/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10972574
pastebin.com/5gwQYWfC
3ds.titlekeys.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you pirate 3DS games on your CFW/A9LH, /hbg/?

strawpoll.me/10972574

Is the Wii U worth it right now?

Still like to buy most titles I care about, like Monster Hunter.

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

If you pirate a game once, you still pirated it, even if you buy the game later.

been doing that for a week now. barely got any sleep since the first announcement.

all I did was give out tech support. what am I doing with my life?

Piracy is currently still shit and the latest FW is hackable. There's like 5 singleplayer games worth playing and the rest are all online multiplayer. You'll have no issues buying one if an IOSU exploit comes out.

Thanks to the user who suggested blackcats but that ain't happening. Does anybody know a torrent site I can find old games in? Pretty much games old and obscure enough not to warrant a torrent on tpb/rarbg

Stage Four of the reverse engineering has begun, user

Surely Kernel access and piracy will not be far behind

anyone who says no is a liar and should be hanged.

>tfw how fast retroarch is progressing
>tfw thinking about a psp kernelmode exploit

Fuck, talking about ps3 games here

Really not how it works, or important to distinguish for any reason I can think of. Also doesn't apply to me since I bought first, but again, so what?

I think you asked about PS3, right? if not, just download full sets and have picking something at random.

source?

What exactly happened here

something happened to remove doo's speed cap, probably.

Source?

guys how do i hack my gameboy

You still pirated it even if you bought it first.

Made a backup from my cart just for fun. Is this supposed to have some kinda GBAtemp moralfag implications to fret over?

And?

he's fishing

H's pastebin, senpaitachi. The bottom.

With one of these

pastebin.com/5gwQYWfC

Here's a link that I forgot to include in the original post

I like taking money off developerĀ“s hands and make their lives, if anything, just a bit more harsh. So yes.

>To be continued...
>~ H.

stop the presses, piracy is saved.

really though, the ellipsis means absolutely nothing.

PS3ISO or some shitty sites with DDL.

wut

I was referring to

>- Stage 4 (kernel ROP):
>The second ROP payload prepares the stage for a kernel attack.
After it's done, another ROP chain should be starting on the kernel side.
This chain relies on kernel pointers that were leaked during the second payload's execution and is built beforehand.
The data portion of the chain is additionally obfuscated/encrypted with kernel-only functions.
>To further reverse the exploit, one must dump the target kernel modules, rebuild the kernel ROP and deobfuscate/decrypt the data region.

>pastebin.com/5gwQYWfC

Oh okay. Never saw that part of the pastebin. Has it been made clear how many stages there are in the entire process?

I don't think so. But seeing as Stage 4 is a kernel attack there can't be much left, right?

yes, he's pointing out what one must do to further reverse the exploit.

doesn't mean it's being worked on.

Pls help homebrew general. I just want to play mhgen.

>stage four has begun
>has begun
>begun

Nigga I think you're at fault here for getting your hopes up. Understanding what must happen next is obviously important. Also, "to be continued" definitely implies it's still being worked on. Why would someone drop RE'ing HENkaku this far into it?

holy shit what ancient version of fbi is this
update for the love of god you juicy idiot

of course it is, but it's still unconfirmed whether it's being worked on at this point.

your post led me to believe that some new piece of information had surfaced confirming that, which isn't true.

Doubt this is the problem but How much room is left on your card?
Also, update your FBI senpai, shit is ancient

>stating a fact is fishing
/hbg/ everyone.

forgot that old shit looked like that

>it's still unconfirmed it's being worked on

I think it's safe to assume.

>your post led me to believe that some new piece of information had surfaced confirming that, which isn't true.

Let me just copy paste the post you replied to

>stage four has begun
>has begun
>begun

Nigga I think you're at fault here for getting your hopes up.

by th elooks of it invalid signature means hes on so old a firmware that mhgen wont even run on it
doubtless this person does not have a9lh, and is a fool for not updating by this point

Making a backup isn't pirating.

