/4xg/ - Stellaris and 4X Games General

No more (embed) Edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Recommended mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034
civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Civ5_CBP_Wikia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for best girl

What a trade

Fungus operates much like animals in that it takes in energy from its environment and doesn't utilize photosynthesis. Maybe I misread your post. I don't know.

Age of Empires 2 is cryptic bullshit. Just like Battle Realms.

They don't make games like that now.

>Age of Empires 2 is cryptic bullshit
what did he mean by this

I'm going to enjoy Civ VI and nobody can stop me.

>implying
You will hate it. And then you will hate yourself. Like we all do.

Whom will you play as first?

>Civ6 comes in 3 months
>tfw still haven't tried Civ5

First, I wanted to give Firaxis time to iron out the inevitable issues after release. Later, upon seeing the bunch of map pack and whatnot, I decided to wait for GOTY (as I usually do). Then it turned out it doesn't contain everything, plus there'll be an upcomic expansion.

Later, Gold Edition looked a must have but then I realised they still managed to leave Brave New World out of it. After all these hassle Complete Edition finally offered a total package, but by that time my interest (that wasn't that high to begin with) totally dried up.

If Firaxis going to play the same scenario (or worse) with the sixth episode, they won't see a dime from me (again). Unless it's going to be the most polished and advanced episode so far, which is really unlikely from what I'Ve seen so far.

Ah, Battle Realms. It was a breath of fresh air even back then, the unit combination part was innovative yet not overly complicated. It's a shame it never got a proper sequel or at least a spiritual successor.

I heard there's a Lotus expansion in the work, but it's kinda ded right now.

We used to think that if you played on the internet, you could send your troops to be trained in your allies' barracks to get even more units.

is it autistic to not care about civ VI at the slightest because of the artstyle?

no, it's perfectly reasonable to not like something because of the way it looks.

for example I don't like Civ 4 because it looks hideous compared to 3.

England or Germany.

I'm a masochist. If Rome II didn't stop me from falling for the preorder hype then nothing will. Besides, they have a good team on this one and from the released footage so far it looks quite nice.

Is Stellaris good now?
How new Dlc and patch?
Did swedes fix game?

Rolling

Not yet

No.
No.
No.
Wait until the "Good Game" dlc.
Should be out within the year.

The new plantoids DLC is great! Only 8 bucks for a few portraits and a new shipstyle! What a steal, it's worth 20 bucks at the very least!

>$20 for 1/6 of the content
Jewhan wanted to chage $120 for stellaris

I find $8 for optional cosmetics less offensive than $20 to make the game not shit.

It's only £5 in the UK, which is $6.41.

DUDE PLANTS LMAO

What traits should they have?

Humanoid-plants.

We will never get planet devouring race because muhh warscore and gotta respect that universal galaxy rule for no reason :^)

DUDE WEED LMAO
Ask Seth Rogan maybe

Sedentary.

I just want Super Capitals and Doomsday lasers.

>finished my diplomacy portugal and science maya game
Time to go for a third.

>95-98 reroll
Fug

>maya again
Fuck, rerolling again.

Let's see how awful this world must become

Anything that consumes more food.

Let's see if I can get a lucky spawn and use [rolled civ] to finally unite Ireland on the UK map.
>always split between four pacifist civs and none of them ever amount to anything, while the war rages in England proper

>Polynesia
>map of choice
>Domination

This is a good sign.

rolling rock is a shit beer

Ottomeme cultural victory on Earth, interdasting

What is the point of Seekers? No matter how I look at them they're literally just eclipsed by Monks in literally every aspect

What are some good Stellaris mods lost to the sea of stuff in the workshop?

So I built this city 14 turns ago and rushed petra in it with a great engineer the turn it was settled while a worker went sanic with farm building and a naval food route from my capital. I don't think I've ever seen a city grow this quickly before.

ethiopian scum.
impressive though

This city now has higher population than my capital with 21 pop to 20. Quite impressive for a city that was founded on turn 100

what's the latest stellaris patch

Minor. Basically just fixes the broken Xeno Integration tech so now you actually can have xeno leaders if you're a filthy racetraitorous cuck

no I meant what's the patch number

I'm gonna get the latest edition, I haven't played for like 2 months

>he doesn't want to find out what hot plant babes can do to his cock
Sounds like you're a fag desu.

how do you even get aliens in your empire without conquering them

I am on my phone so sadly do not have access to my extensive /lewd/monstergirls/plantgirls folder, but rest assured I know exactly what plantgirls can do to my cock.
But the fact that I want hot stamen on pistil action doesn't mean I want them running my empire.

Migration treaties.
But you can only sign them if you have the free movement policy, and the free movement policy is 100% guaranteed to fuck up your resource management, so no-one does it.

>the free movement policy is 100% guaranteed to fuck up your resource management

I hope they actually decide on what direction they want to take the game. This half of everything in the game is shit because it fucks something up meme they have going is pretty shit.

>getting poison ivy on your dick
my rash is starting to flare up again

Fuck the change from Core World to Core System is so good, now I have a reason to terraform all those planets in the systems neighboring the homeworld.

Though I really don't like how you only find out if a sector is deficient on tech until an hour in, I just want to reroll to get a good start you know?

