Remember all the Alfa Giulia shill threads? Veeky Forums-tards telling everyone that this car would "kill BMW" (again)?

Remember all the Alfa Giulia shill threads? Veeky Forums-tards telling everyone that this car would "kill BMW" (again)?

>One Giulia was wheeled off like an A&E casualty after the infotainment system failed. Another I drove had an engine warning light screaming for attention from the instrument binnacle, and the cruise control refused to switch on. A third car tested suffered a frozen infotainment system, which could only be brought back to life by stopping the car and switching the ignition off and back on, and at times some air vents stopped blowing air whilst others continued.

>One colleague suffered jammed parking sensors, so they drove around with the car going “beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”.

>Alfa doesn’t believe drivers should have touchscreen displays — concentrate on driving, it says — yet the scrolling “mouse” wheel is cumbersome and possibly more distracting than a touchscreen. The seatbelts aren’t height-adjustable and the indicator can’t be cancelled by nudging it in the same direction a second time — only by nudging it in the opposing direction.

driving.co.uk/car-reviews/first-drive-review-2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-2/

As a german I find it hilarious that anyone would trust the italians anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

auto-motor-und-sport.de/fahrberichte/fahrbericht-alfa-romeo-giulia-22-jtdm-16v-11250833.html
motoring.com.au/alfa-delays-giulia-100327/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As a German citizen living in Canada in surprised anyone drives a BMW past e46

That's irrelevant to the thread really. I'm not a BMW fan at all but betting on the italians (out of butthurt because the americans themselves fail again and again and again etc.) is just idiotic.

Bump for alfa shill tears

Not fussed about Alfas either way but if you decide whether you like a car based on shit like infotainment instead of actual driving things then you are a massive faggot

kek for an alfa these arn't even problems, im suprised they even fired up without blowing the coils out
>the indicator can’t be cancelled by nudging it in the same direction a second time
all cars do this? why would you even try to move a 3 way switch onto the point its already at?

>but if you decide whether you like a car based on shit like infotainment instead of actual driving things then you are a massive faggot

Oh boy, do I have news for you!

The way they rushed development on the Giulia I am pretty certain we will see some hilarious fuck ups come to light quite soon.

t. alfa giulia shill

>guise they're unreliable
BMwieners are this assmad

Remember all the ats-v shill threads? No one will care in a few months just stop talking about them

Oh dog how I loved those shill threads!

>THIS TIME CADIWRECK IS GONNA KILL BMW!
>YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!
>THEY TESTED IT AND IT IS BETTER THAN THE M3
>BMW IS AS GOOD AS DEAD!

Bump

If you're absolutely hell bent on buying a newer car BMW's are still top tier.

That being said, cars past ~2005 are kind of shit. BMW and Mercedes is pandering to the normies by cramming their cars full of shit that'll cost a ton to fix. They're great rides, they just lose a lot of value in my eyes because they're too heavy and too expensive to work on.

I guess most wealthy normies don't care though

Only on Veeky Forums would people claiming to be enthusiasts make such a big deal out of a stupid fucking infotainment system, which BMW has a shit one too, so what's the point? Fucking retards.

>Veeky Forums-tards telling everyone that this car would "kill BMW" (again)?
you already mentioned they were shill threads. they had like 100 posts from 15 IPs.

Are you this butt clenched mad op?

Those were pre-series cars, the very same you could have seen at motorshows around the world 2 months ago.

Also you have found the only review talking shit about the car, I repeat THE ONLY ONE.

Plus, the Infotainment Giulia uses is made by Magneti Marelli and is the same as the Bmw, including the rotary dial.

Don't be so mad that Alfa Romeo is going to retake the first place on the automotive scene, the only place suitable for such a legendary brand.

top fucking kek

Op I'll leave this here, you surely are familiar with the language:

auto-motor-und-sport.de/fahrberichte/fahrbericht-alfa-romeo-giulia-22-jtdm-16v-11250833.html

May you want to translate us this passage?

>das Qualitätsniveau liegt etwa zwischen 3er BMW und Audi A4.

ITT: Alfa shills mad that their brand isn't becoming a generic superior FWD car manufacturer

->alfa romeo
->killing bmw

Only thing alfa is killing is owners wallet. Itallian piece of shit glued with spit.

