other places charge extra fees for when you install these chinese tires.

Well, at least your set of tires are lower cost than one of the Yokohama tires in the picture.

I put cheap Dexteros (Walmart brand tires made in China) on mostly-trucks all day.

We get complaints about them being noisy garbage all the time. From a tech's point of view, they're a bitch to get balanced right- much more so than anything else I have to deal with. I groan every time a set is wrote up to be installed.

Junk, avoid them.

>I put cheap Dexteros (Walmart brand tires made in China) on mostly-trucks all day.

You are probably referring to Dexteros DTR1 tires at $53 each. But the reviews posted online for Dextero DHT2 $101 dollar tires are 3.8 to 4.6 stars out of 5 stars. They are "the best" or "reliable" or "all season" tires. Don't tell me these are all fake reviews created by the chinese staff of dexteros tire company? If chinese tires have higher user reviews than Michelin Pilot, then these Dexteros chinese tires must be better than Michelin Pilots.

Official Dexteros Tire company quote:
Advanced noise cancelling technology effectively reduces tire road noise ...

Review quote:
Look at the reviews...we are all in agreement...these Dextero DHT2 tires are the best riding and handling tires I have ever found

A ton of customers rated Dextero DHT2 tires 5 stars out of 5 stars:
walmart.com/reviews/product/21607865

MPSS or Continental's performance tires could be rated worse since they would be compared against all season in wet or snow environments where they fail compared to the low cost chinese tires that managed to have better all around performance. Face it, China has come a long ways and is poised to push most of the tires off the market just like they did with so many other products and dinosaur companies.

For what it's worth Conti ExtremeContacts do very well in rain

I mean they will let go much easier than they would on a hot day but still very respectable wet performance

Does anyone have any experience with these walmart douglas brand tires? They are super cheap ($60, tires usually cost more than $100 per tire in this size) and are made in usa.

The Chinese tires I got could not be balanced to go over 60 mph. They would shake so violently that I thought I was on a washboard gravel road.
>opportunity to go slow and save money on gas and vehicle wear
The only thing that was scarier than going the speed limit was cornering over 15 mph
>tire squal lets feel like a race car driver
Light rain may has well have been oil
>every weather change is an opportunity to work on driving skills

You should see the difference between low-grade chinese tires and premium tires when it comes to winter tires

Me and a buddy both drive W202 Mercs. I have Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 tires, which were the worlds best winter tires when they were released some years ago. He is on some Minerva IcePlus S210 because he is a cheap fuck.

The difference; hills where he cannot even get up after having gathered speed are hills where I can stop midways and get going again with no issue

>>tire squal lets feel like a race car driver

Do not tire squeal in front of police. Tire Squeal when accelerating from a stopped position (traffic light or stop sign) can give you a ticket for excessive acceleration. Tire Squeal while the car is moving around a corner or even psedo-drifting (fishtailing actually) due to tires losing grip can give you a racing ticket which is a severe ticket to get. Insurance companies can cancel your policy for felony driving (using the car as the getaway vehicle in a bank robbery), hit-and-run driving (the insurance company hates that), and racing (most policies already explicitly say they don't cover racing). If you do those things, your insurance may abandon you. Anyways, average insurance rate for drivers in this area is about $850 annually. Rates are higher if credit score is low, you have liens, criminal background, or if you have past car problems (dui, speed tickets, auto-related crimes such as car theft).

>You should see the difference between low-grade chinese tires and premium tires when it comes to winter tires

The chinese tires should be good enough in climates that don't have snow.

We don't have much of a winter here and the cold season is actually kind of short and not all that cold as there is no snow or ice on the ground. So true winter tires are not needed.

I'm not sure what you're getting at

>For what it's worth Conti ExtremeContacts do very well in rain

Thanx for the heads up. I have ContProContacts and they really stick to the road when cornering. There must have been a giant old stockpile of them for GM to equip my new 2016 with these since ContiPureContacts have been the replacement for some years now. So I am a little disappointed in GM. When these ProContacts wear out, I will probably try the ExtremeContacts unless they are noisy.

How are they noise-wise? I want quiet tires as most of my driving is non-stressful type that doesn't need grippy performance tires. Thus noise becomes the top concern. It's not like I'd use these chinese tires, but if they were rated as #1 for least noise in the world, I would be tempted.

Gettin these bad bitches in the mail in about a week.
They look like shit, but they keep up with tire twice the price :^)

>How are they noise-wise?
If you want less noise, get a lower speed rated tire.

