washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/5605414643.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5O1x8i8chcM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Troy Lee sure does like bright colors

>Job interview tomorrow
>It's supposed to be a nice day
>Work right afterward

Fuck. Should I ride, /dbt/?
I kinda have to gear up to get to work thanks to freeways, but work attire is usually casual wear since I work in a lab.

The place I'm interviewing at is just down the street almost, so I set up the interview just before work... but now I'm wondering if I want to show up with all this gear on.

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/5605414643.html

HNNNG want bad. Anybody know anything about that era XRs?

want to start out on a ZX6R. Literally zero riding experience.

Bad idea?

yes

Are you a fucking faggot or do you enjoy riding and learning about true control and riding techniques?

I went to a job interview yesterday in full leathers as that is how i would be coming there everyday.
Shows them you own a motorcycle and use it as a Daylie.
I had an interview for a job as a chef tho, so if you applied as a banker or so you may reconsider.

Pretty bad idea, not really a comfortable or easy bike to learn on but it is easy doable and many people do it.
don't fall for the 250 meme though.

No because a predatory employer will consider you an insurance risk. This only applies to career type jobs though.

daily reminder that honda a shit

If we are talking dirt bikes which clearly we are then yes, Honda a fucking terrible.

My original post was a bit of a troll, but I really don't want to start out on a 250.

The pricing just doesn't make sense.

I'd be spending $3000~ minimum on a decent condition Ninja 250 or Ninja 300 which I'll likely outgrow after a month. I'm not some retarded 18 year old who just got done watching Need For Speed so I feel confident I can handle something stronger than a 250.

>250 meme
You buy the 250 from Craigslist and ride around for a bit until you're comfortable then sell it to make your money back and get the bigger bike.

That's just a aluminum perimeter frames in general which do that. CRFs are known for short-lived engines though.

>honda a good on everything else

The only worthwhile bike they brought out in the last 6 years is the african twin.

Silver Spring fag here, reminds me of the xl125 sitting in front of my garage

holy fuck nigger I ride a XR650 around its such a beast and fun to drive hard

Fresh

yes, bad idea.

Any you fags ride a dual sport? I've been watching pic related and I wanna in the worst way. If you do, what do you ride, and do you like it? What would you recommend?

Noice
>Hello darkness my old friend

>Not just going through it

Pussy.

Replaced the fork seals on the DRZ yesterday. Surprised at how quick and easy it was. Once I did the first and knew what I was doing the second one only took around 15 or 20 minutes. Did a couple whoolies to make sure they're totally sealed up and it was a success. Can't ride anymore today cause of severe thunder storms :(

>mine haven't arrived yet

The Skid Demon will never claim me :(

just do it bro i started on an gsxr srad 600 with tons of torque and power. you just need to respect the throttle and progress at your own pace

Did he died? His stuff is real interesting to watch for those of us who don't have that kind of backyard

that would be much messier and more effort

>Silver Spring fag
>xl125
Oh? Hello hello, got any pics?
Yeah, I loved when I had an xr100.

Then why own a dirt bike if not for getting dirty?

Not OP but I enjoy trail riding, I don't enjoy being a nasty muddy bastard.

>dbt stickers
>nobike
>ants

i ride a dual sport, but not like that. I don't have miles of open desert right out my door, nor do I have the time or money for long travels. I just ride around on roads and occasionally veer off onto random trails I find along the way.

you're one of the people I would roost on purpose

who is that cute mupper

Because it's still fun to ride even without taking the worst line possible. I didn't want to ride through the mud rut. Why does that bother you?

some cat had 3 kittens in my barn and they all stay down there now. The kittens are pretty fun and cute, but the mother cat is a total cunt. she hisses at me every time I go to get by bike out.

He put out a video yesterday do I assume he's ok

tfw no cute mupper for snugs and willies

holy shit this bike sounds so good. want

youtube.com/watch?v=5O1x8i8chcM

chicks dig the ants

i think that was honda's cam-in-block era. running low on oil even once would mongle the cam journal, sending the engine into an incurable death spiral.

honda actually went back to lolpushrods for their third world models.

get a pupper

no pics of the 125, but I do have pics of my xt350

I kind of miss my SL125 a bit

Wow, good to know.
I'll probably get something more new and reliable in terms of parts.

Damn, those colors. Sooo good, that 90s vibe.
>I swear I saw that on craigslist a while back.

>pls let me in

FUCK

What do you got for a bike

>tfw still no peter tho

dual sport is love.

Thata husqvarna?

