You guys

You guys

I can get this Hyundai for $16000.

Would this be an upgrade over my Eclipse Mk4?

No

You could buy a WRX for $16k

You could buy alot better cars than the WRX for 16000$

>has 16k to spend
>buys FWD

Lmao veloster

The 4th gen eclipse turned to be IMO a nice comfy car. The Mivec 6g75 is just god tier.

>I can get this Hyundai for $16000
there are cheaper ways of torture and humiliation

Probably asking the wrong place, Veeky Forums.

Veloster seems OK. Definitely a more interesting car than an Elantra, or an Accent.

Only in terms of styling and amount of doors.

What is the mentality behind the people that pay that kind of money for a garbage, overpriced shitbox?

People want something different, something out of the ordinary, so they buy something that not many people buy.
What they don't realize is that people don't buy it because it's shit.

>Veloster seems OK

You could get a Mazdaspeed for that money

shhh dont spoon feed the retard

The transmissions in those are fucking garbage, do not buy one. Holy shit it lugs the engine in reverse, what the fuck. I valet, I drive these every so often and every one I have driven vibrated horribly in reverse like someone lugging their engine.

what a pile of shit

Oh, and if the reverse shenanigans arent enough, it just shifts rough as fuck. It shifts like a retard learning how to drive a stick shift.

>Hyundai in charge of transmissions

The one I testdrove didn't do this.

You sound like a terrible valet.

Right, buy your Korean shitbox then. How the fuck does a person have any input over what an automatic transmission does? Can't believe there are niggas here who will defend a Veloster

Brand new Focus and Fiesta's dont have transmission problems either (mostly). You gonna say those cars aren't fucked, too?

Focus and Fiesta have both had pure recalls for their transmission you fucking moron.

Certainly nobody gives a fuck about the opinion of a Days Inn valet driver for any car.

lmao hyundai
i can't think of a worse way to spend 16k

You can buy a c5 Corvette with 100k miles for $16k

OP, PLEASE do not buy that car for that much money. I had one for 3 years on lease and it was terrible.

It hooks you with its bells and whistles like the sunroof and sound system but the ride sucks and its very slow. The steering has no feel and it understeers hard

Look for a used focus ST or and older gen GTI if you're into hatches

Yes

> drives a 4G Eclipse
> wants a Hyundai
> is on a car board

This thread should really be about finding you a new hobby desu

> spending 16k on a used Hyundai

Holy shit there are 50-year-old women on Veeky Forums now?

The ride does suck. It's Hyundai trying to be "sporty" and failing miserably.

However on mine I did notice that putting some Michelins on it rather than the el cheapo Kumhos from the dealer really makes a huge difference.

>people on this board think 16k for a 2012-2017 hatchback is expensive

Honestly, what kind of horrible shitboxes does Veeky Forums drive?

For a car as bad as this, that is a lot of money. It's in no way, shape or form worth that much.

If it's the turbo get it. Honestly everyone else on this board can fuck off, yeah sure maybe there is a few nit pick cars that are better at that range but this one isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

>The transmissions in those are fucking garbage

They aren't CVT's and they don't lug. I don't know if you just drove the worst one but i've driven at least 6 different ones with turbos and without and every last one shifts silky smooth and does not lug reverse.

This. The stock tires are utter garbage and you will be lucky to have them last 20k while giving you bad grip. Who knows maybe they just last the longest and that's why they were chosen.

It's not a turbo, you can easily tell by the front.
It's not worth sixteen fucking thousand dollars.

Not sure if the hate is for the car or for the brand.

But in my area you can get a used Genesis Sedan for $12k-16k in great shape. I'm not sure what the coupes go for, but I just got a 2012 Genesis Sedan and I love it.

>heated/cooled leather seat
>moonroof
>climate control
>awesome stereo
>backup camera
>3.8L V6 w/ 330 HP
>RWD

You probably have no car, so...

South Korea is best Korea.

My tv is Korean, my phone is Korean, my car is Korean, my music playlist is Korean.