There's a chick who showed up at our local meets with a big FEDERAL TIRE banner on her s2k claiming that they sponsored her

the banner was gone in a month and replaced with a Spoon one because she put a Spoon shift knob on

So you paid 62$ a tire online when you could have got (at least I can ) get Goodyear tires for 74$

You fuckin dickhead everybody knows not to do skids in front of police

>Oh I see you have a nice well thought out argument but here's what I think
>Muh warranty

>tfw have BF Goodrich tires made in America

but I do have Westlake tires on my beater Sonata, they're..tires. Not too loud, balance easily, "acceptable" handling

Honestly you're probably better off just paying an extra $10 per tire and getting a name-brand

Since this is a tire thread:

Pirelli P7 Plus or Michelin Premier A/S

Tires are going on my daily driver.

>Muh warranty
The chinese tires if bought through Wal-Mart would have a warranty and installation.

I can only really recommend Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position SO4s, Yokohama Avid S35s or Yokohama Advan Sports for a good tire. Ran the latter in AutoX when I wasn't on slicks because of rules and they did great on road and track. The Bridgestones were my daily driver tires before another set of Yokos. For a race tire or drag tire, I go Pirelli, Hoosier, or Mickey Thompson.

PLEASE RESPOND
L
E
A
S
E

R
E
S
P
O
N
D

>How are they noise wise

They're not a quiet tire once worn, if you want quiet tires you'll need to go with worse performing rubber. That said they're not nearly as bad as the P Zero shitbox tires that came stock with my car, those fuckers were louder at cruise than my exhaust in the cabin.

Tfw get 1 Goodyear tire for free whenever I buy a set, so 4 tires for the price of 3 all because my dad works in the factory.

>Chinese noise cancelling technology
They just store all that extra sound in the sidewall.

I like how chinese companies just say things and then don't provide any type of proof. Or they just say something and it is a bold untruth as with some of their food products that are made with contaminated water from polluted waterways.

It's not just tires and the raw materials that go into them. As an example of food standards, the Pearl River region (one of the most polluted waterways in the world) has a number of fish farms in the polluted water. The dace are fried in a dark oil and then canned for local consumption or export. Ignoring the heavy metal polluted water the fish lived in all their lives, the oil used to fry the fish is the used discarded oil collected from restaurants. Have you ever wondered about those big bins where restaurants dump their used oil? Where does that oil go? Well, since it is super cheap to buy, you can guess what happens. To save money and thus increase profits, that oil is used to fry yet some more foods. Hey, heating that oil up surely kills germs and moulds and spores from those metal refuse bins. Anyways, due to pollution, the usa had banned the tinned dace since the 1990's since the fish farms seem to refuse to stop using carcinogenic chemicals in raising the fish.
hongkongfp.com/2015/08/31/supermarkets-take-tinned-fish-off-shelves-after-tests-find-traces-of-malachite-green/

I don't notice them even on shitty Texas roads but my CTS has about 1400 lbs of sound dampening material so I don't know if that actually helps you.

Same boat. Bought a 500 dollar civic with nearly new Prime Well tires. W/e, it's a shit box

Yah I ran a set of 185/65R14 Douglas cheapies on my Subaru for a winter and summer. They had really good grip in the snow when they were new actually. Never had any complaints on road noise. Only issue is if I tried to drive hard on them in the summer the sidewall would completely flop over and I'd be riding on the very edge of the tire. I wore them to the wear bars in under a year. When I got rid of them I think 2 of them had broken belts. I drove a set of Goodyear tires just as hard the next year and while the side wall never floppwd they also had broken belts when I got rid of them.

Really they weren't that bad for just driving around.

All you can do is test them. Be careful and start low in your grip expectation of them and keep a close eye for any problems.

china brand tyres can be pretty good or shit. its a lucky dip because they cant seem to keep the rubber batches consistent. iv seen chinese brand tyres get from 10,000km's to 80,000km's (convert that yourself). in all honesty if your broke as fuck sure get them. otherwise get a more common brand. often still made in china but with a higher quality standard.

>they cant seem to keep the rubber batches consistent
Too much corruption in the chinese system to have reliable purity levels. The idea that chemical reagents must be 99.99% pure probably means it only needs to be 99.99% at the time it is being inspected or tested. All other times, they can slack off on purity to make more profit.

Sort of like baby food formula that needed to pass inspection for protein content. Chemicals were added which made the protein tests indicate there was enough protein content for marketing under that brand name! For meat products shipped to western markets, melamine (an industrial chemical also used as surface paint coating on wood products) was added because it was a type of protein that meat protein tests would register as protein. Thus the tests would show that the "meat product" had sufficient protein to meet the can's labeling when in fact it had cellulose filler and other types of meat byproduct filler.

Even chinese toothpaste had lead contamination. It failed usa inspection, so the unapologetic chinese took the relabeled product and sent it elsewhere (central america) to Panama because they ignored copyright and trademark and labeled those toothpaste tubes as an american brand name toothpaste. But since it didn't taste anything like the official american brand, it was quickly revealed as fraud and tested positive for lead contamination again. Don't know what happened after that as it fell off the news radar. But if you have a good brandname, chances are someone elsewhere in the world that you don't know about is making products under your name and selling them.