/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 11th:
2492 BC – Traditional date of the defeat of Bel by Hayk, progenitor and founder of the Armenian nation.
1473 – The Battle of Otlukbeli: Mehmed the Conqueror of the Ottoman Empire decisively defeats Uzun Hassan of Aq Qoyunlu.
1918 – World War I: The Battle of Amiens ends.
1919 – The constitution of the Weimar Republic is adopted.
1920 – The Latvian–Soviet Peace Treaty, which relinquished Russia's authority and pretenses to Latvia, is signed, ending the Latvian War of Independence.

>News
EU4 DD04/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-4th-of-august-2016.961146/

CK2 DD 18: Optimization and Modding
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-18-optimization-and-modding.962057/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfxtOzN-2t8
strawpoll.me/10972281
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

wew

I'll fucking kill you.

reporsting this, Guys I've become really burnt out on vidya lately, can someone suggest a good, wholesome, interesting campaign to play

edgy

memes

Guys, any good HOI4 mods?

>but it's so EZ
>playing Germoney, USSR, UK, Japan or America
>implying the challenge isn't in Italy, France and Poland

>start victoria 2
>pick prussia
>???
>profit.

Are Americans actually banned from owning SAMs or are they just prohibitivly expensive?

Anyone else got bored of Paracuck grand strategy games?
Last good was EU4 and even that is simplistic as fuck and they milk us for DLC dogh.
Yea i was thinking of buying No Mans Sky i heard it's good game, can't wait to play it!

The M&T 2.0 maymays are getting pretty dank.

Really, though, I just CAN'T WAIT for the update.
youtube.com/watch?v=dfxtOzN-2t8

Guys I wan't some help.
I'm wanna play Victoria for the first time.
I saw the mods form the archives, but I don't know which ones to use, any advise?
Also, any good fun/easy picks for a noob like me?
I've played EU(3&4), CK2 and HOI (3&4, but sucked at 3 tough).

What's a good Space strategy? Is Galactic Civilization 3 a good buy?

tfw when you want to play a unique and challenging scenario but people just keep posting memes

Play Egypt, create Grossarabiums.

I think SAMs would count as destructive devices, like RPGs and whatever, and you can own them in most states, you just have to have them registered and pass an extra rigorous background check

which game?

Wrong thread. Either
or

>all that lag

Damn this really makes you scratch your heads...

Vic 2 obviously.

Egypt to gross arab uniums is incredibly hard but incredibly rewarding.

well...
I'm lost for words

reminder to report and ignore shitposting

The person who made the video said it was all the recording software's fault. The M&T team has been saying that 2.0 isn't any slower than the current version.

*tips stahlhelm*

>mfw working on prosperity sphere
Feels good man

kojak dindu nuffin he a good boi

wtf I hate Johan now

>The M&T team has been saying that 2.0 isn't any slower than the current version.
Thw current version is incredibly slow.

shitposting groups are the life blood of this general

square memel champ #1

It's 4x so seealso galciv2 is better

Reminder to #staywoke

Thanks

JUST

I really wish this was satirical.

Not sure if attempted hypermeme or just retardation.

don't worry it is

99% of the ones you see on the chans are

pic related is real though, it's from a we wuz site.

You're a retard.

>crown of Hungary
triggers me every time

Who can even tell at this point. Niggers in real life have unironically told me crazier shit than that.

strawpoll.me/10972281

>Croatian Moorish king
Damn son, Croats would genocide him on sight

REMINDER

Sure thing, Tyrone Da'Marcus.

>the nostrils in your pic look african
it all makes sense..

r8

And i have semi slanted eyes so i must be Mongol Serb obviously.

How can someone be this stupid, Jesus Christ.

You're talking about the niggers that actually believe all this, right? I'm making fun of them, not agreeing with them.

i once had a black man tell me he was descended from the Israelites or some shit

How did you take Peking?

What did he mean by this?

I changeovered capitol so i dont have two ugly unconnected blobs.

No, I'm talking about you. That's satire.

requesting "johan is based" copypasta

So I'm the stupid one, and not the niggers that truly believe it? Fuck off, cuck.

4 years into Weltkreig and he gives you this look

>unironically being an american

Johan is an Autist.

He does not like how Paradox is dealing with their games. He doesn't like the DLC policy, he doesn't like the casualization, he doesn't like the SWEDEN YES-tier intrusions to his historical simulators.

And yes, he privately laments on not making the games more like simulators and less like platforms for easy fun and DLC.

He's a sub-par male specimen due to his physical health, but he likes his games. He just can't do anything but go with the company's flow, he is silenced and basically acts as a lunch-time bug-tester and balancer, a face of Paradox PR and a testemant to past age of Paradox GS games.

