What was car culture like before the Internet happened?

What was car culture like before the Internet happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e3LxQJ6xvyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I had to think back a little bit...but I think I remember it involved cars...

Were people nicer? was there less arguing? less fanboyism? did more people go to meets? how did people find out about meets?

Pretty much like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=e3LxQJ6xvyA

Must of been nice discussing a cars performance without an autistic video game or lap time reference. The frequent street races were nice too.

muscle fags vs. eurofag sports cars vs. wierd weebs in datsuns vs. gasser hipsters

it was probably even worse back then but at least even the most retarded person with a shit job can afford a decent car.

The internet came out in the 1970s?

I work with an older guy close to retiring age, and he was telling me about this town back when he was a kid.
He had a plymouth fury with a 4 speed, his brother had an old hopped up 32 ford that he bought for literally no money.
Every Friday night they would go to this diner, which is a paint store now, and it would just be alive with activity.
There would be people sitting on hoods, music playing, waitress would bring food out of the diner to your car like sonic, people walking around looking at each others cars.
Then they would all ride out at this one intersection and stoplight race, and when they got too rowdy the police would just break it up and tell them to go home.
There were two drive in theaters, one is a baseball field now, the other one has some ghetto apartment complex on it. They would pay some insane low price to see three movies, and they always parked in the back by the trees because more than likely they were banging whoever was with them.
There was one guy that had a farm, and he would have these amateur dirt backroad races, but then he lost the farm after getting arrested.

Couldn't bring half this shit back without someone shutting you down.

>you can go to a car show
>you can go to one in front of a burger joint, and get the people to bring it out to you
>you can't stoplight race, but really that's a good thing.
>drive ins still exist, and I fucked in one two years ago
>private property is private and no one can fuck with your chi when you live in the country
You literally can bring all but one of these things back, and not get shut down.
And if you want to drag race or stoplight race, contact local airports and tracks. If you get a big enough group and throw money at them, they'll let you do the thing.

less interconnected
now the arrogance is global and fed ever more

literally American graffiti

pic obviously unrelated

Driving around slowly in your stancemobile and stopping at fast food parking lots to take instagrams is not even remotely close to the car scene "back then"

It's not even close to the feels of a bench seat, no seat belt and a open beer in the cupholder.

The only way your going to get close to that much freedom is way out in rural country.

how is this any different than the behavior you often see among the black car communities in "the hood"?

To be quite fair, drinking and driving is a bad idea.

And "driving slowly in a stancemobile, stopping at fast food parking lots to take instagrams of your car" is exactly what our grandfathers would have done if they had the tech. Cameras were too expensive, bulky, and inconvenient to use frivolously. Right up until the Polaroid came around, that is. When that and disposable cameras hit the market, we got a flood of people taking pics of their cars at meetings. And sharing them with their friends.

And back in the day, some custom car types were every bit as impractical as stancemobiles. Gassers are actually an example of that. Outside of drag racing, they don't really do much. Lowriders also started in the '50s with Mexicans cutting springs and putting sandbags in their cars to lower them.

People have always shared their cars with other people, and have always reduced the function of the vehicle for form. Or to do a certain function really well.

As for bench seats, no seat belts, buy a classic.

>niggers are the new boomers

All that literally still exists in REAL(the South) America.

>Were people nicer?
No there were less safe spaces because before internet jewish propaganda had not yet reached peak levels of effectiveness. I mean oy vey goy of course they were nicer the past was great!

right because that's the problem and not overprotective parenting

There was no culture before the internet. The world hadn't evolved that far.

Overprotective parenting was caused by jewish manipulation of the economy and the media.

Wake the fuck up goy.

I'm from /pol/ and I still think you need to shut up

When I was younger I raced karts with the son of this old racer. He was always full of stories.

Many like yours, about the town being a smaller more social place, cops just telling people to go home, racing at the edge of town.

He said he even got a wild hair up his ass a couple times and street raced his Formula 5000 car.

Back in the day:
>Cars were judged as poor if they failed due to neglect/abuse
>People would spread misinformation and rumors with no knowledge
>Brand loyalty would lead to arguments and fights
>Enthusiasts would gather and share stories and experiences
>You could get parts to rebuild components (like $2 brushes for your alternator)

Nothing has changed... except you can't find parts to service any of your cars subsystems.

Fuck off back to your containment board /pol/kikes.

/pol/ trash is cancerous, I'm just educating on the wiles of the jew, the jew which you both work for.

/pol/ is a tool of the jew.

Damn that's hot

Magazines
There were magazines and you had to wait a month to see your question or opinion.
A lot of brand loyalty.
Brand being Chevy, Ford, Jeep or foreign crap.
Bumpers were metal.
Hot hatch backs were completely new and less common than someone you knew owning an International.
Mechanics were mechanics and not streamlined money milking chain businesses.
You'd go to the junkyard for parts, pull them yourself and have no idea what was there until you showed up.
Alternately there was mail order from magazines for new parts.
My Comet GT had points and I could still get rock solid hard ons.