/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news

Shadow of the Hist DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Anyone know if the shit from PAX gonna get streamed on Twitch?

Aldmeri Dominion.

I ran out of things that I could find in Auridon so everythings got me going to Grahtwood.

I finished killing the veiled queen and it was sending me to Grahtwood, same with the fighters guild. I couldn't find anything left to do before going there.

It's not so bad but I do feel a bit underleveled and like I can die a bit too fast if I'm not careful, which I'm not to used to having to be.

Did you do all the delves in Auridon and grab all the skyshards? Toothmaul gully as well.

>Style
Pact

>Set mix
Five Part: Armor Master
Three Part: Song of Lamae

>Helm
Trait: Infused
Enchant: Health

>Shoulders
Trait: Reinforced
Enchant: Stamina

>Chest

>Gloves

>Belt

>Legs

>Boots

>One Hand Sword
Trait: Defending
Enchant: Absorb Health

>Shield

>Greatsword
Trait: Defending
Enchant: Absorb Health

Is this a good tank set? I'm a stamina Templar. (Nord)

I don't know what delves are or how you do them, have no idea where all the skyshards are, also don't know what toothmaul gully is.

Delves are little torches on your map, they should be black if you haven't finished them. Each one has a skyshard inside, plus theres more scattered about.

Toothmaul gulley is a cave near the coast by Tanzelwil, and its a Public Dungeon, which is like a slightly more involved Delve that also gives you a special kind of new emote as a reward

So

how much spell damage does dual wielding swords add? Is it just the 3% damage bonus from the dual wield passive?

Because Nirnhoned on a staff adds 11% spell damage.

Don't forget the skill point you can get in pub dungeons.

>download over 50 gigs
>wait there's more

> Not running 5 part Tava's Favour to have warhorn up and running 24/7
At endgame it's more important to bring utility than survival as a tank.

I do have those, I stumbled in one once but had no idea what i should be doing in there so I left.

Usually you'll complete a delve by going through it and clearing the named enemy at the end before the short cut. That completes the delve in game terms.

seriously though the fuck is this shit?

Have you never played an mmo?

The years of patches aren't included in the game diwnload.

Haven't played in like 6 months. WTF do I do without playing the DLC? Got a 250 stamblade. Bored af senpai

Start a new character with a different build.

>Style
>Pact

No it's not good I'm afraid user.

PvP nigga

Don't die again dammit

Might want to add that G2A is selling Imperial Edition for $16. Legit, just grabbed it through them.

shit, I just grabbed standard for 17 yesterday.

What's the best gear for Magplar? Currently using Magnus and Torug. The survivability is nice but when I run into 2 good players I die. I don't want to die, ever. Should I switch to heavy armour? What sets? My plans for future are Reactive + Malubeth buy need to grind more Tel var stones and I'm only level 40 atm.
What should I focus on, generally? Currently trying to balance spell power and magicka regeneration.
Should I go vampire?

Please do not become a cancer build

>When you accidentally hit the "r" key and a little spider you didn't even notice was in the room becomes a frosty pile of ash from your Ice comet
I'm so sorry spiderbro

I hate it when my spell targets some little creature I couldn't even see rather than the mob I needed to hit.

It's the worst when it's in the middle of a battle and it saved the one you were targeting.

Focus on getting to cp 160

What's a good class for argonian? Nb or would templar be better?

I would say DK because tanks, but supposedly the racial passives change made them into healers, which would mean Templar.

But desu, do whatever you want.

Have sets like vicious ophidian ever changed to bind on equip?

Depends on what you're planning to do. They're great healers and tanks. Their resourcefulness trait synergy great with NB's ability to get 40 ultimate when chugging a potion.

What were lzrds previous passives?

150% swim speed and better xp gain with restoration staves.

No, I'm not kidding.

Aren't they the same now or was the healing from pots and received thrown on?

Whats the best looking vampire race in ESO?

Dunmer

Imperial

Actually, the pot bonus was in there too as well, my mistake. Still was pretty awful.

