/scg/, /edg/: Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, General

Thread #7: We will bang now edition

>What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/UNEJYGHp
>2.5 is PTU now btw
-----------------------------------------------------------

>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.
Last thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JXapNU5zmhE
youtube.com/watch?v=bO5S6LiVS5k
youtube.com/watch?v=nvule1cD_zk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Vision and Dreams.

First for fidelity

2nd for group posting

I should have specified, I meant a real person from the community, rather than a character.

Star citizen would have been a complete game and a huge commercial success, today, right this second, if it had the same level of fidelity as Unturned

I like space games but I don't wanna spend like $150 on E:D DLC or $10,000 on Star Shitizen ships I'll never get to actually enjoy

What do

SC: buy basic ship -> steal better ship from whale when implemented

I'm guessing you use the FPS component to board and take control of ships? That'll be really cool if so.

Well, the thing is, no person or personality, whether player or deveoper, has made any sort if meaningful impact on ED since it's initial launch, such is the purposeful staleness of the game.

I guess you can look through those cringy DeviantArt fedora portraits someone made of players with their ships and see if anything takes your fancy.

don't fall for the bullshit and just get a starter ship package for 45 to 60 dollars. Anything beyond that is to further support development, which isn't required to play the current alpha for finished game a few years from now.

yep you can do it now. it will be significantly more difficult when there's actually door controls; currently you can walk right in the back of someone's ship and shoot them right out of the pilot's seat, and all they can do is try to get off the pad before somebody sneaks in.

Play other space games you nignog. Starsector is good, so is House of the Dying Sun.

I've been playing a good amount of Starsector, it's pretty rad.

pick up star citizen on a sale when it's finally live
kill faggots who spent $10000 in your starter ship with friends in starter ships

that is most unfortunate. I was hoping for someone worthy of standing beside our own Dan THE MAN Gheesling.

ain't that the Christian Jesus boy?

>Not using the turret entry exploit to sneak into the ship before they even unlock the door.

>Dan THE MAN Gheesling
I watch his videos because I like watching people who have less skill than myself.

I also find is excited voice extremely grating.

Dan really isn't very good at games, but I appreciate that he seems to honestly like SC, tries out things, and isn't a carebear.

His mannerisms are really annoying, though.

>but I appreciate that he seems to honestly like SC
Yeah, that is the main reason I watch it, he really gets into what he is doing and is very animated. I may find his mannerism peevish like yourself, but I do agree with you about how he gets into it.

he was a b-list celebrity CIG hired to be community manager for all of five minutes.

>need to get obese heavy breathing man off the camera
>hire daytime TV star
>he claims to be a big fan of wing commander games from way back
>says he pledged a lot and loves all CR's old games
>he's clean and attractive and well spoken
>community hates him
>calls him a lying shill and chases him away immediately
>CIG let him go quietly like two weeks later
>bring back the fat guy that breathes into the mic every episode
>Dan still plays and streams the game to this very day because it was all true

anyway here's the abortive OP I was making

Anybody else in the 2.5 PTU?

I'm downloading it now.

So now that the kong shitpost squad is back in full force, how do we deal with them once and for all?

Wait, Dan worked at CIG? When was that?

they hired him to be the community liaison or something during TNGS. the backlash was immediate because he seemed like an 'outsider' not being a filthy neckbeard

Jesus, I had no idea. Man, I may find his mannerisms annoying but at least he cares about the game. What a horrible community.

I remember seeing Dan The Man appear on TNGS for the first time. Didn't like him, but he was bearable. I feel bad for him now, seeing how much he legitimately likes the game.

Even /scg/ is guilty of shitting on him. There were a lot of people who thought he was a "poser".

Personally I didn't have a problem with him as a person. They just happened to bring him on at a time when CIG was apparently haphazardly spending money on top of having shill sale after shill sale when I felt they should have been more conservative. It felt more like he was a victim of bad timing than anything.

what happened to these two fair-haired lads?

went off and made their own shitty game

While trying to use SC as a talking point about the merits of their game.

Left either got fired or left because he didn't want to relocate, right followed him and they made their own shitty game. They even kept the same video format.
youtube.com/watch?v=JXapNU5zmhE

He also got banned from RSI for shilling his game too much.

yeah and their game looks not bad

You might say it looks Decent

>august 5, 2016
that's just fuckin weird, these two are part of a bygone age to me. this is like a time capsule

Is the Avenger still obnoxiously strong by comparison to it's price tag still?

>221 views
Jesus, its like time stopped for those two.

it doesn't BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT so it sucks still

To think we shunned Dan to retain this gravity well.

It honestly baffles me that they kept the exact same format. Title, intro, editing, categories and everything.

holy shit they've got Micheal Morlan! I liked that guy

heart disease will get 'em before it's too late

tfw his sepsis didn't kill him a few weeks ago

Ben is on the edge of crippling obesity. Any fatter and he'd be too fat to get out of bed.

youtube.com/watch?v=bO5S6LiVS5k

Now with high fidelity elevator waiting times.

I didn't know this was Mass Effect online.

It gives depth to the game DESU

tfw post in old thread

had 52 fps for a time, fun times in and around grim hex

Anyone know were i can read this PCGames article/Magazine that leddit is talking about?

It bought the article. I can translate the most important bits if you want.