Sure thing user, that's why german cars are such reliable and have low maintenance costs.

N47 rubbish engine, 70€ per hour of labor plus thousand of coins for replacing turbos and rebuild the distribution.

Faulty DSG dct sold for years while they knew it was faulty since the beginning, spilling thousand of coins (even up to 5-6000€) for replacing the unit of out the manufacturer warranty (obviously we're talking about vag group) who doesn't give a fuck for european customers.

You get the dieselgate, wow, the biggest criminal scam ever in the automotive scene because they're not able to be "durch Technik" among other competitors so they have to cheat and once they've been caught they blame every manufacturer because EVERYBODY CHEATS when nobody but vag has used a default device to cheat on emissions while robbing several countries of money incentives for "muh ecological engines".

Do you want to talk about Mercedes?

Well, they purchase engines from Renault, which build their diesel engines in Spain, and they put these little shit eco diesels in cars with a price starting from roughly 30.000€.

It's just a shame the Alfas that absolutely destroyed the M3/M4 in the Nurburgring didn't suffer from those minor electronic glitches, isn't it?

Reminder that the Giulia set a new record with the manual version 7:36 but they won't officialize the time...in the meantime the Quadrifoglio with the ZF8 is running on the nurburgring and they say the time (that will be officialized and filmed) is around 7:26/28.

This is why people buy Alfas. Not for normie shit like infotainment.
The 4C could be the perfect car if they made a manual. T_T

Reminder that there are several people that today are Bmw customers because in the last 20 years has not built a competitive rwd car.

Now they have and it's mechanically superior to every sedan in their league, so, let's see how the market will react.

>the last 20 * years has

*Alfa Romeo

It's too late m8. Shoulda done it 20 years ago.
Now even BMW is moving to RWD because the average punter doesn't care about dynamics any more. Just toys, edgy styling, massive wheels, empeejeez and the right badge

* to FWD

>As a german
You don't have to be a German to know Italian cars are crap.

the cars tested for that article were the pre production press mules, they're gonna be unfinished in some ways, especially with alfa. i'm sure the car will be something special, but why compare it to the bmw? it's gonna be great to have rwd alfa's again stop fucking complaining goddamn.

The 3 Series won't be FWD and so won't the "Classic" Bmw, they have to do this kind of shit because of high developing expenses for new models and chassis and that's why they're sharing platforms and engines with mini.

Alfa Romeo as part of FCA can easily share parts, engines and chassis with Maserati while Fiat can share with jeep, Chrysler, etc..totally inside their Group.

You are a fucktard. You formed one opinion and you will not change it no matter what so here is no point in arvuing with you.

Also from your last paragraph. You put it that way that it sounds the mercedes is ONLY using renault engine which is not true because they put that engine only in small city car a class and little bigger b class.

But look at me, trying to change fucktards opinion. Its almost bad as being fucktard desu

okay sorry for being wrong

>71k€ for a fucking Alfa Romeo

>auto-motor-und-sport.de/fahrberichte/fahrbericht-alfa-romeo-giulia-22-jtdm-16v-11250833.html

It says that quality-wise the interior sits somewhere between a 3series BMW and the Audi A4

Except for the infotainment system that doesn't work of course.

>€71k
>YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN CARE THAT HALF OF IT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE IT IS AN ALFA! MUH PASSION!!!

Guess what people with that kind of money will buy :^)

It means that if a german car magazine which is an autority says that the Alfa is a good, well made and superbly drive oriented car you can bet Your useless ass that it's true.

Also the fact that you need to open a post to shitpost about the Giulia is clearly a sign of your alteration meaning that Alfa Romeo is doing very good.

Deal with it and deal with your autism

This. Since when do indicators cancel this way? Seems counter intuitive and really not something that should be mentioned alongside those other issues.

>Guess what people with that kind of money will buy :^)
A Ferrari?

>in cars with a price starting at 30k

Sounds like he know what cars they're going in to me.

I don't doubt it is true. I just doubt it will last very long seeing how Alfa has rushed the development of this car and their quality control history.

Also please note that I am not hating on the Alfa itself as much as on the retard shills on Veeky Forums.

My father and grandfather have driven several Alfas and loved them (my grandpa had a GTV6 for example) and Alfa returning to RWD cars with a bit of italian "charme" (and soul and passion yeahyeah) is really nice.