Green DRZ400

I'll take yer bike

drz400s

that's a suzuki DR-Z400

I take it is the go too dual sport? I was thinking about a dr650 but it looks too heavy.

regular bolts in countersunk holes? HERESY

its good for what it is.
pros
>cheap
>reliable
>easy to fix if shit goes bad
>long service intervals
>plenty of aftermarket support
cons
>carburated
>only 5 gears (kinda sucks for prolonged highway use)
>kinda slow from factory (there plenty of shit you can do to fix that)

would i recomend it? FUCK YEAH

actual off road riding is best, riding a dirt bike on road just ruins the fun.

please enlighten me.

not even dawg, you get to do a bunch of hooligan shit

So I brought a 1098 a week ago 10/10 fun

even riding down dirt roads to get to the good trails is fucking boring though uleh.
willies and power slides can only keep you entertained for so long.

rip

noice

i enjoy both of them in different ways. popping curbs and just doing hoodrat shit is pretty cool.
not to mention the looks you get from soccer moms on mini-vans and SUVs are priceless.

>DRZ
>cheap
That seems to be a big selling point but it's not really true. The used market is so inflated they go for ridiculous prices even if they're beat up. New, they're more expensive than the 650 and while they're still one of the cheaper ones on the market, it is still too much considering the technology is nearly 20 years old.

I thought about buying the supermoto version for the higher gear ratio for highway use to trails. Is that unnecessary? Can the drz carry camping gear like the dr?

yeah but if you have a bike that can ride on road chances are its a pigfatshit once you take it off road, the compromises aren't worth it in my opinion.
id rather have a road bike and a dirt bike.

you are partially right. however if you are patient you can find one for cheap i got mine for 1800 freedom units

nah you can simply change your front and rear sprokets for that. you will be able to carry some gear on the DRZ but there are better bikes for that purpose.

i feel like we are both being very subjective in this discussion. but i understand what you are saying, i really want a yz250.

Loading your bike into a truck every time you want to go anywhere isn't fun.
Being stuck without riding because the trails are flooded isn't fun.
Being stuck without riding because there's no off-roading available near you is no fun.

A dual sport allows you to have your off road riding and still allows you to have some fun when that's not possible or practical.

true probably be best if you had a dirt bike, a dual sport and a road bike lets be honest.
and yeah i had a ride on a 2014 yz250 last weekend they are fairly awesome
>Loading your bike into a truck every time you want to go anywhere isn't fun.
An excuse to own a v8 dirt bike trailer is never a bad thing.
>Being stuck without riding because the trails are flooded isn't fun.
Harden up sunshine, if it isnt up to your seat you can ride through it.
>no off-roading available near you is no fun.
No such thing where i live, there is offroad riding within 50km in every direction

but srsly, other dude was right we are being subjective.

>tfw work

Nuda

>tfw thunderstorm rain

thats because it was on craigslist lol, it belongeed to a friend of mine, he had it for sale until I bought if from him

That is a bike made to be very technical and responsive to the rider. I'd suggest the 650 instead.

how many of you guys would join the military if they had a dedicated motorcycle MOS(job)?

>new petcock
>full tank
>go for a big long ride
>on reserve by accident
>run dry

fml

Yup that sure looks like it haha. Know of any good places to ride here? I can't think of any besides the GW parkway, and I don't even have a bike anymore.

I would if it weren't for crybabies who want to be different and cry until they can wear a beard or some shit.

i would never join the military

not even for free housing, an M16, a dirt bike, some shitty pay, and free school?

>diesel KLR's

God I want one so badly

because fuck your fancy bmw we want a real adventure bike.

theres literally none that wont get you in jail, luckily I spend the school year in WV, trails a plenty. My folks also have a cabin in wv that I ride near sometimes. honestly the xt has been sitting since ive been back in the dmv area, i have a nighthawk that I ride here

who are your favorite bike people and why?

mine is black dudes because they're always enthusiastic and non-pretentious

whoever is not a faggot and wants to go riding.

/dbt/ posters

The ones that actually own and ride motorcycles.

DRZ a shit

shit bikes are best bikes

shitbikes are best bikes, but a drz is just a shit bike

you a shit

RACE ME IRL FAGGOT

close, i'm just taking a shit

sure

cool but we have to race in such way in which your bike will be in a complete disadvantage. Mainly due to the fact of you being a faggot.

I think my demands are more than reasonable.

faggot.

Nice scenic pic.
Yeah, same here, the only other innawoods ones I know are illicit as can be. School year in IL, some decent trails out there but again, no bike lel.
I also go to the water real often so beach riding would be fun.

Nighthawk 250? How're you liking that? They're somewhat affordable around here...

would you stick your dick in another dudes ass for 5 bucks?

payment is due upon insertion

>5
nah, have to be more than that

Speedway riders.

They can scrap incredibly aggressively but keep it civil and respectful, you can tell it's a motorsport held together out of genuine love and not commercial interests so there's no rampant egomania and media hooey.

It's great watching too.