So if they were that terrible are they still that terrible or did they become better?

They're much better now, They make very good healers and tanks as said.

Used to get a bonus to getting healed, now said bonus is divided between healing and healed.

Thinking of making a Templar. No idea how to build one though, so I guess I just need recommendations for a leveling build.

I want to make him an Argonian but I feel as though I would be better off as a different race due to racial abilities. Can anyone give me some advice?

Are the previewed armour sets in character creation locked to the class they're displayed on?

Breton/High Elf have the best looking Templar/Dragon Knight armour but I'd prefer to make a Redguard for the racial passives.

Class and race. If you can find the motif books you can make a redguard wearing breton/high elf heavy/med armour traitor

The armor in the preview is in the native style of each race, but every race can learn every crafting style. You can wear whatever you like too, no restrictions on what class wears which armor type.

Alright cool, Breton's champion gear just looks so damn nice

Cat

Did I do alright?

Will I get dicked on if I try to tank with Redguard? Seems like Imperial/Nord/Orc are the primary tanking races but I saw Redguard gets a bonus for shields.

Anyone? What race should I pick if I plan on ultimately being a tank? Should I just pick a different class if I want to tank?

As someone who is creating their first character and knows basically nothing about the game, Imperial, Nord and Orc seem to be the minmax tanks with Argonian and Redguard being ok (???) tanks

I imagine Argonian would make a pretty good Templar since they get bonuses to both healing AND receiving healing.

Nord or Orc. Imperial's a decent one and Redguard's a possibility if you go stam tank cause of their sustain game. Argonian would be better for a mag tank because of self heals

>Redguard
They're good Stamina tanks and Adrenaline Rush is redic, but you shouldn't be too swayed by the first passive, experience bonuses aren't that great, you'll max everything eventually.

Dragon Knights are the best tanks

Apologies for all the questions, I'm rather new to this game.

As far as I'm aware all I need for leveling is just sword and shield + Puncturing Sweep, right? If I decide to go Nord which is appealing to me because I want to be a hulking brute of JUSTICE am I going to be making a mistake or should I just pick a different class like suggested?

I'm also extremely indecisive about this kind of thing and I don't want to regret anything later

thought 'bonuses to shields' would be more than just faster exp for it but whatever gril is too cute for me to bench now

One more noob here. Is magsorc good for UNLIMITED POWAH and dps?

Surprisingly lightning seems to favor stamina compared to summoning and dm but overall yes, you can go unlimited power. Dps is where they shine since templar's can best them in heal

Depends on if you wanna minmax or not, or how much minmaxing you want to do.

I mean, I want to be good, but I know I won't invest the time to be the absolute very best. All I really want to know for now is a templar leveling build as well as what race to play. I don't have access to Imperial, either.

there a lighting out the hands ultimate heavy attack but it shit, so people use the light attack one instead which shoots lighting orbs.

Is playing a tank feasible with Australian ping or should i stick to Magic/Bows?

>make imperial alt, total qt, forget to choose a voice and he's stuck with dogshit
>delete, remake. Face isn't quite right.
>repeat
>use last delete, get everything perfect
>forgot to choose alliance/got stuck in wrong one

Perhaps tomorrow

Templar leveling is like this;
>Try to gain levels in all three class trees via slotting one ability from each for passives
>decide whether you want solely magic or solely stamina by lvl 20
>mess around with weapons so you can find a 2nd one to use by the time you hit fifteen
>try and wear one piece of each armor type so it's out of the way and you can make use of the undaunted passive if you get that far
>start researching traits as soon as you can for your preferred armor type and weapons
>deconstruct armor that you don't need/can't be put to research

I'm sure I'm missing some but there's a rough idea.

Thank you.
All I need to do now is figure out what race to play as. Any suggestions?

Should I just bite the bullet and buy the imperial?

Nord's are a safe option because they don't have passives that influence stamina or magicka. Just health though their last one kind of makes them the best tank by negating 6% of all damage, I think. Argonian would be good if you go magic templar. Orc and Redguard for stamina templar.