He still occasionally plays EU2 and his earlier games, that is more we can say about the newer, more 'progressive' employees at the company.

Johan is an Autist.

He was the creative designer on Stellaris, nothing more. He had a more prominent role in EU4 as the lead for Game Design, but was heavily constrained by release schedule and Wester (CEO) influencing the development to create a more profitable platform for DLC and easy fun. Johan had an even bigger role in the development of CK2 as it's Producer for it's initial development back in 2012, and less constrained by a still transient Wester who had not discovered the perfect formula for profit. CK2, at the time, was an 'okay' game that many people could have seen being improved to be better than CK1, and more.

CK2's DLC was not developed in any way by Johan, and look at the game now.

Games previous to CK2 are either acceptable or more high up there in autistry, while Paradox was still a small (sub-40 employees) yet growing company and Johan still had a voice that was listened to.

Johan is an autist.

Johan: You want answers?

/gsg/: I think we're entitled to them.

Johan: You want answers?

/gsg/: I want the truth!

Johan: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has profits. And those profits have to be maintained by casuals. Who's gonna do it? You? You, /gsg/? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for East vs West and you curse Paradox. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that East vs West's death, while tragic, probably saved money. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves money...You don't want the truth.
We use words like casual, streamlining, wider audience...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very games I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a face pack DLC and be a good goy. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

/gsg/: Did you cancel East vs West?

Johan: (quietly) I did the job Wester sent me to do.

/gsg/: Did you cancel East vs West?!

Johan: You're goddamn right I did!!

kek

Tell me the name of any black that believes Germans were blacks pre-WW2.
You're a retard.

>He doesn't believe that blacks were the real Germans, he must be a /pol/tard!
I had a feeling you were reddit when you first replied to me, now it's confirmed. You have to go back.

lmao triggered

I'm black AND WE WUZ NAZIS 'N SHIT, whiteboi.

Not that user, and I don't know any that believe that. But I do know some I'm 90% sure I could convince to believe that.

>Its a /gsg/ debates whether something is satirical or not and everyone interperets it, and the reactions to it therein differently episode
I love these!

>offtopic discussion
Go to /an/ and dicsuss them.

All me. Literally every single post was me. How does that make you feel?

>le you have to go back

>backpedaling this fucking hard because you're so fucking retarded you couldn't recognize satire if it bit you in the arse

LMAO

just

LMAO

Blacks have said dumber shit. Like Belgium being black because the moors invaded spain and the hapburgs owned both at one time

Jamarcus Washington, Trevon DeShawn, does it matter? Even if I produced actual names you still wouldn't believe me because you have some fairy-tale liberal vision of blacks that doesn't coincide with reality.

i can smell your butthurt from here

Name me one Negro that knows who knows there are two Martin Luther Kings.

What the hell is "/r/thedonald"? Some reddit thing? You've already exposed yourself, so just fuck off and go back to browsing nigger dicks or whatever it is you do there.

Nice to see you know reddit boards by heart, redditor.

You gonna join him redditor?

Nice to see you're up to date on all the hot reddit AMAs, Redditor.

u mad

I hope trump wins and america gets wiped off the face of the earth in the ensuing race war.

user...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

Why is Rob such a baby? He literally banned me from the Steamgruppe for taking Quebec as Romania.

>/pol/tards pretending that their board isn't the biggest reddit congregation on this site

wew

Where did I even imply samefag, you stupid nigger.

That's more believeble than anyone believing nazis were blacks and shit 2bh

I don't live in some fairy tale. I live in monkeyland and have a couple of black Brazilian friends, I'm not sure about how Afro Americans actually are but here the dumb ones couldn't give a shit about anything like this, while the smart ones are far better than this. I also had a friend from Botswana back when I was a teenager, lad was pretty decent.
>liberal
The world doesn't run around you like you believe so, fucking yank.
We don't give a fuck about American politics, but everyone who went past high school knows about MLK.
>two
Please don't tell me you think Martin Luther's full name is named Martin Luther King.

>That undefended French and Southern Italy border
Gets me everytime
Reminder that KR1.08 will have updated Japanese events, Irish events, Australian events, a possible National Bolshevik (lol) Russia, and possibly a revised or fleshed out 2ACW.

Why did you go shogunate instead of empire?

>Reminder that KR1.08 will have updated Japanese events, Irish events, Australian events, a possible National Bolshevik (lol) Russia, and possibly a revised or fleshed out 2ACW.

Sounds great, any idea when it's coming out?

>no proper Austrian Germany decision
Opinion discarded.

Shut up, reddit.