You'd have to be monumentally retarded to think that customers these days would be willing to spend 71k on an Alfa.

>€71k Ferrari

I doubt it.

>71k

There's not only the Quadrifoglio version m8.

The car starts from 35.000€.

Also they have spent far less money For the 4C, so...

>nissan puts merc engine into infiniti
>car is even more expensive than the shitty merc

>confirmed as the saltiest fangirls on Veeky Forums

That makes it even worse to be honest. People on more of a budget are going to think very hard about favouring an Alfa over a BMW if they have a "limited" budget like that.

People with M3 money also have enough to give the Alfa a shot without having to worry too much about possible repair costs. Meanwhile the market for "enthusiasts" in the lower price regions is very small. Most buyers in that range will make their decision more carefully and Alfas very dodgy history is not gonna help.

Prepare your butt

Anyone with money for an M3 wouldn't buy an Alfa. The BMW badge and the M badge have way more reputation nowadays. And you don't get into money by wasting it with ridiculous repairs.

BUT ITS MORE EXPENSIVE REEEEEE

:^)

Yes, americans will never understand this :^)

Only 1 series due to production cost.

Invalid argument.

A 2.2 diesel that is going to be raped with taxes in most countries cause of the displacement while the competition offers the same level of hp or even more with smaller engines.

TOP KEK

Wheres that's mjet tripcode faggot now?

>and the indicator can’t be cancelled by nudging it in the same direction a second time — only by nudging it in the opposing direction

okay serious question: what the hell is going on with turn signals levers? i started driving in the mid 2000s and i've driven various japanese cars from the late 90s and early 2000s and the way all of them worked was you set your turn signal by flipping the lever up or down, it locks there, then to cancel the turn signal you move the lever back to the center position and the turn signal cuts off. i drove a few new hondas and mazdas (went with a mazda 3) and none of them do that anymore?? like, i'll move the lever back to the center position and the turn signal won't cut off. the only way i could get the turn signal to cut off has been to very slightly set the lever in the opposite position (as in moving it toward center then past). i don't understand why those cars i've driven behave that way and it annoys the hell out of me. is it a new thing? have some cars always been like that? what the hell is going on

> ITT ALFA SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

All I know is that on my car you can just half-push it down to make it blink 3 times for agressive Autobahn driving.

Also I can't remember when I manually switched the indicator off since they turn off automatically after you have turned.

Another fucking stupid cunt.

Most cars have the ability to blink several times with a simple nudge. 3/5/or more times. So if it hasn't done those nudge induced blinks, when you cut the blinker back it will still keep doing it till it finishes the routine.

YOU DUMB FUCKING FAGGOT. LEARN TO READ THE FUCKING USER MANUAL.

>As a german

Mohammed bitte. Du bist Passdeutsch.

The only reason to get an alfa ever was/is special snowflake syndrome. No one gives a fuck about laptimes except poorfag autists in shitboxes

Kek, ich seh aus wie aus dem Rassebilderbuch, du Pissrinne.

yeah excuse me for not being up to speed on the hottest trends in nanny tier hand-holding car technology

>biodeutscher FCA Shill

wranon oder mjet?

> damage control for being a stupid fuck

The stalkers on my Punto have two modes.
You can just nudge it and it'll blink like 8 times and it self cancels. Or you can just flip it 'till it you hear the switch and it'll only cancel when you complete the turn.

What did we say... The tripcode faggot wasn't going to take long to come on board and talk about his shitbox.

>A 2.2 diesel that is going to be raped with taxes in most countries cause of the displacement while the competition offers the same level of hp or even more with smaller engines.
And you're wrong.
FCA multijet units usually have the highest HP/Nm per liter.

>142,000€
>Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s
>no back seats

Enjoy regenerating your DPF in your plastic box

>FCA multijet units usually have the highest HP/Nm per liter.

maybe 10 years ago

Shut the fuck up nigger.

2.2 with 180hp

BMW does the same with a 2.0.

Are you even aware how much more the Alfa will pay in taxes in your shitty country just because of 0.2cm3?

Fuckin idiot.

And you can add the fact that Alfa is late one generation. When everyone else is at 2.0 and getting ready do downsize once again, Alfa debuted with 2.2's.