>run plaisysupdater, it does fine
>start watching it downgrade, all the files have "GOOD" so far
>leave for two minutes to take a piss
>come back and the n3ds has the basic white-on-black "an error has occured" message
>reboot and it's fine, says 9.2.0
Is this a partial downgrade or did it just fuck up on the initial reboot? I want to know if I have to run plaisysupdater again

Ill try that now and post back
I have a 32gb card with 12gb of space left

on part 4 of the guide.
section 5, number 10.
I go to downgrade, and get a "FAIL" on a line starting with MD5 ver 08203, and says "press A to exit."
I've done everything perfect with the guide. what should I do.

rerun it

run plaisysupdater again(from menuhax, not browserhax)

Either way, I wind up with a cia file. The distinction is non-existint, so I'll argue that it would not matter a damn whether freeShop was used and if it was before or after, as long as you end up buying the game. Piracy ceases to have any implications once that's done.

>friend still has a 3DS with menuhax and a fucking Gateway in 2016
>asks me to put the translated Taiko no Tatsujin CIA on his 3DS
>it fails every single time at 99%
>put Luma on his 3DS
>installs fine with the exact same Emunand
>somehow doesn't appear when you boot into Gateway mode

I don't have a Gateway, so I have no idea what the fuck is going on here. How do I fix this, and why was Gateway mode refusing to install it?

>gateway
memery aside, its because gateway is obsolete garbage, regardless of the actual reason its not working. get him away from that shit user, friends dont let friends use shit cfw

Gateway doesn't support .cia files where the manual or download play container were touched in any way (including decrypting/cryptofixing it). You fix it by not using Gateway or by rebuilding the .cia without the manual/download play support (which is really too much work to explain).

Implications isn't the issue, it's what you have done. Taking a sledge hammer and breaking down someone's wall but paying for it to be repaired afterwards didn't change the fact you still broke that guy's wall.

Cant i just upgrade the cfw then?

But that's a deeply flawed analogy, and you cannot come up with a good one because it's not even possible.

I've tried, but he complains that he'll lose all his save data if he transfers to Luma. From what I can tell, Gateway stores its saves in some weird .sav format, and I have absolutely no idea how to convert them to being readable from a CIA.

Sounds like too much work to deal with. Any reason why it acts like that, yet other CFW's don't?

assuming isn't the same as confirming. you're assuming things while that post clearly implied that it was confirmed.

>tfw I was almost tempted to buying a Gateway at one point but never did
Dodged a bullet there.

you can convert the saves one at a time with jksm by mounting the .3ds file and extracting the save from the cart. the only reason it acts that way is because the gateway devs don't give a shit about anything.

guys please halp
I'm getting spooked here

Pastebin, check the gif on how to switch to Luma, then update the emunand on system settings to 11.0.

Then update your fucking FBI.

yes! and you should
get that a9lh and join us in the present day

The reason it acts like can only be explained through >Gateway. They seemingly patched the sigcheck on games instead of outright patching every sigcheck in the system. People have been yelling at them to fix it for over a year, they've done nothing to fix it.

My post implied nothing but that the work on Stage Four had begun, which is true because we have a plan on how to reverse engineer it. The post did not in any way imply that the work was done or it would have said

>Stage Four has been completed

Gonna copy paste again

Nigga I think you're at fault here for getting your hopes up.

>you can convert the saves one at a time with jksm by mounting the .3ds file and extracting the save from the cart

Well fuck, he has around 80 or so games. That would take goddamn ages.

To be fair, Gateway was fantastic back in the 4.5 days where your only option was either it or some janky CFW that could play maybe 5 games. It's completely obsolete and outdated now though.

>tfw I'm about to get a 2DS this weekend
>tfw homebrew seems more and more tempting
Should I do it if it's 10.7 hbg/?

How about this analogy: let's say there's a prize of a bazillion dollars for the first person to beat a certain game after release date. No one knows anything about this game, so there are no time to prepare for any puzzles and challenges you have to tackle.