Part of it is this interview:
youtube.com/watch?v=nvule1cD_zk

>it
It's retarded. I bought the article. Or rather the magazine.

No need to translate, just post the main points that aren't in the interview(i already watch it yesterday).

>all this new info
>the new ATV/RTV format
>2.5 released
>tfw on the right side of history
>tfw Roberts is our savior

i'll suck he dick if they actually manage to get stable framerates in multiplayer
inb4 2.7

Derek Shart on suicide watch!

fuck

What ship is that?

They did a tour of F42 Frankfurt with Brian Chambers and Chris+Erin. Got to see Star Marine and procedural planets, could play the build. Landing on Nyx, the planet looks significantly better than 2015. Terrain looks great and even the curvature of the horizon is correctly simulated. They can simulate orbital motion of planets, day/night cycles. Seamless space/ground transition kept in mind for missions, will profit S42 as well. They have a powerful editor for topography and biomes, which get automatically blended. Objects like hidden ruins/wrecks/stations etc. can be included for exploration.
Star Marine in 26 outside of the PU on its own new maps. "They put a lot of effort into reworking fps mechanics, which is noticable compared to the rudimentary system in 2.4" -Roberts. The gameplay they showed looked excellent. Animations, controls and gunplay feel smooth and it's a good gameplay experience for fps fans.
Procedural planets in 2.7 with Hurston and Microtech coming in following patches. Full Stanton system with all landing zones and stations (40 locations) before the end of 2016, including more missions and the ability to buy/sell stuff. New netcode that allows more players in the same instance. Less instancing is the goal.

CIG nerfed it pretty bad a while back, when they realized that there was still a viable multi-purpose sub 100 dollar ship available. They made the main gun overheat super fast and knocked the combat speed down to 210m/s (also might have made it a bit more fragile, hard to say)

The new 2.5 patch. buffs the speed back up to 240m/s. Gatling gun still overheats quickly though. But yes, it's still the best ship you can get for under 70 dollars, since the Reliant has turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Thanks my man!

the reliant was always going to be pirate bait and an NPC loot pinata. Don't know why anyone thought otherwise

Python.

I feel like they're actually properly starting on the game at full steam now, and all the stuff in the past was preparatory shit.

Are you the same guy that keeps taking missions like this? You know you can check the system map before you accept the mission, right? It tells you how far from jump in it is.

>cant even recognize the ship that i currently fly
i am retarded

Oh, also they said planetary landing has "a better technical execution that Elite". Planets apparently also benefit greatly from the new lighting system. They say it's impressive how you transition from space to ground and all the details appear. Also the volumetric clouds look good with summits peeking through them and everything. There's no view range limit, so valleys and mountains in the distance slowly disappear in the fog. Somthing about parralax occlusion mapping. Also AI activity/update-/tick rate scales based on how many players are around.
Also something about PBR and how the handheld railgun has 60k polys.

No. I always check. This was a mission to get engineer access though, so no way I wasn't taking it.

Ah, my bad then.

Lighting without (left) and with (right) parallax occlusion maps.

>better technical execution than E:D

Least surprising thing in there.

I hope they will show it on Gamescom.

>super fast

you can do pretty lengthy bursts with it from my time playing with it

it's not the heat buildup that's the issue, it's that it doesn't cooldown very quickly

so it's just a lighting trick?

I'd be surprised if they didn't, really.

tfw visiting F42 Frankfurt as well in 2 weeks (tm). I'm legitimately hyped.

>right side of history

Stop shitposting and get back to running the country, Obama.

>he spent money on the alphabet pack

Why.

Oh, I hope they put the F7A bodykit mod for the F7C back up for sale when the F7A is done. Half because I want one, and half because I want to see the fuckers who bought them for stupid amounts of money off reddit/ebay get salty about it not being rare anymore.

Not him, haven't bought any interior stuff, but if you're going to waste as much time as you likely do, why not buy the extra frills you want?

lol, keep on culting

I really hope that they make it so it's a bodykit for the Mk 2 version. They could just troll everyone by having it upgrade to the Mk 1.

I live in Houston. What do they do if you visit their studio?

Did you get bored of Line of Defense again?

parallax is magical user--surfaces that are flat appear to be 3-dimensional with the proper textures

Suck your dick.

You know what, I'm gonna bug concierge about this.

Because FD doesnt deserve extra money for cosmetic shit.
Especially when they're going to charge you another $60 next year when they release another season with no fucking content.

BUT SPACE LEGS

should I be playing on the PTU?

i've been using the regular client because my internet is literally africa-tier and I try to minimize updates, but maybe it would be worth it to try out the newest build

And we're all going to fucking pay for it anyways because it's the closest thing we've got to the promises of Star Citizen until they get their full solar system going, so you might as well buy the dumb bobbles and skins that you want.

Why is this such a common occurrence?

ptu testers get to try the reliant, and agro. some cool shit in there like grimhex but i have a feeling it'll be released to live next week or something

>it's literally exactly the same

Has the updater been fixed so you don't redownload the entire game every update yet?

>tfw can never bring myself to melt it for something else

i dunno why but this big dumb ship has really grown on me

Watching this fucked me up. It's insane how far Star Citizen has progressed in terms of quality versus this. Really puts things into perspective.