Hows it going mjet? Suicide watch?

Weder noch.

Sichi Bruder.

I'm sure a 2.2 with 150hp will be very attractive. lel nope. Paying taxes for a big engine while riding along on a shitty diesel.

> 150hp
>2.2

TOP KEK

>motoring.com.au/alfa-delays-giulia-100327/

>“Even when they posted their lap time on the Nürburgring, the car was very nervous and that was on cut racing slicks and more than 100kg lighter than the production version,” he said.

costanza.jpg

Try now.
>yfw a small 1.6 multijet produces almost as many torks as a 1.8 BMW unit

Don't worry, love. I'm going to ditch it the moment the warranty expires.

lelelelel

>2.2 Multijet
>180hp
>450Nm

>2.0d N47
>160hp
>380Nm

>2.0d B47
>160hp
>400Nm

TIPTOPKEK

BMW literally needs a 2.5L engine to produce as many torks as 2.2L Multijet unit.

This, i came into this thread just to wonder what the fuck this was doing with all the other issues

The indicators wont turn off if you push them in the on direction again? ive never seen a car that does this, one way is on, other way is off... whats to hard about that????

Na welche fiat shitbox kannste dein eigen nennen?

You realise Fiat don't cover DPF faults under warranty, right? I'm a mechanic for a fleet who have tens of thousands of the things, and WE could negotiate to be covered.

Keine, aber BMW ist einfach unglaubich überbewertet.

Couldn't*

alberto barbosa is sure shilling his italian crappy shitboxes in here again

>BMW
>1.8L Hubraum

>B47D20
>2.5L Hubraum

Du bist wirklich so behindert, oder?

past e9x generation honestly you have to go over to porsche.Even Porsche is going to shit though:(

und wer soll dir das jetzt glauben?

Still had no issues with it. Almost 48k kms.
I'm planning on physically deleting it (maybe a straight pipe through it or just have a dummy fabricated). Then I'll remap it to about 105/250Nm.
Thinking of deleting the egr and a straight pipe through the final muffler.

I'm not german.
And please don't get me wrong. I fucking love Beemers. But you have no fucking need to be so assblasted and defensive.

lel the faggot is trying to damage control so hard hes going for the older bmw engines...

The B47 engine is the new one.

Wer auch immer das will, ich habe ein Busticket.

>modifying a vehicle under warranty
Why even bother buying new? Are you slow?

1.6 what? 1.6 cancerjtd? cause those engines are nothing than a pile of steaming shit

>posts shit without even researching
>expects me to be friendly

I never met someone owning a fiat that wasn't an upper bydlo retard

I didn't buy it new. It was a dealer car. Had 1 year when I bought it.

lol, multijet units are pretty reliable. Why so sour?

??

You fucking cunt. The b47 produces 197 and 400nm.

Biased piece of shit.

Another motherfucker that doesn't care about anyone else on the planet. Can't hope for the EU to pass somekind of law requiring inspection for DPF removals. Hope you get cancer.

Then why are you so defensive of the italian shit?

The B47D20 has 2.0 l (1995 cm3)

small displacement jtd are far from reliable, the only one that got it good was the 1.9... even the 2.4 was a smoldering turd

why haven't you bought those shit tires? it would have been a heavens gift for Veeky Forums if you had already crashed and die

>just forget about these tho
N47 (160 kW) 215hp 450 Nm
>no don't look
B47 (170 kW) 227hp/500nm

absolutely pathetic user

I'm not being defensive. Just stating facts.

>pic related

1.3s and 1.6s are pretty reliable.
They're used on commercial vehicles and have upwards of 600k kms with no issues at all.

>shit tyres
kek, the Vredsteins were actually pretty good, fyi.
Just went for the Continentals because they were much easier to come by.

>shilling for Fiat

I don't know if you could sink any lower than that actually

why do you always cherrypick to make fiat look better than they are?
you discredit yourself and no one takes you seriously any more.
are fiat paying you?

> owns a fiat
> thinks italian cars are anything good
> makes a fool of himself in every topic i see him
>keeps posting after being humiliated countless times

sheeeet tyrone, are you even trying?

citing wikipedia? seriously? not even checking if its updated?

lel

im sure you wanted to be the top dog, but come on... this is just pathetic