/rwg/ RimWorld General

Manhunter pack edition.

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed) (embed)

Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

I can't stop imagining an old greek sculptor thinking that is something really worth making a sculpture about.

Do I need to light bedrooms? They spend most of their time in bedrooms asleep, but the developer mentioned something about each colonist having opinions about their bedroom despite not being inside them.

Impressiveness from bedroom can give permanent mood boost but it has nothing to do with lighting (Unless you are using Hospitality Mod, its a bug that hasn't been fixed)

let's say a colonist spends 8 hours in his bedroom. when he is in there he gets -3 mood debuff. as soon has he exits it it gets removed.

as long has he is in his bedroom he is more likely to go mental.
i even go so far and say that i see most of my mental berserks starting in the bedroom.

it can be a good idea to do if your general mood is low. but it wouldn't matter if is mood is already good enough

How do i measure temperature of a square?

The facial stuff mod is pretty retarded in how it takes some traits into consideration when creating pawns.

You should try breeding alpacas. Their wool is worth a ton and is amazing for clothing

>tfw going to lose because an alphabeaver swarm went manhunter and managed to break through all of my defences

It's just retarded in general and makes all your pawns look fucking ugly as sin, gimme same, unfeeling eyes every day

atleast dan throws an end of the world party!

i've lost to early shitty manhunters, too

canada's a tough place yo

Aaaaand everyone died from infection, I'm going keep playing to see who stumbles across this ruin

>spend 2 hours rolling the perfect seed
send help

What skill is needed to smooth floors? I have two nincompoops standing around doing nothing with lots of floors to smooth.

No gorillas in game?

Mouse over it

not anymore

>not modding certain factors of the worldgen to get the things you want

i want a nice valley, with 3+ geothermals and rich soil, but has to not be on a temperate biome otherwise my screenshots look babby tier

if i mod for it i feel like cheating but if i get it thru rng it feels legit

don't judge

construction

I started with 4 alpacas but they have yet to breed

I don't think you can have rich soil in anything other than temperate forests

You can make the embarks bigger

how do you do that

ludeonicrous 350x350 size!

how is this one?

there is a spot of 140% rich soil that fits almost exactly one sunlamp.

sometimes you start on the right, sometimes on the left.
geysers are random, though.

ehhhh the right part of the valley is too thin

i'm paranoid sappers can mine through

Advanced option thingy

all i get is the option to make the map size larger

When you're picking the embark size it should have an options button to the side

Embark site I mean

this is all i see

Help. it's not even Winter yet and I've run out of vegetable food stores, how do I stop my Alpacas from starving

You butcher them
Survival of the colony over survival of the Alpacas, there's nothing you can do to save them so make the most of them now

I've got a shitload of meat, starvation for my colonists isn't an issue, can I turn meat into something the alpacas will eat like nutrient paste?

try simple meals

Animal husbandry is shit because animals are largely not worth it

butcher them

do you plan of surviving the winter from meat?
what is a shitload of meat?

>your face when i never use meat for my colonists and keep several thousand units of meat for lategame to feed hogs and other animals that only eat raw meat and corpses

>what is a shitload of meat

I've got 1500 units of various meats in the freezer for 4 colonists, and I'll be able to augment that with stuff I can hunt through winter

I will if it comes to it but I want to try and see how useful they are for myself as I didn't try it in my last game

That's it

1500 units of meat for 4 colonists gives you around 18 days. assuming its only 10th of fall you need 1000 units more of raw food to make it to the first harvest

Do Lavish meals even actually matter?

yes, emergency mood bonus.

you don't ever want to feed your colonists something different than simple meals except for emergency mood bonus

Better status effects from them, you can use insect meat on them and your dudes won't be all disgusted about it.

So set lavish meals to ONLY use insect meat.

>you can use insect meat on them and your dudes won't be all disgusted about it.

>first time playing
>pretty peaceful start
>two colonist fall in love
>Happy with their white artic fox pet
>4th raid
>wolf gets shotgunned and killed
>dude goes berserk and kills all the raiders
>manhunting boomrats shortly after
>everyone still hurt from raid
>can't run indoors in time
>all but 1 colonist gets downed
>use her to take potshots at them from indoors
>one explodes right near the door, starting a massive fire that destroys the all wood base
>triggers the other boomrats
>no medical beds
>Colonist has to watch her lover and friends burn to death
>She attempts to rebuild after the chaos is over
>Goes berserk and wanders into the forest just shooting animals
>Collapses from her muscle parasite
>gets torn apart by a fox

This all happened in like 10 minutes after smooth sailing for about 3 hours. I feel so many things. I did not see my colonist going out like that.

>negating the mood bonus while using twice the meals

don't do this

In terms of units of food, Simple actually takes the same amount as Fine. It's up to you if you want to make all fine for a decent bump or hoard meat until you really need it.