Is it odd that one of the biggest additions I want to the game is a second stage of race creation where you figure out more details of your race's history and get bonuses, abilities or even custom events because of it?

Like, I want to be a Fanatical Spiritualist that sacrifices aliens to my sun gods or Materialists that are actually fine with cybernetic enhancements (where are those in the game, anyway?)

>now I have a reason to terraform all those planets
no you still really don't

Explain why I shouldn't use the resources I wouldn't use anywhere else on terraforming a 23 size tropical world to arid and dump a colony ship on it.

>fleet sieging city of Ribe
>just finished castle
>a hurricane hits destroying my castle

stellaris patch download for pirates where??

>misclick my garrisoned pikeman sending him to explore instead of fortify
>he jumps right out into the ocean
>no funds to purchase a new garrisoned unit
>it's one turn from the 10 turn auto-save

This is the second CBP game I've lost on Immortal. First Persia with Authority then Indonesia with Progress. Both times I used my early UU to conquer a neighboring civ only to be out teched, DOWd, and then bled dry by over 100 turns of war. And they NEVER want peace.

Next time I'll use a civ without an early UU. I'm typically pretty solid on Immortal but maybe early aggression just doesn't work well in CBP.

To elaborate, I won the initial wars. It's the the inevitable second war with another civ I lose.

What is this CBP meme, I presume a mod? What does it do?

waste of time. Usually just as good worlds to settle close enough by even if they are a few less tiles. Terraforming takes ridiculously long. By the time it's done my borders have usually surpassed the planet anyway and I'm looking outwards.

yes a mod, changes just about everything to make a more balanced game.
forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034

civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Civ5_CBP_Wikia

Because just shipping in some ayy lmaos who are already correctly suited to it is so much more efficient.
Terraforming is shit-tier.
Spreading your main race is suboptimal anyway, uplifts are strictly better to the tune of 20 happiness points

If you had to choose between Cleo and Hatsheptut(?) for Civ VI, who'd you choose?

Hatshepsut was at least fuckin Egyptian, and if I recall correctly, she wasn't a bad pharaoh

Cleo was a shitty leader, an inbred Greek, and the pop culture normie option. Sheppy all the way

Cleo was a fucking slut. Hatshep all the way.

This If they wanted a female pharaoh, Hatsheput is the way better option, hell Nefertiti would be pretty cool too.

I'd rather a male pharaoh.

Hatshepsut is more reasonable but I like Cleo better.

we just had that with Ramses

Snofru the Pyramid Maximizer

>australia never gets a leader

go

Cleo was the reason the Egyptian's lost their empire. Why would anyone want to romanticize her?

Because seh's sexy.

Rollingo

I don't remember the leader chart, is there any leader that represents Celts/Irish in Civ VI? Or will that island be simply empty?

Romans loved her.

That island should always be empty.

>if your fleets are inside an enemies borders when you declare war on them they just go MIA because no fun allowed
Fuck you Paradox. You even take the fun out of being a crazy backstabbing asshole.

wouldn't a star wars mod be pretty fun and fitting for stellaris. I remember liking the mod for SoaSE: rebellion

How do you guys enable the DLCs? I can't get the plantoids working, but the arachnoids and creatures of the void work

yeah that shit is so stupid. At least put them at the edge of the borders or something. You just get fucked having them MIA for a few months

/4xg/, I'm a Stellaris player and I'm starting to get somewhat bummed about expanding into noodly/scattered empires or having to wait for repatriates to calm down before I take more of their homeland. Do you have any advice for expanding?
In addition, is anyone here working on adding new ship models to the game?

Take alien planets and replace their populations with robots then terraform them

> having to wait for repatriates to calm down before I take more of their homeland
No you don't.
Homelander rebellions are completly trivial. Just annex at full tilt, let 'em try to rebel, and bomb the shit out of them again. It's a hundred times faster than actually letting them cool off.

>waiting for them to calm down
jesus do you ever get anything done? just take all there shit, purge anyone unhappy

>Confucianism - Carthaginian Empire
>Islam, Judaism - Celtic Empire
>Sikhism - Byzantine Empire
That's the fucking reason why I always use historical religions mod

silly meme religions

What does it exactly do? I see there's a bunch of new religions but how does it prevent nations from founding / adapting meme religions?

It also makes them found their actual religions. Celts would found Druidism for example. I use complete edition of it, which adds really shitload of religions and also is compatible with many civ mods

Sounds good. How is it implemented in-game? I mean, do they automatically get it at point or whenever they want to found one their option is limited to one? Also, does it restrict the player in a similar fashion (i.e. you can only found your nation's starting religion)?

That mod is just flavour, doesn't change anything mechanic related. It's just if they found a religion, they found the religion they actually believed in real life. I think, I'm not sure about this part, if the religion they believed is already founded, they choose the closest one. And it doesn't limit players in anyway, so you can still meme if you want. In fact you can meme even harder because you'll have like about 100 extra religions to choose from

>4 hideous compared to 3
3 is straight up grotesque looking though, everything looks super uncanny valley when it doesn't look like the early 2000's F2P equivalent.

Probably yeah, there's a whole game beneath it you know

It's the best of both worlds then. Thanks for the info!

>tfw Dankest Dungeon General is dead for months