If you managed to pirate it before its release, you managed to get an advantage over people that didn't. You pirate it, learn how to beat the game, and do it in record speed, winning the prize money and buying the game officially with that prize money. See what I mean now?

The difference is that this one actually has serious implications.

Abso-fucking-lutely. It's not even just homebrew. Every 3DS game ever for free, user. It's only 5 hours of your time and can save you hundreds of vidya bux.

Is there a reason to update the "decTitleKeys.bin" for CIAngle?

>free games and great emulation
Do it, user.

>10.7

Fucking do it ASAP, 10.7 doesn't have the browser check bypass trick so as soon as they release 11.1 which will likely have a newer browser, it'll be blocked remotely and you'll be locked out of free options. And that could be any Monday now.

>you managed to get an advantage over people that didn't

This seems even more flawed, since I didn't get any advantages of any kind.

WAITFAGS ABOUT TO BE

B T F O
T
F
O

With an axe.

I've read through the guide to see how the process is, and in the end I just have one question. Do I absolutely need to keep a backup of every file for eternity once I finish doing the whole a9lh thing?

>H's
I am fully convinced at this point this "H" fella HAS to be Hermes.

The best Yuru Yuri has spoken!

>5 hours
i'm going on 7 hours because i've had every error possible

does anyone at all have a link for SMT IV .cia plus update, but the EUR version?

Nope, just the final A9LH nand backup and the original sysnand backup if you ever (for some reason) wanted to uninstall A9LH.

If you're coming here to ask, your mind is already made up.

not everything is necessary but its good to have backups of your original sysnand, a9lh sysnand, emunand, a9lh emunand, all in different firmwares, and of course your OTP
but thats just me being overcautious, the only thing you really need is your first backup and your otp

How many of those saves does he actually use, will use again, or care about at all? Tell him to be realistic about it. Aside from shit like MonHun, Animal Crossing, and a handful of JRPGs then you have no reason to hoard saves

Underground Gamer.

Not sure if this is the place to ask but does the R4 card to play DS games for 3DS use roms?

and I don't think English is your first language. or maybe you just suck at logic.

the phrase 'stage four has begun' implies that the kernel portion of the exploit is being reversed engineered as we speak, which isn't true.

'having a plan on how to do it' doesn't make it true. with that bit of information we can only assume it's true, not confirm it.

and no one mentioned stage four being completed, you pulled that outta your ass.

>go to 3ds.titlekeys.com/
>in top-right searchbar, enter "Shin"
>scroll through listings for SMT IV, locate one with EUR as the region
>make sure it's "Eshop/Application"
>scroll through listings for SMT IV, locate one with EUR as the region
>make sure it's "Update"

To download click the blue QR button, scan with FBI.

You get spoonfed because SMT IV is awesome

I'll go for it then. Hopefully I can go get the console this weekend, or next weekend at most so I don't get fucked like pointed out.

I'll probably just leave Luma on his 3DS and tell him to boot into that to play "problem" games like Taiko. That way he can keep his silly Gateway and still play it via Luma.

>error downgrading on part 4
>have to restore emuNand
>takes like 8 years
>might still get an error and have to wait again
FUCK ME

>quibbling over the definition of "begun" because you refuse to lose an internet argument
>planning something isn't the first step in "beginning" it

Fuck right off.

RIP in pieces. The replacement site never really took off either, it has fuck all content.

>CIAngle

You did good user

i was really tempted to throw a banepost image together with some geometry or some shit i dont know

>tfw still using AuReiNand+a9lh on o3DS
Give me one good reason why I should update.

Not just that, but 11.1 will also fuck up rxTools (about fucking time) and all the workarounds that makes downgrading 11.0 possible, just because of a version check. It'll the final lockdown for latefags.

OKAY i'm really getting fucking nervous here guys.
I did a emuNand restore and still got the same error.
I'M dyING

That's a big ray.

Luma is literally made by the same person who made AuReiNand and it's just an updated version of it with better features?