I can understand fr extreme conditions but
>He doesn't have intense amounts of food stored to make fine meals without worry

Thats the fun user
You don't expect it
That's why it's interesting and i can't stop playing

>Bored
>Decide to start without anything
>No food, no resources, no weapons, nothing
I could get addicted to make all my plays like this.

first time playing, I get endless sieges

second time playing, I get endless raids with an insane amount of survivors to imprison and no way to harvest them since I just harvested my medicinal crop

I simply never use meat for my colonists since there are animals you can only feed with raw meat and corpses.
You don't have to get them but rng decides what you get earlier.

Getting meat in the late game can be a pain in the
ass.

I never have a cook 24/7. I set them to do a shitload of simple meals and suspend it so that the cook can do something different.

Im on my phone and i can't delete the last the. Also the mood bonus from fine meals can get horded from raiders.
The

good idea user

it's not a pain if you have animals to slaughter

as a bonus you can use the animals for target practice

I usually have a full-time cook, and I set the bills so that cook fine meal is higher priority than cook simple meal, and I set them both to do forever. When meat is available he cooks fine, when not he cooks simple.

I feed my carnivores off corpses, because you end up with piles of them and if you freeze them they last forever.

Are tube televisions worth the price? They seem awfully expensive...

Alright since random randy challenge in Vietnam was too fucking easy what should I do next fellas

So to feed animals you want to keep more animals?You still need raw food to tame and train them

>You still need raw food to tame and train them
I butcher the corpses, I just don't cook them.

>I started it in a tribe
>1 colonist
You are nothing compared to me.

slow research is annoying

That sounds like a circle of hell for sure

Some user told me last thread about Techadvancing, it seems it's a mod that makes your scientific level up after meeting some kind of requirements.
Didn't test it yet but i hope it works, i could finally make it as real life and work it from neolithic, medieval and so on.
Not really, got used in last alpha to play without power until winter so i can handle myself.

only good for hospitals

it doesn't take much food to train them and you can use human meat which you aren't going to eat

I find animals to be indespensible, they provide protection, corpse disposal and haul shit while they only need grass to eat

What do you prioritize when building a new colony?

planting, beds, freezer

I'd probably say:

1. Freezer
2. Rice field
3. Barracks (converted into future hospital)
4. Storage space
5. Research bench

I was in a fire fight and my colonist out of nowhere starting firing on my own people, is that a glitch?

Planting, barracks, freezer, gun turrets, covered stockpile, bedrooms, dining room, production room, lounge room.

My colonist all died in a terrible fire started by raiders. Shame they didn't smell the smoke and wake up.

Why rice

What is ideal uniform

You know drafting them or prioritizing putting out fires wakes them up, right?

Poor guys.

Rice grows the quickest so it's a quick first plant. One because you'll get food in a relatively quick turnaround, and two because you'll be able to get multiple harvests before the winter sets in.

The first field will be rice but after I've got the must haves lined up I'll plant more and diversify crops.

how do you set up your workshops? one room for each craft or a joint room?

If you want to minmax you make a big room and then stack it with beauty+ stuff for the mood bonuses since colonists gonna be spending a lot of time in there.

I do separate rooms for groups of roughly the same kind of craft though.

>production things only look good facing up

I hate this

>diversifying crops

this fucks up my kitchen stockpiles

My comfy valley, opinions?

It'll look good when it's fully developed.

I have no idea how you were able to mine that much in so little time

then again I have been getting endless raid after raid

Pretty much got a good start, where the fertile ground ends into the mountain dirt is where i started to mine, Comfy little nook you found there

c o m fy

it seems too small once you get more than 10 pawns tho

The gooks lived on muddy rice and so can we
Shit lasts forever as long as it's covered

Sometimes I despise this fucking game

And my colonists not recognizing new roof zones so my shit keeps short circuiting

What a lovely patch of silver

ill try to hollow it out as much as i can, on the other side of the map is a huugge mountain range going from top to bottom of map. Possible new base extension, like make a trade bridge over to the mountain and dig out there when im over 10 people

What happens if you go full trump and build a wall around the entire border of the map, around 5 meters thick?

LIVE OR DIE?!

Man shouldnt have been a nudist, will die so much easier

you can't. there is a white line showing where you can build and it isn't near the edge of the map

i don't recall if you can mine there though

I would kill

jogger is the only nice trait

nudist is great tho cus perma 20 mood

>Arabic name
>Refugeee
>Explosives expert

i could have him haul and clean at night

that looks like a custom character

Is there some way to force the crashed ship event to happen? It's year five and I've been waiting for two years

fucking enraged a massive herd of carbs, welp time to reload autosave dumb bitch autopathed into the corner and got caught

>save scumming