So, what went right? what are the positives of the infamous pontiac aztec?

so, what went right? what are the positives of the infamous pontiac aztec?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IByCyXWT5YA
youtube.com/watch?v=K3czTXrT118
caranddriver.com/reviews/pontiac-aztek-gt-road-test-cant-get-over-the-looks-page-2
atcm.co/S2PVDP/192b98d8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They were built really well and they'll last damn near forever.

They're pretty practical, they were pretty much the first CUV too.

Aztek will always hold a special place in my heart even if it practically started the unholy trend of "modern car design" and cuckovers.

Thank you Walter White and Breaking Bad for giving this car much deserved fame. if not it probably wouldn't have (as far as i know) officially been in a Video Game for the first time.

Those super skinny spokes trigger me for some reason.

honestly

i like them

i like how they look.

I would unironically daily the fuck out of one and use it as a roadtrip car, it's even got a fucking cooler and air pump in the back.

I can hear the prices inflating already.

Honestly they should have been 4wd, had a few inches more ground clearence then they would have been great for going camping in.

>cooler in the back
>cooler is very clearly in the front

yeah, messed that up

air pump is in the rear

The designer went on to design the new Corvette

They're pretty much the GOAT roadtrip vehicle.

fucking seriousLY?

yep, it's the same designer, and to be honest the aztek concept looked pretty good, but when it got to development gm fucked up

>aztek concept

I was at the Chicago auto show that year. It was so cool. Why, GM? It wasn't threatening the Corvette, was it?

>built-in cooler

that's actually kind of awesome

The only thing "wrong" with the Aztek was the styling and even that's debatable.
>They had a bespoke AWD system
>bulletproof 3400 V6
>IRS with AWD
>came with a fucking tent
>air mattress
>backpack
>redundant stereo controls in the cargo area for tailgating
>split folding tailgate with seat indents and cupholders

They thought of everything. And the Aztek was a huge success. How? Well, without looking it up, what was the direct sister car?
The Buick Rendezvous. The CUV no one remembers.

i don't know what it is, but somehow the style of the aztek has grown on me in recent years. maybe it just looks more appropriate compared to the stylings of cars today than it did in the early 2000s?

>maybe it just looks more appropriate compared to the stylings of cars today than it did in the early 2000s?
The styling was definitely ahead of its time.

Videos because yes.

The concept: youtube.com/watch?v=IByCyXWT5YA

Motorweek: youtube.com/watch?v=K3czTXrT118

>Bulletproof 3.4
Only because it's a possibility pushrod engine, the fucking thing weighed 2 tons and took a cunt hair shy of 11 seconds to get to 60

It was under 2 tons and the FWD models did 0-60 in 9.4 seconds.

Don't exaggerate.

caranddriver.com/reviews/pontiac-aztek-gt-road-test-cant-get-over-the-looks-page-2

Maybe the FWD took under ten seconds, but not he Versatrak model

A friend of mine has driven one of these for the past 7 or so years, and it's been really reliable. She doesn't take good care of it(only does maintenance when she and her dad are on speaking terms, so he can do it), but it keeps running without a complaint. We'v fit couches in the back of it, and it's been comfy on roadtrips. Also dat cooler. If I ever felt like I needed the space, I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

No one ever said it was quick. Acceleration is typically average for an economy car of the time, but infinitely more practical.

>it has a tent / camping package
certified comfy

The aztek is top 10 comfiest non-luxury cars out there

If not for the ugly-ass front end it'd be a 10/10 vehicle

It's /comfy/

/thread

I actually like the look of them
If i needed an SUV i'd pick an aztek

Iirc it was supposed to be based on a truck chassis, but the accountants at GM opted to use a car chassis instead.

Part of the reason it was such a cluster fuck

Well, the seats are pretty comfy, it feels like you are sitting on a living room recliner. And it also comes equipped with a tent. Other than that, there is really nothing else appealing about the Aztek.

>8 Azteks near me
>most expensive is $2,900

Golden era of Azteks.

They make decent looking bodykits for them

Without dem rimz and retarded sideskirts this wouldn't look bad either

I don't like it only because of the stupid meme show. I'd probably get a lot of association if I had one.
>hey dude with the car from the breaking bad!
Stupid show only makes it more expensive, kind of the same fate AE86 suffers, otherwise it would've been a nice little secret gem.

Worlds cleanest AWD '04 with 60,000 miles for sale in Texas

atcm.co/S2PVDP/192b98d8

>$10,000 at a stealership

>yfw you find out that's not a body kit.
No one makes body kits for the Aztek

was all custom made for a one off showcar. It also had a RWD LS V8 under the hood. pic related