Oh forgot something, you can pretty much get away with just throwing most of your points into your preferred resource(mag/stam).

Which of the two (magicka/stamina) is better for the tank role? Again, apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm new to this game and I'm still figuring out how it works.

What class is best suited to using a great sword? Or does it matter much?

Stamina Templar isn't in a great place (and may never be), and Imperial is pretty much a stamina race.

Do whatever you want.

They're both good. Going by what said magic would probably be the better of the two.
Honestly they're both fine, it depends more on how you tank and your class trees than the resource.

DK? Probably.

Yea. But stamina sorcs do more damage than magicka atm, and you're more like Raiden from MGS than the emperor from SW.

> Zenimax will never finish jewellerycrafting or spellcrafting

>Zenimax will never add any new active
>They'll never add third morphs to any skills

>When you get a conversation option to kill a bitch that actually deserves it
So rewarding

You can do anything with Aussie ping

how exactly do you tank?

So far out of the three DK paths and the 6 weapon paths, only 1h+shield has a taunt related ability and it's single target.

There's a ranged taunt in the undaunted skills. But it's also single-target. There are no AoE taunts. Which means you gonna have to actually do work as a tank.

at least you have a roof over your head, little frog. don't be sad.

this plays and feels a lot better than i was memed into thinking it would around it's release, although i assume it's been polished up a lot.

Around what level will I encounter content that might actually threaten me?

at whichever point you decide to go to Cyrodiil

I understand that Craglorn is supposed to be a group zone. But obviously, it's super easy to solo as far as enemy difficulty goes. Right now I've completed a few delves and quests, but on one of those quests there was this bullshit, clearly intended for a group of at least 2. I managed to do it solo as well, though it took a bit longer than I'd like.

But that made me wonder if there are quests in Craglorn that can't be solo'd and definitely need at least 1 other player? Because if so, I'm not going to even bother. Impossible to find anyone who wants to run quests there.

Pretty sure there are quests that require two or more people to stand on pressure plates or something like that

Yes, lots of them. It's a proper nightmare.

NPCs that won't even appear without two players grouped with you, etc.

fuck, well I guess I'll just do the delves then

>Want to tank
>Can't get my resistances up
>Only around 24K Physical resistance, barely 20K Spell resistance.

Fuck it. What gear sets are best for tanking? Should I just bite the bullet and start the research for all my Nirnhoned stuff in order to craft armor master?

Is there anything in particular that is a "must buy" with your starting 500 crowns or is it best to just never spend them?

there's nothing that you can buy with 500 that would be worth it. if you know you will never, ever buy crowns or subscribe, then you may as well spend them on whatever you want. otherwise, save them.

Did you not get the Crown Edition of the game? gives you 1250 to start with if you enter your code, then you can get the starter pack with mount etc.

With just 500 however, as this user said

No I just got the basic standard edition of the game.

I do plan on upgrading to gold though when that's possible.

>be a DK, use volatile armor
>get 5pc Tava + 2pc Bloodspawn
>5pc of what ever you want
Ebon alright but I think most high end tank will be moving onto "of the dragon" pieces now. You job as a tank isn't just staying alive in this game, you expected to also buff the entire group with warhorns every other minute, some shielding, maybe a self heal and unless your doing some brute damage trial boss, you're expect to pull some dps while you're at it.

Because bloodspawn give you 5k when it procs and volatie armour gives you 5k when it up, you have maxed out both your resistance with buffs. I know bloodspawn say it got 6% chance but really it feels like it up like 75% of the time.

Best builds for an Imp? I want to play mage, just got the game.

What are some things you wish you knew when you were new to the game that you know now.

That isn't covered in the OP.

Everyone will say start researching asap, start training your horse for speed asap.

has anyone successfully remade a real face in skyrim?

I've been training mine for more pocket space

I wish I'd know that there is zero difference between the 10k and 42k horses

If I'm to role a DPS Templar should I invest everything into mana?

>dps
>magicka

kek

Everywhere I read says that DPS Templar should do full magika or stam. Are you trying to troll him?